Quantcast
Guest michele17

Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

mwahai said: I don't think I would, no matter how close I am to the guy friend. It's just too mean for me to say something like that to a friend. Plus, I think that no one is ever too "unattractive" in this world to not be able to find their other half. As long as the guy has a good personality and is a good person, they will eventually find someone. I think that's what I would tell him and let him realize that the time just hasn't come yet for him to find someone to be with.

livingforhistory said: Girls, would you ever tell a guy friend the cold hard truth and that the real reason he always gets rejected and doesn't have a girlfriend is because he's unattractive? I know unattractive is subjective but let's just say this guy was unattractive by all objective standards across the board. Would you tell him the truth or would you continue to comfort him and make excuses for him and thus mislead him into continuing to have hope?

livingforhistory said: mwahai said: I don't think I would, no matter how close I am to the guy friend. It's just too mean for me to say something like that to a friend. Plus, I think that no one is ever too "unattractive" in this world to not be able to find their other half. As long as the guy has a good personality and is a good person, they will eventually find someone. I think that's what I would tell him and let him realize that the time just hasn't come yet for him to find someone to be with.

taaaaay said: livingforhistory said: Girls, would you ever tell a guy friend the cold hard truth and that the real reason he always gets rejected and doesn't have a girlfriend is because he's unattractive? I know unattractive is subjective but let's just say this guy was unattractive by all objective standards across the board. Would you tell him the truth or would you continue to comfort him and make excuses for him and thus mislead him into continuing to have hope?

So let's say hypothetically you've been attracted to this girl and you're friends with her brother. Let's also so for argument sake you've been crushing on her for a long time but feel it's awkward because you're feel weird dating your friend's sister. And to add another mix to this hypothetical experiment you're dating someone else and I want tell you how I feel about you before I leave for another country. What would be the best solution?

How do you know you like someone as more than a friend?
I've discussed this with a couple of people before, but I wonder how some people are so sure they like someone and they are not confusing it with just the excitement of a new friendship or mixed signals. I know often in my younger years, friends would develop crushes on their other friends because they saw their friend in new clothes, started hanging out more frequently (so they got to know each other better), or one started acting nicer.
Media/articles and people tell me that they know because they constantly think about that person, they smile when they think about that person, they get nervous around that person, their heart skips a beat/races, etc. Have you personally felt all these things when you've liked a person? 

lNlHAlRA said: So let's say hypothetically you've been attracted to this girl and you're friends with her brother. Let's also so for argument sake you've been crushing on her for a long time but feel it's awkward because you're feel weird dating your friend's sister. And to add another mix to this hypothetical experiment you're dating someone else and I want tell you how I feel about you before I leave for another country. What would be the best solution?

How do you know you like someone as more than a friend?

I've discussed this with a couple of people before, but I wonder how some people are so sure they like someone and they are not confusing it with just the excitement of a new friendship or mixed signals. I know often in my younger years, friends would develop crushes on their other friends because they saw their friend in new clothes, started hanging out more frequently (so they got to know each other better), or one started acting nicer.

Media/articles and people tell me that they know because they constantly think about that person, they smile when they think about that person, they get nervous around that person, their heart skips a beat/races, etc. Have you personally felt all these things when you've liked a person? 

When I know I like someone I will constantly think about that person more than I can help myself to haha. When I'm around them I'd get nervous, flustered, excited and when we're interacting with each other I'll want to hang on to their every word and action and their little tibbits.

This could apply to both new people I meet and friends. With friends it may be more obvious to them because of my change in behavior around them.

With new people I meet, it may be a bit confusing because of what you mentioned; it could just be the excitment of meeting someone new. But from experience I've learned that I would need to have a really strong first impression of them to spark my attraction and experience the above signs.

Girls, if you are interested in a guy that you frequently see (at school, work, etc) but have never met, what nonverbal things might you do to get him to notice you?

azn_roger said: Girls, if you are interested in a guy that you frequently see (at school, work, etc) but have never met, what nonverbal things might you do to get him to notice you?

Lol non verbal? This one is hard for me because I like to say "Good morning" or "Hi. How are you?" or something to that affect to people regardless of whether I am interested in them or not. However, I guess if I couldn't say anything, I would just smile if we made eye contact and then I would go off about my day lol Personally if I like someone, I try to converse with them to get to know more about them. 

Yes I would say the things you mentioned would be ideal, but I suppose I'm referring to girls that are shy around the guy they are interested in. Especially if it's someone they haven't formally met yet. I ask because I've found that quite a bit of girls out there are like this.

azn_roger

When you see the guy you can to look away, pretend that you didn't see him. Play with the hair, smile while looking at them lol idk

It depends on if the girl is alone or group.

Girls a question!

I feel like I get shy easily and play jokes around a girl I find attractive. Is it the same for a lot of guys or am I just weird?

The real question is, do girls do the same thing around a guy they find attractive? I figured some girls don't find any guys attractive as they have a lot of guys chasing them but I still find it hard to believe.

Also I prefer older women but what are your views on dating younger men?

@azn_roger hmm I used to be shy when I was in high school after going to college I realized it was getting me no where in life (not just with relationships). Now no one believes me when I tell them I used to be shy lol However, when I was younger and liked a guy, I would look over and smile before quickly moving my glance. I guess I used to do a lot of hoping he would notice me somehow. Sometimes I would wear my hair different. I would even try to wear more feminine outfits hoping he would notice. However, I was often afraid to bring attention to myself because I was worried I'd do something stupid when he did look. I would have rather he not know me at all than know me as the girl who always messed up. At the end of the day, he never did notice. After entering college I met some good friends who helped me come out of my shell-not for guys but for myself. I know that's not what you asked-but I hope you understand that sometimes shy girls are afraid to show they like you because they're afraid of being rejected. Hopefully they'll meet some people who are able to help them come out of their shell! :)