awdark

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brightrose

SAMSUNG YP-Z5

b2c_m_ypz5blkb.jpg

Capacity: 4GB (comes in black, silver & pink - I got the black)

Price: US$226

Format: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Jpeg

Features: FM radio, customised wallpapers, voice recording, text viewer, etc

Battery: Samsung claims 35 hours. It lasted 14 hours on a long flight for me, with the battery bar still full.

Player Interface: Touchpad navigation. It's pretty all right once you get the hang of it, as the touchpad is not overly sensitive.

Software: It comes with an installation CD and user manual. Charging is by USB cable, around 4 hours.

Comment: It's pretty light and easy to use, although I'd really recommend sorting and labelling your music properly before you transfer from the computer to the player. I had a bit of trouble locating songs because I hadn't bothered with actually getting down to sorting my music minutely. Audio quality is pretty good (if you're into blasting music into your ears), and the earphones are a good fit. I tried loading pics into the player, but somehow didn't work - maybe I haven't gotten the hang of it. But there's already a set of customised wallpapers in there, so you can pick and choose, or have a picture slideshow. Some people think it's not stylish enough, but it looks pretty sleek to me (the pink sucks, of course).

-drools- I LOVE that mp3 player! hopefully I will get one! ^_^

Guest orange momo

The Meizu M6 looks so CUTE!!! O.O I want one. I alreayd have a Zen Vision:M (which I love to death) but It would be nice to have a smaller player I could just have for work and on long car drives that is small and compact.

Guest vannushka

wow I'm in love with the Meizu M6. how much is this in the US? I live in australia and I haven't seen this player in the stores yet..i think i might get one off ebay soon.

that meizu player looks pretty good, maybe i'll get one...

i'm still using MDs at the moment :ph34r:

my first MP3 player was an MPMan F20 that i bought in HK in the late 90s. from memory, it had 32MB storage, parallel port extreme slowness galore, and one AA battery for 1.5 hour's worth of music, not to mention the dodgiest looking homebrew software you've ever seen... hopefully MP3 players have come a long way since those days

Samsung yp-k5

sams_yp-k5_bg.jpg

Price i purchased: $200

2 gb

30 hour battery life

Pros:

Beautiful Interface and design.

Chocolate Phone like controls

Very long battery life

Speaker in the back

Cons:

Weird headphones. Not to my liking, they look like hair dryers

No video playback

6 hours of batterylife when speakers are open

Fingerprint magnet

I am pretty happy about my purchase. I have gotten compliment after compliment about the look and the cool feature of the k5. Only thing that worrys me is the quality of the mp3 player and will it break after sliding the speaker in and out multiple times.

I got the same MP~

its nice since i get tired of headphoness >.<

I dont like the headphone that they come with eitherr...

haha many people complimented me too ^^

Guest vannushka

AHHH. I'm getting an mp3 player soon but I'm having trouble deciding between these 3

Samsung K5, Price $270 usd for 4gb

samsung-yp-k5.jpg

Pros

-speakers

-sleek design

-better battery life

-radio

Cons

-no video

-more expensive than the others

Apple Nano 8gb, Price $230usd (I can get this for cheaper thanks to a friend)

74fa_1_b.JPG

Pros

-double the space of the other two players..although I don't think I'll need 8gb

-small design

-cheap price

Cons

-not a big fan of apple

-no radio

-no video

-not so good battery life

Meizu M6, 4gb Price $230usd

27581677_o.jpg

Pros

-small and compact

-plays video

-has radio

-if i will get it, i'll buy it on ebay which means some free extras

Cons

-unsure of the brand..i know there has been good reviews

-i might take a while getting use to the buttons

It's so hard to chose.

Oh by the way, what do you guys think of the Sennheiser CX300, I was planning to get it on ebay. This one here, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-Sennheise...1QQcmdZViewItem

the price is okay but I don't want fake ones. I know they're around 60usd but this seller has had great feedback and all

hey people with the samsung k5..i got my k5 back in november..its a good player and all but i always had one problem with it..when i sync it, sometimes the same artist shows up twice when i select 'artist'..like i'll select 'artist' and then i'll scroll down to 'boa' and then i'll keep scrolling a little more and 'boa' shows up again!..it gets really annoying cause sometimes i have to rename the files on my computer and sync it again..but when i look at all the files in windows media player or samsung media studio, all the files seem to be in the right place..same thing goes for albums..if i go under 'artist', select 'boa', sometimes the same album will show up twice..like half the songs will show up in one and the other half in the other..i just downloaded some mp3s from the boa the live concert..i even named them all in itunes, gave them all the same artist, same album title (the LIVE), and even numbered them..but after i synced it, i go under 'boa' and 'the LIVE' shows up three times!..super annoying

i was wondering if anyone had the same problem or if it was just me

thanks

Guest Chillie

AHHH. I'm getting an mp3 player soon but I'm having trouble deciding between these 3

Samsung K5, Price $270 usd for 4gb

samsung-yp-k5.jpg

Pros

-speakers

-sleek design

-better battery life

-radio

Cons

-no video

-more expensive than the others

Apple Nano 8gb, Price $230usd (I can get this for cheaper thanks to a friend)

74fa_1_b.JPG

Pros

-double the space of the other two players..although I don't think I'll need 8gb

-small design

-cheap price

Cons

-not a big fan of apple

-no radio

-no video

-not so good battery life

Meizu M6, 4gb Price $230usd

27581677_o.jpg

Pros

-small and compact

-plays video

-has radio

-if i will get it, i'll buy it on ebay which means some free extras

Cons

-unsure of the brand..i know there has been good reviews

-i might take a while getting use to the buttons

It's so hard to chose.

Oh by the way, what do you guys think of the Sennheiser CX300, I was planning to get it on ebay. This one here, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-Sennheise...1QQcmdZViewItem

the price is okay but I don't want fake ones. I know they're around 60usd but this seller has had great feedback and all

I suggest you leave out the Ipod Nano.. It's seriously not worth it and you will be greatly disappointed. I know I was. Now I have a 30gb ipod video and I love that so much more.

@vannuska

I heard the CX300 is pretty good for it's price range from audiophiles. It's got good bass and pretty good noise isolation. As for the players, I would get a Meizu M6. Why? Because the screen is big, not many people have it, and it's stylish. The only con is the memory capacity, but I can deal with that.

Guest ~SWEETwhispers~

you used the USB charger right? maybe you didnt install the disc right? or your computer isnt updated enough for the program to work? thats how mine was. it only worked on one of my computers. it takes HOURS to charge from the usb, so i suggest you get a wall charger

My wall charger doesn't work and I just got it :crazy:

Well, it works but when I put it into my Vision M it doesn't work (like the light won't turn on) :mellow: :mellow:

Guest plumeria

My very first mp3 player was a Zune, though I only had it less than 24hrs turned it in and got an 30GB ipod instead.

Why? because after installing the software it somehow ruined my computer, when I download any recent video formated files

it'll detect all my videos are threats and shuts down my "My Video" folder and crash my desktop I can't even go to itunes

animation shop pro 3 to work on my gifs, can't do subtitles....nothing because of zune. I'm most likely one of the few or many who

has had problems with zune. Oh yeah and Zune's battery life is lower than ipod. What I liked about Zune was how organized it was

add to that the screen is nice and big to watch videos.

After reading reviews on other players I want a Creative Zen Vision instead of an ipod.

Guest BoSoxdirtdog

Samsung Nexus 50

316440792300overview1hh7.gif

I've had many many mp3 players. Let's see, Dell DJ, Sony, Ultra, Creative, Sandisk, Samsung, iPod, and PSP.(I still use this for trips, actually used my psp to play music for my entire wedding)

I got the xm radio for xmas and since this player comes with 1 gb of memory, I'm able to store my own music in there. It allows you to allocate 50% of the space for music and 50% for xm recording. The other option is to make it 100% for recording. The nice thing about it is that I can leave it on in record mode all night and the next morning i'll have about 8 hours of random mixed music from a particular genre (of my choice). I'm old so when I was young, I used to listen to music on the radio and have a cassette tape just incase I hear a song that I like. This player records all the songs and they are marked separately. You can organize it by artist, song title, genre, and even recording session. It also allows you to mix in your own music and add to playlist on the go.

So far I'm very satisfied with this player. XM radio is the way to go. Especially if you are thinking about subscription music.

Guest krusher

hey guys.i just got a pmp.but the original space in it is like 512MB nd they gave a 1GB memory card but are there any LARGER cards for sale?whats the largest btw?

Archived