Iexplore.exe Problem. [need Assistance]

aznboy78

My IE keeps shuting down with this message.

"IEXPLORE.exe has generated an error & will be closed by Windows. You need to restart.

An error log is being created."

Can anyone help me with this problem. This is very annoying as I'm trying to use clubbox but the my browser keeps closing.

Thanks.

Guest chriskong37

what version of internet explorer do you have: internet explorer 6 or the never release version 7?

all i can think of is that a plugin (i.e. toolbar, or any addon) to internet explorer might be causing it to crash so you may need to re-install internet explorer. if this is the case then this article from microsoft might help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

if you still have this problem it could be because something is causing conflict with your computer (i.e. viruses, spyware)

if your using version 6 i suggest an upgrade to version seven. then again saying that im still using version 6 cos i dont like 7 =\.

Recommending use of another browser in this situation is the wrong advice -_-

You have programs that are conflicting with each other, or some sort of malware on your computer causing the error.

Do system scans of spyware and viruses in safe mode.

Guest w0oki3zmah

Error Message: Iexplore.exe Has Generated Errors and Will Be Closed By Windows < if thats the message.

SYMPTOMS

When you try to start Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error message:

IEXPLORE.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will

need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

Also, when you double-click a desktop item, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following error message:

Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

Dr Watson will run and create a log file.

and if thats the case. then...

try the things on this website. theres link here. >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303728

stop downloading weird files hahaha.

Archived