Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

11 hours ago, msdot said:

I think I was able to live with the Faith ending because there had been several wonderful hugs in the series (Eps. 14, 17, 18, 24), so at least I got to see those! They must all have been exhausted from the schedule and the heat. LMH talked about how it was one of the hottest summers ever in Korea, and there he was wearing heavy armor much of the time, including in the last scene.

The irony of Faith is that we get very little skinship from Imja Couple, somehow (in my opinion anyway) they "bonded" in a way that I've not seen many on-screen drama couples had in kdrama land. The impression left of this couple was long-lastingly strong and unbreakable to this day. Exactly like Choi Young's proposal, "If I can have you, it will be forever.". I think this is the biggest strength in Song Ji Na's writing. She carried on with building this kind of relationship in Healer as well. So, if this 60 years old writer would write again, I would love to see them collaborate one more time. Regretfully I think she's retired now & probably pass the baton to her son Jin Han Sae, who wrote Netflix's Extracurricular.

I am still sitting on the poll, unable to decide. As greedy as Ki Chul, I would like to see him in all types of genre (less on rom-com coz he's done many now & no makjang). Have you guys seen Dr. Prisoner? Namgoong Min plays a doctor and was out for revenge but that's not why it was appealing, it's coz of how much the characters were battling each other with their wits. Each episode turning the table around out-smarting one another & the episode keeps ending in a climax. Thank god I didn't watch it live. It'd be lovely to see Min Ho in something like this or something like Hello Monster (as the psycho, not detective).

While on the topic of screen writers, I like the idea of him working with less renowned/new writers. If supported by a good production team & sponsor, new writers can bring freshness/stories to the screen. I also wouldn't mind the writer who wrote Oh Hae Young Again/My Ahjussi coz if the script is like My Ahjussi then our thrist for a good script & acting will be satiated. Despite some objections on having him to do fantasy again, I'd still love for him to work with Song Jae Jung at least once just coz under her pen, her male leads are very charming & they get more screen time. I was completely astounded in ep7 at how HB can still look so charming (kudos to HB too of course) yet broken as he limped into the church. Most importantly, (1) SJJ's hero won't be just focusing on love but it'd be more on what the hero has to overcome (2) SJJ likes to torture & give her hero pain~ I 200% approved, LOL! :P

11 hours ago, msdot said:

Nobody, but nobody, has eyes like LMH! And he uses them to great effect in everything he does, portraying vulnerability, sweetness, fierceness, determination, etc., etc. They just kill me.

LMH's eyes is his greatest strength & what I love most (probably fell in love with in the first place) is his ability to emote through his eyes and convey that emotions to me. His eyes are always bling bling like crystals/diamond on screen & am really curious why his is so special. Mum fed him fish eyes since young? :D

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

Does the Japanese Blue-Ray DVD have English subtitles. Some may not.

No it only have Jap. I'd think we don't need subtitles anymore to know what they're talking about hahaha!

6 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Do you think can LMH or TKEM be nominee for any foreign awards? I don't know so much western awards but I remember that a actor was nominee from my country previously .I was surprised it. I think LMH is more popular in the world and TKEM is succesfull on Netflix.

Have a look at what he had been nominated in the past on Wikipedia. You can get an idea what he'll be nominated for. Soompi will probably give him an award too.

6 hours ago, msdot said:

Lastly I'd love to see him in another historical drama in a gray role (both good and bad), but NOT from the Josean era. Can't stand the men's headwear of that era: I need to see those flowing locks!

I'm with you on this. After seeing Min Ho in Joseon hanbok & hairstyle, I think he's more suitable for Goryeo era.

5 hours ago, scrawford said:

I think majority of us wants darker role, or if anything non chaebol. 

For the sake of him not being criticised for playing rich chaebol in each of his drama projects, yes please.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

his new hair color has orange-ish in it too. I googled imaged copper hahah :joy:

why suddenly so quiet here? Minoz, where are you?

I’m here @Nikaa94 decided to sleep in this morning was a bit down since the cycling theory didn’t really work yesterday haha ! And now he blessed us with another update lol

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Because he trolled us big time! He’s not even reading anything! 

:lol:

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Yup, I think so.

Just look at the cover, it’s also blank.

I mean, our boy has a sense of humor so I’m not surprised lol. 

:lol:

He is so damn cheeky I wanna pinch his cheek ! 

maybe he’s meeting with a writer to discuss the work... looks like an office setting there, maybe a blank page means he gets to decide on any stories or scripts that he wants...

could he be telling us something...:Please:

I’m going to stop speculating from now. Driving us crazy

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I know it may look like I am taking his new hair color and style too seriously..

But....

All the talk about dark character and stuff, why would LMH go this much light if he were to come back with dark genre?

either...

1) there is no new project, LMH is just reading some papers,  like @Heretorant mentioned, he is just reading blanks pages :D 

2) He will come back with a new project but judging by his new style and hair color, it doesn't seem like a suspense or dark genre. So what is it? I'm even more curious. Korean Minoz in DC are also mentioning about his change of style. 

Now I'm confused, do we get new project or is it false hope?? :joy:

:crazily:

Hi Nika I think we will just wait for an announcement I’m pretty sure scripts are being reviewed and they will take Some  time to peruse/think about on which ones are suitable for the next project, we have to give hm some time.

Meanwhile we can just go over his old photos. I mostly love him with dogs haha! The best type of people are dog lovers!

• Like 8

Back to his hair color:  It would be too early for a project, I think.  An endorsement?  For hair color? lol.  

Part 2 of Summer  Love:  His hair was light brown here.

cr:  as tagged

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Back to his hair color:  It would be too early for a project, I think.  An endorsement?  For hair color? lol.  

Part 2 of Summer  Love:  His hair was light brown here.

haha there’s a fair chance ! Imagine him flaunting his hair in the ads... 

• Like 2

Regarding the poll, I still cannot decide. 

This option: “going from genius to becoming child-like,” I might want to see but I know I will cry a river. I’ll cry to the point of not being able to breathe. 

The description reminds me of 1 litre of tears. Maybe I can handle a movie but not a drama. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, msdot said:

Another favorite scene of mine. If you watch the whole scene, you see his face go from frustrated rage, to bowing his head in defeat, to looking up and hoping for some inkling of connection with Imja, to looking down again as he realizes he's all alone in this, to an ironic smile acknowledging how cleverly he was trapped. All that with no dialogue. And this after the terrifically well-acted scene when his heart is torn in two because of the prince and is then rejected by Imja. I LOVE episode 7 of Faith.

And I'll add my endorsement to Viki. I'm actually a little worried about them with Netflix coming on so strong with Korean programming. If you love watching Asian TV, I highly recommend spending a little dough on a subscription to Viki. They have a good rating system and there's even a learning mode where you can learn Korean from subtitles.

Yes, msdot - if you go to the previous scene when he had to kill the king, the tears killed me and he had to brush it off and seem cold when Imja returned, the look of horror and her running away from him. His pain at her rejection, as he cried for her to stay with him,  then helplessness as the fire woman put her hand on Imja. When she refused to look at him, he gave up, dropped his sword and knelt down but still staring at her as in the gif, silently begging for her to give him a sign of understanding, and as she still refused to look at him as msdot said "he realizes he is all alone and the final ironic smile. He looks so innocent and handsome in this scene and msdot, episode 7 is also my favorite episode. I watched the scene several times, from the time he was with the prince till his resignation and bitter smile.

Double whammy, loss of his dear prince and rejection from his Imja. Sigh!

3 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

No comment about his hair. Still looks good but too boyish for me hahaha

I like boyish though :hwaiting:

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Part 2 of Summer  Love:  His hair was light brown he

Makes sense.. :(

This is me now... 

img%5D

https://giphy.com/gifs/korean-korea-kdrama-xTiIzsU6TipYgyHTws

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

The Top 10 Hottest Korean Drama Actors Selected By Japan's Leading Fashion Magazine

1593702280-inshot-20200702-203308547.jpg

JJ Magazine, one of the most popular lifestyle and fashion magazines in Japan, published the list of top 10 hottest Korean drama actors on their official site.

The list includes Korea's most charming and good-looking elite group of lads whom people love to watch on screen.

Lee Min-ho

1593701214-img-20200702-201642.jpg

"He is one of the most well-known actors in Korea and has also had a talk concert in Pacifico Yokohama before. He is so popular that he has many fan clubs in Japan! He also serves as an advertising model in Korea. He has a sharp face, and I will continue to pay attention to him as a man."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/07/the-top-10-hottest-korean-drama-actors-selected-by-japans-leading-fashion-magazine

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I also feel curly/wavy hair suits him much better. And his natural black hair colour is best on him for me! I want him to have the rugged look he had in Gangnam Blues all the time. :PMaybe also try a beard cause he looked too good with that stubble in Faith! :P

Gosh LMH is the only actor in any country that I have crushed on and I can speak these superficial details about, don't know how he did it to me! :P

Have you'll watched DMZ: The Wild? He narrates soooooo well!

• Like 10

Weekend Korean Drama Recommendation of Actors on Comeback from the Military

EcEAL_sUYAQi-la?format=jpg&name=small

2. Lee Min-ho - The King: Eternal Monarch

As one of the top Hallyu stars, Lee Min-ho's appearance after the military service program has certainly been anticipated by many people. No wonder Lee Min-ho chose a big project like The King: Eternal Monarch for his comeback performance- and collaborated with famous drama writer Kim Eun-sook and actress Kim Go-eun who has won various awards.

The series features outstanding cinematography and visual effects that provide fans with new and unique experiences for Korean dramas. In addition, Lee Min-ho's natural aura that is full of authority is also very suitable when he has to explore the character of King Lee Gon in the series The King: Eternal Monarch.

Other shows featuring Lee Min-ho: Boys Over Flowers , a classic show in which he won the Best Newcomer Actor category at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards, and The Legend of the Blue Sea , highlighting the love story between an conman and a princess Mermaid.

https://tirto.id/rekomendasi-drama-korea-akhir-pekan-dari-aktor-yang-comeback-wamil-fNgD

Sharing this blog from a Korean traveler in Morocco

(rough translation)

Casablanca, Morocco - Three Girls in Casablanca

img.jpg

#3. Three Girls in Casablanca

I was blankly looking at the <Mosque Hassan II> building, when a girl came talking to me. As someone who came from Korea, she shouted at me, "I really love Korea!" with her dilated pupils and rousing voice. Having fallen in love with Lee Min-ho after seeing "Boys Over Flowers" and "Cityhunter," she wanted to do me infinite favors just because I had the same nationality as her idol. Thanks to her willingness to invite me home, I received a contact number instead of a favor, and to my surprise, thanks to her with a Kakao Talk ID, a new friend named Zineb was added to my Kakao Talk list.

Leaving Zineb and staring blankly at the building again, another girl spoke to me. As if it were deja vu, she fell in love with Lee Min-ho after seeing him in "Boys Over Flowers." Surprised by the influence of the Korean Wave, I wondered what I have been doing while everyone was watching "Boys Over Flowers" and "Cityhunter." If I had watched the drama, I would have been able to dance more excitedly to their excitement, but I'm sorry I didn't.

After leaving the two Hallyu (Korean Wave) girl fans, I was about to leave the place, but once again, a girl approached me and asked "Do you speak English?" I nodded, and as she walked away, she shouted, "You are so beautiful!" and then waved away. The sudden compliment made me feel good, but I was puzzled, "what is this?"

The brief experience in the mosque was filled with these three girls. The mosque here, which almost brought back only dark and sullen images, was brightened thanks to them. Casablanca here, which almost passed by without much emotion, was enriched thanks to them.

Thank you, three girls from Casablanca.

https://story-storage.tistory.com/56

Amusing story of the three girls in Casablanca :D.  

LMH's influence on the Hallyu wave can't be denied. In some countries, "Korea" is synonymous to "Lee Min Ho." Hallyu King indeed. 

:approves:    

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4

alert ~ in case chingus haven't noticed, there is a lee min ho theme badge available in the members shop!!!! check it out! buy it using your soompi points to proudly display on your profile!

:coolshades:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

alert ~ in case chingus haven't noticed, there is a lee min ho theme badge available in the members shop!!!! check it out! buy it using your soompi points to proudly display on your profile!

I don't see it. It's not in there.

How does it look like on someone's profile?

They cost 2500 points - can't afford yet :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

So now we have to be soompi rich? I'm broke in RL and now I'm broke on soompi too? :whytho:

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

not sure myself. :sweatingbullets:. it was made by admin. am waiting to see how it looks. should be an interesting surprise!

P.S ~ for the badge event, one of the chingus @bairama has made a lee min ho badge which I thought hilarious and cute. please do support after the weekend by voting if you would like to buy such badge.

EDIT: @mademoisellesia ~ just saw @Alice Wonderland has got a lee min ho badge. check out her profile page!

• Thanks 6

reminiscing this iconic scene..:lol: BOF such a gamechanger, many of us i think started to head over heels for LMH since this era.. Or not? When you realize LMH is so awesome? Im curious too..

:saitama:

he is veryyy handsomeeeee

• Like 5
  • Love 2