Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

the-king-eternal-monarch_169.jpeg?w=650

Different Tastes of Korean Drama on Television and Streaming

Jakarta, CNN Indonesia - 

The development of streaming services in recent years has influenced the achievement of Korean drama ratings  on South Korean national and cable television channels.

Korean dramas, which are usually able to get an average rating of up to 30 percent, now mostly only last in the 6-10 percent range.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" is a drama that represents this. The drama, with big star Lee Min-ho, only got an average rating of 6-8 percent in each episode.

On the other hand, the drama managed to attract the attention of international audiences and is among the most sought-after Korean dramas and even the most popular on Netflix.

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/hiburan/20200807170720-220-533339/beda-selera-drama-korea-di-televisi-dan-streaming

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

1.  What was Kim Dam Ryung position?

2.  From what college did HJJ and Cha Si Ah graduate?

3.  How did HJJ and Heo No Ah become acquainted?

4.  How did Shim Cheung learn Korean?

5.  Where did HJJ's mother abandon him?

1. Newly Appointed Town Offical / Head/Governor.

2. KAIST

3. What? Heo No Ah was the name given by Con Artist of Mensa member Evangelist Thomas to HJJ in Spain Chruch lol. They are the same people.

4. Watching So Ji-Sub's drama on HJJ's laptop Lol.

5. Tower of Hercules.

@Min2206 LMH mentioned that he was not able to show that "dirty love".  Was there one close enough to answer the MC's question?   My poor beating heart in anticipation

Hah huh, First French Kiss Visible in K drama, for a 13+ rated Prime time show being a Romcom, he wanted to SHOW Dirty Love!!! Can I get a LMH-JJH reuinon to fulfill that desire please :( I always felt that somehow they were asked to down tune their chemistry, it flew too naturally at times.

:criesariver:

Ahh to show Adult scenes it does not need to be a TWOTM ones. It can be done in subdued manner as well. TKEM was good , but I found the deleted scene from Goblin better, someone should combine those 2 with LOTBS one.(Heirs Closet Kiss was good and passionate from LMH's end, PSH looked so unconfortable with frowny brow it just ruined my experience there)

:popcornjackson:

I get image of an Actor is very important. But so it diversity, maybe if K dramas can keep on showing divergent content , the ratings can be also be responsible with upgraded content. It should be done Classily.

(Too much First Snow, Chicken Beer, Subway, Coffee and Random Saranghe, I hope LMH gets a 30+ kiss scene not a teen one like plethora of them around)

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Hah huh, First French Kiss Visible in K drama, for a 13+ rated Prime time show being a Romcom, he wanted to SHOW Dirty Love!!! Can I get a LMH-JJH reuinon to fulfill that desire please :( I always felt that somehow they were asked to down tune their chemistry, it flew too naturally at times.

I get image of an Actor is very important. But so it diversity, maybe if K dramas can keep on showing divergent content , the ratings can be also be responsible with upgraded content. It should be done Classily.

What do you mean by divergent content @madmad min ?  My poor English here can't comprehend.  Sorry to cut your post. :wub:

Understand the point on Actor's image and yes .. you said the word Classy!  

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Epi 13 LOTBS

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

What do you mean by divergent content @madmad min ?  My poor English here can't comprehend.  Sorry to cut your post. :wub:

Understand the point on Actor's image and yes .. you said the word Classy! 

@Min2206, I guess she's referring to - series "having no limit" - Please correct me @madmad min if I'm wrong - :blush:

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

ARE YOU READY FOR THE LOTBS quiz?  @madmad min @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @Thong Thin@Nikaa94 @CallieP @syntyche @gtLmh0622 @AgentQuake and anyone and everyone who wants to take a shot at the answers.  No cheating and looking at DB!:lol:

1. town head
2. KAIST
3. HJJ was introduced as Preacher Heo No Ah by Evangelist Thomas
4. Shim Cheong pulled an all-nighter watching videos on HJJ's laptop
5. Hercules lighthouse in Spain

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, I guess she's referring to - series "having no limit" - Please correct me @madmad min if I'm wrong - :blush:

Oh I meant Different Content than the usual ones.And repetitive scenes.

As much as I love the uber popular K dramas, they all have some repetitive patterns barring few.

TKEM: was very different But again it had an unbelievable ending of them becoming time travellers which did not seem logical at point. At the end the calculations did not matter much , it left me mad. It had some very different Hot kiss scenes and initial mystery which kept you on seat.(I wish we had more Mystery Solving and JoGon content)(Prince Charming literally on a Horse,Villain was dumb why how he was written to be so strong darn)

Flower of Evil Scares you - that is something different.Hero is scary AF.(I hope it is different)

PsychoBio- Heroine was very strong but as the show winded off I felt the thrill toned down a lot. But the overall treatment was quite nice.(Again First SNOW, Childhood Connection, EVIL Mom doing stuff which made no sense)

CLOY- Ah too much fairytale , intial premise was good , then it was I don't know.

Iteawon Class-  I am yet to see it, but I know the storyline , this was something different as well.

It's just that I am bored of same ol patterns in K dramas, they become predictable after a point. I wouldn't mind a SAD ending for a EPIC Love story, or 2 girls fighting for a GUY rather than the opposite one. SFL should also be there.

what I have not seen in K dramas (Correct me if I am wrong) or wish to see with LMH as a Role.

1. Passionate lover to the point he destroys himself - KT was a kid, tune him up 100% with no one to save him, his mind destroys himself.

2. Dexter Anyone?Scary Hero.

3. Lovers with no PAST Connection, make Present Connection.

4. Second Heroine is strong enough to make First Heroine seem bad

5. Supportive Parents!!

6. LMH as a Single Father 

7. About Limitless, controversial storyline  I do not think K drama will ever show that off and I cannot write a Fanfiction . (Fatal Noona Romance)

8. Something on the lines of Mr. Fighting (C drama) in K drama, chubby Heroine as assistant to failed Actor. (It is too raw and brilliant)

9. Korean version of Xianxia - How I wish LOTBS delved into Mermaid Life More.

And yes content can be 19+.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

9 hours ago, CarolynH said:

ARE YOU READY FOR THE LOTBS quiz?  @madmad min @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @Thong Thin@Nikaa94 @CallieP @syntyche @gtLmh0622 @AgentQuake and anyone and everyone who wants to take a shot at the answers.  No cheating and looking at DB!:lol:

@CarolynH

1. townleader of Heupgok-hyun in gangwondo. (town name was mentioned in the library scene ep8)

2. Kaist 

3. Preacher Heo No Ah is HJJ ... haha you tricked us! 
4. While watching from HJJ’s laptop and by putting the laptop over her head ?. 

5. tower of Hercules. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://upreviews.net/poll/choose-your-upreviews-man-crush-monday-mcm-for-august-10-2020-episode-4309?fbclid=IwAR0RuCu8G1mS-8oaBB2a_nKSSoUouL7xt1fBujAoSbt6xuMUaF95MQCc8aU

Choose your UPreviews' Man Crush Monday (#MCM) for August 10, 2020

IMG-20200808-WA0034.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDs_JGRgfhh/

It's a bright Monday today, and the UPrators globally decided to choose the Boy over the Flowers. The poll was a very tight one at first as we didn't have a winner as at 20:00 (UTC) on Sunday, 9 August. Surprisingly, around 02:00 (UTC) on Monday, 10 August, the Lee Min Ho fans showed us what true love looks like.

So, on this week's episode of the UPreviews MCM campaign, we have none other than the Korean Drama King, Lee Min Ho (이민호)

What do we know about Lee Min Ho?

Lee Min Ho (@actorleeminho) is a Korean actor, singer, and a model from Seoul, Korea. He was born on June 22, 1987 in Seoul. He is currently one of the most famous entertainers on the planet Earth, famous for his roles in Korean drama series like Boys over Flowers in 2009, Personal Taste in 2010, City Hunter in 2011, The Heir in 2013, Legend of the Blue Sea in 2016, and The King: Eternal Monarch in 2020.

His fame became widespread in 2009 when he played the Gu Jun Pyo role in the Boys over Flowers drama series.

Lee Min Ho's career life also reads the fact that failures sometimes are necessary. As a young boy, Lee Min Ho always dreamt of becoming a footballer for the Korean national team. He was selected to train under a former South Korean football manager and ex football player Cha Bum-Kun, but an accident in his 5th grade put his aspirations to a stop. Who would have imagined seeing Lee Min Ho play football, how would he have looked like?

Lee Min Ho became the first Korean celebrity to have a wax figure made in his fine image at Madame Tussauds with figures being unveiled in Shanghai in 2013, and Hong Kong in 2014.

Lee Min Ho also is the actor who has billions of hearts in his possession as he has stolen the hearts of many young ladies around the world.

What else have we not mentioned about "oppa"?

I have noticed lately it seems like the International media and fans are starting to realize that LMH is one of the biggest actors walking earth right now in the flesh which means recognition and brand growth. His been gradually growing thru out the years. 

When it comes down to his next project I may differ from others but I will tune in for him whatever he choses. 

I was thinking maybe a big budget gangster movie with star-subbed cast where it takes place in modern day not a period gangster. The casting in this gangster movie has to be big names on every single character and by that I mean big names from the industry and in order to create an action filled gangster film with the biggest gangster war ever taking towards the end of the film or middle of the film. 

I would like to see some of my favourite actors casted Lee Jung Jae, hwang jung min, Ma Dong-seok, Um Tae-Goo, Kim rae-won, Lee Kwang-soo, Jang Dong-gun, Kim Bum, Choi Min-sik, Park Sung-woong plus filled with a strong supporting cast with name. 

making such movie can cost alot of money but worth very penny titled literally ''Gangster Paradise'' (in honor of Coolio's track hit) The violence has to be increased to a level never seen before and the big gangster battle has to become a bloodfeast. You split them into two gangster organizations with their own narratives and storylines and then their worlds collide and it has to be something fresh not the departed, Martin scorese, or Tarantino inspired but rather a unique take. This will send Netflix in frenzy and important to release it there as it will become major hit there

• Like 6

On 8/11/2020 at 11:32 AM, Min2206 said:

Thanks @Edgar Pordwed for sharing the clip.   This is new to me.  Didn't know he sang an Eng number in one of him FMs.  Everyday I find something new about LMH

He has sung English, Chinese and Japanese songs at various events. 

I found one of him singing Happy Birthday in English. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

what I have not seen in K dramas (Correct me if I am wrong) or wish to see with LMH as a Role.

1. Passionate lover to the point he destroys himself - KT was a kid, tune him up 100% with no one to save him, his mind destroys himself.

2. Dexter Anyone?Scary Hero.

3. Lovers with no PAST Connection, make Present Connection.

4. Second Heroine is strong enough to make First Heroine seem bad

5. Supportive Parents!!

6. LMH as a Single Father 

7. About Limitless, controversial storyline  I do not think K drama will ever show that off and I cannot write a Fanfiction . (Fatal Noona Romance)

8. Something on the lines of Mr. Fighting (C drama) in K drama, chubby Heroine as assistant to failed Actor. (It is too raw and brilliant)

9. Korean version of Xianxia - How I wish LOTBS delved into Mermaid Life More.

And yes content can be 19+.

Thanks @madmad min for the detailed explanation.  Looking through your nos 1 to 9  - not sure what dexter is but yeah, the characters you defined are pretty interesting.  LOL , I have to look up what is xianxia or wuxia - mythology immortal fantasy hero!  LMH as a parent (soon) but before that, can we have him in totally fatal noona romance.   OTOH, replaying the clip which consolidates his fighting and flying skills wants him to be in action movie as well.   Argghh, so many choices!

23 minutes ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

He has sung English, Chinese and Japanese songs at various events. 

I found one of him singing Happy Birthday in English. 

@Edgar Pordwed My mom is wondering why i am smiling like an idiot here , singing  HB song.   Well, it's LMH singing - his voice!   :highonflowers:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Whether it be Fatal Noona romance or Non-fatal romance

:Megalol:

Hhaha, Let him rest a Bit, Fullbaked Freshly Fresh script without fatality should be Good.

Patience bears Good Fruits.

@Min2206 xianxia is Like All fantasy Realm(Heaven, Demon,Water,Floral,Bird etc) , The Characters are Mythological Gods(Fire God, Water God,Flower God) and Animals in Human Form(9 tailed Fox, Phoenix,Dragon etc). ( You can try watching Ashes Of Love or Ten Miles of Peach Blossom , though I would prefer the former as a starter to fantasy xianxia C drama , they are short in duration but Long on episode count, worth watching though).

@Joanna Alfson 

Dirty love as in 21+ dirty love? I am thinking something like 365 days that was recently on netflix and by the way I didn't like that movie they made the ML a little bit to savage if they had tone down his character little bit the movie could have worked just fine for me because the premise was not bad.

Or just 21+ movie with different take and premise because you can do alot of things with 21+ movies. Cough 51 shade of grey cough! hahaha just kidding with you folks chilax but just the image of LMH toying with a hot actress is in my head can't unsee.

But aside from all the jokes it would work rather good with a mature actress and in an entirely different setting with a fresh IP and storyline

I would love a 21+ Show (My idea IFF I could write a FF including Kdrama cliches was to have a Noona being LMH Fatal ex (seperation led his character to madness )now his Suprising Stepmother (who only came back to take revenge from his Father, because he did evil stuff to separate the then Ex who was poor to His Son's rich status) ), and then we have sweet second lead equally strong as main female lead. Our ML LMH being a passionate mad fatal lover of his EX while trying to stay away.Also him being Sauve and Angry and only sweet to second female lead. Wow.

This checks out Past Connection-K drama cliche

Fatal Noona Romance 

Chaebol and Poor Lady-Again K drama cliche

Evil Parent

SFL syndrome for once

And 21+ with National TV accepted adult scenes.(No FSOG)

But I am no screenwriter. And bad at FF. Screenwriters lurking at soompi please have this show , (I also have the 2 Fls in mind woowoowoo)

:cries3:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

27 minutes ago, madmad min said:

@Min2206 xianxia is Like All fantasy Realm(Heaven, Demon,Water,Floral,Bird etc) , The Characters are Mythological Gods(Fire God, Water God,Flower God) and Animals in Human Form(9 tailed Fox, Phoenix,Dragon etc). ( You can try watching Ashes Of Love or Ten Miles of Peach Blossom , though I would prefer the former as a starter to fantasy xianxia C drama , they are short in duration but Long on episode count, worth watching though).

I would love a 21+ Show (My idea IFF I could write a FF including Kdrama cliches was to have a Noona being LMH Fatal ex (seperation led his character to madness ) now his Suprising Stepmother (who only came back to take revenge from his Father, because he did evil stuff to separate the then Ex who was poor to His Son's rich status) ), and then we have sweet second lead equally strong as main female lead. Our ML LMH being a passionate mad fatal lover of his EX while trying to stay away.Also him being Sauve and Angry and only sweet to second female lead. Wow.

I have tried watching one or two xianxia C-dramas but I could not finish them due to the long nos of episodes!    I am still trying to find time to finish LOTBS .. hehe - thanks for the recommendation.   

And @madmad min I like how your mind works on your FF .. :sweatingbullets: stepmom vs 2nd FL ...  

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

Fan meetings have been cancelled since the start of the lockdowns early this year. Artists mostly do online concerts and fan meetings now. 

I remember LMH saying last year, I think, that he wants to have a fan meeting after the airing of "The King." And then the pandemic happened. And because of that, his scheduled fan meeting at Shinsegae Chosun Hotel was cancelled. But I don't mind if he does a virtual fan meeting now, after "The King" has concluded.   

yes please!! a virtual fan meeting is awesome!! :please:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

I have tried watching one or two xianxia C-dramas but I could not finish them due to the long nos of episodes!    I am still trying to find time to finish LOTBS .. hehe - thanks for the recommendation.   

And @madmad min I like how your mind works on your FF .. :sweatingbullets: stepmom vs 2nd FL ...  

Top Secret Imagination with a bit of Shirtless LMH in 21+ show:exercice:Lol.

@Nikaa94 Virtual Fan Meeting Is like a Trap for Shipper and unnecessary Troll Flies unfortunately. His feed will be swamped in no time with useless stuff

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

Hhaha, Let him rest a Bit, Fullbaked Freshly Fresh script without fatality should be Good.

Patience bears Good Fruits.

yes, i want the BEST script and the BEST PD for our Min Ho!! :transforms:

the script has to be well-baked chocolate cake with cherries on top. :D Fresh cake with layers of depth and PPL within the cake and not on top. also, sweet cake delivering sweet yet intense romance :transforms:

3 hours ago, madmad min said:

(I also have the 2 Fls in mind woowoowoo)

who??

you can share that in spoiler :D 

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

9 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

When it comes down to his next project I may differ from others but I will tune in for him whatever he choses. 

I was thinking maybe a big budget gangster movie with star-subbed cast where it takes place in modern day not a period gangster. The casting in this gangster movie has to be big names on every single character and by that I mean big names from the industry.

making such movie can cost alot of money but worth very penny titled literally ''Gangster Paradise'' (in honor of Coolio's track hit) The violence has to be increased to a level never seen before and the big gangster battle has to become a bloodfeast. You split them into two gangster organizations with their own narratives and storylines and then their worlds collide and it has to be something fresh not the departed, Martin scorese, or Tarantino inspired but rather a unique take. This will send Netflix in frenzy and important to release it there as it will become major hit there

I like the idea where you cast big names and just fill up the entire cast. The budget is gonna be gigantic for this one that is the only issue. I could assume anywhere around $70mio and I mean if you truly come thru with casting all the actors you named plus an additional big supporting casts but in that case making it a trilogy gangster movie would be even better with 3 parts and filming it in one go. I saw a report here just today speaking about the highest paid actors and it seems like 80% of their payments come from netflix and seems like they have been generous. 

If the script is top notch and everything of the storyline hangs together great and good enough to create a classic gangster trilogy then I could see Netflix opening it's bank account and splashing cash.  

I like LMH in gangster movies his the king of swagger. The way he walked into that mud scene is still fresh in my head and probably the most swagger on display I have ever seen in my life. The way he walks and everything just so much flamboyance

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@Edgar Pordwed @syntyche  Thanks for posting those throwback clips of LMH singing.

I love ballad singer LMH!  So sweet!!

I really like "Milk Tea."

"Falling Slowly" is another one that I like:

cto

I also love rocker LMH!  So hot!!

"Stalker":

cto

10 hours ago, madmad min said:

5. Supportive Parents!!

Yes.  I laughed out loud!  Is there a k-drama with two functioning, loving parents?  (Actually, I can think of some weekend dramas.)

What I'd  like to see for LMH is a drama where we're thinking about more than the OTP.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1