[drama 2003] Screen 스크린

ione

[sBS] Kim Tae Hee, Oh Seung Hyun, Park Jung Chul, Gong Yoo

SCREEN

Cast : Gong Yoo, Kim Tae Hee, Park Jung Chul, Oh Seung Hyun

screen.jpg

Synopsis (SBS Productions):

Cheerful and bright, So Hyun is creative as well. She is the only-child of a prominent artistic film director, Kim Jung Woo. Having lost her mother at an early age, she spends her days happily with her father who is like a friend. They at times have heated discussion on movies, worries about each other's health. Her father is the owner of Sukyoung Theater and their intimate father and daughter relationship is well known. Yu Ra is in the same class as So Hyun. She is the only child of Spong Hyun Kun, a wealthy real estate holder. She is a pretty and an intelligent girl with many dreams. But the fact that her father used to be a bouncer at Sukyoung Theater makes people call her 'the daughter of an ignorant overnight millionaire' which hurts her pride seriously while growing up. This makes her study harder and she grows to be an honor student. But no matter how hard she tries, So Hyun is the daughter of Sukyoung Theater's owner and she, the daughter of a bouncer. Director Kim is creating a life-long masterpiece which will be both meaningful and enjoyable. But with the scheme from Segabox Film, the production cost is cut off and Director Kim puts up Sukyoung Theater, which is like a part of him, for sale. Thus, Song Hyun Kun decides to buy the theater and makes a nominal transfer before making any payments when there is news of accident that Director Kim has died in a fire at the editorial room. Hyun Kun, despite the trust, pretends to have made all the payment and the investors who have invested in the movie demands money to So Hyun who they eventually kick out from her house. Having lost everything in one moment, So Hyun falls into devastation. Oh Kwang Su then encourages her to live her life happily as the daughter of Director Kim. With his word of encouragement, So Hyun is able to recover from shock and restarts her life living at Mr. Hwang's home. After Kwang Su leaves, Yu Ra's father sells the theater and leaves town. Left all alone, So Hyun goes to the theater and promises to live her life that will make her father proud.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drama sounds really interesting...I've only seen KTH in one drama and that was Stairway to Heaven - she's was so evil...

is this drama new or old - i've never heard of it before

Guest loving_D

This drama sounds really interesting...I've only seen KTH in one drama and that was Stairway to Heaven - she's was so evil...

is this drama new or old - i've never heard of it before

new series?? kth..rr..so pretty..

nope. old series. probably more than a year ago. it was good though, in my opinion. gong yoo :wub:

Guest aznchocol8luver

UR NOT KIDDING ME!!!!!! GONGYOO N KIM TAE HUI IN A DRAMA TOGETHER?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!

TATZ A PLUS!!!~~

can't wait to watch tis!!

Guest sarahILa

nope. old series. probably more than a year ago. it was good though, in my opinion. gong yoo :wub:

hihi..i agree wif u..kihkih..gong yoo :wub: anyone knoe where can i dl this drama including the eng. subt at the clubbox if u can help??thanx ..loving_D how was the story??tell me the spoiler..hihihi

hihi..i agree wif u..kihkih..gong yoo :wub: anyone knoe where can i dl this drama including the eng. subt at the clubbox if u can help??thanx ..loving_D how was the story??tell me the spoiler..hihihi

lollol101 and drama4you have this series up on their clubboxes:) hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest llxaNnExo12ll

this drama is old..its the first drama i've ever watched with kim tae hee..she wasnt all that great in there..actually none of the characters were cause the drama was just..well it didnt really have some particular point..haha the ending didnt even make sense..stairways to heaven then came after not too long after this drama had finished..and woww i was surprised..her acting was better and having the part of the evil girl was pretty surprising too..o yea isnt kim joon pyo gong yoos name in screen? cause its suppose to be gong yoo lol..but i guess its viewable just because kim tae hee and gong yoo is in there :D

Guest jennxxness

I remember this being a pretty bad drama. they cut it down so fast in the end cause thy werent getting enough viewers or something.

• 4 months later...
Guest glitzyglam

I remember this drama! It's pretty old. It was my first drama seeing Kim TaeHee and GongYoo. =)

And I think Kim JiWoo was in this as well?

I never got to finish it though. . .

could some please tell me if she ended up with Park JungChul or GongYoo?

hehe, I remember I stopped at a really dramatic part. I think it was her birthday or something.. and she was celebrating it with GongYoo at thier little apt. place, and then Park JungChul went back to buy her and give her a present and when she answered the door, he saw GongYoo? O_o he didn't know they lived together or something..

eh, I don't remember--- this was ages ago.

I'm still surprised I remember what I just typed out. -__-;;

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

screen_01.jpg

PROGRAM PROFILE

70min × 18series/ 31th May, 2003 ~ 27th July, 2003

Director : Lee Sung-Yol

Starring : Park Jung-Chul, Kim Tae-Hee, Oh Seung-Hyun, Gong Yu

Planning : Cha Sung-Mo (SBS)

Producer : No Jung-Kyu, Kim Sun-Hee

Playwright : Lim Chae-June

Assistant Director : Kwak Hong-Suck, Lee Ho-June

Camera Operator : Lee Sang-Wook

Light Director : Lee Jang-Keun

Audio Engineer : Lee Si-Bock

Prop Master : Choi Sung-Won

Costume : Tak Eun-Ju

Make Up : Lim Chun-Mi

Hair : Kim Mi-Jung

Editor : Cho Eun-Kyung

Music : Choi Kyung-Sik

CHARACTER

photo_01.jpg

Tae-Young (Park Jung-Chul)

A man of handsome exterior with brain and intuition. He is the son of Mr. Park, chairman of Segabox, and gets involved into his father's business to save the company at stake with the clear business mind of 'Film is Business'. He is cold and a playboy on the outside but his inside is pure and naive.

He is torn between So-Hyun and Yu-Ra.

photo_02.jpg

So-Hyun (Kim Tae-Hee)

A character with a warm heart and talent who does her best in every moment of her life. She is the daughter of a genius film director Kim Jung-Woo, an owner of Suk-Young Theater. Her childhood was a happy one until her father's death. She didn't stay in despair and overcame her sadness and tries to make her own way to the film industry. Although she is loved by everyone around her for her bright nature and warm heart, those qualities bring out the sense of inferiority in her best friend, Yu-Ra.

photo_03.jpg

Yu-Ra (Oh Seung-Hyun)

She is So-Hyun's best friend from childhood, a pretty and well-to-do girl, but she always felt inferiority towards So-Hyun because of the fact that her father was once a doorman at the theater which So-Hyun's father owned. After coming back from her studies in the US, she was hired in a high ranked position at Segabox, where she met Tae-young, but she starts to play a dangerous game against So-Hyun for success and desire.

photo_04.jpg

Jun-pyo (Gong-yoo)

A man with goofy looks, bad mouth, and humble personality. But he is also a man of warm heart, everyone can relate to him. He happens to live with So-Hyun due to an unexpected double contract, and he didn't like her at first but gradually falls in love with her. He is a close friend of film director, Oh Gwang-Su, and an avid fan of So-Hyun's father, the late director Kim Jung-Woo's, and also a very talented aspiring film director himself.

From logosfilm.co.kr

• 2 weeks later...

Download episodes

These compiled episodes of SCREEN below are ALL uploaded by aalhl,

credit also to www.gongyoo.com and YYCAF Clubbox.

This version only has Korean audio + Chinese subs B)

dearest kindhearted Gong Yoo fan aalhl@soompi is currently posting long summaries for each episode of Screen starting frm http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=5762952 , she's making plenty of caps as well but just take note that since she's a GY fan, she's focusing more on GY's parts & caps.... but she's impressed me (and i think fivemagic too) so much cause even though she's not Korean nor she can read the Chinese subs that well, she's doing a really really good job so far and she's also reuploaded the episodes.

You have to use HJSplit to re-join the parts together for each ep before you can watch the ep.

Got any problems or enquiries using HJSplit etc, can PM me :)

HJ Split

for those unfamiliar with HJ split.

1) Download HJsplit.

right click-save target as

extract it and install the programme

2) start HJ split.

3) click on "Join"

4) click "input"

[PS: pls make sure all the parts that you download are in the same

directory/folder]

5) click on the file that you want .001 , don't worry about the others. if

the files are in the same directory, HJsplit will find it.

6) Click "start"

7) After complete the joining, the joined file will be in the same folder as your parts.

ALL the eps come only with Chinese subtitles so the summary in the screen soompi thread by aalhl (angelie) will come in handy for most of us.

Episode 1

Screen.01.rmvb.001

Screen.01.rmvb.002

Screen.01.rmvb.003

Screen.01.rmvb.004

Episode 2

Screen.02.rmvb.001

Screen.02.rmvb.002

Screen.02.rmvb.003

Screen.02.rmvb.004

Episode 3

Screen.03.rmvb.001