Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

The Best Korean Dramas You Should Binge Watch in 2020

The King: Eternal Monarch

the-king-746x420.jpg

The King: Eternal Monarch that stars Lee Min Ho recently concluded and the drama series received a great response from the audience, being a major success globally. The drama has everything that will keep you hooked as it has a handsome king, a parallel universe and time travel. The King time travels and falls in love with a detective Jung Tae Eul. They work together and bring justice to all the wrong that has happened.

https://www.ccdiscovery.com/the-best-korean-dramas-you-should-binge-watch-in-2020

The King, And More: 7 Netflix Shows and Movies For Hopeless Romantics

09151955-mv5bntq4ywzkztqtyjywzi00ogvklwi

The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

09151842-mv5bowe3zjmzzmetmmjlzi00yta1lwe

After witnessing the murder of his king father at the hands of his own uncle, Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) assumes the role as ruler of the Kingdom of Corea. One day, after chasing a mysterious rabbit into the forest, Lee Gon enters a mysterious portal to a parallel world – Republic of Korea and unexpectedly meets Detective Jeong Tae-Eul (Kim Go Eun). After he meets Jo Eun-Sup (Woo Do-Hwan), the happy-go-lucky public service worker doppelganger of his skilled and stoic Chief Royal Guard Jo Yeong (played by the same actor), he then realises that the two parallel worlds mirror each other with identical people living different lives in each world.

https://ph.asiatatler.com/life/kissing-booth-2-the-king-eternal-monarch-and-more-seven-netflix-originals-for-the-romantic-at-heart

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

HAHAHA!! :joy:

Read this---> "After 5 years, LG finds his way back to his own universe and also JTE's universe." :approves:

I didn't elaborate more! LOL! But my ending is indeed happy ending! hahah!! 

edit: I don't like sad endings for Korean dramas :D 

@Nikaa94, me too, I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories. :blush:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, willenette said:

?

@Nikaa94, me too, I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories. :blush:

yessss!! :gangnamstyle::happydance:

I don't think I can ever accept a sad ending drama for LMH.. 

By the way, who is that actor in you profile picture? Your profile looks cool! :glasses:

11 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

LMH has high ratings drama before (Heirs: 25%, BOF: 36%, LOTBS: 21%, CH: 20%). He is popular and established in SK. He has a very good image (A simple news of his IG update tops Naver news and gathers attention from media and Korean people). He is also a world star! He doesn't have to worry about ratings when he has already achieved it before but we don't know exactly what he wants. Does he want his next project to be hit and popular in SK? or does he not care and will choose what he wants without thinking about ratings? Does her prefer to go with Netflix original series like Kingdom and do 2 seasons? Does he want to get away from K-drama land and go into movie world? 

@Nikaa94 hahaha - I'm sure all actors want their projects a HIT/box-office.  About popularity of their project in SK? I'm not entirely sure this is true anymore, but it may be. For a long time, movies were higher prestige than television. Whether it was because movies came first, and TV was seen as infringing on the audience, I don't know. I haven't researched it in detail, but I know for a long time movie stars were seen as more prestigious, and that TV was considered second-tier, and moving from TV to movies was stepping up. I remember reading a long time ago that in Japan it was the opposite. When an actor landed a TV role, then they were considered to have stepped up. For me, movies used to offer a greater breadth of material to explore, meaning -”artistic freedom". With TV being driven by ad revenue, shows generally to be a lot more market-driven and play it safer, sticking to what's worked in the past -- advertisers aren't going to get behind a show if it pushes boundaries too far. Furthermore, on TV broadcast there are restrictions on how much sex, violence, and other adult content you can get away with showing, so that dumb things down even further. The result is you tend to get "safe" shows, which some great actors might not find all that interesting. One thing more, doing dramas require TIME. Most television series are huge commitments of time. Like months on end. Even if you are not the protagonist, you may have to return for reshoots, ADR (additional dialogue recording) and promotional tours. Films are relatively compact entities where you make the film, do additional shooting/reshoots, some ADR and CGI rework and then some promotional. It's rare when the time spent on making a film exceeds that spent making a television series. Actors often do not want to commit themselves to working on one role for the length of time that a successful series can run. Films pay more & TV series often require years of being devoted to the same character. Well, everything likely comes down to money. A-list stars are expensive. Once you've had your big break, the cost of hiring you goes up. Many TV shows don't have massive budgets for A-list talent. :blush:

19 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

By the way, who is that actor in you profile picture? Your profile looks cool! :glasses:

@Nikaa94, it's RAIN! :grin:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

"The King" Episode 1 BTS

cr: minoz_moonshine

EcsAC2WU4AYLLlB?format=jpg&name=large

Ecr_4KiUcAABZab?format=jpg&name=large

Ecr_5FGU8AEdTz4?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Ecr_3n-UEAESpRk?format=jpg&name=large

Ecr_4reUYAAx2um?format=jpg&name=large

EcsADUhUYAYZeLI?format=jpg&name=large

Excerpts from LMH's interview for "Gangnam Blues" five years ago in Japan

(rough translation)

Q. There have been many movie offers so far, but please tell me why you chose "Gangnam Blues" as your first starring movie.

Minho: Up until now, I have played a lot of roles with love stories and images of princes throughout the drama, but in the movie I wanted to appear in strong images, deep, and meaningful works.・I met director Ha and decided to appear in this movie.

Q. There are a lot of action scenes that appear quite intense, but I heard that you were also injured during the shooting. What kind of injury did you have?

Minho: When you shoot action scenes, there are always some injuries. This time too, it was not a major injury, but I had a small injury such as the toenail being removed or twisting somewhere.

Q. There were various shootings, but what is the most difficult scene?

Minho: It's the highlight of the movie, where there was an action scene in the mud. It's a scene that I've been shooting for about a week, and I had a hard time shooting with about 150 people.

Q. I think that Jong Dae, who was played by Lee Min-ho, had a very difficult role in expressing emotions, which swayed between his ambition to own his own land and the friendship with Young Lee played by Kim Rae-won. Please tell us of your intentions in performing.

Minho: First of all, I thought about portraying a youth who had such an unbearable feeling. When I saw the script, I felt that the background has changed, but that it will be replaced in the present era. Even now, people in their early twenties enjoy their youth, but I think they are thinking about how to live and how to live a better life. I performed with an emphasis on such places.

Q. Please tell us the highlight of "Gangnam Blues". Also, please tell us if you have a personal favorite scene of Jong Dae.

Minho: Until now, I have played the role of a chaebol, but in this movie, my role appears as an unconventional figure. I would like you to watch it while following Jong Dae's emotional lines. And there is a scene in the movie where I went to Yeongdeungpo, but the feeling at that time is "You can't stay like this. You can't be like this anymore, you have to change something." With that thought, Jong Dae begins to move. The surroundings are drawn in montages, so I would like you to pay close attention to those parts as well.

Q. As the last question, I think that this became a memorable work for you as your first appearance in a movie in a long time in your home country. Has there been some changes in your attitude and feelings about acting by appearing in this work.

Minho: Actually, there is a reason why I didn't appear in the movies for so long, but because of the nature of the movie genre, I have to take a lot of responsibility when I take the lead role, and there is a feeling of emotion and depth. There is a point that you have to digest and express your emotions. I wanted to make a full-scale lead role in a movie when I was at an age that could accept such a thing. And this time, the starting point is "Gangnam Blues", so I would like to express my deep emotions while walking through dramas and movies. I will continue to show good performance to everyone and continue to grow. I would like to say hello to everyone again with such an appearance.

http://travel.innolife.net/innoreport/list.php?ac_id=26&ai_id=14815

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Here Are The 5 Solid Celebrity Friendship On and Off-Screen

here-are-the-5-solid-celebrity-friendshi

Apart from the chemistry and the bond of actors on-screen, the fans and viewers are really into how their favorite celebrities interact with one another even outside the camera.

Nowadays, the friendships between those who are in the entertainment industry are not that solid; however, there are still a handful of celebrities that have a strong friendship connection that fans would be pretty interested in.

These bonds started from being co-stars in a project and eventually developed into adorable and most cherished friendships.

Here are the lists of the most precious and cherished Korean celebrity friendship that you might be interested to know about:

Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan

5 Most Cherished Korean Celebrity Friendships
(Photo : instagram)

The King: Eternal Monarch co-stars Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan are basically the best of friends in the drama. And if you're not busy getting all giddy with Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun's chemistry then you'd most likely be amazed by the bromance between these two actors.

Nevertheless, outside the show, both actors also formed a most cherished bond like an unbreakable sword. And just recently since Woo Do Hwan already enlisted to his military service wherein actor Lee Min Ho showed his support by visiting Woo Do Hwan and posted their close picture in his social media account.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118367/20200710/here-5-solid-celebrity-friendship-screen.htm

• Like 7

i just saw this video by coincidence and thought it would be nice to share it with you

doesnt he look so cool :love: . i think that's what he was talking about in TKEM bts when he said that he was so good with swords back in the days of FAITH. although he seems to be in a photoshoot in this video but he has the same hairstyle of choi young and the title says its 2012. maybe he was practicing (such a hardworking guy)

that doesn't seem like a sword though :joy:

this is making me want to see him do action movies or dramas again

PS: check the chanel that updated this video. they have so many good videos

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to read the lyrics to the OST songs that people have submitted for the next poll.  Here are the lyrics to one I submitted, from Faith (of course!). 

Because My Steps Are Slow

Like the rain that falls endlessly

You fall deeply into my heart

Like countless grains of sand

You have filled my heart to the brim.

* Days of loneliness, tears that twisted and turned,

I put them in my memory and send them off with a smile

** Because my steps are slow, because my heart is slow

I have come so far to reach you

That’s why it hurts and that’s why I long for you

You’re my love, who makes me tear even when I smile

*** Even if time stops, even if my heart stops

It would live in my arms again like a lie

I love you as much as you make my heart beat

Smile, you, and give me your tears.

Because that is happiness of mine.

It will never be again,

Not even in death,

Even if I empty out my heart, you are there.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, lupeace said:

i just saw this video by coincidence and thought it would be nice to share it with you

doesnt he look so cool :love: . i think that's what he was talking about in TKEM bts when he said that he was so good with swords back in the days of FAITH. although he seems to be in a photoshoot in this video but he has the same hairstyle of choi young and the title says its 2012. maybe he was practicing (such a hardworking guy)

Ah finally someone found it. Thank you. When the MYM clip of him mentioning about Faith, Minoz was teasing about him practising with a broom and this must be the one they were laughing about.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Omg Onion Spoilers Are Too much Effort !!! Peel By Peel by Peel Spoilers.!!!! :angry:

Films v/s TV. Fortunately TV in KDRAMA are mostly 1 season 20 episodic series.

K Ent...

Films do have more CREATIVE characters and Far more Money.===>>Domestic Popularity

TV has Good characters less creative But Far More Global Reachability. ===>>Global Popularity

I also think LMH can break the K Movie Global Barrier creating a New Wave., He has saleibility in Intl Market. But English Language is a barrier.

We are now Living in a Complete Different Reality .Pre 2020 Covid might have been more appropriate for a Movie done great Domestically, but I for one think Post 2020 Covid TV series broadcast on Netflix or Netflix Original can prove More Beneficial for any Actor/Production House. Specially when these days even K dramas are trending in TOP 5 Worldwide.Unless ofcourse Korean Industry is mainly focussed on cracking US Market specifically, they have had (Studio Dragon Mostly) success in Taking over a Lot of Country in terms of Viewership.

Movies are still Apprehensive unless they Cast these Known Hallyu Stars (LMH) to gather more benefit.

• Like 5

Spoiler
1 hour ago, lupeace said:

52 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Ah finally someone found it. Thank you. When the MYM clip of him mentioning about Faith, Minoz was teasing about him practising with a broom and this must be the one they were laughing about.

Thanks for sharing the vid and link @lupeace    Though it's blurry, am impressed with his dedication.  Wonder whether it's a  broom and @mademoisellesia confirmed it.   Komawo :exercice:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

Omg Onion Spoilers Are Too much Effort !!! Peel By Peel by Peel Spoilers.!!!! :angry:

Films v/s TV. Fortunately TV in KDRAMA are mostly 1 season 20 episodic series.

K Ent...

Films do have more CREATIVE characters and Far more Money.===>>

K-movies don't have more money it's the opposite Kdramas have alot more money and the margin is huge..

K-movies survive on the Box-office hence most movies come with low-budget but in Kdramas all the major endorsements have a stake in dramas and heavily push them on public or cable TV's because they need their products advertised so they bump alot of money into the dramas and hire mostly the actors to endorse them on yearly contracts or even few years contracts 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6

30 minutes ago, Min2206 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for sharing the vid and link @lupeace    Though it's blurry, am impressed with his dedication.  Wonder whether it's a  broom and @mademoisellesia confirmed it.   Komawo :exercice:

To much faith going on lately and I may have to join the bandwagon and rewatch faith because I don't remember much about the drama except the big scenes and a scene that left an unforgetable memory is when the FL lead stabs Choi Young such a powerful scene and romantic

• Like 6
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Nikaa94 @CarolynH Have you guys seen Time Renegade? Video Trailer here

Something like this for LMH would be nice too :)

Hmm bromance poll eh. I'm racking my brain with all of LMH's memorable bromance.

Will Yoon Sung-Sik Joong Ahjussi from CH be considered as bromance? :lol:

Yes its his best bromance! Does his relationship with Kim Yeong-ju or his father count as a bromance though?

Wb Lee Gon and Shin-Jae? We could count the minor ones too as bromances. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Min2206 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I saw a better version of LMH practicing with the broom.  He was filming Faith at that time and while waiting for a scene to start.  It was at the site where he emerged from the statue in SK. It was at that location. I guess while waiting for the set up, he was practicing twirling the broom which is similar to his sword and to a javelin.  He also practiced with a knife for the role.  One of the scenes shows him flipping a knife. Pretty awesome.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:22 AM, Time loop said:

This is gonna sound strange but I use to hate anything from Joeson era saguek and the reason for that was the dress and custom of that era use to irk for no reasons so I usually use to avoid any show or movie set in that era and I use to watch everything pre-that era and I use to hate even more during the japanese colonial era. I use to love to watch everything set in Goryeo and Silla era's due to dressing codes from these era being more awesome and the era's before that but then that changed once I watched LOTBS I started to love the Joeson era dress-code and then I watched a movie called Monstrum set in Joeson era and my love for the joeson era just increased and Now I am comfortable with the Joeson era but I still dislike the colonial era pre-WW2. 

But admittingly tho they regressed in fashion sense from Goryeo/Silla eras ---> Joeson era due to the long dress and large hats but after watching LOTBS my opinion truly changed since LMH truly rocked that Joeson era fashion I was so impressed that he looked even better in Joeson then his modern character in LOTBS

I too thought LMH would look awful in the Joseon period costume and was surprised that he looked so good in it even though I don't care for Joseon period outfits. He looks good in anything. Even a flour sack. :joy:

I was thinking, there are other kdramas that are pretty interesting but I can wait to see them. I can wait the next day or week or a few weeks to watch the drama. However for LMH dramas e.g. TKEM,  I could not wait and was ready to watch as soon as it is available on Netflix.  All I can deduce is that LMH is like an addiction, a drug addiction (?).   You can't wait to watch and once you have watched, you want to watch it again and again.  Suddenly you feel you have to watch his other dramas again.  You skip the scenes where he is not in and repeat your favorite scenes again and again.  You speed watch the drama just to get to his scenes.  Thus it is an addiction.  :foodie3:

• Like 11
  • Love 2

10 Most Handsome Korean Actors With The Best Fashion

Do you even go on a day without thinking about how much better your life is with an oppa to love? If you answered no, we thought so too and if you answered yes, we think this colossal top 10 will convince you otherwise. Metro.Style puts the spotlight on the top 10 most handsome and stylish South Korean actors in recent history. This heart-stomping list celebrates the men who are constantly shaping our lives with their monumental acting range, beaming personalities, and distinctive fashion choices. They have defined the global landscape as far as setting the ultimate standard when it comes to conquering both TV and film as well as the fashion industry.

Find out if your favorite made it in the gallery down below! Remember to proceed with caution in every click, we can't promise that you won't fall in love after this.

EcwyVxMU4AAYM1O?format=png&name=small

EcwyW7TVcAAzLRh?format=jpg&name=small

EcwyW7DU4AEXRrS?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EcwyW7OUYAA6IfN?format=jpg&name=small

https://metro.style/fashion/metrostylewatch/most-fashionable-korean-actors/26019

• Like 8
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, lupeace said:
Spoiler

@lupeace thank-you for bringing back this video. Time to hop on to Faith bandwagon. I also miss his CITY HUNTER days as well. I then went on to browse some some YouTube  clips and rewatch some of my favorite tubes.  Below is my favorite.....how I wish he would do reality show like HAPPY CAMPUS. 

Watch "[ENG SUB] Happy Camp, Lee Min Ho - 120218.mp4" on YouTube

Watch "[HD]120114 Lee Min Ho - Happy Camp (快樂大本營)" on YouTube

• Like 8