eating EXPIRED food by accident?

Guest sj22

Guest PUNKYjunk

I always, always check the date.

If it's past, I usually don't eat/drink it even if its just a "Best by" date.

It's kind of funny. Like with milk:

- Check the date

- Smell the milk

- Make my dad take a sip of milk and let him tell me if its good

- Check the date again

- Smell the milk again

- Do not drink.

Ahahaha.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mukinsvivi

I always smell food before I eat it..LOL. You can automatically tell if something went bad by just smelling it...sometimes I do eat expired bread though/baked goods. Because we get our bread fresh from the bakery and they're required to put an expiration date on it, but it's still good if it's over a a few days. :sweatingbullets:

Guest epicpwnage

I tell my mom to smell it before I eat it because my mom's nose is freaking super powerfully sensitive o.o

I drank a sip of chocolate milk, I bought from the school, and it tasted like disgusting foul orange juice. I chugged 2 bottles of water after that >_< tramautizing experience.

Guest Crunch

A long time ago, I was gonna eat some cereal so mindlessly I poured some cereal and milk in the bowl. I ate a spoonful of cereal and when I went in for the second, I noticed a bunch of ants drowning in the milk. ... -_-

I don't know if this has been posted already, because I don't have time to check the whole thread >< BUT there are certain things you can eat past the expiration/expiry date, without any problems. Obviously, like some people have mentioned, it makes sense that smelling stuff helps. If it smells bad, or doesn't look right, it probably shouldn't be eaten. I have eaten yogurt or cheese weeks past expiry date with no problems (sometimes we buy cheese and it's gone bad before the date--which I guess would mean it wasn't fresh when bought. -__- )

I found this, and wanted to post it here, in case someone can use it:

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Articles/Nutrition-Health-Food-Labeling-646/food-expiration-dates-faqs.aspx

I used to ask my mom to smell stuff too, to get a second nose-pinion.

I do eat expire food, but then it's only one or two days after the expiry date LoL most of the time, I forget to check the date but if it's waaay past the due date, well...you can probably smell/see the difference....

Guest royaldark

i had a bagel with rotten cream cheese.. it was red but i thought i bought strawberry or something.. i ono

LOL!

I had half a yogurt with mold before realizing it. I thought is was sour strawberry flavor or something.

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

I've ate a few things that have been expired. My mom always told me that milk is still drinkable a day after it expires o_o

What i hate the most is when some packaged food don't have expired dates!

Guest HERMIT

Just about all the food I eat is most certainly expired. I mean, surely the cows, chickens, and pigs had been killed, right?

I check the expiry date for everything.

It's funny. I'll open my fridge and check the expiry date of my milk just to make sure before I drink it, even though I checked it the day before and knew it was still good.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pepperlou

Recently, I had a craving for almonds and I conveniently found a bag of them sitting in the fridge. I took a handful and ate them, but as I was chewing on them, I looked at the expiration date on the container and it was apparently...seven years past the expiry date. -_- I was horrified! I told my mom about it, but she shrugged and said it was going to make me stronger. Hahaha. :P

Guest Friedriceking

expired milk is disgusting!! The smell puts me off. I occasionally eat expired food that are SAFE, but nothing too bad like meat or chicken etc

Guest Chokzy1430274957

I was SO CLOSE to drink Biola that had expired 12 April 2011 .____.

But I didn't hahaha :D

• 1 month later...
Guest LTHL

LOL, I have expired food at my house all the time because my family doesn't eat that much and we waste too much. I always give my friends expired food without realizing. Yet they claim it still taste good.

Archived