So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

@mathi.....OMG. dear, I just had to respond to your delightful post of the true number one fan of SJS, that ahjumma... hahaha. ..how amazing is she,  lol , and her loving husband, OMG! ...so sweet and understanding. ...hahaha. ...is she counting to ten for her husband to sleep  and then he obediently shuts his eyes seemingly attempting to sleep,  then she moves the family photo to reveal her gorgeous man SJS...and then proceeds to say goodnight.....hahahaha....hilarious. ..OMG! That was truly DAEBAK!   

And then we have the faithful fan who watched him sleep for 5 hours.....5 HOURS!!! WOW! and OMG!!...Absolutely true and sincere fans...OMG!! Kinda makes me feel like a failure because will I react the same....

I remember when I visited 51k,  there were fans already there who had  been waiting 4hours....4HOURS! And it was pretty cool and windy that day....I was truly emotional and overwhelmed by those adoring fans and especially the impact and effect SJS has on the female population.....I  mean AMAZING ABSOLUTELY! !.....but I could only manage a couple of hours due to the weather... (I know, something I have to justify to myself every day since...) But then I thought, I want to see him in real life, but I dont want him  to see me. ..lol...I would probably faint right there....OMG!  In other words, BRAVO absolutely to those fabulous and beautiful fans for daring to be up-close-and-personal with our sexy sexy man of the moment. ...Kahmsamnida absolutely! 

But I have to take my hat off to this amazing ahjumma with her understanding husband and son....not sure if that is weird and scary or sweet and innocent. ....but it brought a huge smile to my face. ....thank you!!! You go girl!  And your actions are giving us ahjummas more strength to 'man up' and be brave. ......LOL...

SJS FIGHTING! !!!

• Like 5

@cccsub Wow, thank you soooo much for showing up here and being willing to translate SJS things for us! We needed one of the translators here.

Since you kindly offered, I'm gonna step up first and ask for some translations. You probably know that  Baidu Sojisubar is full of translated interviews, videos, articles etc, so if and when you have time go and check it out. But don't you dare transfer to their forum and leave us here high and dry. ^_^

I'll send you a pm so u can chose whichever u want to translate, and translating all of them would be more than I can hope...:sweatingbullets:

...........................................................................................

Apparently, a date for SJS's visit to Japan has been decided.

INFO: So Ji Sub will participate in a special talk event on February 17, when Japanese fans will be able to see a sneak preview of Oh My Venus Episode 1. Looks like there will be 2 shows.

Date: February 17 (Wed)

1st time 14:45 Doors open 15:30 curtain

Second time 17:15 Doors open 18:00 curtain

Admission: Free (invitation only)

Special Guest: So Ji-sub

Moderator: Tashiro Chikayo

Guest Commentator: Takahashi Naoko

Wanted persons: all 680 sets of 1360 persons (340 sets of 680 people each)

Source

Some more pics from Star1.

d02frgR.jpg

eD78KYO.jpg

uDniGOM.jpg

• Like 13

@innerchild I'm more than happy to help out! Just send me whatever u want and I'll see which ones are worthwhile to do so. There are actually much more about him on Facebook as there is actually a couple pages dedicated to him from China and Taiwan. I check this one call "Sojisubar 蘇志燮貼吧" on a daily basis. If u have trouble locating with those characters, their icon is a pink background with a cartoon version of ji sub. Flip through their images and see if anything catches ur eyes and let me know. I'll be waiting :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cccsub said:

@innerchild I'm more than happy to help out! Just send me whatever u want and I'll see which ones are worthwhile to do so. There are actually much more about him on Facebook as there is actually a couple pages dedicated to him from China and Taiwan. I check this one call "Sojisubar 蘇志燮貼吧" on a daily basis. If u have trouble locating with those characters, their icon is a pink background with a cartoon version of ji sub. Flip through their images and see if anything catches ur eyes and let me know. I'll be waiting :)

Hehe, I know about Sojisubar FB page, it is actually only a smaller portion and a younger version of their Sojisubar Baidu page.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E8%8B%8F%E5%BF%97%E7%87%AE&ie=utf-8&tp=0

The requests have been sent kind ma'am. :)

• Like 2

Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000
201601272341775964_56a8d7417b123_99_2016

Article: 'Radio Star' Henry, "So Ji Sub arrived at the film set an hour before... I respect him the most"

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+211, -1] So Ji Sub never fails... his chemistry with Henry was great too!!!

2. [+193, -7] The fact that Henry knows that So Ji Sub gets to the film set an hour before recording begins must mean that he gets there even earlier...

3. [+152, -3] I can't tell if Henry's acting or if he just met the perfect role for himself ㅋㅋㅋ his character is such a perfect fit for his image. Or maybe he just reinterpreted the character his way??? Either way, Henry's acting wasn't awkward at all, it was quite good ㅎㅎ

4. [+132, -1] Henry's acting was great, and So Ji Sub seems like a great person and actor too

5. [+60, -0] I seriously love kids like Henry, people who talk positively about you like you're a real friend

Henry is such a nice hoobae to his sunbae So Ji Sub!! Here are the k-nets comments and they agree with Henry <3 

Source: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.ca/2016/01/tv-radio-star-ryeowook-zico-henry.html

Happy Thursday all Jisubbers here. 

Few days ago, our professor Mathi has wrote about "The Tale From Mapo" and it make me remember that I still keep a file contains the letter created by #Sojisub to fans.He gave title "A Letter From Soldier"...what a man:wub: (Sometimes I feel that our hiphop guy has a very romantic personality. Wrote a letter to fans, made a "Love Song" for fans...) I posted at twitter yesterday and will repost here.

CZsJuUHWcAEQNR3.jpg

CZsKXn5WcAAPHu8.jpg

credit Jisub's (fans) girl :lol:

Just found at weibo that At Radio Star , a tv programme from MBC, #HenryLau said that he greatly respect and admire Jisub hyung for helping him in acting. 

CZw-q8tWIAAML7p.jpg

crd Jsgamb weibo

• Like 8

Hey jisubbers

I have a favor to ask 

do you guys have any pictures of So Ji Sub's selfies/selcas's? 

and if you guys do can you post it? pretty please with ji sub on the top? haha

Thanks guys~~

6 hours ago, xoxoprincessxoxo1000 said:

Hey jisubbers

I have a favor to ask 

Thanks guys~~

I read somewhere that he dislikes taking selfies... The only one i've seen so far is the one on his official website, love letter section. If you haven't seen it yet, he looks lovable as usual :wub:

• Like 1

On 1/26/2016 at 1:08 AM, innerchild said:

@cccsub

Some more pics from Star1.

Hi innerchild, thanks for sharing more photos from this spread. SJS mentioned Shin Mi Na and mentioned marriage in an interview with @star1. He said there that he wants to tell her she did a good job in the drama. He also said there that one of his New Year's Resolutions is he wants to start seeing someone. He wants to get married if he finds the right one. Wahhh.........he's honest and open in his answers to the interview. So, expect SJS to have a special someone soon? Isn't this great? Can't wait for this February issue. :P

• Like 6

@innerchild has requested for the translation of some of So Ji Sub's past interviews into English.  The first of the whole compilation can be seen below.

The page which I've translated this interview from Chinese to English is Baidu Sujisubar. This interview was conducted in Japan in 2012 when he was there for the promo of Always. The translation from Japanese or Korean (whichever the interview was conducted in) into Chinese is done by an avid fan known as 移动的荷尔蒙. She is one of the major contributors on many of his forums and pages. So if any of you guys are quoting this English translation that I did, please be sure to include her as well.

The feeling I get from working this job is 51% happiness and the remainder 49% is agony. Building a character from scratch is the hardest part and is full of agony at the same time. The biggest challenge in building any character is to change your body to fit the part. Personally, going on a diet is a major obstacle for me.  I have the body type where if I eat, I gain weight and just regular maintenance of my current state is hard enough.  I actually have a sweet tooth, but even a tiny piece of chocolate is packed with calories and I can't let my guard down! While I film, my mind set is I can only be 70% full and I strictly prohibit myself from touching any junk food, even though sweets are said to bring happiness. (Laughs).

The reason in building a character is to make the production more realistic. This is due to my belief of TV and movies are composed of 99% fiction and only 1% is based on facts/reality. To me, the fiction you see on screen can be overshadowed by that tiny bit of truth and in turn, the production will become a piece that moves the audience.

Every time I film, I fall in love with the actress. It's not fictitious, it's true from my heart. I think it shows on the big screen if I'm being true in my character. In this movie "Always", I portray Cheol-min the boxer who fell in love with the blind Jung-hwa portrayed by Han Hyo-joo. Oh, but it's not always that the actress will fall in love with me. If I start a new relationship every time I start a new role, I will be drained. (Laughs). Even though I said that, occasionally I'm not even sure if it's So Ji Sub that has fallen in love or it's the character that has. Have to be careful about that. (Laughs). But I bet a lot of performers have had similar experience.

I don't in take any alcohol when I film. Drinking makes a person happy and relaxed.  I wish to stay tensed up during filming. I immerse myself into character every time I film and so when the filming wraps up, it's really hard for my mind to revert.  If I can start a new role immediately, it would make the parting easier, but if it's a long period before a new role, it would be very difficult for me to step out of the mind set of that character.

I have three tattoos on my body.  All of them have a story and a reason behind it.  To performers, having tattoos might restrict or limit them from doing certain roles due to the negative image it brings.  But for me, I choose to take the hardship of having multiple tattoos.

I want to keep the meaning of my tattoos as a secret.  But one of them contains the phrase "Let's have fun and love life".  This is my motto in life and is also my introspection.  I should say, so far I haven't lived my life like this phrase... A lot of people in the workforce will say "even though life is very difficult right now, but just work through it for the future". I used to have this mentality.  But I had a Eureka moment and realize "is it such a good idea for me to waste the time I have right now for something as abstract as the thought of the future?"  In fact, I ask people around me the question "are you happy with your work?”  Most of them can't give me an answer. And if I were to ask myself "do you feel blessed?” I stammer in silence too. Now, I want to live to this motto, it makes me feel that I've taken the first step in feeling blessed.  To live in the moment, I took part into the music world a couple of years ago.  It's an adventure for actors, but singing is solely an enjoyment of my own.  It's not a job and it's not a hobby.  If singing becomes a career for me, I will give up.

As an actor, I don't have any traits or features that I'm proud of.  But as a normal person, I only aim for the best outcome and will not let myself lose to anyone.  This might be because I started as a swimmer at a very young age and my heart was set on sports from the beginning. I think there is no one in the world that have tried their best yet, at the same time, hope for smooth sailing. Even though their own capabilities might be inadequate, they must still how their best effort.  This is my way from now on and will not change.

I'm now preparing for my new role in a TV drama. I'm still in the midst of figuring out this role. I'm starring as a police this time, so I can't be too fat, I even cut my hair too.

It's been a while since I've been to Japan, but I get a warm welcome every time.  It's a huge encouragement. With everyone's support, I feel I can still improve in the next while.

Hoped you all learnt something new about him. I'm sure I did and enjoyed every part of this interview :)

Edited by cccsub
Changed year from 2002 to 2012
  • Like 11

@sojisubaddicted, thank you Lovely for the awesome "The Letter from a Soldier"! Love you graphics always!!!:wub:

Thanks my dearest  Innerchild who selected this great piece of interview to translate for the benefit of us fans! 

@cccsub You're amazing!!! You bring happiness to all of us! HUGS and KISSES to you chingu!!!:wub:

It's the very first time I read such a sweet interview where Jisub admitted he has sweet tooth, fell in love with the lead lady each time and "stammer in silent" when asking himself if he's been blessed... Sure this interview would make fans love him more. OMG, to think of the hidden treasure - old interviews- which one by one revealed to fans' world by our precious translators, I'm speechless...

Thank you all SJS's lovely fans!!!

*** I'm stumbled on this piece of info on So Won FB.

Perfumes that male celebrities wear

Wednesday, 27/01/2016

This is the latest article revealed his favourite perfume.

So Ji Sub - Diptyque L'ombre Dans L'eau (180 thousand W~ 150USD)

t9.jpeg

My friends, to know about your other favorite oppa's perfume, please click on the link!

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ae/2016/01/perfumes-that-male-celebrities-wear.html

Henry seemed have all the luck in the world! Please tell us how nice our hottie smell, dear cutie Henry!

tumblr_o0dd24aVcc1sh8uxlo1_r1_400.gif

(Credit Dramatroll)

• Like 9

8 hours ago, xoxoprincessxoxo1000 said:

Hey jisubbers

I have a favor to ask 

Thanks guys~~

SJS's selfies are kind of rare as dear @cccsub said. 

@xoxoprincessxoxo1000 I found some of them which taken on his trip in Las Vegas 2012. He did some selfies. The original pics came from sojisub.com.

12036545_766803580129827_177978433323988

12036752_766803556796496_370641055955816

11260689_766803526796499_373976429722440

(Credit via So Won)

** Another time in America

CZhJYCPUkAA5Ewm?format=pjpg&name=large

Is this a selfie?

CZhJYCUUkAAdVSJ?format=pjpg&name=large

(credit to onwer)

Spoiler

120203_%ED%9B%84%EB%B2%84%EB%8C%901.jpg

120203_%ED%9B%84%EB%B2%84%EB%8C%902.jpg

Credit sojisub.com

• Like 16

3 hours ago, cccsub said:

@innerchild has requested for the translation of some of So Ji Sub's past interviews into English.  The first of the whole compilation can be seen below.

The page which I've translated this interview from Chinese to English is Baidu Sujisubar. This interview was conducted in Japan in 2002 when he was there for the promo of Always. The translation from Japanese or Korean (whichever the interview was conducted in) into Chinese is done by an avid fan known as 移动的荷尔蒙. She is one of the major contributors on many of his forums and pages. So if any of you guys are quoting this English translation that I did, please be sure to include her as well.

The feeling I get from working this job is 51% happiness and the remainder 49% is agony. Building a character from scratch is the hardest part and is full of agony at the same time. The biggest challenge in building any character is to change your body to fit the part. Personally, going on a diet is a major obstacle for me.  I have the body type where if I eat, I gain weight and just regular maintenance of my current state is hard enough.  I actually have a sweet tooth, but even a tiny piece of chocolate is packed with calories and I can't let my guard down! While I film, my mind set is I can only be 70% full and I strictly prohibit myself from touching any junk food, even though sweets are said to bring happiness. (Laughs).

The reason in building a character is to make the production more realistic. This is due to my belief of TV and movies are composed of 99% fiction and only 1% is based on facts/reality. To me, the fiction you see on screen can be overshadowed by that tiny bit of truth and in turn, the production will become a piece that moves the audience.

Every time I film, I fall in love with the actress. It's not fictitious, it's true from my heart. I think it shows on the big screen if I'm being true in my character. In this movie "Always", I portray Cheol-min the boxer who fell in love with the blind Jung-hwa portrayed by Han Hyo-joo. Oh, but it's not always that the actress will fall in love with me. If I start a new relationship every time I start a new role, I will be drained. (Laughs). Even though I said that, occasionally I'm not even sure if it's So Ji Sub that has fallen in love or it's the character that has. Have to be careful about that. (Laughs). But I bet a lot of performers have had similar experience.

I don't in take any alcohol when I film. Drinking makes a person happy and relaxed.  I wish to stay tensed up during filming. I immerse myself into character every time I film and so when the filming wraps up, it's really hard for my mind to revert.  If I can start a new role immediately, it would make the parting easier, but if it's a long period before a new role, it would be very difficult for me to step out of the mind set of that character.

I have three tattoos on my body.  All of them have a story and a reason behind it.  To performers, having tattoos might restrict or limit them from doing certain roles due to the negative image it brings.  But for me, I choose to take the hardship of having multiple tattoos.

I want to keep the meaning of my tattoos as a secret.  But one of them contains the phrase "Let's have fun and love life".  This is my motto in life and is also my introspection.  I should say, so far I haven't lived my life like this phrase... A lot of people in the workforce will say "even though life is very difficult right now, but just work through it for the future". I used to have this mentality.  But I had a Eureka moment and realize "is it such a good idea for me to waste the time I have right now for something as abstract as the thought of the future?"  In fact, I ask people around me the question "are you happy with your work?”  Most of them can't give me an answer. And if I were to ask myself "do you feel blessed?” I stammer in silence too. Now, I want to live to this motto, it makes me feel that I've taken the first step in feeling blessed.  To live in the moment, I took part into the music world a couple of years ago.  It's an adventure for actors, but singing is solely an enjoyment of my own.  It's not a job and it's not a hobby.  If singing becomes a career for me, I will give up.

As an actor, I don't have any traits or features that I'm proud of.  But as a normal person, I only aim for the best outcome and will not let myself lose to anyone.  This might be because I started as a swimmer at a very young age and my heart was set on sports from the beginning. I think there is no one in the world that have tried their best yet, at the same time, hope for smooth sailing. Even though their own capabilities might be inadequate, they must still how their best effort.  This is my way from now on and will not change.

I'm now preparing for my new role in a TV drama. I'm still in the midst of figuring out this role. I'm starring as a police this time, so I can't be too fat, I even cut my hair too.

It's been a while since I've been to Japan, but I get a warm welcome every time.  It's a huge encouragement. With everyone's support, I feel I can still improve in the next while.

Hoped you all learnt something new about him. I'm sure I did and enjoyed every part of this interview :)

Wow...daebak ! Thousands thanks to you for the translation. Every interviews from this taciturn actor is valuable. Thanks again. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, mathi said:

@cccsub You're amazing!!! You bring happiness to all of us! HUGS and KISSES to you chingu!!!:wub:

It's the very first time I read such a sweet interview where Jisub admitted he has sweet tooth, fell in love with the lead lady each time and "stammer in silent" when asking himself if he's been blessed... Sure this interview would make fans love him more. OMG, to think of the hidden treasure - old interviews- which one by one revealed to fans' world by our precious translators, I'm speechless...

Thank you all SJS's lovely fans!!!

I think this is one of the most personal interviews I've read in a while for any of the celebrities out there. I think Jusub was very comfortable with the reporter to be able to speak his mind so freely. I'm sure the more we unravel about him, the more we love him...

• Like 5

@cccsubThank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best! :wub:

Just a small correction, the interview is from 2012, not 2002. You've probably made a typo. Reading this interview really made me a bit more closer to him. Amazing! That's why I cherish interviews much more than pics. (not that I don't like those :crazy:)

Mathi, regarding So Ji Sub's parfume, most naver  blogs that I saw referred to Diptyque Oyedo as SJS's parfume, not the one that was posted on kkuljaem. Same brand, but different scent. :confused:

Oyedo  Eau de Toilette  by Diptyquehttp://www.luckyscent.com/product/48310/oyedo-by-diptyque

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, innerchild said:

@cccsubThank you, thank you, thank you! You are the best! :wub:

Just a small correction, the interview is from 2012, not 2002. You've probably made a typo. Reading this interview really made me a bit more closer to him. Amazing! That's why I cherish interviews much more than pics. (not that I don't like those :crazy:)

My goodness. I'm caught red handed again.

I've read though the other interviews related to Always. Not that interesting, so I'll push them down on the list. Working on an interview he did after Phantom which reveals another side of him to me.

Stay tuned!

• Like 4

@cccsub You are amazing!! Keep up the awesome translations!! You are on fire!! :D I appreciate all the work you've been doing~~

Whenever I read his interviews I can somehow relate to his introverted, shy personality. I am very shy with strangers and I'm super quiet. I usually don't approach people. I get people to approach me haha. Hopefully my personality can change in the future since I want to be outgoing. 

Thanks to everyone in this thread who gives out awesome content! Ya'll are the best <3 <3 :wub:

I couldn't make a pillowcase in my class because the semester is over :( instead I made a notepad of So Ji Sub. at least i get to write on him now 

2016-01-28%2008.06.43_zpsghdoynmr.jpg

IM so mad the picture shows up really small..

I just doodled some random perfume bottles on the bottom LOL 

I didn't want to make So Ji Sub too apparent bc then I can't see what I'm writing haha 

but you can see its So Ji Sub right?? 

Next year once I get in that class again I will for SURE make the pillowcases.