So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest amore`

good morning...good morning.... ^_^ waving to all beautiful ladies of SJS

oioxy02.jpg

..loved his SMILE.. :P:P

credits:popcorn4-2

whatta smile! how can you not fall for this guy! GOSH! :rolleyes: :D

omg..man..so many pix!! thankx for posting! does anyone know if he's finished army service thingy??

hi mel...

he will finished his army service in february 2007...

:( :(

Guest thunderbolt

A group of us are helping to repost articles and news about Jisub that used to be in our old SJS thread here in Soompi. We are going through the very "meaty" SJS thread in the Hotelier2002 forum to help us find what we are looking for.

I remember that whenever Prisci wrote something very long on Jisub for the Hotelier thread, she would repost it here as well. Here's something she wrote that's very insightful. It started because I asked her a question and she replied.

Thunderbolt wrote:

What was it about SJS that made you go ga-ga over him? I'm really interested to know because you have watched so many K-dramas and you know so much about the stars and what they do. Was it his acting in MiSa?

Prisci's reply:

Oh dear, what can I say? You’re overestimating me. But I was thinking of this question while at work today, and I couldn’t come up with definite answers. I’m not going to use the old formula: ‘love cannot be explained.’ While trying to answer this question, I wrote the following thoughts about Misa… just a beginning at least.

http://www.hotelier2002.com/forum/viewtopi...p?p=65882#65882

Like you see, it all started at “Sorry Love” through Moohyuk the street dog guy, abandoned and kicked again and again, used and betrayed and mortally wounded. I was first drawn to that character, wanting to hug him and to comfort him.

But the more I watched, the more I was impressed by So Ji Sub’s portrayal of such a character. It is not easy to play a street dog. Eunchae called him “Bomb hair guy!” gangster, and even pervert. Actually, many 27 year olds would get offended if a 25 year old girl calls him ‘ajushi.’ But to him, it didn’t sound like an offense. He looked like a ‘pervert’ some times, and he acted like an ‘ajushi’ also. But to me, he was a really lovable pervert ajushi! This was the challenge, to play an underdog that gets the sympathy of the viewers. And he pulled it through amazingly well! I was really awed at his performance here especially since I’ve watched many of his dramas before. I felt I was witnessing a metamorphosis. Can this be the same SJS I’ve seen through the years?

Reading the Soompi threads on Misa and on SJS didn’t help much in my search for ‘common sense.’ The more I read, the more obsessed I was. The Clips made it worse, because it showed I wasn’t the only “Misa Pain.” In Korea, the ratings escalated from 15% to almost 30% by the end of the drama. “Love Story in Harvard” was competing with the same time slot, but Misa showed to be the true winner. Still, this number didn’t faithfully revealed how popular it was… and how popular So Ji Sub had become. News reported continuously on this Misa Syndrome, and how fashionable even Moohyuk’s chewing gum was becoming, and his mannerisms as well. Comedians used the “I’m Sorry I love You” to play parodies. The drama site closed down twice because of too much traffic and they had to open a new board. The clothes the characters wore, their hair style and their accessories were becoming all fashionable. And they even came up with a second drama OST. These are times of economic depression, and music CD’s are hard to sell. But not MISA OSTs. “Lovers in Paris” was the only other time a second OST was made.

Reporters tried to find out the secret of Misa’s success. One: good script. Two: good acting. Three: beautiful cinematography. I watched a clip where they interviewed people, and SJS’s factor very obviously stood out. Especially women, they were going nutz for SJS. One News reported that “ajummas”(Mrs.) fans, the people who have the power of selecting TV channels were falling for him by the mass. Even the writer commented SJS’s and ISJ’s acting were much better than she had originally expected. She thanked them for their extraordinary performance, and she also said that at the beginning, she had Moohyuk and Eunchae in her mind, 2 characters she had created. But soon after filming started, SJS and ISJ became absorved in these characters, they became ‘alive’ and there was no Moohyuk without SJS, no Eunchae without ISJ.

Thus, in so many internet popularity surveys, these 2 names were coming up as the winners. For example, SJS was picked as the celebrity who likes to hug most and also as the celebrity who you want to hug most. In one interview, the reporter asked him: “how do you feel about this?” SJS said: “come to me, I’ll hug you.” Then, the reporter, a pretty chubby looking man, went up to SJS and Jisub gave him a bear hug.

The reporter: “Ah, it feels good! Now I understand why you were chosen.” And he hug Jisub again

Lately, I've been visiting SJS's CAFE more, trying to read all the News Articles there, but really, they post too many articles too fast I can't seem to catch up with them! (Especially due to my turtle speed computer)

I could continue on and on, but I think I told you how everything started. However, I haven't gotten into the part of me 'going gaga' yet . But I just don’t want to tire you…

Later!

Guest luktal

A group of us are helping to repost articles and news about Jisub that used to be in our old SJS thread here in Soompi. We are going through the very "meaty" SJS thread in the Hotelier2002 forum to help us find what we are looking for.

I remember that whenever Prisci wrote something very long on Jisub for the Hotelier thread, she would repost it here as well. Here's something she wrote that's very insightful. It started because I asked her a question and she replied.

Thunderbolt wrote:

Prisci's reply:

Oh dear, what can I say? You’re overestimating me. But I was thinking of this question while at work today, and I couldn’t come up with definite answers. I’m not going to use the old formula: ‘love cannot be explained.’ While trying to answer this question, I wrote the following thoughts about Misa… just a beginning at least.

http://www.hotelier2002.com/forum/viewtopi...p?p=65882#65882

Like you see, it all started at “Sorry Love” through Moohyuk the street dog guy, abandoned and kicked again and again, used and betrayed and mortally wounded. I was first drawn to that character, wanting to hug him and to comfort him.

But the more I watched, the more I was impressed by So Ji Sub’s portrayal of such a character. It is not easy to play a street dog. Eunchae called him “Bomb hair guy!” gangster, and even pervert. Actually, many 27 year olds would get offended if a 25 year old girl calls him ‘ajushi.’ But to him, it didn’t sound like an offense. He looked like a ‘pervert’ some times, and he acted like an ‘ajushi’ also. But to me, he was a really lovable pervert ajushi! This was the challenge, to play an underdog that gets the sympathy of the viewers. And he pulled it through amazingly well! I was really awed at his performance here especially since I’ve watched many of his dramas before. I felt I was witnessing a metamorphosis. Can this be the same SJS I’ve seen through the years?

Reading the Soompi threads on Misa and on SJS didn’t help much in my search for ‘common sense.’ The more I read, the more obsessed I was. The Clips made it worse, because it showed I wasn’t the only “Misa Pain.” In Korea, the ratings escalated from 15% to almost 30% by the end of the drama. “Love Story in Harvard” was competing with the same time slot, but Misa showed to be the true winner. Still, this number didn’t faithfully revealed how popular it was… and how popular So Ji Sub had become. News reported continuously on this Misa Syndrome, and how fashionable even Moohyuk’s chewing gum was becoming, and his mannerisms as well. Comedians used the “I’m Sorry I love You” to play parodies. The drama site closed down twice because of too much traffic and they had to open a new board. The clothes the characters wore, their hair style and their accessories were becoming all fashionable. And they even came up with a second drama OST. These are times of economic depression, and music CD’s are hard to sell. But not MISA OSTs. “Lovers in Paris” was the only other time a second OST was made.

Reporters tried to find out the secret of Misa’s success. One: good script. Two: good acting. Three: beautiful cinematography. I watched a clip where they interviewed people, and SJS’s factor very obviously stood out. Especially women, they were going nutz for SJS. One News reported that “ajummas”(Mrs.) fans, the people who have the power of selecting TV channels were falling for him by the mass. Even the writer commented SJS’s and ISJ’s acting were much better than she had originally expected. She thanked them for their extraordinary performance, and she also said that at the beginning, she had Moohyuk and Eunchae in her mind, 2 characters she had created. But soon after filming started, SJS and ISJ became absorved in these characters, they became ‘alive’ and there was no Moohyuk without SJS, no Eunchae without ISJ.

Thus, in so many internet popularity surveys, these 2 names were coming up as the winners. For example, SJS was picked as the celebrity who likes to hug most and also as the celebrity who you want to hug most. In one interview, the reporter asked him: “how do you feel about this?” SJS said: “come to me, I’ll hug you.” Then, the reporter, a pretty chubby looking man, went up to SJS and Jisub gave him a bear hug.

The reporter: “Ah, it feels good! Now I understand why you were chosen.” And he hug Jisub again

Lately, I've been visiting SJS's CAFE more, trying to read all the News Articles there, but really, they post too many articles too fast I can't seem to catch up with them! (Especially due to my turtle speed computer)

I could continue on and on, but I think I told you how everything started. However, I haven't gotten into the part of me 'going gaga' yet . But I just don’t want to tire you…

Later!

thxx love ya my chingus

Guest thunderbolt

Some months ago, Priscilla and June were discussing the SJS appeal in the old Soompi thread. I saved their posts in the Hotelier thread. Great discussion!

June wrote about SJS:

He is not the dashing good-looking sort, but one would be drawn to him cuz there is something magnetic about this guy that I can't pin-point even now.

I've watched almost all his dramas (I think I've seen them all Glass Slippers, Dating, some I can't remember the names, except Bali cuz of rumors of bad shocking ending) and even sat through Thousand Years' Love (despite the lame storyline and I'm not too hot abt the actress too) -but I watched it cuz of SJS.

His eyes may be small but they are so soulful and seem to speak volumes. I luv the way he emotes his pain and sadness with his eyes. Pretty brilliant! His smile is subtle yet so megawatt (totally lights up his face without smiling widely).

In short, I think he is definitely a great actor - understated yet brilliant!!

So glad that somebody notices his talents and gave him a deserved BIG break in MISA. He truly shines in MISA and I think he deserves all the accolades coming his way these days. (long overdue).

Priscilla responded:

Well, have you been watching any other dramas besides SJS's? What have you been doing? Me, I thought I passed the stage of watching K-dramas, so even when everyone was raving about Paris Lovers I just skimmed it through... But look at me now, after such a long retreat

And since 'when' have you liked SJS? I'm pretty surprised to hear you've watched so many of his dramas already. I watched "A thousand years love" too, and though I kept saying to myself back then 'this ain't worth my time' I kept watching... just because of SJS. Now that I think of it, I wasn't even his fan, but he just cracked me up with all his funny expressions (I think he could do comedy pretty well). But I mentioned this before: SJS was really the main character in that drama, next to Song Yuri (the princess), but viewers started paying more attention to the 'bad' guy instead: the newbie Kim Nam Yil. WHO's THAT GUY? KNY was the masculine type, smart and who knew what he wanted. SJS was an inmature dreamer with no real goals in life. Inmature or not, he had an innocent heart, and that's what I liked of him. I was glad he won Acting Awards through this role.

So you feel he's an understated actor? In an interview, they mentioned that people used to say: everyone who partners with So Ji Sub become superstars while he's left behind. They were mostly talking of his close circle of friends: Song Seung Hun, Kwon Sang Woo... He gave a naughty smile and said that he was proud of them. But really, I think he had finally gotten the recognition. In a recent News Article of Kim Hyun Joo (SJS's only female friend), they asked her how she felt now that SJS's so popular. She mentioned she was really happy for him and that she's herself a Misa Fan. Then, she said: "I'm really glad the world finally understood how 'musunshinessu' (how can you translate this? "breath-taking, hot, gallant...") So Ji Sub is. I knew it all along.

Like I said, there are just too many News Articles on him I can't find the time to read them all. Besides, the casting of MISA didn't just happen by accident. I think "Bali" producer was the same from "A Thousand Year Love." He mentioned that although the public went gaga over Kim Nam Yil during "1000..." the producer was really amazed at SJS's acting. So he decided to cast him for "Bali"s Kang In Wook. He couldn't think of anyone else doing this. Kang In Wook was a character that didn't speak much. Which made it so much harder to act since he had to express his complex emotions through other form besides words. Facial and body language. And SJS did it really well. So well, that after this drama was over, News Articles were saying many drama producers were trying to cast him. The producer of "Goo Mi Ho" sent him plenty of love calls, and in one article, it said that Kim Tae Hee and Jo Hyun Jae were supposed to be in that drama, but they were asking "only if So Ji Sub's in it." In the end SJS declined (Kim Tae Hee and Jo Hyun Jae did it anyways )

Instead, he did Misa. Even before they started filming, the producer told him: I don't want to burden you really, but this drama really depends mostly on you. You have to do well in order for the drama to succeed. And we all know what happened.

Regarding the kissing scene, I just translated the NEWS word by word. But I watched the behind the scene filming of that part, and even though they were not making mistakes (NG: NO Good), they were asked to pose MANY times, and they were made to kiss in many different ways. So I don't know...

I feel bad babbling like this. This forum is trully awesome, but it's way too large so I feel 'shy,' espcially since I'm pretty much of a newbie here. Why don't you come to our Hotel and 'chit chat' more comfortably there ?

Anyways, nice talking!

Guest Bflymermaid

hi! i'm sorry i don't know much about this stuff. so ji sup is serving his military duty right now right? when did it start? and how long does this military service last?

Guest sonickim

hi! i'm sorry i don't know much about this stuff. so ji sup is serving his military duty right now right? when did it start? and how long does this military service last?

hi..hi Bflymermaid...yeah! our beloved Ji Sub is in the military since Feb. 2005 and be serving till 2007!!!!

Guest Bflymermaid

hi..hi Bflymermaid...yeah! our beloved Ji Sub is in the military since Feb. 2005 and be serving till 2007!!!!

thank you sonickim ..... 2 years!??? :o that long ?? aww i thought they have to do this military service thing for 1 year only ... :( sooo sad .....

Guest Bflymermaid

well..no matter wat or how long he'll be in the army..we SJSiers wil still support him until the end!!! yea? SJSiers!!!

yeah your right :D

Guest sonickim

thank you sonickim ..... 2 years!??? :o that long ?? aww i thought they have to do this military service thing for 1 year only ... :( sooo sad .....

well..no matter wat or how long he'll be in the army..we SJSiers wil still support him until the end!!! yea? SJSiers!!!

yeah your right :D

your welcome Bflymermaid.....

and very well said ripgal.... 100% will always be Ji Sub fan...forever!

Guest thunderbolt

On 20-21 February this year, Jisub held a fan-meet at a ski resort. It was his last meeting with his fans before his enlistment into the army. Here is Saturn's account of the 2 days with Jisub which she posted in the old SJS thread.

DSC01050_copy.jpg

Wow! I just came back from ski camp with So Ji Sub.

How those pictures are faster than me?

Yeh we fans spent 2 days (20~21/Feb) with Jisub at ski resort.

First, we had 3 hours fan meeting. Singer Jo Sung Mo came to celebrate us, sang 4 songs.

Including his new song from 6th albumn and OST of lovers at Paris.

Jisub sang 2 hip hop songs, we all stood up and danced crazily.

Then he read a love letter for us, made me cry

He said " we may not see for a while, but I'm sure it's not that long time, it cannot break our relationship,

I hope I can meet you again later."

the fan meeting was over at 10:00pm. after that, Jisub visited our rooms !!!

He came into our room, shake hands with each person, handed the early white day candy to each of us.

Took picture with all room members.

After that, his manager visited our room again,

then we kept chatting about all about him, especially what happened in Japan recently.

We could hear some shocking and happy news from her (Yeh his manager is the woman)

One of the stories is about Song Seung Heon.

When SSH's case was broken out, Jisub was so much upset.

So, Jisub tried to take place all SSH's CFs without receiving any money, to help SSH to preven from paying back a huge money, due to the violation of contract, for the rest periods.

The CF company owners were so touched. Of course SSH acted well, appologized from his heart.

So nobody claimed charge for SSH's violation.

The chatting with manager was over almost at 4:00am this morning.

But I woke up at 7:00am, played ski to find out where Jisub is playing snowboard.

I went aroung all slopes in the resort, but I couldn't find him. I heard why later...

Jo Sung Mo stayed same room with Jisub. JSM brought a video game machine,

they played game together all night long....

Ah! Jisub's family came too. His mother, grandmother, cousins....

(I was at the same elevator with them )

They stayed at the resort with us & Jisub.

They watched the fan meeting sitting at the first line.

At lunch time of 2nd day, Jisub served meal for all of us.

He went into tht kitchen, put rice and soup on my tray.

He smiled at each of us, saying "Help yourself !"

The number of Korean fans joined was about 500, Japanes fans were about 60 people.

We all were very happy, especially I am very hapy.

remained schedules.

24/Feb : A press preview of Jo Sung Mo's 6th albumn and music video.

So Ji Sub & Kim Jung Eun attend.

Music video is released there for the first time.

25/Feb : Autograph meeting at a Lotte department store for So Ji Sub jean.

28/Feb : Enlists...

(credit: Saturn; reposted in Hotelier2002.com by Prisci)

:)That smile makes this whole ordeal so much easier to handle, thank you cholo!

... ur very much welcome dash79.. :P:P

his smile makes us really MELT!!!! :lol::lol: loved him for that...

hugs for u :P

[size=4]oh Cholo!!!! u bring me smile this early morning!!!

oioxy02.jpg

such a charming guy!!! thanks friend!!!!!

... well thats for "us" lovely ladies....

nique...ur right he's such a charming guy and my heart melts whenever i see his smile :P:P

kisses for u sweet friend. ^_^ muah!!

Hi! everybody. I'm aoil from Thailand :D

nice to meet you everybody at here ...

i like jisub very much... he is number one in my heart...

I came here first time ...and I will always come here...

coz..I love jisub ....

...welcome to this thread aolly... :P :P

Guest thunderbolt

An old article

(well, not that old... :P , just Feb this year)

From SJS's Cafe, News Section #2358

[star News 2005-02-18]

[Money Today Star News, reporter Jung Sang Hoon]

Title: “Am I really a Star?”

2005021809524109438_1.jpg

During last year’s popular drama “I’m Sorry I love you,” top star So Ji Sub played the role of a star manager, but even after the drama is over, he is still acting as a manager.

So Ji Sub’s head manager, Kim Soo Jin, said in February 18th: “Our managing company is very unique in that our staff is made up of all female, SJS’s being the only male here. So on many occasions he has to act as his own manager.”

Besides the manager, his hair designers, his stylists, all of them are women, so So Ji Sub himself quite frequently carries the heavy loads or does the dirty work by himself.

Especially, during the filming of the Music Video and the Shooting of Photograph Sessions in Japan, all his staff, 5 women, kept walking right behind the tall and slender SJS that people there thought t they were his die-hard fans following him all the way from Korea.

His manager continues: “So Ji Sub’s different from other stars because he considers it natural that he should carry even our luggage, making other star managers jealous. And we are very grateful for this. His hair designer and his stylist, none of them were his fans at first, but they were slowly moved by his honesty, that they became their true fans right now.”

persona@mtstarnews.com

MONEY TODAY: The Making of Real Time/ Star News/Board Files

star@mtstarnews.com

TRANSLATED by Priscilla

Guest skyelee21

^ Cool.

Ji Sub ssi's charisma really reaches everyone. I think it was here in soompi that I read something like, "The only people who don't love him are the ones who have yet to know him" or something to that effect. True. I really began to like him when I got to know more about him here in soompi and through Saturn's resource pool. (Thanks a million to Saturn, of course.)

This guy never ceases to amaze me with his talent and his kind heart. And I guess the big reason why he is such a nice guy is because of his endeavors while he was growing up. It's such a nice thing for him to keep his feet on the ground even in the face of success. I surely miss this guy, but I'm sure he'll be wowing us once again when he returns...

Let me share some pics of him from the drama where I came to love him:

yourenotcrazy.jpg

watchingtv.jpg

sjs3.jpg

sjs2.jpg

*Photos courtesy of the official MISA KBS site.

Guest thunderbolt

Hi everyone

I created a thumbnail of that HUGE pic of Jisub that we all love. You can use it when referring to the pic so that it doesn't take up so much space. Thanks!

sjs13023re.th.jpg

Hi everyone

I created a thumbnail of that HUGE pic of Jisub that we all love. You can use it when referring to the pic so that it doesn't take up so much space. Thanks!

sjs13023re.th.jpg

... a thumbnail will do... :P:P

thanks thunderbolt.

hugs,