So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

On 6/30/2016 at 1:59 PM, myhaneul said:

Moolmang Power Ranking... Cool! :)

http://m.moolmang.com/sub/profile/id/4318/?&rid=218

# 25 of 1,805 Stars

# 15 of 729 배우 (Actor)

Currently... leading the poll as the Romantic Comedy King. ^_^ http://m.moolmang.com/sub/rank-view/?id=221

Leading the poll for the Actor who looks great with facial hair.  http://m.moolmang.com/sub/rank-view/?id=281

Leading the poll for excellent actor who was once a model.  http://m.moolmang.com/sub/rank-view/?id=112

tumblr_o9klxkZYY41vu3ndko1_400.png

Correction : STILL is a MODEL :)

Congrats to 51k for their addition to the family....

51K made their official announcement today, welcoming Taecyeon to their already talented lineup of actors, including So Ji Sub and child actor Lee Hyo Je.

51K will spare no effort to make sure they can repay all of Taecyeon’s fans for the love and support his huge fan base sends him, supporting his talents and charms through various activities.

While Taecyeon may no longer be signed with JYP Entertainment, 51K will make sure he still remains part of 2PM, as they will do their best to work with JYP Entertainment to make sure Taecyeon can still remain a part of 2PM’s activities.

JYP Entertainment has since confirmed that Taecyeon will continue to be a part of 2PM, even though he is no longer signed with them.

“Even though Taecyeon has changed to a new agency, he will continue to be a part of 2PM’s promotions. We are in charge of managing 2PM’s promotions.”

— JYP Entertainment

source https://www.koreaboo.com/news/2pms-taecyeon-leaves-jyp-entertainment-signs-new-agency/

• Like 1

Wow...Ji-sub ssi is busy filming Terius Behind Me and his fans managed to capture some good shots of him.

Cr. IG contributors 

yesterday, several fans managed to take a closer shot of him... Ji-sub ssi please stay hydrate.  I don't mind being your Water girl..:P

It's really hot now in South Korea and our One and Only doesn't seem to be bother with the heat :sweatingbullets:

Gosh, he is now in Hoodie :o, the people surrounding him are mostly in short sleeves...please take care. Btw, his manager is rather cute, don't you think so?

Here's the statement released by 51k

2PM's Taecyeon signs on with a new label

On July 25, entertainment label 51K released an official statement to the press to announce that they have signed an exclusive contract with 2PM's Taecyeon

51K stated,

"Hello, this is 51K. We have become a new family with singer/actor Ok Taecyeon. We are incredibly glad to be able to work with Taecyeon, who is undeniably considered one of Korea's best artists as a member of 2PM, in addition to being an actor with insurmountable potential, passion, and talent. 

We will not withold any of our full support so that Taecyeon can continue his activities as a singer with his artist background and the strength of the numerous fans behind him, but also so that he can display his abilities and charms in acting through various projects.

We will also put in our best efforts so that Taecyeon can continue his 2PM activities in partnership with JYP Entertainment, as he has received love from fans all over the world through his group 2PM. 

51K began as a one-man acting agency, but is on the cusp of growing into an all-around company, working in publishing, record and music distribution, broadcasting contents, etc. We are very lucky to have the chance to work with the multi-talented artist Taecyeon, as we reach for the company's growth. 
Taecyeon, who is currently serving his mandatory military service, is also glad to be starting anew with 51K, and sends his vow to return with a more mature and improved image in order to repay fans for their love.

Again, we will work tirelessly so that Taecyeon's various skills can shine even brighter through his activities in not just Korea, but Asia and beyond. We ask for your abundant love and attention toward Taecyeon's future activities with 51K. Thank you." 

As a result, it seems that Taecyeon is the only 2PM member to not renew his contract with JYP Entertainment; however, he has chosen an entertainment company which will allow him to go back and forth in a partnership with JYPE in order to continue his activities with 2PM! Meanwhile, 51K is home to actors So Ji Sub, Hong Hwa Ri, Yoon Chae Sung, and Lee Hyo Jae

• Like 2

MOVIE REVIEW: HOW BE WITH YOU (2018) GAVE LOVE A WHOLE NEW MEANING

It’s already the rainy season once again here in this side of the world, and instead of watching some feel-good flicks to brighten up the gloomy mood, my masochistic self is demanding me to see a melodrama. So for this edition of K-Movie Corner, we’re gonna witness a sad yet beautiful love story that is so strong it conquered even death. Here it is chingus, please enjoy our movie review of Be With You!

This film stars So Ji-sub and Son Ye-jin as a couple who got separated by the latter’s untimely death but got reunited together with their young son when the unimaginable happened—Soo-ah (Son Ye-jin) came back to life on a rainy day a year after her passing as promised or… did she?

I have not seen the original film nor read the novel yet so this review is purely based on this adaptation. I consider the movie’s imaginative story and simple storytelling as its main strengths. Though the use of flashbacks in revealing Soo-ah and Woo-jin’s (So Ji-sub) romance is already a familiar style, it still did not feel overused thanks to the effective acting performances of Kim Hyun-soo and Lee You-jin who played the main leads’ younger counterparts.

Continue reading here:

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/07/27/movie-review-how-be-with-you-2018-gave-love-a-whole-new-meaning/

fotor_153252291743111.jpg?w=816

• Like 2

So Ji Sub Shines In Impactful Teaser Posters For Upcoming Drama

So-Ji-Sub-0.jpg

MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday miniseries “Terius Behind Me” (literal translation) has released two new teasers of its lead character!

The special teaser posters were released on July 27 and show So Ji Sub playing his black ops agent Kim Bon. His strong and steely gaze is eye-catching as the actor is clad in all-black while roaming the streets of Poland.

So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

The cast and crew of “Terius Behind Me” flew to Poland from late June to early July and became the first Korean drama to film there. A total of eight days were spent in locations such as the Warsaw Old Town and Lazienki Park. The scenes capturing the beautiful scenery of Poland and the stories hidden within them will be instrumental in explaining the character of Kim Bon.

“Terius Behind Me” will be a fun and exciting romance story about a former agent who dives into the world of childcare and a single mother who gets wrapped up in a war of espionage. The drama will be written by “Shopping King Louie” screenwriter Oh Ji Young and helmed by “Romance Full of Life” producing director Park Sang Hoon. So Ji Sub will be joined by Jung In Sun, Son Ho Jun, Im Se Mi, and others and the drama will premiere this September

• Like 2

Back then in Year 2012, our One and Only in PHANTOM or better known as GHOST,   his character as Detective Kim Woo Hyun,

So-Ji-Sub-Ghost.jpg

Current, TERIUS BEHIND ME as Kim Bon, an NIS agent. He looks almost the same. Doesn't this namja age, I wonder ?:P....and he still look so dashing.

So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

Indeed our One and Only aged like a bottle of expensive Wine.  So Ji-Sub ssi... you mentioned that some time back that you search the web everyday for news posted on you by fans. We do miss you lots and lots, please take care and stay hydrate. See you real soon in September...we can't wait to meet Kim Bon.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:24 PM, myhaneul said:

As I am watching the replay of the Olympics and witnessing Michael Phelps attain his 21st Olympic Gold medal... I am reminded of this photo Sojisubar posted a couple days ago.  Our SJS most certainly has the body of an Olympic athlete. ^_^

13920472_1768212340092939_33314594697660

From Sojisubar:  https://m.facebook.com/sojisubar/photos/a.1559234247657417.1073741828.1558497977731044/1768212340092939/?type=3&source=48

So that nose of his is all his own?  No enhancement from the surgeons? Wow, I love his nose & those lips! :)

On 7/31/2018 at 5:33 PM, Naleeni Das said:

So that nose of his is all his own?  No enhancement from the surgeons? Wow, I love his nose & those lips! :)

He is one actor who doesn't go under the knife. That's what I love about him. 

On 8/8/2018 at 1:07 AM, Sunset90 said:

He is one actor who doesn't go under the knife. That's what I love about him. 

Hi Sunset, I couldn't agree with you more - even his eyes. I guess he's one among celebrities who say NO to plastic surgery. Although, it is common in the entertainment industry especially in Korea to undergo cosmetic enhancements. :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Sunset, I couldn't agree with you more - even his eyes. I guess he's one among celebrities who say NO to plastic surgery. Although, it is common in the entertainment industry especially in Korea to undergo cosmetic enhancements. :lol:

Yeah, I am not opposed to that. You can choose what to do with your body. 

The only thing is that some kids have been brainwashed to feel like they aren't enough the way they are. It would be nice to have such handsome guys :wub: like Ji-Sub ssi to help restore your faith haha. He was told he was not enough but refused to change himself. :wub: I kind of started loving him after reading that. Fangirl mode on!

I used to be an awkward teen myself but I am happy with myself now. I don't even wear make up. I'm like "hey this is me, take it or chuck it" ... Well my hubby loves it :w00t::w00t:

• Like 1

***Aside from this spiritual ceremony, recently they also had their first script reading. :lol:

“Terius Behind Me” Prepares For Filming With A Ritual

2c74bce8b96a41f39b81a26208c0a867.jpeg?s=

The cast and staff for MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Terius Behind Me” (literal translation) recently joined together to hold a ritual that wished for a safe and smooth filming process.

“Terius Behind Me” is a romance story about a former agent who dives into the world of childcare and a single mother who gets wrapped up in a war of espionage. The drama will be written by “Shopping King Louie” screenwriter Oh Ji Young and helmed by “Romance Full of Life” producing director Park Sang Hoon. So Ji Sub will be joined by Jung In SunSon Ho JunIm Se Mi, and others.

On August 9, with their first filming on set ahead of them, the staff held a successful spiritual ceremony and wished for the success of their drama. In Korea, many people hold shamanistic rituals to ward off bad luck and bring in good fortunes.

Including director Park Sang Hoon and the staff, actors So Ji Sub, Jung In Sun, Son Ho Jun, Im Se Mi, UNIQ’s Sungjoo, and child actors Kim Gun Woo, Ok Ye Rin, and Hwang Ji Ah participated in the event. 

Terius-Behind-Me-3.jpg

Instead of bringing in the usual swine head for the ritual, the “Pigius” doll that appears in the drama was set on top of the table, making the atmosphere of the room bright and friendly. As director Park Sang Hoon began the rite, So Ji Sub, Jung In Sun, Son Ho Jun, Im Se Mi, Sungjoo, and the child actors all bowed down in respect, hoping for the drama to be filmed safely.

Terius-Behind-Me.jpg

Jung In Sun stated, “The sweltering heat has gone down, but we’ve started filming on set. Everyone did well during that time, and now it’s great that we can film while it’s cool. I hope we can finish shooting by staying healthy and without anyone getting hurt. Hoping for the best.” Her statement was followed by the child actors’ shouts of “We’ll work hard!” and “Looking forward to it!”

Director Park Sang Hoon also said, “This month spent with the staff and actors was a month spent well. I think it was able to progress so well because of everyone’s help.” He continued, “I hope we can continue on happily with good results,” stating his strong wishes for the drama.

The staff and actors all showed off their team work again as they shouted out, “‘Terius Behind Me,’ fighting!” The room burst into applause and they were able to end the ritual successfully.

“Terius Behind Me” will air its first episode in September.

Source (1) soompi news

On 7/31/2018 at 11:24 PM, Naleeni Das said:

Yup, so looking forward to seeing his new drama after Oh my venus :)  Glad to see his new haircut too.  Really brings out his best features well compared to that fringe he spotted after Be with You :)

Hi Naleeni, me too, also looking forward to this upcoming drama of SJS. I wish for the drama’s success. Can’t wait for September! :lol:

On 8/10/2018 at 11:51 PM, Naleeni Das said:

Hehe.....I'm still watching Oh My Venus on Youtube!:w00t:

Hi Naleeni oh.....I hope you'll like the drama. I find it good - It was my kind of show. I enjoyed this drama and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good comedy that isn’t the typical drama. I still enjoyed the ending and its good-natured humor. Unlike other K-dramas, there isn’t much toxic elements in "Venus." -  The toxicity I am referring to is the long drawn slump caused usually by scheming second (male/female) leads. :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the teaser is out!!!!!..... i am so looking forward to meet Kim Bon. Somehow it felt like I am watching a movie rather than drama:P...anyway the more episodes there are the happier i will be:D:D

Credit : mbcdrama_now

Goodness, i miss this namja voice....

Not sure about you, but i am certainly ready to meet Kim Bon on the 26th Sept 2018.

Meanwhile, MBC shared a clip of the Gosa Ceremony performing the prayer blessing, safety and success. He is such an adorable namja always on the lookout for especially children. 

• Like 2

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] So Ji-sub's Secret Agent Resurfaces in "Terius Behind Me" Stills

photo999095.jpg

I've been wondering where the hero of "Terius Behind Me" has been lately, and he's finally back with a teaser, and these brand new stills. As tempting as it is to admire a man in a fine suit, the setting of this scene being a funeral kills that urge, but it does pique my curiosity about the agent's return to action.

Kim Bon (So Ji-sub) is our legendary secret agent who lost his fiancée and was charged with espionage following a botched operation three years prior to our current timeline. After withdrawing from the world, and while living a lonely, aimless life, he meets neighbor Go Ae-rin (Jung In-sun) and jumps into an unpredictable situation.

I'm curious about a lot of things so far. In early drafts of the premise, the death of Ae-rin's husband seemed related to the conspiracy. I wonder if it still is, or if she becomes involved simply due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And what is this funeral that makes Kim Bon resurface after all this time? I'm listening, drama. I'm invested, so I'll check this out come September 26th.

photo999096.jpg

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

Translation : Hsncinema

• Like 3