Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I was just wondering where is @Nikaa94, we need her every other day post regarding LMH's next project hehehehe......

I was going to chime in last night but i was watching faith. 

Have you seen it?

I heard about "my girlfriend gumiho" and know the story but I never watched it. I am not a fan of Hong sisters' dramas. I ended up dropping two of them (HDL+TGL). But the genre of MGG is obvious, which is fantasy rom- comedy. 

I haven't posted lately about "next project" cause I have lost my energy and hope :joy:  No one hears my voice, Not LMH and neither MYM. 

I was reading some twits and they also said that LMH always take some time off after his projects. TBH, we also know this too. But I refuse to accept it :joy: That is why I keep posting and talking about his next project as if I know he will come back soon but deep down and in reality he will not come back any time now. Also, if LMH indeed wants an experienced and star writer, most of them are busy. 

I guess finally I am facing reality... :brokenheart:

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

I heard about "my girlfriend gumiho" and know the story but I never watched it. I am not a fan of Hong sisters' dramas. I ended up dropping two of them (HDL+TGL). But the genre of MGG is obvious, which is fantasy rom- comedy. 

I haven't posted lately about "next project" cause I have lost my energy and hope :joy:  No one hears my voice, Not LMH and neither MYM. 

I was reading some twits and they also said that LMH always take some time off after his projects. TBH, we also know this too. But I refuse to accept it :joy: That is why I keep posting and talk about his next project as if I know he will come back soon but deep down and in reality he will not come back any time now.

I guess I am facing reality... :brokenheart:

Yeah... totally understand. we all know that but we are still in denial stage, am i right? Also, Looking at Hong Sister's track records, they also don't write strong male character. Don't get me wrong, i love female empowerment and such, but what i mean strong character has more to do with personal journey, character arc, etc etc.... you all have heard it from me about my obsession with multi layered and fleshed out character. And Hong Sister doesn't seems to write something like that for their ML. So yeah...no Hong Sister. 

Even if he takes a break, can we hear news about him considering some project? even later on decline....that's ok, we need some crumbs :(

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Yeah... totally understand. we all know that but we are still in denial stage, am i right? Also, Looking at Hong Sister's track records, they also don't write strong male character. Don't get me wrong, i love female empowerment and such, but what i mean strong character has more to do with personal journey, character arc, etc etc.... you all have heard it from me about my obsession with multi layered and fleshed out character. And Hong Sister doesn't seems to write something like that for their ML. So yeah...no Hong Sister. 

Even if he takes a break, can we hear news about him considering some project? even later on decline....that's ok, we need some crumbs :(

scrawfoooooooord!!! :smooches3::gangnamstyle:

YESSSS!! 10000%% agree!!  Hong sisters do not writer strong and well-developed ML and I am LMH's fan and not his FL's fan :joy:  Minoz priority is always LMH!! I want well-written character with arc and layers like you said for LMH. 

When LMH has so much talent, why should he work with Hong sisters AND similar writers to waste his talent?

edit: yes, we are in denial stage :D But we would appreciate some rumors, fake come back news, and other crumbs :( 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

scrawfoooooooord!!! :smooches3::gangnamstyle:

YESSSS!! 10000%% agree!!  Hong sisters do not writer strong and well-developed ML and I am LMH's fan and not his FL's fan :joy:  Minoz priority is always LMH!! I want well-written character with arc and layers like you said for LMH. 

When LMH has so much talent, why should he work with Hong sisters AND similar writers to waste his talent?

edit: yes, we are in denial stage :D But we would appreciate some rumors, fake come back news, and other crumbs :( 

Are we back to look for a writer and PD for him ?

:joy:

• LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

OMG!!!  :mrgreen:

i would be lying if said no :rickroll::popcornjackson:

So there is this Male writer (Let's do that for a change since most writer are female), his name is Park San Yeon. He is most know for Writing The Arthdal Chronicle, Now, before we say "arthdal is a flop", while it's not really my cup of tea, i think the story was interesting and it shows that this writer challenge himself and writer interesting story, plus he has netflix connection, so.....his drama could be another Netflix Produce drama. Just thinking :)

ps: He also wrote 6 flying dragon, and while i haven't seen it, Yoo Ah In was one of the cast, and he is one the SK actor i respect. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, scrawford said:

So there is this Male writer (Let's do that for a change since most writer are female), his name is Park San Yeon. He is most know for Writing The Arthdal Chronicle, Now, before we say "arthdal is a flop", while it's not really my cup of tea, i think the story was interesting and it shows that this writer challenge himself and writer interesting story, plus he has netflix connection, so.....his drama could be another Netflix Produce drama. Just thinking :)

ps: He also wrote 6 flying dragon, and while i haven't seen it, Yoo Ah In was one of the cast, and he is one the SK actor i respect. 

wow! Good discussion! 

I heard about AC and also 6FD :D I know 6FD was a good drama and I heard it had good reviews. I like writers who challenge themselves and write different stories. This shows that he has the talent to produce good drama if he works hard. I haven't watched AC but it looks different to me. It doesn't seem like a typical Korean drama. If this writer can writer interesting stories and has good connection with Netflix, then he is also capable of creating well-written ML with good arc.  Am I right? Do you think the MLs in his dramas are well-written?? Is this writer free now??:mrgreen:

Yes, I know YAI and I also know he is a good actor (I watched a drama from him called SF). 

edit: i just checked profiles of the two writers for AC and 6FD, they seem to be great writers and have produced good dramas before :D They also seem to be interested in Saeguk and historical dramas. 

http://asianwiki.com/Kim_Young-Hyun_(screenwriter)

http://asianwiki.com/Park_Sang-Yeon

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

wow! Good discussion! 

I heard about AC and also 6FD :D I know 6FD was a good drama and I heard it had good reviews. I like writers who challenge themselves and write different stories. This shows that he has the talent to produce good drama if he works hard. I haven't watched AC but i looks different to me. It doesn't seem like a typical Korean drama. If this writer can writer interesting stories and has good connection with Netflix, then he is also capable of creating well-written ML with good arc.  Am I right? Do you think the MLs in his dramas are well-written?? Is this writer free now??:mrgreen:

Yes, I know YAI and I also know he is a good actor (I watched a drama from him called SF). 

edit: i just checked profiles of the two writers for AC and 6FD, they seem to be great writers and have produced good dramas before :D 

http://asianwiki.com/Kim_Young-Hyun_(screenwriter)

http://asianwiki.com/Park_Sang-Yeon

I watched A couple episodes of Arthdal and i dropped it, but that's probably due to i just got done watching Game Of Throne, not gonna lie there are a lot of similar element with the different types and and fantasy background. So i can't vouch much regarding the Male character arc, however.... I heard Song Joong Ki supposedly had a strong character and he played double role who were opposites.

Now on to the PD. The Arthdal PD is Kim Won-Suk and he directed Arthdal(fantasy), My Mister/My Ajhussi (Life drama), and Signal (Time travel/Mystery). Those are 3 different genre and all dramas are well done and two of them (My Mister and Signal) are critically acclaim, that had high ratings for cable dramas and both Won the best drama in Baeksang. I don't mind him getting to collaborate with that PD.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

what is your opinion about the writer we are currently discussing? I want to know more opinions about different Minoz :D :approves:

Artdal is awful drama, SJK's character crawl through 12 eps I never like this drama.And Directing is awful too.So boring.

0l6PNa.gifrAmWf2.gif

Spoiler

amqV3e.gif5I1Z63.gif

tJcPFI.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Artdal is awful drama, SJK's character crawl through 12 eps I never like this drama.And Directing is awful too.So boring.

Like I said on my previous post, I have only seen the first 2 episode of arthdal, not sure about the character, but I feel like the directing is right for the series, granted that I only saw 2 episode, however I can vouch for signal (the same PD) it’s well directed! While i was watching TKEM, I wished that KES would collaborated with signal PD. Maybe he is good for mystery type drama. I have never seen my ajhussi but that’s another drama that a lot of avid Kdrama praise and it won Baeksang too. So maybe arthdal is his flop for him heheheheh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

hehehe I think we all know, more than anyone, a “flop” in Korea does not mean a flop overall. Arthdal scored around 6-7% so it’s by no means horrible in ratings. It may not have performed up to expectations but it’s not bad. I also heard they performed well on Netflix. Sounds familiar?

That being said, I watched it for sjk but I didn’t like it that much. It was ok. I’m not sure whether I like or dislike the writer, I haven’t seen enough to make a judgement but I will credit him for coming up with something different. Arthdal is definitely not your typical Korean drama. I think the main problem with it is that it’s a season show so season 1 was quite slow and nothing really happened. I’m assuming season 2 will be more interesting. 

If we’ve learned one thing though, it’s that hit writers don’t always make hits and just because they make hits doesn’t mean we are satisfied with the story/character lol. I have a few writers I don’t want to see lmh work with but I’m open to the idea of any other writer. My request is no fantasy and no rom-com. That’s not too much to ask for right? Lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

12 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

hehehe I think we all know, more than anyone, a “flop” in Korea does not mean a flop overall. Arthdal scored around 6-7% so it’s by no means horrible in ratings. It may not have performed up to expectations but it’s not bad. I also heard they performed well on Netflix. Sounds familiar?

That being said, I watched it for sjk but I didn’t like it that much. It was ok. I’m not sure whether I like or dislike the writer, I haven’t seen enough to make a judgement but I will credit him for coming up with something different. Arthdal is definitely not your typical Korean drama. I think the main problem with it is that it’s a season show so season 1 was quite slow and nothing really happened. I’m assuming season 2 will be more interesting. 

If we’ve learned one thing though, it’s that hit writers don’t always make hits and just because they make hits doesn’t mean we are satisfied with the story/character lol. I have a few writers I don’t want to see lmh work with but I’m open to the idea of any other writer. My request is no fantasy and no rom-com. That’s not too much to ask for right? Lol. 

I'm curious, who are the writers you don't want LMH to work with? I Agree with you, no Fantasy or Rom com. That's why i mentioned Arthdal PD, because he has done various of genre and Arthdal Aside, the other two dramas i mentioned were critically acclaimed and won Baeksang, so looks like he is quite versatile.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Like I said on my previous post, I have only seen the first 2 episode of arthdal, not sure about the character, but I feel like the directing is right for the series, granted that I only saw 2 episode, however I can vouch for signal (the same PD) it’s well directed! While i was watching TKEM, I wished that KES would collaborated with signal PD. Maybe he is good for mystery type drama. I have never seen my ajhussi but that’s another drama that a lot of avid Kdrama praise and it won Baeksang too. So maybe arthdal is his flop for him heheheheh

I watched My Ajussi but it is boring in the beginning (like Reply PD series)  you should be patient to love it and I am not sure but I watched 7-8 eps :D it isn't a drama that everyone can like it.So if LMH act in like this drama, everyone says" it is boring"

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I watched My Ajussi but it is boring in the beginning (like Reply PD series)  you should be patient to love it and I am not sure but I watched 7-8 eps :D it isn't a drama that everyone can like it.So if LMH act in like this drama, everyone says" it is boring"

Chingu, i get it. i Think any Drama with LMH bound to get pick apart, so....It's hard to pin point what would be the best project for him. However, whatever drama He chooses, if it's really good, especially if it's succesful in showcasing his acting more so than the Glitz of the drama itself, I think it will be hard for them criticize him. Now we are here again, What project will he choose? heheheheh

Ps: i checked My Ajhussi Trailer and it looks like my cup of tea hehehehe... might have to give it a try

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I'm curious, who are the writers you don't want LMH to work with? I Agree with you, no Fantasy or Rom com. That's why i mentioned Arthdal PD, because he has done various of genre and Arthdal Aside, the other two dramas i mentioned were critically acclaimed and won Baeksang, so looks like he is quite versatile.

Lol, I’ve been vocal about who I don’t want. Like a lot of people here, no Hong Sisters. I’ve watched 2 of their projects and have enjoyed both but I can’t deal with ghosts. I closed my eyes half of the time I watched HDL and honestly, I only started watching because I had nothing to watch and there was hype around the drama lol. 

Other writers include writer Kim and writer Park. Yes, yes, they did great for lmh but I wish to not see another collaboration. Unless writer Kim wants to write another critically acclaimed script, I say no. And well, writer park is always a no for me because her writing is shallow. 

Also no to Song Jae Jung, writer of W and Memories in Alhambra. I’ve watched many of her works and always walked away feeling unsatisfied. She’s also known for writing fantasy, which I think lmh should take a break from. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

42 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Now we are here again, What project will he choose? heheheheh

Ps: i checked My Ajhussi Trailer and it looks like my cup of tea hehehehe... might have to give it a try

Your ideas are slightly outdated imho and I am going to explain why and only when it comes to modern mainstream audience interest etc etc

Imagine your holding a big feast and you have 1000s of guests and they are hungry but you put on the table only caviar and soda? all tho Caviar is expensive and only for the rich but it's not everyones taste because it's sticking fish eggs and not everyone will feast on that or there majority will just drink the soda and chat for awhile and just leave but what you need in this situation is to put something eatable on the table. Not something like signal because you have to consider the audience age-range on top of that and not everyone is gonna eat that and people expect everything LMH to be eatable because his massive fandom will come to feast but they ain't eating caviar. Thats why your ideas are outdated and it doesn't mean someone has 1000s of awards that they can belt out such shows that is eatable and you also have to keep in mind what the specific actor is seeking and where they are in their career. So imho if LMH does something like Signal, sky castle, Miseang or other slice of life etc etc there will be backlash it will come from within his fandom.

If there is no TKEM S2 I would prefer him doing another big budget 50mio USD fantasy, mysticals, suspense drama and couple of movies on the side and the series comes with multiple seasons so that he doesn't have to use time jumping from drama to drama

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Your ideas are outdated imho and I am going to explain why. 

Imagine your holding a big feast and you have 1000s of guests and they are hungry but you put on the table only caviar and soda? all tho Caviar is expensive and only for the rich but it's not everyones taste because it's sticking fish eggs and not everyone will feast on that or there majority will just drink the soda and chat for awhile and just leave but what you need in this situation is to put something eatable on the table. Not something like signal because you have to consider the audience age-range on top of that and not everyone is gonna eat that and people expect everything LMH to be eatable because his massive fandom will come to feast but they ain't eating caviar. Thats why your ideas are outdated and it doesn't mean someone has 1000s of awards that they can belt out such shows that is eatable. 

If there is no TKEM S2 I would prefer him doing another big budget 50mio USD fantasy, mysticals, suspense drama and couple of movies on the side and the series comes with multiple seasons so that he doesn't have to use time jump from drama to drama

Chingu, just curious, where in my post did I mentioned about LMh being in a drama like Signal? (Signal is the 10th Highest rated Cable Drama in SK btw) :).  I mentioned the PD of signal because he had done various of Genre and one of them is Arthdal Chronicle, and that is big budget drama. So i mentioned PD Kim Won-Suk in my original post because he can handle Big Budget drama and has Netflix Connection. However i did say that I wish Kim Eun Suk had collaborate with Signal PD in TKEM because he seems to know how to handle Time Travel type drama and that is all.

I am aware that i have mentioned my desire to see LMH in critical  Acclaim Drama, and I also expressed my wish to see LMH once again become a Goryeo General like he did in Faith, but this time in more High Budget drama, like Game Of Thrones scale or Kingdom, in Netflix fully Produce drama. But to have the character Arch of Maximus in Gladiator. 

Again, I am not oppose for big Budget drama for him, but something that will utilized his acting skill. It's posible to have a good fleshed out character in high budget drama :)

• Like 8