Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Actor Kwon Sang-woo denies allegation of gambling history

Actor Kwon Sang-woo [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kwon Sang-woo [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kwon Sang-woo denied an allegation that he was a gambler 15 years ago.

Entertainment reporter-turned-YouTuber Kim Yong-ho, through his channel, alleged that Kwon was with entertainer Shin Jung-hwan when Shin was arrested at a private gambling site Gangnam District, southern Seoul. Kim also argued that Kwon ran away with the help of others, and only Shin was caught.

Kwon’s agency Su Company told the Korea JoongAng Daily that none of the allegations are true. He said he wasn’t present when Shin was caught, and that he never gambled.

BY LEE SUN-MIN   [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

*** The drama is about two men who team up in order to fight against social injustice and save innocent people from being wrongfully convicted for crimes that they had no part in.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

"Fly From Rags to Riches" first script reading & stills released

ffrtrsr2.jpg

ffrtrsr1.jpg

ffrtrsr3.jpg

credit pictures : dramabeans

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, irilight said:

Thank you, @willenette. I am glad we have this Drama to look forward to

@irilight, yes & I'm happy that we could get to see him again soon in our small screen. Here's the teasers of the drama. I'm smiling watching them. KSW is enough to get me on-board. This is worth a watch. "Fly From Rags To Riches" kicks off on October 30.   :blush:

1z90hfc2cg_15737968659834436583.jpg

credit : videos/pictures : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/10/05/fly-from-rags-to-riches-drops-teasers/

*** I think “Delayed Justice” is the new name of the upcoming drama. This is a Friday-Saturday drama who is about two men representing victims who are falsely accused. The drama will be at 10 p.m. KST following the conclusion of “Alice.”  :blush:

• Like 1

*** In the video teaser the character’s determination is shown as Park Tae Yong says, “Believe me as I will do my best.” - The teasers presented both actors immersed in their respective roles. We could get to watch  the stories of ordinary people deprived of justice in this drama.  :blush:

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, willenette said:

@irilight, yes & I'm happy that we could get to see him again soon in our small screen. Here's the teasers of the drama. I'm smiling watching them. KSW is enough to get me on-board. This is worth a watch. "Fly From Rags To Riches" kicks off on October 30.  

@willenette, for me too.  I like the synopsis of the Drama too. And just listening to his soft voice in the teasers your provided gets me all excited for this Drama.

BTW,  I have never seen "Winter Sonata" (It was on my DramaFever watch-list,  when DramaFever closed down.)

I read that in celebration of the 20th Anniversary of "Winter Sonata" they are planning "Winter Sonata 2" for 2021, but cast is yet unconfirmed. I hope that the site that brings it to us will also bring Season 1, and I can watch both.

• Love 1

17 More K-Dramas To Watch When You’re Stuck At Home

These days, as people are spending a lot more time at home, we’re also running out of things to do. Our list of K-dramas to watch has dwindled and it’s hard to find some new ones. If you’ve already gone through this first list of 17 K-dramas to watch when you’re stuck at home and are looking for more, then look no further. Here’s a look at 17 more!

More classics

Stairway to Heaven

stairway-to-heaven-kwon-sang-woo-choi-ji

Starring Kwon Sang Woo as Song Joo and Choi Ji Woo as Jung Seo, “Stairway to Heaven” was a popular SBS K-drama that aired in 2003. Not only were the two main leads mega stars, but the extended cast was also reputable — Shin Hyun JoonKim Tae HeePark Shin HyeLee Wan, and Baek Sung Hyun.

The story is a tearjerker, as Song Joo and Jung Seo fall in love at a young age but are torn apart as they get older.

When they meet again, Jung Seo gets into a tragic accident and suffers from amnesia, which obviously prevents her from being able to remember Song Joo.

stairway-to-heaven.jpg

One of the best parts about watching a good classic is seeing actors when they were younger. Seeing a younger Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo is not only cool, but you can also see why they were able to rise to such fame at a young age. At the time this drama was aired, Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo were considered to be a couple of the most popular and most sought-after actors in South Korea. Their chemistry is so believable in this drama that they even reunited in another K-drama many years later.

Start watching “Stairway to Heaven”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** The teaser begins with Kwon Sang-woo inviting Bae Sung-woo to work with him: “Let’s work together.” It's a funny teaser. his is a Friday-Saturday SBS drama, which will begin airing on October 30. I'm ready for this! Looking forward to this for Kwon Sang Woo!  :blush:

*******************************************************************************************************

Teaser "Fly From Rags to Riches"

frags3.jpg

credit video & picture : dramabeans

Ladies Are Jealous On How Rain And Kwon Sang Woo Talked About Their Wives And Married Lives

rain-and-kwon-sang-woo-flaunts-their-hap

Famous Korean superstars Rain and Kwon Sang Woo talked about their respective married life and boasted about their lovely wives, actresses Kim Tae Hee and Son Tae Young!

This conversation happened during an episode of Rain's web variety show titled "Season B Season," where Rain had a boy's time hitting the gym with his close friend and co-actor Kwon Sang Woo. During their drive, Rain joyfully declared that he and Sang Woo are both great husbands.

Looking at the camera, Rain expressed, "The truth is, there is nobody as good and as family-oriented as Kwon, and I Sang Woo. Just think about it. All we do is eat breakfast and then work out. We eat lunch and then work out. We eat dinner and then work out."

Rain And Kwon Sang Woo Flaunts Their Happily Married Lives and Their Beautiful Wives
(Photo : Marie Claire)

Kwon Sang Woo also shared that Son Tae Young (his lovely wife) likes to hear when he says he's gonna work out because he doesn't even leave the house! He transfers to the other room. The actor also proudly bragged that it had been 12 long years since he married his wife, and up until this day, it still feels like they're just in the dating stage of their relationship. The actor also surprisingly revealed that his wife still hasn't shown any of her "bodily functions," like passing gas, things like that. He has never heard or smelled anything yet.

Rain And Kwon Sang Woo Flaunts Their Happily Married Lives and Their Beautiful Wives
(Photo : Marie Claire)

Then the conversation went on with Kwon Sang Woo asking Rain about his married life. The singer and actor actively responded, sharing what they do every day ever since they're together. They kiss each other every day before leaving the house, and at night time they kiss.

(Photo : Bazaar)

(Photo : Asiaone)
Spoiler

The disappointed Kwon Sang Woo jokingly replied to Rain's statement by saying, "Isn't romantic kissing something a married couple should do any time of the day, without a fixed schedule? Do you only kiss in the morning and in the evening?"

Both actors had an amusing conversation. Kwon Sang Woo continued to share that he and his wonderful, lovely wife, Son Tae Young, had just celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary in September. What he did for the said celebration was he rented out a jazz bar and hired a band. He even serenaded her with a nice song. Rain was impressed by his friend's anniversary gift to his wife and reacted by saying, "Wow, you're a total lovebird."

Korean actor and singer Rain married famous actress Kim Tae Hee tied the knot on January 19, 2017, after five years of being in a romantic relationship. The couple was blessed with their first child on October 25, 2017, and on September 19, 2019, gave birth to their second child.

On the other hand, Kwon Sang Woo is married to actress and former Miss Korea Son Tae Young. Their wonderful wedding was held at the Shilla Hotel on September 28, 2008. Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young were blessed with a healthy baby boy on February 6, 2009, and the second child, a daughter, was born on January 10, 2015.

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119112/20201016/ladies-are-jealous-on-how-rain-and-kwon-sang-woo-talked-about-their-wives-and-married-lives.htm

Rain and Kwon Sang Woo boast about their wives

Actor Kwon Sang Woo and rain met up on October 15 to hang out and go for a hamburger Mukbang.

rain.png

Veteran Korean celebrities Kwon Sang Woo and Rain met up together for an outing in a new video uploaded on Rain’s YouTube channel. Actor Kwon Sang Woo and Rain met up on October 15 to hang out and go for a hamburger Mukbang. As the two celebrities were on the way to the location, Kwon Sang Woo told Rain that he still feels like he is dating his wife, saying that they have not gotten over the honeymoon phase. He said,  “I feel like I’m still dating my wife. My wife never farted in front of me.”

Rain then tried to one-up him by saying, “I always kiss my wife every morning and evening,” showing off his affection for Kim Tae Hee. Kwon Sang Woo then said to Rain that he and his wife kiss all the time asking, “Do you kiss your wife only in the morning and evening?”

As they drove by the beach, Kwon Sang Woo looked out the window at the ocean and reminisced about the time he filmed ‘Stairway to Heaven’ with Kim Tae Hee.

He stated, “Coming to the beach reminds me of the time when we suffered so much filming at the beach for ‘Stairway to Heaven‘ with Kim Tae Hee.” Kim Tae Hee and Kwon Sang Woo appeared in the popular SBS drama as Kim Tae Hee played the antagonist’s role.

Kwon Sang Woo made everyone laugh when they were listening to the OST for the drama ‘Stairway to Heaven‘ and said to Rain “You should think about your wife, Kim Tae Hee, when listening to this song.”

Jung Ji-hoon was born on June 25 1982 and he is better known by his stage name Rain. He is a South Korean singer-songwriter, actor and music producer.

In January 2013, Rain confirmed that he was dating actress Kim Tae Hee, which then caused an investigation into whether his dating had broken military rules during his mandatory military service. In 2014, he was baptised as a Catholic, the same religion as Kim Tae Hee. The couple married on January 19, 2017, after five years of dating. On October 25, 2017, Kim gave birth to their first child. She gave birth to their second child on September 19, 2019.

Born on August 5 1976, Kwon Sang Woo is a South Korean actor who rose to stardom in 2003 with the romantic comedy film My Tutor Friend and the melodrama series Stairway to Heaven.

Kwon married actress and former Miss Korea Son Tae-young at the Shilla Hotel on September 28, 2008.

On February 6, 2009, his wife gave birth to a baby boy, christened as Luke (nicknamed Rookie). Their second child, a daughter, was born on January 10, 2015.

/TISG

source : https://theindependent.sg/rain-and-kwon-sang-woo-boast-about-their-wives/

Supernatural fantasy, mystery thriller, rom-com and horror: 10 new K-dramas you can catch online in October

The premiere dates for 18 Again and Delayed Justice have been changed to Oct 20 and Oct 31 respectively. Dare You Cheat On Me has been pushed back to Dec 3. 

Christmas comes early for K-drama fans with Netflix and Viu launching 10 new Korean drama series this month, with genres ranging from supernatural fantasy and romantic comedies to mystery thrillers and dark horror.

You might not need much convincing to stay at home and ride out the Covid-19 pandemic.

Delayed Justice

Starring Kwon Sang-woo, Bae Sung-woo, Kim Joo

Delayed Justice tells the story of two righteous men who are passionate about representing the voices of victims framed in court. Park Tae-yong (Kwon Sang-woo), a public defender who took the unconventional route to become a qualified lawyer, is zealous about helping others, even defending petty offenders.

A turning point in his legal career occurs when he becomes the first attorney to win a criminal retrial case. To fight against the corrupted judicial system, he teams up with Park Sam-soo (Bae Sung-woo), an unemployed reporter who pursues stories that are often overlooked by others.

Available on Viu from Oct 31, with new episodes every Saturday and Sunday

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/supernatural-fantasy-mystery-thriller-rom-com-and-horror-11-new-k-dramas-you-can

[Photos] Press Conference Photos Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Delayed Justice"

photo1257191.jpg

"Delayed Justice" (2020)

Directed by Kwak Jeong-hwan

Written by Park Sang-gyu-II

Network: SBS

With Kwon Sang-woo, Bae Sung-woo, Kim Joo-hyun, Jung Woong-in, Kim Kap-soo, Ahn Si-ha,...

16 episodes - Fri, Sat 22:00
Also known as "Fly Dragon" and "Fly From Rags to Riches"

Synopsis
A story of two men who represent the voices of judicial victims who are falsely accused. Reversal will be portrayed in a pleasant way, overturning the situation between a high school-graduate public defender who has nothing to lose and

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2020/10/30

photo1257190.jpg

photo1257188.jpg

photo1257196.jpg

Spoiler

photo1257195.jpg

photo1257194.jpg

photo1257192.jpg

photo1257193.jpg

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

SBS drama ‘Delayed Justice’ sends message of hope

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2020/10/28/20201028000559_0.jpg
Director Kwak Jeong-hwan (center) poses with the cast of “Delayed Justice” before an online press conference on Tuesday (SBS)

Actor Kwon Sang-woo returns to the small screen as a public defender in SBS’ new drama “Delayed Justice.”

The Korean title for the new drama literally translates to “Fly, Stream Dragon” and is derived from a Korean idiom meaning a dragon born in a stream, similar to the expression “rags to riches.”

Kwon takes on the role of Park Tae-yong, a lawyer who comes from humble origins with only a high school diploma. He partners with journalist Park Sam-soo, played by Bae Seong-woo, to help people at the bottom of the social ladder.

“I remember reading an article that said rags to riches doesn’t happen anymore in Korea, which made me extremely sorrowful and angry,” said director Kwak Jeong-hwan in an online press conference Tuesday. “In a drama, everything is possible. Those things that seem difficult and challenging in reality can happen in a drama. I wanted to make a drama that could relieve the anger and complaints in a fun way and quench the public’s thirst.”

Veteran actor Kwon said he was captivated by his character, who is lacking as a lawyer in many ways but makes up for it with his empathic nature and his concern for justice.

“I was excited the most for this drama than any other drama I’ve been in since my debut,” said Kwon.

The drama is based on the true story of lawyer Park Joon-young and journalist Park Sang-kyu, who succeeded in obtaining retrials for people who had been wrongfully convicted -- most famously, in a 1999 case in which three innocent people were convicted of robbery and murder, and in the 2000 murder of a taxi driver at the Yakchon five-way intersection in Iksan, North Jeolla Province.

“I was attracted to the drama because it was based on real events. Also, I was able to see both the fun aspect and the message of the drama,” said Bae.

While the drama deals with heavy subject matter, there are many lighthearted elements to keep viewers entertained.

“I think it’s meaningful for a drama to contribute to society,” said Kwak. “If the relationship between the characters striving for justice can give hope and leave an impression, I think the drama can be worth more than just a drama and can contribute to society. In that aspect, ‘Delayed Justice’ is a superb drama.”

The 20-episode drama will air on SBS at 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, starting this week.

By Lim Jang-won (ljw@heraldcorp.com)

Rain and Kim Tae Hee top list of celebrities with fortunes in real estate

Celebrity couple Rain and Kim Tae Hee have topped the list of celebrities with fortunes in real estate.

On the October 30th episode of 'Entertainment Relay Live', Rain and Kim Tae Hee were named as the celebrities who have the biggest fortune in real estate with 81.4 billion Won ($71,844,714.48 USD) in property assets. The power couple beat out stars like Lee HyoriSo Ji SubSuzy, and BoA who are known to be wealthy property owners. 

Coming in 2nd on the list is actor Kwon Sang Woo with 78.2 billion Won ($69,015,480.38 USD) in real estate assets, actress Jun Ji Hyun is in 3rd with 75.5 billion Won ($66,632,592.95 USD), actor Song Seung Hun comes in 4th with 69.2 billion Won ($61,078,992.48 USD), 'Asia's Prince' Jang Geun Suk comes in 5th with 55 billion Won ($48,545,442.00 USD), Seo Jang Hoon in 6th with 46.5 billion Won ($41,042,964.60 USD), Ha Jung Woo in 7th, Jung Woo Sung and Lee Jung Jae in 8th, Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young in 9th, and Psy in 10th. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

*** I'm glad that "Fly Dragon" came in pretty strong. :blush:

***********************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 26-Nov. 1, 2020

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-26-nov-1-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Friday, Oct. 30      
Fly Dragon 1 SBS 5.2%
More Than Friends 9 JTBC 1.4%
Saturday, Oct. 31      
Homemade Love Story 13 KBS 26.7%
Fly Dragon 2 SBS 6.7%
More Than Friends 10 JTBC 1.5%
Search 5 OCN 3.3%
Start-Up 5 tvN 5.4%

Justice-themed drama 'Fly Dragon' off to smooth start

http://img.koreatimes.co.kr/upload/newsV2/images/202011/519e663ad73a4fd9af347662c40c3f1d.jpg/dims/resize/740/optimize
Bae Seong-woo, left, and Kwon Sang-woo star in SBS's fresh drama "Fly Dragon." Courtesy of STUDIO & NEW

By Dong Sun-hwa

SBS's justice-themed TV series "Fly Dragon" has got off to a smooth start with good ratings.

The show's first (Friday) and the second episode (Saturday) rated 5.2 and 6.7 percent viewership nationwide, respectively, according to Nielsen Korea. It was the most watched drama in the 10-11 p.m. timeslot on each day.

The 16-part soap opera revolves around a public defender, Park Tae-yong (Kwon Sang-woo), and a reporter, Park Sam-soo (Bae Seong-woo), who fight for people falsely accused.

"I have a great expectation of the series," Kwon said during an online press conference on Oct. 27. "I don't feel attracted to a character without flaws. But in the case of Tae-yong, he has a deficiency, but I thought he would be seen as a warm-hearted person, if I can reveal his justice through my acting."

Bae said, "The episodes in this TV series have been reconstructed, but are still based on true stories. This is why I chose this script."

"Fly Dragon" is directed by Kwak Jung-hwan, who is best known for the legal drama "Ms. Hammurabi" (2018).

The final episode will be aired on Dec. 19.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/11/688_298551.html