Quantcast
Jump to content
Guest michele17

Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Recommended Posts

Meany-chan said: Hey ladies,

A friend of mine is expecting a baby. What would be a good gift to get for her? Keep in mind that she doesn't know the sex of the baby yet. Baby onesies would be more useful, right? I know there's already a gift thread but nobody's questions get answered in that thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies,

A friend of mine is expecting a baby. What would be a good gift to get for her? Keep in mind that she doesn't know the sex of the baby yet. Baby onesies would be more useful, right? I know there's already a gift thread but nobody's questions get answered in that thread.

Personally I like being practical. So I always buy a 'baby sleeping bag'. You might want to google it. A few brands make them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

x0ny said: TL,DR; Girl loves spending time with me, really likes me, loves who I am and who I encourage her to be. Said she doesn't see herself falling IN love with me. Is it foolish for me to pursue and be persistent at it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meany-chan said: Hey ladies,

A friend of mine is expecting a baby. What would be a good gift to get for her? Keep in mind that she doesn't know the sex of the baby yet. Baby onesies would be more useful, right? I know there's already a gift thread but nobody's questions get answered in that thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,As a guy who gets hit on buy guys a lot, I really feel uncomfortable when it happens. Do you girls feel uncomfortable when it happens? I honestly wouldn't do such a thing to someone else since I feel so scared when guys hit on me, big huge burly men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cristolephe said: Hi everyone,As a guy who gets hit on buy guys a lot, I really feel uncomfortable when it happens. Do you girls feel uncomfortable when it happens? I honestly wouldn't do such a thing to someone else since I feel so scared when guys hit on me, big huge burly men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So obviously, if you found a guy attractive and he hit on you, you'd be flattered.

So does that mean unattractive guys shouldn't even try to approach girls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Looks can be pretty subjective and attractiveness can have many different factors other than appearances. 
Someone I would considered unattractive, another person might consider otherwise and vice versa. Someone who has a friendly personality and is easily approachable might notice someone's personality at first meeting rather than their looks. 
Call me a hypocrite or what have you, but I believe there are no "unattractive" people out there; there's going to be someone who likes you for who you are; appearance-wise and/or personality-wise . There's no reason for anyone to approach someone. That's just my opinion anyway. 
It's just that for me, I look at appearance first when I meet someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@suju_lovee

I don't think it's just you. Most people look at appearance first. If he's physically unappealing to you, why would you even bother making the effort to get to know him?

Also, is it possible the guys you find to be unattractive but other people find to be attractive are just objectively good looking? Like they may not be your type but they're still good looking guys objectively.

I'm talking more about objectively unattractive guys. Should they just not bother pursuing girls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

livingforhistory said:Also, is it possible the guys you find to be unattractive but other people find to be attractive are just objectively good looking? Like they may not be your type but they're still good looking guys objectively.

I'm talking more about objectively unattractive guys. Should they just not bother pursuing girls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@macloona

Can an introvert have a kickass personality? I think what you're talking about is charisma. There exists non-good looking people who have amazing charisma and can be attractive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@livingforhistory
introvert here. I has kickass personality but will only show it for the right person. Perhaps you need to meet the right person thatll trigger it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everybody who answered my question of what to get my pregnant friend. I decided to get her baby onesies of different sizes. I think it's awkward to get her diapers to be honest.


@cristolephe

Yes, it is uncomfortable especially when the guys hitting on me are older. Older men are dads, uncles, grandpas to me. Never in my life have I have ever been hit on by a guy that I knew I liked. Story of my life.

@radiocat

I would probably choose entrepreneur / businessman for a boyfriend because intelligent lawyers are sometimes associated with helping rich people/criminals and trying to intimidate the victim. I have no interest in guys who are jerks for a living. Although, businessman who travel to other countries are also associated with cheating on their S/Os. Basically, it all comes down to how the individual man is as a person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So im in this period where this girl and I arent talking due to an incident ( nothing overly major ), but yeah we arent talking. But after 2.5months she texts 'hello'...thats it....so i responded with a 'hi, how are you?' she replied with 'yeah, work is crazy, how are you?' and i decided to not continue with a question this time since in the past ive mainly been the one to initiate and continue the convos with other talk. So i just said 'yeah im just about alright'. andddd of course no reply........whats that supposed to mean? like is she just checking to see im alive or something?
Its been another 1.5 months after that and no words have been said. Should i be waiting around for her to say something a bit more than that or am i just letting myself get more hurt over time waiting?

Like, after 2.5 months of no communication, wouldnt it be i dunno, umm proper to start with a 'Hi how have you been?' rather than just a 'hello' ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meany-chan said: @cristolephe

Yes, it is uncomfortable especially when the guys hitting on me are older. Older men are dads, uncles, grandpas to me. Never in my life have I have ever been hit on by a guy that I knew I liked. Story of my life.

@radiocat

I would probably choose entrepreneur / businessman for a boyfriend because intelligent lawyers are sometimes associated with helping rich people/criminals and trying to intimidate the victim. I have no interest in guys who are jerks for a living. Although, businessman who travel to other countries are also associated with cheating on their S/Os. Basically, it all comes down to how the individual man is as a person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question for the ladies.

I got rejected on a dating site recently. I messaged this girl who I felt would be compatible with me. I'm going to be very blunt here. She's not pretty. But I thought from reading her profile, she and I would get along personality-wise. I'm making a conscious effort to lower my standards in terms of physical beauty and going more for compatibility. Obviously I know nothing about this girl but I had a feeling she and I would get along on that level. I'm not a handsome guy myself. I'm just an average guy but I feel overall I'm a good person. At least my friends and colleagues think so.

Anyhow, I sent her a nice and polite message and she turned me down. She said she was flattered but she doesn't think we'd be compatible. And that's it.

I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...