In-tune!

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cutiehoney18

do you have to b cantonese or mandarin or does it matter?

and does it matter if you dont know how to read or write in chinese but can speak it?

Guest darling

^

i thought it was 14-28 right? O_O

Yup 14-28, people mistake it for 18 because they don't think entertainment companies would be looking for people of that age, so they overlook the 2.

Guest 41120

This is actually a competition / TV show that ETTV (HUGE Chinese TV station that has a branch in America.) holds every year, they've done 3 seasons so far. It's usually called ETTV Top Idol and they go to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York and the finals are held in Los Angeles. In previous years, the 3 first place winners from each region represent the US in the next round of competition held in China and Taiwan. Sort of like a Chinese American Idol. However, it seems like they aren't doing that this year because last season was held later than usual and MNET is partnering with ETTV to find some Chinese Americans. Not sure if it will show on TV like previous years. You can sing in Mandarin, Cantonese or English. But your chances are very slim if you sing in anything other than Mandarin, they are specifically looking for Mandarin singers.

Guest Bi=Oh

wow the korean entertainmenr company is really jumping on the chinese bandwagon.. never seen so much advertisment for chinese americans

Guest bambishanny

i emailed them to see if koreans were able to audition, and they replied back to me saying,

Hi *****.

You are very welcome to attend the auditions. I apologize we posted

"Chinese-Americans" instead of "Asians" like we intend to in the first

place. Good luck on the audition!

ETTV

yea, so im guessing they really dont care if you're not chinese? xD i want to try.... :)

Guest Bi=Oh

i emailed them to see if koreans were able to audition, and they replied back to me saying,

Hi *****.

You are very welcome to attend the auditions. I apologize we posted

"Chinese-Americans" instead of "Asians" like we intend to in the first

place. Good luck on the audition!

ETTV

yea, so im guessing they really dont care if you're not chinese? xD i want to try.... :)

you know what thats why jyp LA and san mateo audition said too much they pretty much filter outed the non-chinese ppl so im not too sure

Guest --joyful.

someone up there mentioned singing in chinese or english.

i called them up today, like 5 times before someone actually answered.

i asked the lady what languages we could sing in, and she said anything is fine.

but man she was rude T_T

shes like ni hao ettv~

and im like uhm..do you speak english? -in mandarin

n shes like yea sure w/e

Guest itrayya

(: I'm definitely gonna be at the San Gabriel location, my mom's restaurant is like a block away.. wish me luck guys! Maybe I'll see some of you there :D

^^ good luck chicka!!!!

im so jealous!! i live so far!!!

wait! if it's like a chinese base thing... ya'll have to sing in chinese???

GOOD LUCK TO WHOM EVER IS DOING THIS!!

me so jealous!ive been working so hard on my chinese listening to S.H.E.

EDIT//

chances are slim if we dont sing in mandarin?

what if... like... i dont speak mandarin at all. just plain english.

but i always sing mandarin while reading those romanized lyrics.

ive been doing that for a long time and i can sing a few songs through remembering the lyrics.

do we really have to be able to speak mandarin???????

i have a headache. :wacko:

i want to do this through mail.....but in the end if they only really want mandarin speakers, then im doomed???!!!!!!

oh the stress!

im still give it my best.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Guest xiaochingu.

ok so theyre looking not only for chinese americans but asians in america in general?

butbut someone up there says we should sing in mandarin or they filter u out?!?!

omg...im like hyprventilating because i know i cant sing in chinese very well.

hmmmmm...i need to think

Guest --joyful.

chances are slim if we dont sing in mandarin?

butbut someone up there says we should sing in mandarin or they filter u out?!?!

They're looking for ASIANS. they made a mistake with the chinese-american thing.

language wise, they dont care at all.

so sing w/e u want.

^^ i cant wait. imma try~

v;- nononono dont worry i called them, and asked one of the people that works there.

for SURE they dont care what language.

Archived