Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Good Morning Chingus'...:heart:

Is Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :rickroll:

@willenette I always love to watch Love Triangle dramas and in particular Heirs where YD and KT going for ES. Man, I hated YD in character so much however I love Woo Bin.

@Thong Thin, ohhh............if you love this kind, you try to watch Fated to Love You (Choi Jin Hyuk) & Kill Me Heal Me (Ji Sung). Love triangles are one of the things that are existing in almost any Korean drama, but you can rarely find them in any other foreign show. :blush:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Thong Thin, ohhh............if you love this kind, you try to watch Fated to Love You (Choi Jin Hyuk) & Kill Me Heal Me (Ji Sung). Love triangles are one of the things that are existing in almost any Korean drama, but you can rarely find them in any other foreign show. :blush:

Have seen both the dramas. :grin:

Choi Jin Hyuk another Korean hunk that I admired. 

When he smiles, you can't see his eyes,lol  ( last seen him in Rugal)

Jin Sung was good too in KMHM, love the evil side of him.

For your reading only;

Spoiler

Was hoping LMH take up the role of twin brothers brought up from a rich family, and they get entangled with the same girl. One brother is evil and the other is soft and this girl cheated on both...hahaha. that's my dream on LMH next project. 

@CarolynHme too. Was shocked on the sex scene from GB ! 

I never rewatch and I do not want to recall the storyline...not my taste.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

On 7/9/2020 at 2:02 AM, msdot said:

1.  When the King gives the Doctor from Heaven to Ki Chul for seven days, the Queen confronts her husband and compares him to what animal?

2. After Choi Young enters the court just as the King’s uncle and the Doctor are beginning to make their way to the temple to be married, what two things does he do?

3.  Who asks Choi Young if his sword has become heavy?

4. At the end of the series, The Doctor from Heaven goes through the time portal to contemporary Seoul and then tries to return to where she had just left Choi Young. But instead she arrives in Goryeo 100 years before that time.

From Choi Young’s perspective, how long has she been gone when they’re finally reunited? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

@CarolynH thanks for the reminder!

1. Pheasant 

2.  Choi Young releases his ki ( fire energy)  to get past Gi Cheol and kisses Imja. 

3.  Ahn Jae of the royal military 

4.  4 years or is it 5? 

Eun Soo lived for 1 year (not sure) before going through the final time:P

• Like 8

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

The OST category is almost filled.  I would like to have at least one song from each drama.  I'm missing a song from: PT (I don't remember any songs)

I would suggest one of these:

Dropping Rain - KimTae-woo

Like a Fool - 2AM

OST Full Album

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, scrawford said:

Despite the TKEM flaws we saw how the drama did tremendously internationally. LMh will gather the international viewer, but we need something South Korean people will respect and admire, but that doesn't have to be makjang or rom com. The funny thing, for people who claim LMH's took safe role or He can't act is that they haven't check out faith or Gangnam blues. two of his works that i feel like one of his best performance, and of course faith was the lowest ratings (until TKEM), as in, it's not the drama that people came to know LMH, which i know most of you here might watch faith first, but i'm talking about people like me and majority of us who found LMH through his hits BOF, Heirs, LOTBS and now TKEM, which ironically are written by two of the writers i mentioned above. So those 3 dramas while they are good and he delivered amazing performance, it didn't have a lot of substance like say, Jong Dae or Choi Young. I struggle to enjoy faith as drama due to being outdated and saeguk background, however Choi Young really got to me, many of you who loves choi young is because the Impact that character had in you, and that's because despite the plot heavy and the drama also explore many characters, it didn't lost focus in developing and fleshing out choi young and his journey as general, between his loyalty to his king and his love to Imja. And guys i'm only on episode 9 btw and he already had impact on me.

Hi @scrawford I don't mind your long, detailed thoughts - thanks for sharing - love to hear more!

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

Hide contents

Was hoping LMH take up the role of twin brothers brought up from a rich family, and they get entangled with the same girl. One brother is evil and the other is soft and this girl cheated on both...hahaha. that's my dream on LMH next project. 

@CarolynHme too. Was shocked on the sex scene from GB ! 

I never rewatch and I do not want to recall the storyline...not my taste.

@Thong Thin  That's a good suggestion on the good vs evil dual role.   He can do badass roles very well, as seen in GB. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Epi 8 Gu Jun Pyo - I would pretend to zzz and do the same too :P

• Like 6
  • Love 2

"The King" Photo Essay

cr: soha_minoz, minoz_moonshine

EciKZJoUMAAjX8j?format=jpg&name=small

EciKZiNUcAA4Rtv?format=jpg&name=small

EciKZ1ZU8AABKCX?format=jpg&name=small

14 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Yes, I remember, he showed around a bit from that room, didn't he? 

Yes, he did. He also uploaded a cool video on the water sports activities he did on that resort. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Hi @scrawford I don't mind your long, detailed thoughts - thanks for sharing - love to hear more!

@Thong Thin  That's a good suggestion on the good vs evil dual role.   He can do badass roles very well, as seen in GB. 

Epi 8 Gu Jun Pyo - I would pretend to zzz and do the same too :P

LOVEEEE GJP GIFs!!!

Thanks an ocean!!!  :heart1:

I love this scene, why is GJP soooooo good??  :cries:

after all these years, after so many times watching, why do you do this to my heart every single time?? Why Gu jun Pyo?? Waeee? :cries:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

LOVEEEE GJP GIFs!!!

Thanks an ocean!!!  

I love this scene, why is GJP soooooo good??  

after all these years, after so many times watching, why do you do this to my heart every single time?? Why Gu jun Pyo?? Waeee? 

I am so sorry, @Nikaa94 chingu .. I can stop the GJP but can't help it LOL   

Am watching BOF presently .  I had mixed feelings initially before I embarked on this drama.  Giving the encouragement and ravings I hear from you guys, got me into it --  now I know why :blush: But I still love Daejang.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:52 AM, msdot said:

Last call for the Faith quiz. Any others who want to take a crack at it?

1.  When the King gives the Doctor from Heaven to Ki Chul for seven days, the Queen confronts her husband and compares him to what animal?

2. After Choi Young enters the court just as the King’s uncle and the Doctor are beginning to make their way to the temple to be married, what two things does he do?

3.  Who asks Choi Young if his sword has become heavy?

4. At the end of the series, The Doctor from Heaven goes through the time portal to contemporary Seoul and then tries to return to where she had just left Choi Young. But instead she arrives in Goryeo 100 years before that time.

From Choi Young’s perspective, how long has she been gone when they’re finally reunited? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

1. Pass - my rewatch is only focusing on Daejang, Daejang and Imja couple :P so can't remember this one.

2. This is open to interpretation.

I was going to say Daejang's eyes moved down to Imja's luscious lips for a while, then looks up at her with determination in his eyes and said, "There is no other way". Grab her neck, tilted his head and kisses her passionately (no no, I added that or did I now?). The camera zooms close up to their faces, Imja closes her eyes and kisses Daejang back. Kyaaaaa! *Me swooning at Daejang's gorgeous jawline*

So my 1st thing was him talking to imja "There is no other way" and 2nd thing was "kissing Imja".

But @Layali was probably correct that Daejang forced his way past Ki Chul first (Woo hoo~ love made him stronger, Ki Chul was shocked) then kiss Imja..? As you all can see, Ki Chul has become invisible in my memory :D

3. Ahn Jae

4 (a) 5 years (b) 1 year

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Hi guys!

LOL~ just have to come in and share this. Somebody tell me what in the world are they doing? Dancing?
I'd like to think they are practising their action moves, but then why would it be somewhat the same?

EchAIhRUYAAQg9M?format=jpg&name=medium

source: @lmh_kig (Machi)

Thanks a bunchie for sharing the pics @mademoisellesia

They looked like they were dancing, imo , looking at their long coats twirling along with them - seeing this bromancing-pair really warms the hearts.

1 minute ago, Thong Thin said:

For @Nikaa94 , @Min2206  & GJP Fanatic :w00t:

Hide contents

Min-Ho-lee-min-ho-34929606-500-284.gif

@mademoisellesialooks like they are dancing Cha cha , Rumba ?:joy:

LOL .. thank you for the tongue-out-sticking GJP gif  @Thong Thin
Have a great weekend!  Hope to see you soon!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

31 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Min2206 I need BTS for this if it is dancing hahaha. But they probably want to keep them in the DVD.

LMH's dancing skill is um, have room for improvement, so is uri Yeong ah trying to teach him a few move? Haha, so cute.

Ahhh, @mademoisellesia chingu,  you are right, prob from DVD.   I have to rely on you guys to see the DVD's visuals and "The King" Photo Essay here  - many thanks to @syntyche for sharing .    Yes, I believe you, that our Unbreakable Sword Jo Young possibly can dance better ... hehe

Our King performs well in many other areas -- eating, horseriding, kissing? 

one more for you @Nikaa94 :P

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

"The King" Photo Essay

cto

EciKaKUUcAAJNG8?format=jpg&name=small

Ecd4oQJU8AAfI9w?format=jpg&name=small

EciuJqlUwAANglK?format=jpg&name=small

He now has 18.2 million IG followers! Whether his drama is currently airing or not, or he posts an update or not, he continues to soar with his popularity! The King indeed!  

• Like 9
  • Awesome 5

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Aleumdaun:  Did you watch GB yet?  I remember being a little shocked at the violence and sex.  I had never seen a K movie prior to GB.  

Sorry to cut your post @CarolynH. No, I haven't watched GB yet. I have heard many K movies have bloody violence and graphic sex scenes. So I have stayed from them so far even if the story seems intriguing. But my lovely husband has promised to watch GB this weekend for my sake and let me know when I should look and when to fast forward LOL.

I started watching Bounty Hunters last night, but I was missing LMH's voice ..someone else voiced Chinese for him :o. Would you know if they had a korean version of it? 

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Thanks Chingu for this. Yet, the latest Soompi artcle did not even include TKEM in their list of must watch so far. Or do we take it that everyone has already watched it LOL

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

He now has 18.2 million IG followers! Whether his drama is currently airing or not, or he posts an update or not, he continues to soar with his popularity! The King indeed!  

Yes, The King indeed! I hope he his next project will be with the best of all scenarios, so he will win in SK as well as internationally. 

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I don't see how mental health is taboo or have any significance as topic in itself there are so many mental health dramas and movies allover the place and probably a common thing that occurs both in Tv and real life regularly. 

Mr. Sunshine would have been a snoozefest and probably would have experienced a fan backlash which is worse then anything you can imagine. It has to have some sort of entertainment value in order to grip people otherwise it will become a cult following where one specific adult audience will tune in to appreciate it and thats probably not what you would want in this time because it would be natural to seek younger audience.

Chingu, my original post was intended to answer another chingu who asked "what would be considered critically acclaimed and what element drama has to have to be considered critical acclaimed". Hence i gave her list of what drama needs to have and the example of those two dramas that would be considered critically acclaimed at the time the drama was airing.

1). You are correct, the theme of mental health are not taboo anymore. However, when "it's okay that's love" first aired, it was still a rarity in Korean drama sphere, let alone having less than perfect hero, who struggle with the Mental health. It didn't garnered "hit" rating, but based on my experience watching and reading articles about it, the acting and story telling are praised by drama critics and Kdrama audience. That's the reason i listed that drama as one example. 

2). Regarding Mr. Sunshine, the story was a bit slow in the beginning, and so is TKEM  first 4 episode according to some people. So i think it's based on on personal preference. However, it was critically acclaimed due to the topic. Think about it, Up till then, in Korean drama, you got modern time and you get Goryeo or old Joseon time. No drama (that i know of) that set in the time period of 1910 during Korean Revolution against japan. It was new, the cinematography was amazing and the wardrobe was beautiful. And you got LBH and Kim Tae Ri as the main lead. So.. while Mr. Sushine is not for everybody, it was a critically acclaimed drama.

Again, this is not to suggest that LMH should take on Drama surrounding Mental health or Historical time. Those two dramas i mentioned was simply to answer the question @Nikaa94 had. :)

You may have liked it personally but you have to consider the bigger picture and view audience as whole before making such decisions? current audience are probably mostly dominated by the age range 13-30ish and then you can add 40-80ish range age on top of that but majority was in the first category. If you give them a serious a$$ drama they wouldn't fall in line as you may have imagined previously and again you may enjoy it personally but that won't mean everyone is on board. 

So you must never look at a script subjectively but always objectively looking at the current trends and how the mainstream audience think and what they seek? 

What do they seek? Spectacles that is what they seek in truth and what is spectacles? It can be different things but to make it short it means exciting dramas where there is Romance, fantasy, action and interesting encounters and over the top incidents, magic, time travel, supernatural stuff etc etc. If you can also make it high paced but eatable it's also acceptable to them.

Most audience are younger generations in the 13-35ish especially on Netflix? Believe it or not they don't have time for a very serious slice of life drama.

Currently Disney, Marvel, DC etc etc are making billions allover the world just spamming spectacles but you may not be into them personally but things are flowing that way currently

You have a point, we are all diverse Audience who likes different type of entertainment, I for one enjoy both kind, the blockbuster/entertaining and the Serious/critically acclaimed. And this is just for fun discussion about Min Ho next project to help pass the time, since we haven't heard anything yet from him or MYM. But i can't help as a fan, I am getting tired of hearing the words "overrated", "Average acting", "Choose safe project", "Not willing to get out of his comfort zone", "Only work with star writer" "He never gets a Daesang award" when it comes Lee Min Ho. Yes he is amazingly good looking, but i would not have signed in with Soompi and be more invested in his work, if it's not because of his acting skills. So the selfish part of me, wants LMH to take on more of a risky project that will show his acting chops, because he can act. Hence the discussion about him choosing more of a serious/critically acclaim project, to show that he is not just a good looking actor.

My opinions does not matter, It will be up to LMH and MYM to decided what kinda of career path LMH would choose to walk on. I will support him regardless what kind of project he choose. I have a lengthy post regarding this several pages ago, about what kind of Actor LMH wants to be.

Does he wants to be, 

a). "Tom Cruise" type actor? (The one bringing entertainment to audience) Nothing wrong with that, he is good at what he is doing and his project makes money/blockbuster, he is known for not using a stunt man, which is commendable. But him and his work are not the kind that would be nominated for awards.

Or,

b). "Leonardo DiCaprio" type actor (The kind who would challenged himself with his craft). I used him as an example because he was known as Heartthrob, and he had to prove himself as more acclaim actor by taking on more risky project and work with acclaimed/award winning directors.

I think we are getting impatience to see him back in a movie/drama hehehe... hope we will hear from him soon!

Ps: I'm sorry if im using example of US actors, i just don't want to mentioned other SK actors in his thread. *Peace

12 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Hahahahaha.... glad you enjoy it, sometimes i feel like i can write too long :).

I see that you have been enjoying BOF. It's a classic drama and i Love love love LMh's portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1