Ha Jung-Woo 하정우 [Drama “Narco-Saints” | Upcoming: Movies “Nocturnal”, “Ransomed” | Travel Reality Show “Bros on Foot”]

Helena

Hi all,

I'm thinking also to create HJW thread.. Luckily I check the rules first and I found this thread & I LOVE IT...

After I watch Time, I've looking for everything about Ha Jung Woo.... Then, I just realized that I caught his first appearence in Madeline movie, as an ex-bf of shin minah...

So far, I've watched his movie The Unforgiven... I watch Lovers in Prague but funny enough I just can't recall...

Now, I can't wait to watch his two movies: Breath & Never Forever.... :)

More info about him, I got from Koreanwiz

HA JUNG WOO (Ha Jeong Wu)

Born: March 11, 1979

Family: father is actor Kim Yong Gun.

Height/Weight: 184 cm (6') / 75 kg (165 lbs)

School: JoongAng University

TV dramas: HIT (Jae-yoon); Lovers in Prague (Jae-hee's bodyguard)

Movies: Never Forever (2007) - As Jihah Kim; Soom/Breath (2007); Gumiho Gajok/The Fox Family (2006); Shigan/Time (2006) - As Ji-Woo; The Unforgiven (2005) - As Yu Tae-jeong; Superstar Gam Sa Yong (2004); Madeline (2003)

• 2 weeks later...

I first know Ha Jung Woo in Lover In Prague, when he played as Jeon Do Yun's body guard but like him more in H.I.T, the drama I currently hook up with. I just made the MVs check it out if you like..Below is the link.

Fanmade MV H.I.T-Success

This is the link to my fanmade MV for the OST of H.I.T (played by Ha Jung Woo and Go Hyun Jung) with the OST titled Success by Super Junior..Check it out if you like..I love this song and drama so much..Love when Jae Won and Su Jin are together..They are just such a cute couple..and Love Soo Jin's team member:

MV H.I.T - Success

Song :Success - Super Junior

Clips:Soo Jin and Jae Won's Scenes from K-Drama "H.I.T"(MBC-2007)

Guest bruhilda

I'm so happy there's a HJW thread!!! :) Being only 28 yrs old... he sure is building up an impressive movie career, quality roles keep coming his way which showcases his talent .... I'm really interested in his movie Never Forever..... Please keep this thread alive.. hope someone will make updates on his upcoming projects... :)

Thanks myownsecretmind, oink, bruhilda, rubie n everybody for infos n updates on Ha Jeong Woo!..I saw 'Time' and already ordered 'The Unforgiven' ..(finally in stock..). He's good in 'Time'..can understand why the women are all hots for him in that movie.. :P

Yes, i cannot wait for 'Never Forever ' too!

Guest coconut86

he definitely caught my eye, too, in "Time." Sadly, I didn't watch "HIT" yet...I heard the drama was pretty entertaining.

I'm pretty sure he was in "Madeleine", as well with Shin Minah and Jo In Sung. He came out as Shin Minah's old boyfriend who got her pregnant. He doesn't ahve a huge role, but you see him in some scenes. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

He attended Banana Republic Fashion Show...

banana10gi5.jpg

banana19rp2.jpg

oh yeah i am watching 'Lovers in Prague' again (coz they're screening over ch.55 cable tv here..)

hehehe..hot bodyguard/driver guy.. ;)

Hi myownsecretmind..i dont know if 'Never Forever' hit the screens in Seoul yet..but i am waiting to order it online too.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

September 6, 2007

Ji Jin-hee, Ha Jung-woo Meet Ralph Lauren

070906ent1no9.jpg

Actors Ha Jung-woo and Ji Jin-hee have been invited to the Ralph Lauren 40th Anniversary celebration event in the United States.

A Ralph Lauren official said special guests from all over the world will be attending the event to celebrate the fashion designer's 40th anniversary in the fashion industry. He added that popular Korean actors Ji Jin-hee and Ha Jung-woo will be representing Asia there.

The two actors will get together with international celebrities at the event scheduled for September 8 at the Conservatory Garden in Manhattan, New York.

Ji became popular in Asia through the hit TV drama series 'Jewel in the Palace' and 'Spring Days.' He has also attended the Venice International Film Festival with the film 'Perhaps Love.'

Ha received an award for best male actor at the Oporto International Film Festival and has attended a number of prestigious international film festivals, including the Cannes International Film Festival and the Sundance Film Festival, proving his potential as an international actor.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...6683_11858.html

September 13, 2007

Never Forever wins jury prize at Deauville

neverforever1ga8.jpg

Gina KIM's US-Korean co-production Never Forever has won the Jury Prize at the 33rd Deauville American Film Festival.

Held in Deauville, France, the annual event is considered a key annual showcase of American cinema, and is well attended by top U.S. directors and stars. The Jury Award is the second-highest honor presented at the festival.

Never Forever tells the story of an upper class Caucasian woman living in New York (played by Vera Farmiga) who is unable to conceive a child with her Korean-American husband. After her husband attempts suicide, she contacts a young illegal immigrant from Korea (played by HA Jung-woo) in an effort to conceive a child.

The film first premiered in competition at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival in January, and it was subsequently released in Korea in June. It was co-produced by the Korean company Now Film.

Gina KIM previously directed the feature Invisible Light, which premiered at the Locarno International Film Festival, and the documentary Gina Kim's Video Diary which screened at many international festivals including Berlin.

Darcy Paquet(KOFIC)

I totally love this guy in Lovers in Prague .. I always look forward to his scenes .. I watched the repeat on cable just for him and the storyline .. good that his career is taking off so smoothly ..

thank goodness for this thread that has his profile and updates ~!

• 3 weeks later...

September 28, 2007 -- a late PIFF related update

Four stars on the brink of global success

10645.jpg

From left: Takuya "Kimutaku" Kimura, Ha Jung-woo, Yu Nan and Lulu Li

Ha Jung-woo

The son of veteran actor Kim Yong-gun, Ha Jung-woo graduated from Chung-Ang University and then worked for several years in the theater before making a name for himself in movies and TV. After a couple of forgettable roles in forgettable movies, Ha's career took off thanks to a major part in Yoon Jong-bin's award-winning "The Unforgiven" (2005). He followed that with a supporting role in the hit TV series "Lovers in Prague" and two Kim Ki-duk films, "Time" (2006) and "Breath" (2007). This year has cemented his reputation with a successful TV series, "H.I.T.," and an English- language part in Gina Kim's "Never Forever," which won the Jury Award at the 33rd Deauville American Film Festival.

-- Mark Russell in Seoul

Full article at source or the News thread/12th PIFF thread ^^

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...c22bbd4169baae7

• 2 months later...