Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

what is the appropriate respond when bf told you that he is holding back because he is afraid being abused (aka if he shown too much of affection and love for me, I will abused it because I know he would do anything for me)?

How should you resolve the conflicted btw family & bf? where family does not like bf because of his job, outer appearance and the language barriers btw families 

Given a choice, would you rather be with somebody that leads in the relationship, or would you rather be with somebody who is a partner in the relationship?

​a partner. I want us to lead and take charge in the relationship.

I don't always want to tell someone what to do or he telling me what to do.

It has to be a two-way street. 

Given a choice, would you rather be with somebody that leads in the relationship, or would you rather be with somebody who is a partner in the relationship?

Funny thing is I have to have this conversation with someone I'm seeing now...

I think I've been in one relationship where I was led and one where I'm leading. First one lasted a while, but it severely changed me and limited me. That didn't turn out well. So slash being led. I'm still testing the waters with the second one, but sometimes it's a little frustrating. I want my partner to put forth what I put forth, to even it out some. I think when I was younger I preferred having a leader, but now I'm looking for a partner. I mean, codependency does not end well for either involved.

• Like 1

My friend wants to show this girl that he is relationship material.  The girl does not think my friend is "relationship material", mainly because he flirts with a lot of other girls or in her words, "Is always looking at other girls."  But my friend is just being honest and doesn't look at other girls more than any other regular guy does.  My friend is just more open and honest about it when he sees attractive girls.  

My friend has asked this girl he likes out to a nice, romantic restaurant.  But this girl is not into it, because she does not think this guy is "not ready for a real relationship."  My friend  does want to settle down, specifically with this girl.  

How does he show her he's relationship material?  

Edited by Sommelier

@Sommelier, Your friend just needs to stop looking at other girls period!! He needs to show the girl he likes that he's serious about her by paying attention to her, complementing her and being loyal to her. Of course since she's already doubt his affection for her, he needs to prove it. I know guys can look at other girls because that's just human nature. But guys that check out girls when they already have someone by their side is childish and disgusting. Hate guys like that because I see it before and ewww! No thanks!

• Like 1

@Sommelier, Your friend just needs to stop looking at other girls period!! He needs to show the girl he likes that he's serious about her by paying attention to her, complementing her and being loyal to her. Of course since she's already doubt his affection for her, he needs to prove it. I know guys can look at other girls because that's just human nature. But guys that check out girls when they already have someone by their side is childish and disgusting. Hate guys like that because I see it before and ewww! No thanks!

I feel as if it isn't possible for a male to not notice pretty girls.  Would you rather an honest guy or a guy that pretends?  

My friend doesn't date these girls or would he ever cheat.  When his other guy friends are around that are single, it's just guy stuff to talk about attractive single girls.  Do you buy it when guys are like "I don't notice other girls!  I'm in a relationship!"  If your boyfriend is saying that he is hiding something.

Girls want an honest guy, but then punish them when they get honesty.  You can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

@Sommelier yes you're completely right. But now it's hard for the girl to trust your friend because she sees who he is, so she's afraid he's going to hurt her. I think he should just move on now. 

Guest x0ny

@sommelier 

I know im not a girl and this is the wrong thread but from my exp and friends exp, those more than often are insecure girls. Unless youre friend is willing to fight his natural instincts, he should move along. A few of my exes did not care whatsoever I check out girls, usually we rate the girls, vice versa for the guys cause in the end we're with each other and thats all that matters.

@sommelier - my bf checks out girls all the time,and every time I would just tease him about it then we both laughs it off. 

@radiocat02 - no matter how attractive the other guy is, if I know he has a girlfriend I would get away from him. I wouldnt want anyone cheating on me and likewise

ive been seeing a guy for over half a year, we werent official or anything.  He tells me he lost feelings. and I asked if he was interested in someone else.  He said no.  But I know hes been talking to his ex a lot...should I ask the ex if anything was going on between them? Or should I just move on.  I mean if there was something going on between them I wold move on quicker.  I know he wont come back to me and probably hate me.  So what would you girls do?

ive been seeing a guy for over half a year, we werent official or anything.  He tells me he lost feelings. and I asked if he was interested in someone else.  He said no.  But I know hes been talking to his ex a lot...should I ask the ex if anything was going on between them? Or should I just move on.  I mean if there was something going on between them I wold move on quicker.  I know he wont come back to me and probably hate me.  So what would you girls do?

​Just move on. There are plenty of other guys for you. Just be happy he was honest with you and didn't drag out this relationship.

• Like 1

Guest nana544

Would a lady still want to hang around with a guy(in a intimate kind of way)? even if she knows the guy has a gf assuming she is attracted to the guy.

​No way Jose! Only a girl who doesn't know her worth would do something stupid like that. Mature women doesn't waste their time. 

• 2 weeks later...