So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

19 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I read that SJS acknowledged that he's currently in a relationship with announcer Jo Eun-jung. His agency confirmed that he is seriously in a relationship with her. Report said that they met in February last year in an interview for the SBS TV show "TV News at Night" as reporter and interviewee. After meeting for the first time then, they became closer as they hung out with mutual friends. :P   This was during when he was promoting his film “Be With You.” Although the couple confirmed that they were together, they said they’re not yet in a place to think about marriage. It is his first time that he has revealed his girlfriend to the public. The couple has large age gap of 17 years, she is 17 years younger than him. She debuted as a newscaster through the OGN game channel some years ago and was a reporter on “E-news Exclusive” until last year.

The following is a statement posted on management agency's 51k official Instagram page.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

credit : Hancinema

Good for him. I'm just surprised that he did the typical thing men his age do getting a younger woman with such a large age gap. I'm sure he'll get married soon since there is a picture of him ring shopping a Tiffany & Co.

37 minutes ago, killarhee said:

Good for him. I'm just surprised that he did the typical thing men his age do getting a younger woman with such a large age gap. I'm sure he'll get married soon since there is a picture of him ring shopping a Tiffany & Co.

Hi killarhee, well, he's due to get married anyway - hahaha - I just hope he finds the right one for him. 17-years is quite a huge age gap, though. I wish him the best! :P

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to So Ji Sub and Jo Eun Jung! Love triumphs plenty of barriers. An age gap of 17 years is nothing. :)

[HanCinema's News] How So Ji-sub and Jo Eun-jung First Met

photo1064687.jpg

On May 21st the SBS Entertainment News program 'One Night' released behind the scenes footage of the first known meeting between So Ji-sub and Jo Eun-jung. They met at the time for work reasons - Jo Eun-jung was interviewing So Ji-sub and Son Ye-jin for their then-upcoming movie "Be with You".

In the footage there are moments where So Ji-sub seems oddly nervous, even though as a veteran actor he should be very comfortable with these kinds of interviews. Son Ye-jin's presence in the interview make this especially obvious, as there are times when she and Jo Eun-jung team up to tease So Ji-sub for his odd answers.

One particular standout moment is when Jo Eun-jung comments on how So Ji-sub seems like a very expressive lover. So Ji-sub responds by saying that he works hard to clean up his past when it comes to love. At that time So Ji-sub had never had a confirmed girlfriend. And with the current announcement that he is together with Jo Eun-jung, there is speculation that the two might be planning to get married.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 1

*** Media outlet 'Dispatch' has also released these photos where they are on a casual evening date to a cafe in Hannam-dong.  :P It looks like that So Ji Sub was the one who went inside the cafe to order drinks while Jo Eun Jung waited outside.  It's reported that he ordered an iced Americano for both of them while the couple enjoyed a simple date strolling the streets.  SJS looks so tall walking beside her. Check out 'Dispatch's latest photos below.  :P

2jpg.jpg

3jpg.jpg

4jpg.jpg

6jpg.jpg

Spoiler

7jpg.jpg

8jpg.jpg

9jpg.jpg

cr-photos : allkpop

Spoiler

Really Happy for SJS -- Finally we hear good news from him ..

Congrats and all the best for your Relationship...

now he gets to enjoy companionship to spend his weekends and holidays...

its really been a while since we last heard about his relationship.

Well .. if the rumours are real that he is planning wedding soon.. 

we should all wish him all the best ….

I sincerely feel he is really ready for a family... judging from his fondness for children 

in the dramas and movies...

Congrats to the Girlfriend.. --- you have got the best Gems in the world to be your

boyfriend and future husband.. he is definitely the Best Catch ..

and definitely a good father...hahah

waiting for Good news soon....

• Like 1

May 22, 2019

Actor So Ji-sub Dating Ex-TV Broadcaster

Actor So Ji-sub has been dating a former TV broadcaster for a year, according to the actor's agency.

The agency said in a press release last Friday that So first met Cho Eun-jung as an interviewer on a TV entertainment show about a year ago and they later became romantically involved.

2019052201037_0.jpg

It is the first time the actor has gone public with a relationship in his 24 years in showbiz.

In a letter to fans posted with English translation on his agency's social network, So wrote, "She is the one who keeps my side calmly and supports me with a great help. We have [a] good relationship but there are still a lot [of] things to be careful about." He added, "I will try to be [a] more responsible actor so that I could give you back all the faith you have given me. I promise I will do my best not to let you down."

Cho, who is 17 years his junior, studied traditional Korean dance at Ewha Womans University before starting to work as a broadcaster at an eSports cable channel in 2014. She later turned freelance but is currently attending graduate school.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

• Like 1

So Ji Sub Has Always Shown Exceptional Manners

Good manners are ingrained in his actions.

5TisueSP4YcCZythMn96LoblDnx2gnLW2LOvaEW-

So Ji Sub, who recently announced his relationship with Cho Eun Jung, has previously shown his good manners on numerous occasions.

So Ji Sub previously attended the press conference for the film, The Battleship Island, alongside child actress Kim Soo Ahn.

_n7ZoiRNGMjZVtXQxYOtgUb_LZSjp8HOYvaX8IX9

On this day, Kim Soo Ahn was dressed in an adorable white dress.

mUEYm3LJ-ViCUdQFkl4QpvZAv5fvx-O27N3DFLZm

The dress, however, was apparently a little short and Kim Soo Ahn looked uncomfortable sitting in it. As soon as So Ji Sub noticed this, he did not hesitate to take the handkerchief from his pocket and hand it to her.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a8M8eP6JBJlVAoUlxoS10Ohg8pGSn0ZsqbIoI7dDu9BmV-860iO__eSAUQH_Iuc6YXV_2WgQs2kXypH6ChT0dnaRgiWXbUnz=w380-nu-rh

Thanks to So Ji Sub, Kim Soo Ahn was able to proceed with the conference comfortably without having to worry about her dress!

6RzXQa9e_PWoF5X3jvwEbf42xnPmgEOIIx8CvR9C

Spoiler

So Ji Sub also showed his good manners at another event for the drama, Oh My Venus. When co-star Shin Min A was trying to drink water, he silently took the bottle and opened it for her.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_uILfG-E9tEE_XM54qMgkFsT4XGDBNMBXQgL7N6RKgadEhg3u_WSwybjS3wSwz7YKuWMNVeLwN9Myqad6SsgPH8XlK9C8iE8Eg=w380-nu-rh

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

Spoiler

• Like 1

***I finally done watching his last drama "Terius Behind Me" - I wasn't able to watch this continuously during its airing since I lacked time to do so. Hahaha - I understand that spanking is highly discouraged in Korean culture, but good heavens, someone needs to do something to teach those children some respect and discipline. I would have them glued to my hip at all times so they couldn’t touch a damn thing. But, at the latter EPs, they became sweet. I found “Terius Behind Me” to be a mostly pleasant drama. There’s a good bit of humor and fun with Bon being the stoic secret agent taking care of a rambunctious kids. The romance between Bon and Ae Rin is subtle but sweet. But overall, “Terius Behind Me” was a fun enough story that mixed elements of romantic comedy, family, and spy action that I would recommend for others to watch. I did enjoy the heart-warming moments of Bon opening up a little bit and finding a family. I wanted to feel bad for Jin Yong Tae in Terius Behind Me but given that all that happened to him was a result of all the bad things he had previously done it was quite difficult for me to sympathise. The amount of effort Go Ae Rin put into all of her jobs in Terius Behind Me was both hilarious and inspirational. :P

• Like 1

The 14 Best K-Drama Rom-Coms Of All Time

bdce5a62d23d475c93298c3fbd2ad5e4.jpeg?s=

With the scent of summer in the air and the anticipation of a fun-filled summer up ahead, it’s the perfect time to binge watch some classic K-drama rom-coms to get you into that summer romance feel. Rom-com dramas, when done right, are the best kind of genre to watch.

They make you feel good, tug at your heartstrings, and totally have you a believer in love. All aspects that we can dig, right? There’s obviously been a lot of rom-coms out there in the K-drama world, but very few earn the title of being the best of all time. Here’s a look at 14 of those titles (in no particular order).

Warning: Minor spoilers ahead.

3. Master’s Sun

masters-sun.jpg

It’s really hard to find humor in a series about a woman who is constantly haunted by dead people, but the Hong sisters were able to somehow pull it off. Gong Hyo Jin plays Tae Gong Sil, a girl who barely gets enough sleep at night because she’s constantly being pestered by dead people wanting her to do things for them. She meets Joo Joong Won (So Ji Sub) and finds out that when she touches him, she doesn’t see the dead people.

The two start off despising each other, but because Gong Sil is able to find peace when she’s around Joong Won, she’s pretty clingy.

The two embark on a weird relationship and somehow end up falling in love with each other. There are scary ghosts throughout and they’re actually legit scary looking, but because the story is so good, you can look past it.

masters-sun.gif

The Hong sisters are brilliant when it comes to creativity and tapping into the supernatural world. And when this world coexists with that of romance and butterflies, it makes for a unique script. This series really brought out all kinds of emotions and had you really rooting for the two main leads. It’s unpredictable in some aspects of the plot and generally just consistent in terms of keeping viewers engaged. There’s so much to love about it!

masters-sun1.gif

Start watching “Master’s Sun”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

Korean Movie of the Week "Be With You"

photo1067844.jpg

Korean movie of the week "Be with You" (2017)

Directed by Lee Jang-hoon-I

With So Ji-sub, Son Ye-jin, Kim Ji-hwan-I, Ko Chang-seok, Lee You-jin, Kim Hyun-soo,...

Also known as "Now I Will Meet You" and "On My Way To You"
Synopsis
Based on a Japanese original novel called "Be with You", which sold over a million copies in 2004, the movie tells the story of a woman who dies and leaves behind her son and husband. She then returns a year later, putting her fate on the line for the sake of her family.

Release date in Korea : 2018/03/14

Read William's review

Available on Blu-ray and DVD from YESASIA

Blu-ray (Scanavo Full Slip Numbering Limited Edition) (Booklet + Photo Card + Poster) (Fluttering Version) (En Sub)
Blu-ray (Scanavo Full Slip Numbering Limited Edition) (Booklet + Photo Card + Poster) (Fluttering Version) (En Sub)
DVD HK (En Sub)
DVD HK (En Sub)

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** There's a report that So Ji-sub purchased a five million dollar home so, there's speculation that he was already planning for marriage.  However, his agency has issued a clarification stating that he was not planning marriage yet and that the woman with him when he made the purchase was an agency representative, not his girlfriend. I guess he bought the property to move into the same district with his GF which is located in the Hannam district of Seoul.  Well, it's an investment, anyway.  :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

***  It has been many years ...........but, I still feel sad & bad every time I remember him. It doesn't matter which country you live in but depression is the real killer. Extreme expectations can lead to negative things. There is always pressure everywhere and celebrities are human, too! Sigh.............I miss PYH! He was a wonderful actor & singer! ^_^

So Ji Sub Visits Best Friend Park Yong Ha's Grave on the 9th Anniversary of His Passing

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2019/07/02/so-ji-sub-visits-best-friend-park-yong-has-grave-on-the-9th-anniversary-of-his-passing/

[FICTION VS HISTORY] ‘The Battleship Island’ twists a bitter history

The 2017 movie fails to provide a balanced look at Korea and Japan’s complicated past

14193043.jpg

In film and television, historical dramas have never gone out of style. Fans of period dramas, both in Korea and abroad, like to be transported to a different time and learn about the stories that swept up — or were put in motion by — our ancestors. Some watch to see how the present compares with the past. Others watch to see progress. Foreign Korea-philes can get a crash course in Korean history while watching historical films. But all historical dramas create characters, add romantic plots and conflate or invent events to make sure viewers don’t lose interest. With Fiction vs. History, the Korea JoongAng Daily attempts to distinguish fact from fiction in popular period dramas and films for clarification and to dispel misunderstandings.

Since the Supreme Court ruled that Japanese companies needed to compensate Koreans who were forced to work for them during World War II in October, the diplomatic relationship between the two countries has become increasingly tense. The conflict worsened recently when Japan enforced restrictions on industrial exports to Korea as an economic retaliatory measure. Japan insists that the issue of forced labor was fully settled in 1965 when the two countries restored diplomatic relations.

To learn more about the forced labor issue, many young Koreans and people from outside of the region unfamiliar with this bitter history are turning to old articles, documentaries and more to learn more information about what exactly happened between Japan and Korea.

The big-budget period piece“The Battleship Island” (2017) may be one of their choices. Directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, the movie is about Korean forced laborers on Japan’s Hashima Island, also called Battleship Island due to its warship-like appearance, during World War II. Featuring veteran actors like Hwang Jung-min, So Ji-sub and Song Joong-ki, the film, despite the controversies it aroused after the release, sold 6.59 million tickets domestically. Many who saw the film insist that the high ticket sales were due to film distributor CJ E&M’s screen monopoly, rather than because of the movie itself.

The film was heavily criticized by patriotic Koreans for purposely avoiding the typical “good Koreans, bad Japanese” narrative. Yet many theatergoers still insisted the movie had too many elements of nationalism, with many calling it a gukbbong (a portmanteau of the Korean words for country and methamphetamines, denoting a blind obsession with patriotism) film. Some Japanese groups also denounced the film, arguing that the story was entirely made up. Even Korean survivors of Hashima appeared in interviews saying that “imaginary parts have been added to the movie.”

Of course, director Ryoo said before the release that fictional elements had been added to the film to more dramatically tell the story of the laborers who were forcibly taken to Hashima and work in coal mines during the Japanese colonial era (1910-45), emphasizing that the film is not a documentary. The lead characters who appear in the film for example - a bandmaster, played by Hwang, with his daughter, played by Kim Soo-ahn; the gang leader, played by So, and former comfort woman played by Lee Jung-hyun - are all fictional. Yet the reason all those Koreans ended up in Hashima is based in fact: They were forcibly taken by the Japanese government.

14193102.jpg

Hashima Island, located near Nagasaki, Japan, is also called Battleship Island due to its warship-like appearance. While the island is a symbol of rapid industrialization of Japan, it is also a reminder of its bitter history as a site of forced labor of Koreans during World War II. Despite fierce criticisms from Korea, the island was registered as a Unesco World Heritage Site in 2015. [JOONGANG ILBO]

When Korea was a colony of Japan, Tokyo ordered the Japanese Government General of Korea to summon Koreans by regional groups to fill up the quota needed for a labor force. Many young men and women were taken to Japan against their will to work in the mines, steel mills and shipyards of Japan. One of them was Battleship Island, to which some 800 Koreans were transferred between 1939-45, with 134 of them dying while working there, according to official data. Survivors of Hashima, such as Kim Hyung-seok, said in an interview with local media that the head of his village said a draft notice was issued; therefore, he had to follow the others. That was Nov. 17, 1943.

In order to avoid the “good Koreans, bad Japanese” narrative, the director also put a spotlight on the harsh exploitation of the Korean laborers by creating fictional pro-Japanese Korean characters. For example, the director, who also wrote the screenplay, created an independence fighter named Yoon Hak-cheol (played by Lee Gyeung-young) who also gets taken to Hashima Island. In front of the Korean laborers, he pretends to negotiate with the Japanese officials for the Korean people but secretly makes deals with the Japanese and together they embezzle the laborers’ wages.

Real survivors of Hashima, however, do not recall cruel treatments from the pro-Japanese Koreans. But their wages did get taken away from them, according to the survivors’ testimonies and they failed to receive what they were initially promised.

The ending of the film, the most dramatic part, is mostly fiction. Actor Song, who plays Moo-young, an agent with the U.S. Army comes to the Island to save Yoon, the independence fighter. After realizing he is a betrayer, Moo-young shoots him dead and leads hundreds of Koreans out of the island. Koreans work together and help each other and sacrifice their own lives to fight the Japanese forces and escape from Battleship Island. According to historical records, after the U.S. detonated a nuclear bomb on Nagasaki, a city located next to the island, and another one in Hiroshima, in 1945 all the coal mining came to a halt on the Hashima Island as the electricity was cut off. The Japanese government transferred the Korean forced laborers on Hashima Island to Nagasaki to clean up the wrecked city and they later fell victim to radiation exposure.

BY YIM SEUNG-HYE [sharon@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

9 Of The Nicest Rich Guys Who Shatter K-Drama Stereotypes

Where would K-drama be without chaebols? That’s the Korean word for a wealthy businessman, owner of a vast conglomerate empire, aka the job description of 80 percent of K-drama male leads. It makes sense that this trope is so popular: when we enter the world of chaebols, we get to see how the other half lives and to revel in glamour and luxury which we’d never otherwise experience.

But you know what doesn’t make sense? So many K-drama chaebols are arrogant jerks, and so many female leads keep falling for them anyway. It’s 2019, people! Our leading ladies have better things to do than chase cold, aloof guys who don’t treat them right. That’s why we always love to see a chaebol who knows how to be a decent human being. The more these charming fellas turn up, the more the tide turns and the fewer tired tropes we have to endure.

Want to know which rich guys are leading the way? Let’s find out!

Warning: spoilers ahead!

4. Kim Young Ho in “Oh My Venus

so-ji-sub-oh-my-venus-1.gif

The chaebol lifestyle isn’t exactly known to be healthy. In most dramas, it’s a parade of late-night drinking, spending too much time at the office, and brooding while driving really fast. There will probably also be a good dose of yelling at minions involved. But then along comes Kim Young Ho, a mild-mannered, soft-spoken fitness fanatic who’s never too far from a treadmill.

so-ji-sub-oh-my-venus-2.gif

Young Ho grew up rich but lonely, shuttered indoors due to illness and injury. His passion for fitness is not about honing those chocolate abs. It’s more about keeping fear and loneliness at bay: if he doesn’t get sick, he won’t have to feel alone. When he meets charmingly chubby Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah), his worldview is turned upside down. Health, he realizes, is not just a physical condition.

Just as much, it’s about learning to reach out and let yourself be loved.

Check out the first episode of “Oh My Venus”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

10 Cheesy Romantic K-Dramas That Are Total Guilty Pleasures

Let’s be real. There are A LOT of cheesy K-dramas out there. Sometimes we watch a particular scene that we’ve seen countless times before that is off-the-charts cheesy, but we still can’t help but love it. There are various tropes or elements that usually result in a drama giving off a cheesy vibe. Some aspects include an accidental hug or kiss, an over-the-top confession, a background song, and super sweet displays of affection in the form of actions or words. And although these cheesy elements are enough to make us cringe, it still doesn’t take away from the fact that the K-drama is an absolute pleasure to watch. Here’s a look at 10 Romantic K-dramas that are cheesy but a total guilty pleasure.

Warning: Minor spoilers ahead!

1. “Oh My Venus

Even from just the first episode of “Oh My Venus,” there were scenes that screamed, “CHEESE.” But because the drama starred So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah, I was willing to give it a shot. Despite various parts of the series continuing to be cringy, it was possible to overlook it because of the OTP.

oh-my-venus1.jpg

The series has a lot of aegyo, especially with how Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah) interacts with Kim Young Ho (So Ji Sub). She is so open with her affections with him that it could have come off being over-the-top cheesy, but because the main leads ooze with so much sex appeal, it isn’t half as cheesy as it could have been. It’s one that is a total guilty pleasure despite all the scenes that make you want to squeal and cringe.

oh-my-venus.gif

Start watching “Oh My Venus”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)