Ha Jung-Woo 하정우 [Drama “Narco-Saints” | Upcoming: Movies “Nocturnal”, “Ransomed” | Travel Reality Show “Bros on Foot”]

Helena

Guest kdramafanusa

"Beastie Boys" will open on April 30, his co-star is Yoon Kye-sang instead of Jang Hyeok.

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.htm...p;sec_id=540401

Rescue Korean Films!

'Destiny' (director Kim Hae-gon) - Song Seung-heon, Kwon Sang-woo {March 20}

'Beastie Boys" (director Yoon Jong-bin) - Yoon Kye-sang, Ha Jeong-woo {April 30}

'GP506' (director Kong Soo-chang) - Jo Hyeon-jae {April 10}

20080313.02500122000009.01M.jpg

'Beastie Boys' Yoon Kye-sang

20080313.02500122000009.02M.jpg

'Beastie Boys' Ha Jeong-woo

• 2 weeks later...

I had to post at this thread after just watching 'Unforgiven' (which I loved :D) I was so happy to find that there was a thread for Ha Jeong-woo, what a gorgeous, talented actor this man is :w00t: I'm actually surprised he hasn't done more movies seeing how talented he is. I'm going to check out more of his movies as soon as I can and hearing all the good things about 'The Chaser' on here, that movie is the next one on my list :P

Hi there AutumnLeaves..good to have another HJW's fan..yeap 'Unforgiven' is one of his best movies..it was his awesome performance in that movie that he was given the role of JiHan in 'Never Forever'

'Beastie Boys' is also known as 'The Moonlight Of Seoul'..some pics of the poster making..

Ha Jung Woo n Yoon Kye Sang

courtesy of JW La..

10.jpg

19.jpg

preview.jpg

Hi there AutumnLeaves..good to have another HJW's fan..yeap 'Unforgiven' is one of his best movies..it was his awesome performance in that movie that he was given the role of JiHan in 'Never Forever'

'Beastie Boys' is also known as 'The Moonlight Of Seoul'..some pics of the poster making..

Ha Jung Woo n Yoon Kye Sang

courtesy of JW La..

Hi inez :D I'm trying to track down Never Forever, I'd love to hear him speak english (if I'm correct in thinking he does so in that movie lol) And The Chaser sounds like my kind of movie ;) He was amazing in The Unforgiven, I thought he looked especially gorgeous with the moustache and longer hair :blush:

Lovely pics inez, what a gorgeous guy he is :wub:

Hi inez :D I'm trying to track down Never Forever, I'd love to hear him speak english (if I'm correct in thinking he does so in that movie lol) And The Chaser sounds like my kind of movie ;) He was amazing in The Unforgiven, I thought he looked especially gorgeous with the moustache and longer hair :blush:

Lovely pics inez, what a gorgeous guy he is :wub:

Hi..must tell you 'Never Forever' is awesome!!..Some hot lovescenes :sweatingbullets: and i like the way HJW speaks in English..I am yet to watch 'The Chaser'..!

HJW is not the typical gorgeous/posterboy kinda actor..but he has the charisma (ehem..like our cool Hunnie *winks*..) and his acting's amazing..

Hi..must tell you 'Never Forever' is awesome!!..Some hot lovescenes :sweatingbullets: and i like the way HJW speaks in English..I am yet to watch 'The Chaser'..!

HJW is not the typical gorgeous/posterboy kinda actor..but he has the charisma (ehem..like our cool Hunnie *winks*..) and his acting's amazing..

Well I must check out Never Forever then for the hot lovescenes with HJW *ahem* I mean for the entertainment value :rolleyes: Plus if he speaks english that's a plus. I love how the Korean language sounds but for some reason I also love it when I hear Korean actors who I like speak fluent english lol I almost combusted when I heard Lee Byung Hun speak english lol :sweatingbullets:

I always like the guys who aren't the typical/posterboy kind of actors... they are always the hottest imo :wub: You're a fan of our Hunnie inez? :w00t: You have great taste girl, you know a great actor when you see one ;)

:w00t: Our H is here.. to rock the house of HJW. LOL.

Hahaa.. must say that Mr. Ha is really working his charm on me, too :blush: (goes with the overall feeling of the thread as well.. hi inez-sis!).. I think he actually speaks better English than he did in Never Forever.. which was not that bad either.

Really want to see him in 'Chaser' and 'The Unforgiven'.. highly recommended.. huh. :blush:

---

March 20, 2008

Top stars' next work anticipated

200803201644193180ox4.jpg

Top stars including Jeon Do-yeon, Choi Min-sik, Song Kang-ho, and Seol Kyeong-gu are emerging as saviors of Korean movies. From blockbuster hits to cinematographic movies, they aim to revitalize various genres this summer.

Jeon Do-yeon, who received the Cannes Film Festival award for Best Actress for "Secret Sunshine" is working hard to finish filming "A Fine Day".

This movie is about an unemployed, single woman in her thirties who meets an ex-boyfriend and embarks on an adventure for a day.

She acts with Ha Jeong-woo, who is raising stock prices with this year's best movie, "The Chaser".

As soon as filming ends at the end of this month, they will go into the latter half of production.

Park Ji-eun, the marketing team leader of the production company said, "There isn't a definite genre and plans for marketing, but it is certain that you can see this film in theaters in the later half of the year".

Choi Min-sik is done filming "Himalaya-Where the Wind Stops".

He showed his great acting in 2004 in "Old Boy", and this is his first film in three years after "Crying Fist" in 2005.

When a Nepalese factory worker dies in an accident, Choi Min-sik's character goes to a town in the Himalayas to give his family the remains. Director Jeon Soo-il has gone to many international film festivals with movies such as "The Bird Who Stops in the Air".

Team leader Son Min-kyung of Show East, the producing company, revealed that, "Kim Hyeong-suk, who was the music director of "My Sassy Girl", is also involved. It will be premiered in the first half of this year if impossible".

Song Kang-ho, a very influential actor, will be appearing in the Western style blockbuster "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird".

It is an action movie of men who are in lawless Manchuria in the 1930s during Japanese control. It is expected to be this year's best movie, for it features other top stars such as Lee Byeong-Heon and Jeong Woo-seong.

Also, Seol Kyeong-gu will play Kang Chul-jung, and Choi Min-soo will be in "Street of Dreams", a joint production of Korea, America, and Japan.

Movie producers said, "The fact that top stars like Jeon Do-yeon and Song Kang-ho are starring means an audience of at least 1 million. There is great expectation that they will bring a new craze into the stuck movie industry.

Original article at media.daum.net

English translation by www.hancinema.net

:w00t: Our H is here.. to rock the house of HJW. LOL.

Hahaa.. must say that Mr. Ha is really working his charm on me, too :blush: (goes with the overall feeling of the thread as well.. hi inez-sis!).. I think he actually speaks better English than he did in Never Forever.. which was not that bad either.

Really want to see him in 'Chaser' and 'The Unforgiven'.. highly recommended.. huh. :blush:

Hey it's my fellow Panda Rubie :w00t: Lol I'm trying my best to rock the house of HJW *takes out a banjo and starts playing* Okay maybe not rockin', more like... barn dancin' it up lol :P

See Rubie, you also got a lot of taste ;) HJW is a very charming guy, I'm also dying to see The Chaser. He plays a baddie in that too, and we love the baddies :wub: The Unforgiven is an excellent movie, I need to watch it again. I might check out Time next, it looks good :)

Hey it's my fellow Panda Rubie :w00t: Lol I'm trying my best to rock the house of HJW *takes out a banjo and starts playing* Okay maybe not rockin', more like... barn dancin' it up lol :P

LOL.. what.. no electric guitar? :P:lol:

Always love seeing you around, H.. just lights up.. like a bulb. LOL. Hahaa.. I think HJW is really one of gifted & talented actors.. who's going to really rock everyone's socks. Without much fanfare.. he had actually delivered a number of excellent performances, slowly but surely. And not forgetting that he's already been in a semi-Hollywood movie (inez-sis, how do you consider Never Forever?).. with full English lines to boot.

Definitely going to look out for 'The Unforgiven'.. the movie has won international awards, too.

ps: H.. could you take a look at the 'Ocean's 13' capture at Hunnie thread.. that's HJW vs Matt Damon, right?

LOL.. what.. no electric guitar? :P:lol:

Always love seeing you around, H.. just lights up.. like a bulb. LOL. Hahaa.. I think HJW is really one of gifted & talented actors.. who's going to really rock everyone's socks. Without much fanfare.. he had actually delivered a number of excellent performances, slowly but surely. And not forgetting that he's already been in a semi-Hollywood movie (inez-sis, how do you consider Never Forever?).. with full English lines to boot.

Definitely going to look out for 'The Unforgiven'.. the movie has won international awards, too.

ps: H.. could you take a look at the 'Ocean's 13' capture at Hunnie thread.. that's HJW vs Matt Damon, right?

I did have an electric guitar but I had to smash it over the head of the person who tried to steal my banjo... I should have just let them take the banjo really <_< lol

Aww thanks Rubie, I always love seeing you around too. Your bulb comment made me chuckle :lol: Your right, I don't think that it matters that he hasn't done that many films. It just shows he picks his roles carefully, I really need to see Never Forever. I've just got hold of 'Time' so I'll watch that tonight :D

Yup Rubie, that indeed is Matt Damon. I think it's really cool that HJW got his role and our Hunnie got Brad Pitt :w00t:

Guest kdramafanusa

"Beastie Boys" cast Ha Jeong-woo, Yoon Kye-sang, Yoon Jin-seo on March 31st.

200803311933231118_5.jpg

200803311933231118_2.jpg

200803311933231118_3.jpg

31192455953_61000090.jpg

34388a.jpg

34363a.jpg

Source: mydaily, nocutnews, CNB

Guest AlecRuby

I am just loving the fashion sense of jung woo ssi. Although I would never let my guy wear that kind of style, I think it is unique how Jung woo ssi puts it together. I don't really like the bright dark orange pant, but it doesn't look bad on him. I love his glasses and his upper suit and his hair.

I love all his movies. He is an amazing actor. He and dong won are like my favorite series actors turn movie actors. They always pick these distinct movies that I would never think is interesting, but with them in it, they really bring out their characters. I hope jung woo ssi gets recoginze more, but i am anticipating for his next project, hopefully a tv series in the coming time, i miss watching him since H.I.T., i heard that there might be a season 2, but with hyun jung working with kwon sang woo, there are some doubts.

I visited this thread every once in a while and it was awfully quiet - until today! :)

thanks for the 'beasti boys' press pics - not a fan of orange, but somehow it works on him.

I first noticed HA when watching 'Lovers in Prague'. My first impression of him, very cute looking bodyguard/chauffer, didn't take much interest in him back then. Then I noticed he was in H.I.T, I didn't watch the series last year. BUT FINALLY saw the whole series three weeks ago, his charming prosecutor image won me over.

In three weeks period, I managed to watch most of his works dated back to 2005 except the 'Unforgiven'. I like his role in 'Never Forever' the most. He doesn't have many lines in 'Never Forever', I thought his English was only average. On some scenes, I had trouble understanding what he was saying. I have yet to hear him speaking English elsewhere other than in 'Never Forever', so I can only say it's average.

I think he has another movie in pre-production so the chances of seeing him back on tv screen is rather slim. 2007 was a good year for him, and the first quarter of 2008 has been great ...

ta200803281637461jpgthurq0.th.jpg ta200803281637462jpgthupz5.th.jpg ta200803281637473jpgthugm7.th.jpg

frm: http://www.elle.co.kr/people/PeopleView.html?AI_IDX=3276

I am just loving the fashion sense of jung woo ssi. Although I would never let my guy wear that kind of style, I think it is unique how Jung woo ssi puts it together. I don't really like the bright dark orange pant, but it doesn't look bad on him. I love his glasses and his upper suit and his hair.

I love all his movies. He is an amazing actor. He and dong won are like my favorite series actors turn movie actors. They always pick these distinct movies that I would never think is interesting, but with them in it, they really bring out their characters. I hope jung woo ssi gets recoginze more, but i am anticipating for his next project, hopefully a tv series in the coming time, i miss watching him since H.I.T., i heard that there might be a season 2, but with hyun jung working with kwon sang woo, there are some doubts.

hi there AlecRuby! good to have you here again..i somehow agree with everything you said..! (you mean Kang Dong Won?..oh yeah 'Maundy Thursday' and 'M' proved that he's an amazing actor plus he has great looks!!)

and hi anne!.. :) ..always great to have another cool fan of Ha Jung Woo here!..thanks for that Elle pics!

April 10, 2008

US Release of Gina KIM’s Never Forever

neverforevervx1.jpg

South Korean director Gina KIM’s third feature, the New York set Never Forever (2007), will receive a limited release in select cities across the US this Spring. The US-Korean co-production had its world premiere in the competition section of the 2007 Sundance Film Festival. After a release in Korea last June and various festival appearances, the film won the Jury Prize at the 33rd Deauville American Film Festival in France.

The film continues KIM's exploration of the issues of woman's relationship to her own body and bodily desires as laid out in her previous feature Invisible Light (2003). Never Forever tells the story of an upper class Caucasian woman living in New York (played by Vera Farmiga) who is unable to conceive a child with her Korean-American husband. As her husband (played by Korean-American actor David McInnis) grows increasingly despondent she attempts to get pregnant by paying a young illegal immigrant from Korea (played by HA Jung-woo) to have sex with her.

The film is to be released first in New York and San Francisco on April 11th with release dates in several other cities to follow. Director Marin Scorsese praised the film, acclaiming it “A moving experience! The performances are wonderful and touching and the style is intense and very precise.” For details of release dates and locations see below.

Nigel D'Sa (KOFIC)

April 11th.......Sunshine Theatre, New York, NY

April 11th.......Sundance Kabuki, San Francisco, CA

May 2nd........Ritz at the Bourse, Philadelphia, PA

May 9th........ImaginAsian Center, Los Angeles, CA

May 16th.......Landmark Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA

May 30th........Cinema 21, Portland, OR

Source: KOFIC, poster from CINE21

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...Gesimul_SNO=962

Source from HJW Fan Blog..hehe..(JW La pal..i hope it's ok to share.. :D )

Interesting articles..i have to watch the movie again tonite.. ;)

never_600.jpg

April 11 2008, San Fransisco Chronicle

Review: 'Never Forever' a thoughtful drama

April 11 2008, NYT

If You Embrace the Body, the Heart Might Follow

April 10, GreenCine

Gina Kim: "A Dilemma Every Woman Feels"

April 8 2008, Village Voice

Sex is Fun in Never Forever