Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CarolynH

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

Recommended Posts

hi ya chingus! hope you had fun with the poll and discussing your choices. :D  I have removed the poll so the page looks smaller. please find details of the poll in the wacky bets & polls (library) in the events section for your reference

re: @CarolynH

P.S ~ for chingus struggling with the dark mode (which is the default view at the moment), try the evolution beta mode. it is lot more easier to read. unfortunately, the white mode (which was also a bit too bright at times) has crashed and will take several weeks at the minimum to fix. to change to evolution mode, go to the very bottom of page and there should be a 'theme' button which you can use to select evolution. I also have increased the zoom page to 120% (hit ctrl and + button on your computer) to make it easier to read.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

hi ya chingus! hope you had fun with the poll and discussing your choices. :D  I have removed the poll so the page looks smaller. please find details of the poll in the wacky bets & polls (library) in the events section for your reference

re: @CarolynH

P.S ~ for chingus struggling with the dark mode (which is the default view at the moment), try the evolution beta mode. it is lot more easier to read. unfortunately, the white mode (which was also a bit too bright at times) has crashed and will take several weeks at the minimum to fix. to change to evolution mode, go to the very bottom of page and there should be a 'theme' button which you can use to select evolution. I also have increased the zoom page to 120% (hit ctrl and + button on your computer) to make it easier to read.

 

It's so much better ma friend. Thank a lot

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh what is this new soompi mood I don't like, can we change it?

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Heirs vs. BOF comparison, BOF is much much more popular hands down.  It is probably single handedly responsible for the 2nd Hallyu wave.  Even those who don't watch or follow KDrama closely have heard of it, or at least of LMH.

 

That being said, Heirs is very very popular too.  Personally, I like re-watching it despite the cringe factor mostly because I love seeing the actors when they were not yet well known.  What a cast!

 

I haven't seen City Hunter or Faith yet (due to lack of available legal streaming sites), but based on the other LMH series I have seen, here are my picks:

  • Favorite overall - The King: Eternal Monarch
  • Favorite character LMH has played - Lee Gon
  • Favorite look - Legend of the Blue Sea (especially in the early episodes, he got too thin and haggard towards the end :( )
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gwin said:

That being said, Heirs is very very popular too.  Personally, I like re-watching it despite the cringe factor mostly because I love seeing the actors when they were not yet well known.  What a cast!

Yes Yes, WHAT A CAST!!, I was new to K dramas, I saw LMH then went onto see everyone else's work except Krystal's Bride of Haebak.

 

My LMH Review:

  • Favorite Overall: Lotbs, Multi faceted character including Comedy.
  • Fav LMH Performance : KDR/HJJ,LG,CY
  • Fav Romance : Lotbs/Heirs
  • Fav Look : Lotbs/Faith/BOF
  • Fav Action : CH/LotBs
  • Fav Bromance : KWB/WDH
  • Fav Kiss: Beheading Kiss TKEM/Episode 19 Lotbs Kiss
  • Fav Crying : KT/LG
  • Fav Character Overall : HJJ/LG/KT
  • Least FAV Wardrobe : Heirs!!!
  • Least Fav Hairdo : PT/Heirs 
  • Least FAV Pairing : BOF 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2020 at 10:51 AM, Nikaa94 said:

 

In LOTBS and also TKEM, both PJE and KES praise LMH's eyes in the lines.

 

In LOTBS, JJH's character say to HJJ in episode 2 (i think), "They are pretty, the ink in your eyeballs. They are sparkling"

 

In TKEM, Lee Gon himself says "I have deep eyes" 

 

do you guys remember other lines in LMH's previous dramas in which there is a line about LMH's eyes? :hooray2:

 

 

His out of this world eye acting in City Hunter with just the mask on really got me. Gosh he was amazing in it! No wonder we all recognized him as the saviour in TKEM. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

TKEM is gonna enter the top 10 on Flixportal for 2020 top shows and what to notice here is that it will highly likely surpass the tiger king and Dynasty and has an outside chance of passing space force while ''The Order'' could pass TKEM in return but it has faded considerable now and it's not certain but way below that we have a major netflix hit storming up the ranks in ''Warrior Nun'' That one will definitely overtake TKEM and likely enter top 3 as it is exploding in many territories. So TKEM passing Tiger king, Dynasty and 50/50 on taking over space force it will enter top 8 then fall back to top 9 because of warrior nun while ''The order doesn't have much gas in the tank imo but still has an outside chance. 

 

Unavngivet.png 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Rickroll'D 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, madmad min said:

My LMH Review:

  • Favorite Overall: Lotbs, Multi faceted character including Comedy.
  • Fav LMH Performance : KDR/HJJ,LG,CY
  • Fav Romance : Lotbs/Heirs
  • Fav Look : Lotbs/Faith/BOF
  • Fav Action : CH/LotBs
  • Fav Bromance : KWB/WDH
  • Fav Kiss: Beheading Kiss TKEM/Episode 19 Lotbs Kiss
  • Fav Crying : KT/LG
  • Fav Character Overall : HJJ/LG/KT
  • Least FAV Wardrobe : Heirs!!!
  • Least Fav Hairdo : PT/Heirs 
  • Least FAV Pairing : BOF 

I love this!!!  I'll give it some thought and come back with my selections.  :)

 

0b8d7dcba98191d28cce983b474a63bcc8f0ec6f

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

While being on the topic of his hair and his eyes, I was thinking what other traits of LMH you guys like the most?  My favorite is when he makes the 'aahh" sound when he is frustrated, irritated. He is so cute and sexy at the same time. For example, in TKEM final episode when they return to Corea again, and he makes this sound before saying that he just left a few hours back.  I have noticed this in Faith, The Heirs, LoTBS and just once in TKEM. Can't remember if he did it in City Hunter or BOF. I'm thinking it is his unique trait - is it so? Seniors and Kdrama experts? 

 

Noob here on GIFs or videos. If anyone would be kind enough to put that up please? Thanks!

 

I like how he shouts Aish! I thought he would do it in every drama but he hasn't since City Hunter! I always find it funny!

  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

 

TKEM is gonna enter the top 10 on Flixportal for 2020 top shows and what to notice here is that it will highly likely surpass the tiger king and Dynasty and has an outside chance of passing space force while ''The Order'' could pass TKEM in return but it has faded considerable now and it's not certain but way below that we have a major netflix hit storming up the ranks in ''Warrior Nun'' That one will definitely overtake TKEM and likely enter top 3 as it is exploding in many territories. So TKEM passing Tiger king, Dynasty and 50/50 on taking over space force it will enter top 8 then fall back to top 9 because of warrior nun while ''The order doesn't have much gas in the tank imo but still has an outside chance. 

 

 

We should have been technically been on top 5 by now since we were missing some territories but I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that TKEM S2 will make top 3 without getting out of first gear. I will bet the house on it 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

 

We should have been technically been on top 5 by now since we were missing some territories but I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that TKEM S2 will make top 3 without getting out of first gear. I will bet the house on it 

 

It will generally grow exponentially in season 2 not only on Netflix but everywhere from buzz to social media activity. Top 3 is easily doable for TKEM S2

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

 

I like how he shouts Aish! I thought he would do it in every drama but he hasn't since City Hunter! I always find it funny!

 

I like that as-well. He did a ton of that in BOF and LOTBS..

tumblr_mt9b6lINjf1qfhq48o1_250.gifv

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

 

His out of this world eye acting in City Hunter with just the mask on really got me. Gosh he was amazing in it! No wonder we all recognized him as the saviour in TKEM. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpDKhaguwTbyRO2_HYZdZ      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu8VU0TAGKDRFf2xh2Ixr


His eyes  @Edgar Pordwed his eyes   :dead:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

2)      Personal Taste ( 2010) - LMH (23) & Son Ye Jin(28)

         Storyline not that good, but I watched because of LMH

Sorry to cut your post chingu.

 

I actually love Personal taste. It's a rom com so not much meat in the story and no character arc aside from two friends being in love. But i think Both LMH and SYJ nailed the character and i love LMH's look in PT. it's 2020 and i still think he looks swoon there :)

 

Quote

 

  Based on my personal opinion/views, there’s not much changes in LMH for the past 9 years,except

lately I found him a bit skinny ( not meaty) perhaps due to overwork during TKEM filming.

 

I think he is the skinniest in LOTBS. in TKEM he is skinny but the rowing scene showed that he has more muscle compare to LOTBS. In the bathhouse scene where he visited Shim Cheong, you can barely see muscle on his bicep and his arms looked skinny.

 

I do hear from time to time that the reason he is keeping his weight down is because he gained most of his weight in his face. Although, he was bulked up a bit for CH and Heirs but he manage to keep his face sharp and skinny so it's doable for him to bulk up without gaining weight in his face.

 

Come LMH, bulk up!! hehehe

 

 

14 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

 

@scrawford I see you are on ep 8. Daejang will visit the salon in ep 9, go through chemical straightening to look pretty for his Imja. He even has new gorgeous blue clothes on. And once you see this I hope to see you back here telling us he has become a swooning kind of character, hahaha.

I have watched episode 9. Daejang is soo cute!!! he has no experience with love and absolutely clueless heheheh...it's a different LMH character for sure, no expert in love and not the hopeless romantic or the perfect boyfriend. GJP was clueless in love, but....He had his money that he flaunts around to woo Jandi. But, Daejang hit it hard because he has nothing, his identity has been all about his duty as a general, protecting others above himself. 

 

I'm literally smiling ear to ear typing this.

 

14 hours ago, Layali said:

Not IG live please no.I don't want shipper questions inundating his feed. already the comments section has been hijacked by 95% shippers commenting without abandon. They have been taking their wild speculations under his ig posts. Well-wishes are good but speculating why he posted on so and so day is harassment. One can only imagine the terror that will be unleashed if he does IG live..*shudders*

 

Yeah IG live would be filled with dating question, maybe wait a bit. I would prefer a pre recorded interview. 

 

9 hours ago, gwin said:

 

That being said, Heirs is very very popular too.  Personally, I like re-watching it despite the cringe factor mostly because I love seeing the actors when they were not yet well known.  What a cast!

Not gonna lie i have re watched Heirs 3 times in 2019. It definitely has it's flaws but it's juicy heheheh. And i do love Kim Tan and How LMH brought him to life. No other actor could play that character.

 

Isn't it like that tho, every character LMH has played, we cannot imagine anybody play it but him. I read that Another actor (more well known) was offered GJP role, but he rejected in favor of other drama, and i am so glad he rejected it, cause we can't imagine anybody but LMH play GJP.

 

Quote

 

  • Favorite look - Legend of the Blue Sea (especially in the early episodes, he got too thin and haggard towards the end :( )

He did got a bit too skinny in LOTBS. and i know i keep saying this, but i hope he would bulked up and define his muscle a bit before his next project

 

7 hours ago, madmad min said:

My Lee Min Ho Review

 

  • Favorite Overall: TKEM
  • Fav LMH Performance : LG, HJJ, and Jong Dae
  • Fav Romance : TKEM
  • Fav Look : TKEM/LOTBS
  • Fav Action : CH/Gangnam Blues
  • Fav Bromance : LG/JY
  • Fav Kiss: Beheading Kiss TKEM/CCTV kiss TKEM
  • Fav Crying : HJJ/LG
  • Fav Character Overall : LG, Choi Young and HJJ
  • Least FAV Wardrobe : Faith/Choi young
  • Least Fav Hairdo : Heirs 
  • Least FAV Pairing : BOF 

 

  • Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My LMH Review:

  • Favorite Overall : LOTBS
  • Fav LMH Performance : GJP (BOF)
  • Fav Romance : Faith
  • Fav Look : LOTBS
  • Fav Action : CH
  • Fav Bromance : LG-JY (TKEM)
  • Fav Kiss : beheading kiss (TKEM)
  • Fav Crying : GJP (BOF)
  • Fav Character Overall : CY (Faith) / LG (TKEM)
  • Least Fav Wardrobe : BOF
  • Least Fav Hairdo : BOF but so iconic!
  • Least Fav Pairing : GJP-GJD (BOF)

 

@madmad min

I forced myself to choose only one answer, but couldn't do it for fav character.

For me, there is something to love in every one of his dramas.  :wub:

 

This marks the moment I was lost to LMH (and to GJP):

tumblr_oqbqf7IOP11w2zf0ho1_540.png
"o - sa - sam - i - il"

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I at times wonder if BOF had actually followed the OG Manga Storyline of JD-JP , would that have been one of the Best Romance? (I only read the reference @scrawford posted some-pages back), not have GJP sneeze at what could have been the best romantic moment between the 2. Hush Failed opportunities. Why not give JH a different lady than make JD-GJP funny.

 

:yaaa:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Time loop said:

 

I like that as-well. He did a ton of that in BOF and LOTBS..

 

Ooh LOTBS too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My LMH Review:

  • Favorite Overall : Heirs
  • Fav LMH Performance : Choi Young (Faith)
  • Fav Romance : Heirs
  • Fav Look : City Hunter
  • Fav Action : Gangnam Blues
  • Fav Bromance : LG-JY (TKEM)
  • Fav Kiss : TKEM-Beheading Kiss 
  • Fav Crying : Kim Tan
  • Fav Character Overall : Kim Tan(Heirs) / HJJ(LOTBS)
  • Least FAV Wardrobe : Personal Taste
  • Least Fav Hairdo : BOF 
  • Least FAV Pairing : BOF
  • Least Fav Work: Bounty Hunters
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nikaa94 So here are my favorite hairstyles/hair color of LMH:

 

I particularly like his hairstyle in TKEM. I like seeing his forehead :D. I like the dark brown hair color.  

 

giphy.gif

 

Of course, he could never go wrong with the classic black color

 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

 

 

I also like his brushed-up hairstyle in his pilot outfit in LOTBS (again with that forehead :lol:

bayvG9h.gif

 

But he also looks charmingly boyish with his bangs. I like his hair color here too.

Spoiler

QM5076N.gif

 

And of course, LMH hair talk wouldn't be complete without a gif of him flipping his hair. I remember during his MS days when we would go gaga whenever he flips his hair lol.  

 

km9SSAx.gif

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmad min said:

I at times wonder if BOF had actually followed the OG Manga Storyline of JD-JP , would that have been one of the Best Romance? (I only read the reference @scrawford posted some-pages back), not have GJP sneeze at what could have been the best romantic moment between the 2. Hush Failed opportunities. Why not give JH a different lady than make JD-GJP funny.

 

Allow me to elaborate. That Necklace scene was originally took place in GJP's house and in the comic Jandi already became maid in his house. Even tho Jandi hasn't told GJP that She likes him, GJP already declared his love to her more than once. So, GJP told Jandi to meet with him at Midnight, jandi suddenly thought GJP was going to do something inapropriate to her, so then she was planning to escape and called her best friend and told her she was coming over to her house. But, As she open her bedroom door, GJP was right there already and dragged her to the balcony to see the meteor shower that supposed to take place. After Showing Jandi the meteor shower he asked her to closed her eyes and he put the necklace around her neck, she open her eyes and asked why he gave her the necklace and GJP passionately held her from the back and whisper to her "what's is wrong with giving something beautiful to someone i love?" and He stole a kiss from her.

 

And afterwards he asked how she feels about him and she told him that She can only like him for 10%, which then JP told Jandi That's ok, because he will make up the 90%. 

 

That's the original scene and the version that did justice with this is the 2001 TW version and 2018 chinese version. The japanese one didn't copied exactly but they didn't tampered Tsukasa and Makino other romantic scene. and they often blended two scene because of time constrain, they only have 8 episode for season 1.

 

Each version has to tweaked, modified, and cut some scene to fit number of episodes they have, which is fine, but they didn't tampered the OTP romantic scene, even if the had to cut out some scene. they still make the romantic scenes that they keep to have momentum and feel, whereas the SK version, they seem to changed it to a degree that it cost the OTP one screen chemistry.

 

The ones they had, like When Jandi and JP went on date and later sat in the car and watched a movie, they had to disrupt the kiss with the phone call, and then the necklace scene he had to sneezed to disrupt the kiss, and that's just to name a few. This is not saying that they don't have romantic moment, but it's very few for them being the OTP.

 

Ok, sorry rant over heheheh

  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...