Quantcast
Guest michele17

Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

TRaNz said: j3nnnny said: TRaNz said: So im in this period where this girl and I arent talking due to an incident ( nothing overly major ), but yeah we arent talking. But after 2.5months she texts 'hello'...thats it....so i responded with a 'hi, how are you?' she replied with 'yeah, work is crazy, how are you?' and i decided to not continue with a question this time since in the past ive mainly been the one to initiate and continue the convos with other talk. So i just said 'yeah im just about alright'. andddd of course no reply........whats that supposed to mean? like is she just checking to see im alive or something?
Its been another 1.5 months after that and no words have been said. Should i be waiting around for her to say something a bit more than that or am i just letting myself get more hurt over time waiting?

Like, after 2.5 months of no communication, wouldnt it be i dunno, umm proper to start with a 'Hi how have you been?' rather than just a 'hello' ?

ra123 said: Ladies...how to you generally break the ice with a girl that is conservative and extremely shy? I feel like every time I speak to this person I'm finding myself talking with her in a professional manner. She seems like the type that's not really good with interpersonal relationships. How does a guy like myself read hints that she has any interest in me? 

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I confessed to a girl and she said "Aw, that's nice of you" and gave me a hug. Then I realized she interpreted it as good friends like. Should I just pretend nothing happened and continue being good friends? I'm not going to see her since we're going to different schools.

cristolephe said: Hi everyone,
Yesterday I confessed to a girl and she said "Aw, that's nice of you" and gave me a hug. Then I realized she interpreted it as good friends like. Should I just pretend nothing happened and continue being good friends? I'm not going to see her since we're going to different schools.

j3nnnny

said:

cristolephe

said: Hi everyone,

@raymondc27
If I was in the same country as them and if we ended things on a good note: Cool! maybe get lunch sometime to catch up
If I was not in the same country and we ended things on a good note: Wow! I hope they have a fantastic time!
If I was in the same country and things did NOT end up well: Really? REALLY? Is this really happening? If I was not in the same country and things did NOT end up well: Thank goodness! 

So I might be going on a vacation trip with friends later in the year.

While planning out the hotel rooms and things like that, I've discovered that I've kinda become the lone wolf.  I'm not going with all couples or anything. I'm good friends with some of them and not particularly close with the others.

The guy friend I was planning to room with, one of the girls in the group wants to room with him instead. They're not dating or anything but she and him are closer friends. One of the other girls, if her boyfriend can't come, she wants to room with them too. So both girls want to room with my guy friend, leaving me out.

My other friends who are going are couples and will be staying together. So this leaves me as a 7th wheel pretty much.

Why is it that the other two girls are comfortable staying with my friend but no one wants to share with me?

It's not like I'm some perv. I'm not even attracted to either of them. They've known me for awhile and know I'm not that kinda person.

I get the vibe they're just not comfortable with me.

I feel kinda bad now and may not want to go anymore.

Should I still go?

@livingforhistory
so youre saying...you will have a room to yourself that will be available to having guests ;) ;) that you could meet? I dont see what's wrong with this situation.

So I might be going on a vacation trip with friends later in the year.

While planning out the hotel rooms and things like that, I've discovered that I've kinda become the lone wolf.  I'm not going with all couples or anything. I'm good friends with some of them and not particularly close with the others.

The guy friend I was planning to room with, one of the girls in the group wants to room with him instead. They're not dating or anything but she and him are closer friends. One of the other girls, if her boyfriend can't come, she wants to room with them too. So both girls want to room with my guy friend, leaving me out.

My other friends who are going are couples and will be staying together. So this leaves me as a 7th wheel pretty much.

Why is it that the other two girls are comfortable staying with my friend but no one wants to share with me?

It's not like I'm some perv. I'm not even attracted to either of them. They've known me for awhile and know I'm not that kinda person.

I get the vibe they're just not comfortable with me.

I feel kinda bad now and may not want to go anymore.

Should I still go?

Lol, guys, are you trying to over throw us ladies in this thread? :P

@livingforhistory:: Just go and have fun! I'm sure she chose to stay with the guy friend because she is closer to him. The girl who have a boyfriend of course will prefer to stay with another female, if her boyfriend isn't there. Do you think her boyfriend will be comfortable with her staying with another guy on a trip? Trust or no trust, it's just disrespectful to the boyfriend if she rooms with another guy alone. So, it's not that they both want to room with your friend. It's one girl wants to room with him, and the other girl wants to room with the girl who is rooming with him. If they stay with him then they stay with him, or you could suggest the girls stay together and you room with your friend. Either way, you're going to have fun with your friends that you're close to on the trip, not worry about why you're rooming alone. So don't worry about things that you have no control over and enjoy your vacation!! I would actually prefer sleeping alone, so much more privacy and privileges to room by yourself ;)  BUT please don't go if you think that you're not going to be able to have fun and will have this thought in your head the whole trip. You'll be wasting money that way. Think of all the fun you'll have and don't think about anything else.

@radiocat:: http://www.chadhowsefitness.com/blog/2012/11/25-characteristics-of-an-alpha-male/ I think this is pretty accurate characteristics of an Alpha male in my opinion. Chauvinistic guy are just guys who think that by belittling others, it makes them alpha. They also feel that they have to constantly prove their worth to society, where as Alphas already know their worth and has nothing to prove to anyone but themselves. Much of what makes an Alpha male an alpha is dormant underneath his exterior where as a chauvinistic guy will try to demonstrate his "prowess" any chance he gets.

@livingforhistory

I guess it's obvious looking at my post compared to others, but I really disagree with everything the girls are saying. I highly doubt any has been in your situation, it's must less likely for a girl to be left out than a guy. Plus, I firmly believe it to be IMPOSSIBLE to "just go have fun" with "friends" when that's how you feel about the situation, whether your feeling is right or wrong. If you're right, then that just sucks, and if you're wrong about your feeling, then someone needs to clear things up for you- likely not going to happen. Anyway, hope you figure out everything alright yourself. @x0ny has the right idea, turning a bad situation into a positive thing. but then again, this is ask the ladies thread *walks away.