Epilator Vs. Plucking

Guest raykhuu0

Guest raykhuu0

do they give the same results?
Yeah, I normally pluck mine, but i see many here use epilators. I was thinking of buying one. But i don't know if they have the same results.... So if any of you guys can share your experiences/opinions, thanks alot

=]

Guest meringue

They are basically the same thing. The only difference is tweezing pulls out one hair at a time whereas an epilator pulls out many hairs at once. Think of an epilator as a bunch of tweezers in one product.

Guest SimplyKel

They are basically the same thing. The only difference is tweezing pulls out one hair at a time whereas an epilator pulls out many hairs at once. Think of an epilator as a bunch of tweezers in one product.

ditto

Guest alligatortears

i want to get one too..

i'm just scared that my leg hairs are too thick for the epilator to pluck.

• 2 years later...
Guest plumplum

But the thicker ones hurt. The thinner ones don't hurt that much.

When I tried my leg, it hurt so much I got really warm, sweaty and my throat felt tight.

Nevarrr.

Ouch. I guess stick to waxing.

Someone suggested eating ibuprofen beforehand to help with the pain.

To reduce pain:

"Maintaining flat, taut surfaces is key when using this epilator. Getting flesh/skin stuck in this thing is NOT fun. If there's a way to stretch the skin around, say, a bone, in order to get a flat surface, try to do it."

Guest adayinthelife

yea, like someone else said, epilators are basically a bunch of electronically powered tweezers that do the plucking a billion times faster :D

Guest roses296

I use an epilator (^3^)

I tried to wax but that hurt waaaay too much (T3T)

And you do have to be careful with thin hair, because it's more likely to break off instead of being pulled out...

Guest VIETboredom

edit O_O

nevermind.

copied and pasted this from somewhere

Waxing, shaving, sugaring, tweezing, epilators, and even hair removal creams or depilatories can cause ingrown hairs. If you’ve had this problem, you likely won’t soon forget it. After getting rid of your unwanted hair, you find little red painful bumps over your skin. They look like a rash and hurt and itch.

so yeah tweezing/plucking can cause ingrowns too o_o they all do.

Guest roses296

True~

Personally I find that shaving is more likely to give you ingrown hairs than anything else... I don't think I ever got ingrown hairs from epilating (^3^)

Guest Smileforjessie

i use epilator on arms and underarms!

as for face i use threading and for legs..its waxing >< haha

Guest pinksubmarine

I think i will stick to waxing! I can't take even regular plucking. So i don't think i could stand thousands of them plucking at me in one time.

Archived