Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

12 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Oh. Right. Heretorant can be very persuasive haha. I was like you too, anti-sageuk then but watch it because of LMH. Ep1 - hmm ok but when Imja stabbed him in ep2, I'm like, "Yeah ok, it's staying for good" :lol:

There are two separate Hong Sisters :D

She is! She’s got quite a few people hooked on faith. She even convince some people in the shippers thread to watch faith and they are all fall In Love with Daejang 

she is like the unofficial spokesperson for Daejang fan club, as far as recruiter hehehhe

12 hours ago, happivirus said:

I was tempted to watch when we have our rewatch party during LMH military duty but somehow let it slip. Sageuk put me to sleep and the setup story involve slavery one way or another. For the love of LMH I gonna give it a try. Hope it is not too unbearable.

you should give it a try, at least 4 episodes 

7 hours ago, Amy323 said:

Hi guys, long time lurker here. I've been watching k dramas since last year but during this quarantine, I just happened upon the heirs. It was ok for me but not the best show I've see. Then I watched lotbs and I loved lmh in it.However after completing tkem, I became completely obsessed with him and went looking for his other projects. I've finished watching city hunter and personal taste and have started faith because it was recommended by many people in the other thread. And oh my god. I'm on episode 15 and loving it so far. Choi young has to be my favorite lmh character after lee gon. The way he started changing after he met Eun Soon was so well done. And the scene where young is tracing her shadow is both gripping and sad. And the the way he got angry at the king's uncle, throwing the table at him, punching him and  pushing him against the wall, I'm loving angry choi young. Can't wait to watch the next episodes:D

Yes!!! Choi your is becoming my fave too! lee Gon so far still number 1 in drama, but Choi young is getting close. However, I think what I love about Choi young, you see hi character evolve in the drama, so I guess you are more attach to him?

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

But unfortunately they are among most popular writers in Korea , so we don't like them but their drama got high rating generally, LMH may think, we don't know.

Yeah, the fact that we know their names even though some of us don't follow their dramas (lol:D) means they are known to general public of SK and also international fans. 

LMH has high ratings drama before (Heirs: 25%, BOF: 36%, LOTBS: 21%, CH: 20%). He is popular and established in SK. He has a very good image (A simple news of his IG update tops Naver news and gathers attention from media and Korean people). He is also a world star! He doesn't have to worry about ratings when he has already achieved it before but we don't know exactly what he wants. Does he want his next project to be hit and popular in SK? or does he not care and will choose what he wants without thinking about ratings? Does her prefer to go with Netflix original series like Kingdom and do 2 seasons? Does he want to get away from K-drama land and go into movie world? 

The topic of 'High Ratings and Hit rom-com' versus 'average ratings with different story and good reviews like Noo Hee Kyung's dramas' is kinda complicated. I like and don't like No Hee Kyung and LMH collaboration. On one hand, writers like NHK have good reviews and produce different and deep stories but they don't become blockbusters and not popular in SK and neither in the world. But on the other hand, if LMH chooses dramas like that he could take care of the international hit level. 

After all these pages of discussion, I honestly get lost sometimes as to which is better for Our Oppa and which one is what MYM goes for next. 

We all should know that rom-com is a popular and successful genre in SK. TKEM was also a mixture of fantasy, rom-com, and historical. It was like a package. It was not purely comedy and romance. Instead, it was a mixture. Melodrama K-dramas don't work these days. They are sad and emotionally draining. But sometimes they work because they are dark and exciting like TWOTMC and SKY castle. But I think the best option is the mixed genre.  

edit: I also think Romance-Dark-mystery-exciting-Horror genre on tvN or JTBC  and Netflix with 2 seasons can be great and a good change for LMH's next work. 

conclusion: I am lost again in this discussion! :D i don't know! The best option is to wait for LMH and MYM! :sweats: whatever he wants even the sisters i dread to mention :sweating:, we will support fully. 

• Like 7

I REALLY want him to conquer the U.S. and western media.  Parasite didn’t get too much attention for the actors themselves in the U.S., and we still have a big gap in Korean actors making it big in the West.  China/HK has shipped out some martial artist actors, but its only recently that Liu Yi Fei and Donnie Yen/Jiang Wen got Disney-fied. 

K culture is rapidly getting popular in the US, to the point where I’m concerned it’ll supernova.  But it’s the perfect time for someone to strike and make it big.

If anyone can do it, it’s Lee Min Ho.  He’s got the looks, the height, the dorky hot personality, the acting ability, and the sanity to make it.  He’s also just the perfect age.  Hollywood is just as calculating as SK and LMH hits all of their requirements...except that pesky English.  

I will teach him.

A is for apple

B is for Behead MEEEE 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, happivirus said:

@AgentQuake if it's up to me I am so ship him to the US and have him study English under you to perfect his English. Then we can look for popular script. By the way what is popular in the US? What genre catches their attention?

I don't want him to make transition yet. He should probably stay for another minimum 5 years if he wants to make a full transition but to be honest it's also not necessary at his level he will get audience everywhere he is whether it is here or there? Example ICON's like Shahrukh never made transition because they didn't need it because he was an ICON of his own right and the audience would seek him out and LMH has something similar going right now he should just expand on that 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

LMH has high ratings drama before (Heirs: 25%, BOF: 36%, LOTBS: 21%, CH: 20%). He is popular and established in SK. He has a very good image (A simple news of his IG update tops Naver news and gathers attention from media and Korean people). He is also a world star! He doesn't have to worry about ratings when he has already achieved it before but we don't know exactly what he wants. Does he want his next project to be hit and popular in SK? or does he not care and will choose what he wants without thinking about ratings? Does her prefer to go with Netflix original series like Kingdom and do 2 seasons? Does he want to get away from K-drama land and go into movie world? 

in guerilla date interview he said that although he wanted gangnam 1970 to be a box office hit but still he wants to win an award which means he does want to be acknowledged for his acting skills. 

i think he's looking for a project that will help him in acheiving both goals (sorry about cutting your post btw)

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

If anyone can do it, it’s Lee Min Ho.  He’s got the looks, the height, the dorky hot personality, the acting ability, and the sanity to make it.  He’s also just the perfect age.  Hollywood is just as calculating as SK and LMH hits all of their requirements...except that pesky English.

sorry about cutting your post  too chingu. tottaly agree and i wish he would surprise us by choosing to play in a hollywood movie for his next project.

that pesky english can be improved if he puts effort in it or he could star in a movie in which he will only talk korean with a litle bit of english like choi min sik's role in the movie "LUCY" if anyone of you have watched it.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, lupeace said:

in guerilla date interview he said that although he wanted gangnam 1970 to be a box office hit but still he wants to win an award which means he does want to be acknowledged for his acting skills. 

i think he's looking for a project that will help him in acheiving both goals (sorry about cutting your post btw)

Thanks for reminding this interview!!! :smooches3:

Yea, why not??

Both Hit drama AND award winning (Baeksang for example) AND Godly review AND Global Hit

Give me a writer now!!! My oppa wants both! 

Min Ho Oppa!! Your next movie or drama will become both blockbuster and award winning and Godly review!!  

Where do we find a writer for our Oppa?? :cries:

I cannot find any writer.. 

Otokae??

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Narine Joa said:

@Nikaa94

How do you rate my new profile pic and I have few others but can't decide which one to use

lovely LMH smile, bright colors, and i see Korean language? that's cool! what does it say? :) 

I like your profile picture, light blue and LMH's smile shining!! :approves:

• Like 3

This problem of writer and PD is so real!!  It is funny when he was released from MS, I didn't think much about writer and PD. I was so happy that he came back and I didn't care what he would choose to come back. But now I care about details of drama production! :joy:

so tired of searching writer and PD! :cries3:

edit: the moment i see article of LMH's come back project, first I will dig up writer and PD's past profile!! :ph34r::heythere:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

This problem of writer and PD is so real!!  It is funny when he was released from MS, I didn't think much about writer and PD. I was so happy that he came back and I didn't care what he would choose to come back. But now I care about details of drama production! :joy:

Drama? I think that should take the backseat until TKEM S2 thing gets solved but the immediate returns should be Netflix movies. We need to work him like a horse in the next 2-3 years and when TKEM S2 issues is solved whether it returns or not and put to rest he should look for new Fantasy drama perferably big budget with multiple seasons because jumping from drama to drama is just not worthy

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, Narine Joa said:

Drama? I think that should take the backseat until S2 to thing gets solved but the immediate returns should be Netflix movies. We need to work him like a horse in the next 2-3 years 

I don't mind what he chooses. There are so many options he can choose. I want a movie too! Movies have different story and character. I want him to star in movie conveying some social message or a movie which is dark and thriller. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I don't mind what he chooses. There are so many options he can choose. I want a movie too! Movies have different story and character. I want him to star in movie conveying some social message or a movie which is dark and thriller. 

Exactly but theater is sort of dying around the globe until vaccine is found so Netflix origins movies are good bet plus it's really good for him airing on that platform since it will reach so many people immediately and bigger audience 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

@Nikaa94 Choi Jin Hyuk said "If any actor says "I don't care rating" he lies" I think this is true, of course everybody wants high rating :D

Is that Turkish language? :D Seni: You?  I am familiar with this language. I watched some Turkish dramas (Medcezir, Kuzey Guney, Aski Memnu). I liked them, but they had so many episodes and I skipped some. :D  Seni seviyurum= Saranghe= I love you :) :heart1:

Yes, who doesn't want Godly ratings? With ratings come along a lot of things. When a Korean drama gets heavenly ratings in SK, it will explode SK and everyone praises and talk about it. Korean people usually follow trends and what is popular. When Heirs was airing, I remember there was Kim Tan wave and so popular in SK. Even there were parody of Kim Tan and CES in PJE's drama, MLFAS, which was aired right after Heirs. Ratings also help a drama and characters become memorable for a long time. Also, people follow their hairstyles, makeup, clothing style, and so on. Koreans follow everything related to a Hit drama. :joy:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

Exactly but theater is sort of dying around the globe until vaccine is found so Netflix origins movies are good bet plus it's really good for him airing on that platform since it will reach so many people immediately and bigger audience 

Yeah unfortunately theaters are really bleeding around the world and also here in the US while Mulan and Nolan's Tenet are playing chess game. You go first no no you go first etc etc. 

And it turn into I move when you move. They are both avoiding being the first one to test the waters 

• Like 2