Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Many great choices so I’ll have to think before I vote.

Really, I meant to come say I finished Faith. And the ending isn’t what I remembered. I...don’t...know... how I feel about it. It’s not as heart wrenching as I remembered. Needless to say, Imja couple is still one of my favorite couples and daejang has my heart :wub:

Yes yes the first time I watched the finale ,I hated the ending....like pissed mad and couldn't understand what 'standing there and smiling' meant this being  only my 2nd kdrama and first sageuk. Over the years, the layers of understanding came to me and I love how profound it actually is. I realized much later that I felt it was an open ending simply because it didnt match what I had in my naive mind. Daejang was sitting there like he knew she would return. Imja went back and forth determined to meet him him and complete their story/fate. It was poignantly beautiful. I'm still not over imja couple. Their journey was so well-written. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Forget dark, forget rom com/makjang....give me Epic Historical Drama with LMH as Goryeo General, broken person whose life devoted to his country but found love in the midst of living his duty.

WAIT, WHAT?

Can you say that again?

fjydjrjkkkdnshtgnvtdnkogsnudjicit

I’m a proud daejang stan! 

And historical drama what? Coming from “love lmh but I just don’t like historical dramas”? 

I told you to give it 5 episodes. Can I say I told you so? :P

My work here is done.

p.s. I just finished 24 episodes of Faith and I’m not even kidding, I miss daejang and the imja couple so much I think I might rewatch :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

WAIT, WHAT?

Can you say that again?

And historical drama what? Coming from “love lmh but I just don’t like historical dramas”? 

My work here is done.

p.s. I just finished 24 episodes of Faith and I’m not even kidding, I miss daejang and the imja couple so much I think I might rewatch :lol:

I feel attacked!!!:wub: another epic historical drama with LMH as broken Goryeo General whose life devoted to his country but found love in the midst of living his duty ?

@scrawford Did you not watch Faith? :P what you mentioned IS the synopsis for Faith. :approves:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

23 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks a lot @Lmangla for the effort.   Would love to see Min Ho-ssi in historical again after seeing Faith but I have to go for mystery / suspense - something that he manages to get mepulling us in his form with his acting, tone and expressions, that kicks up the
massive adrenaline rush in me. 
:bashful:

Chingu, count me in!!!!:bashful:

I vote for one of this: 'Socially awkward person who struggles to express' and I find myself aldy hurting and rooting for this character eventhough i will never know if LMH will choose this character or not haha :sweatingbullets:

I mean struggles to express??? LMH will excellently show it just with his eyes and I know Im gonna end up bawling

urghhh:cries:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks a lot @Lmangla for the effort.   

you are welcome! :)

and P.S chingus, forgot to mention, if you haven't seen it already, we are having an event competition where people get to show off their art work/photoshop skills by creating badges for the community. so if you are hankering for a Lee Min Ho badge, please make one and submit so that others can get one through the members shop. we are not looking for anything super professional -- the idea is to have fun if you have a few hours to kill this weekend.

for more details and some of the badges people have already made, see:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

LOL, I can understand how you feel. 8 years have gone by & after watching so many kdramas, the quality of new dramas have set the bar higher. There are still some really good moment which on rewatch I still feel the emotions but the ending had never been as satisfying because they stood there & stare and deprived us of the hug they were supposed to have as per script and this was the joint decision of LMH, KHS and PD after trying to hug with her hat on in BTS. If they had hugged, I imagined it would have been the kind of hugs that LG and TE had in ep12 or 15

I thought I’d be able to accept the ending knowing fully what I was getting myself into. And then it happened and I wanted more than anything to reach into the screen and pull that stupid biggo hat off of imja :lol:. I’m as frustrated as before! 

Don’t make me envision a hug like LeeEul’s. It gets me angry at the missed opportunity. 

:onfirex:

:lol:

• LOL 7

14 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Forget dark, forget rom com/makjang....give me Epic Historical Drama with LMH as Goryeo General, broken person whose life devoted to his country but found love in the midst of living his duty. Since it will be Melo, MCW should be good for the role of FL right? 

Ohh  @scrawford  So glad to hear your thoughts on this.    I could not decide whether to pick historical or the other ... seeing him as the Daejang arousing that longing, lingering yet painful feel for the woman he loves so dearly.

11 minutes ago, Layali said:

Yes yes the first time I watched the finale ,I hated the ending....like pissed mad and couldn't understand what 'standing there and smiling' meant this being  only my 2nd kdrama and first sageuk. Over the years, the layers of understanding came to me and I love how profound it actually is. I realized much later that I felt it was an open ending simply because it didnt match what I had in my naive mind. Daejang was sitting there like he knew she would return. Imja went back and forth determined to meet him him and complete their story/fate. It was poignantly beautiful. I'm still not over imja couple. Their journey was so well-written. 

Yea @Layali was hoping for a hug or something, maybe the effect of TKEM :wub:.  The scene was beautiful, tears were rolling down my cheeks with a faint smile.    He waited.  She did not give up.  Perfect ending!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Heretorant said:

I thought I’d be able to accept the ending knowing fully what I was getting myself into. And then it happened and I wanted more than anything to reach into the screen and pull that stupid biggo hat off of imja. I’m as frustrated as before! 

Don’t make me envision a hug like LeeEul’s. It gets me angry at the missed opportunity.

Oops too late, because I have planted the seed in your mind :w00t: It will germinate soon because we are not in between 0 and 1. :cries3:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

28 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

WAIT, WHAT?

Can you say that again?

My work here is done.

Can i be honest? I had to rewatched episode 2-3 because i wasn't really paying attention. It took 3 tries, to finally get to episode 4. Aren't you proud of me? and i already feel for daejang.

But i can't help notice the glaring flaws, like the sound editing, the BGM can be louder than the dialogue, and don't ge me wrong, i started to love Daejang, but how i wish he doesn't look too young? I want more maturity and maybe older Goryeo General? So i started dreaming what could have been.

So think about this, Screenwriter KEH, original netflix, and there will be epic battle scene like Gladiator or game of throne, and the love story would be more similar to Mr. Sushine vibe? so faith combine with Mr. sunshine, but good OST and epic cinematography maybe do 2 season? Arghhh... and we will see choi young again, but are mature version with up to date production.

21 minutes ago, Layali said:

@scrawford Did you not watch Faith? :crazy:

NO.... i just now watching it, cause saeguk is not my thing. But nothing i wouldn't do for my daejang hahahahahah

If it's enduring a saeguk drama, so he can pull my heart out, so be it

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Yea @Layali was hoping for a hug or something, maybe the effect of TKEM :wub:.  The scene was beautiful, tears were rolling down my cheeks with a faint smile.    He waited.  She did not give up.  Perfect ending!

I was hoping for domestic bliss scenes.. The wandering tired daejang finally settled down and content. I had envisaged...for fishing scenes (what was the point of CY mentioning he's good at fishing when asked by the king what he planned to do after leaving the palace?) and shopping scenes..imja loves shopping and daejang was rich as rich could be in Goryeo so I was fantasizing for those kind of scenes.....

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Just now, Layali said:

I was hoping for fishing scenes (what was the point of CY mentioning he's good at fishing when asked by the king what he planned to do after leaving the palace?) and shopping scenes..imja loves shopping and daejang was rich as rich could be in Goryeo so I was fantasizing for those kind of scenes.....

LOL You are so cute @Layali   I was laughing so loud here :allgoodlol:

• LOL 4

29 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ohh  @scrawford  So glad to hear your thoughts on this.    I could not decide whether to pick historical or the other ... seeing him as the Daejang arousing that longing, lingering yet painful feel for the woman he loves so dearly.

So far I'm liking Daejang Character, so imagine if we take this character into current style production, like Mr. Sunshine or Kingdom. Netlfix original. Met the person he loves and after devoting his life for his duty, he wishes to live a normal life, but The kingdom is in turmoil and he can't leave, but ended up leaving his duty and became fugitive with his love, but later the king found where they are and kill the love of his love. And he is after revenge and he died after he got his revenge. 

So i'm thinking, epic, tragedy, romance, broken LMH. heheheheh

Ok, what is faith doing to me?? or more like what is Choi Young do to me!!!!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, scrawford said:

So far I'm liking Daejang Character, so imagine if we take this character into current style production, like Mr. Sunshine or Kingdom. Netlfix original. Met the person he loves and after devoting his life for his duty, he wishes to live a normal life, but The kingdom is in turmoil and he can't leave, but ended up leaving his duty and became fugitive with his love, but later the king found where they are and kill the love of his love. And he is after revenge and he died after he got his revenge. 

So i'm thinking, epic

Sorry to cut your post @scrawford chingu.    Whoa . .the man-of-few-words with a deadly-glance Daejang in current world style - cool!  but hey, could you please, i beg you, change the ending .. no king killing his love .. he can go hunting, fishing, revenge, fight, save, rescue whatever, for honour, for his love ... 
:Please:

• LOL 5

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Sorry to cut your post @scrawford chingu.    Whoa . .the man-of-few-words with a deadly-glance Daejang in current world style - cool!  but hey, could you please, i beg you, change the ending .. no king killing his love .. he can go hunting, fishing, revenge, fight, save, rescue whatever, for honour, for his love ... 

Well.. if we are trying to spread this series into multiple season, we need a lot of stories. if you watch GOT, I'm thinking Jon Snow type character, cause that's what Choi Young remind me of. His whole life has been to protect the wall and be a warrior because he is illegitimate child. Of course with Korean flare and Korean History.

• LOL 5

52 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I thought I’d be able to accept the ending knowing fully what I was getting myself into. And then it happened and I wanted more than anything to reach into the screen and pull that stupid biggo hat off of imja :lol:. I’m as frustrated as before! 

:onfirex:

:lol:

Backtrack mode...

Choi Young won't give imja the hug as LG gave to JTE. Hahaha. I feel awkward just by imagining. Not daejang's style I think? But he gave Imja an almost similar hug when they met again when he found her after Ki Cheol kidnapped her. But it's still different.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:03 AM, msdot said:

So you think you know Faith?  Here's the second quiz on Faith, part of a series of quizzes on LMH's shows. 

1. Cheon Eum-ja, otherwise known as the white-haired flute guy, has what kind of pet?

2. When the Imja couple is at the Governor's compound on Ganghwa Island, what does the Doctor tell Choi Young about why she's giving him a flower?

3. Two part question:  a) What does the King call the two leaders of the Suribang?

b) What is Choi Young's relationship with them?

4. Choi Young is accused of accepting a bribe of how much money?

Hi @msdot, I'm giving it a shot

1. bird
2. The good scent of the flower she gifted him would cover the smell of blood on him 
3. a) Man Bo siblings
     b) Sa suk, one of the leaders, was a friend of Choi Young's master
4. 500 nyang

Thanks, @Lmangla, @CarolynH for the poll!

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Can i be honest? I had to rewatched episode 2-3 because i wasn't really paying attention. It took 3 tries, to finally get to episode 4. Aren't you proud of me? and i already feel for daejang.

But i can't help notice the glaring flaws, like the sound editing, the BGM can be louder than the dialogue, and don't ge me wrong, i started to love Daejang, but how i wish he doesn't look too young? I want more maturity and maybe older Goryeo General? So i started dreaming what could have been.

So think about this, Screenwriter KEH, original netflix, and there will be epic battle scene like Gladiator or game of throne, and the love story would be more similar to Mr. Sushine vibe? so faith combine with Mr. sunshine, but good OST and epic cinematography maybe do 2 season? Arghhh... and we will see choi young again, but are mature version with up to date production.

Well, I appreciate your effort because man, I would have left after giving it so many tries :lol:so yes, yes, am so proud of you! 

Hahaha you spoke my mind about the loud music. I’m over there at the shipper’s thread trying to convince everyone to watch but can’t help adding disclaimer about annoying loud bgm, dated CGI, editing flaws etc etc. :lol:. Oops, did I forget to warn you while trying to lure you into daejang’s trap? :lol:

Is he too young looking for you? I think lmh would still look the same as daejang today. I don’t think he’s aged one bit. :lol:

But your script, I’m wondering if we should quit our jobs and just become scriptwriters :lol:.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

@Nikaa94 She is broadcaster Park Seul Gi. She is fun to watch with LMH! She was actually the one who hosted during "The King" press conference. She said she's nervous to see LMH after a long time. It would be fun to see her do a one-on-one interview with him again! 

syntyche, actually, she's not only a broadcaster but also an actress. I've seen her in (2) dramas : Touch Your Heart (Lee Dong Wook) & Kill Me Heal Me (Ji Sung). I guess she's of the same age as LMH. :blush:

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Layali said:

I was hoping for domestic bliss scenes.. The wandering tired daejang finally settled down and content. I had envisaged...for fishing scenes (what was the point of CY mentioning he's good at fishing when asked by the king what he planned to do after leaving the palace?) and shopping scenes..imja loves shopping and daejang was rich as rich could be in Goryeo so I was fantasizing for those kind of scenes.....

Cry a river... I'd totally love/kill to see this. If my dead fish memory still serves me right, they ran out of time filming at the end. I think they wrapped on the same day it aired the finale. Back then a lot of kdramas at the end were rush, rush, rush - the celebrities all ended up looking bloated with dark circles and eye bags.

@scrawford @Heretorant The videos from 8 years ago (directly recorded from SBS) were bad quality. There are other versions that the sound are not so loud & no noise can be heard through the speakers. And also there are BLU-RAY DVD version available on Amazon Japan for purchase. Edit: Not many stock left!

Edit: Ahhh it is 500 nyang! :bawling: Angry Daejang is so so hot.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Well, I appreciate your effort because man, I would have left after giving it so many tries :lol:so yes, yes, am so proud of you! 

Hahaha you spoke my mind about the loud music. I’m over there at the shipper’s thread trying to convince everyone to watch but can’t help adding disclaimer about annoying loud bgm, dated CGI, editing flaws etc etc. :lol:. Oops, did I forget to warn you while trying to lure you into daejang’s trap? :lol:

Is he too young looking for you? I think lmh would still look the same as daejang today. I don’t think he’s aged one bit. :lol:

But your script, I’m wondering if we should quit our jobs and just become scriptwriters :lol:.

Im not regretting, i almost cried on episode 4 when choi Young refuse to be treated and he was so cold and harsh to Eun so. 

You did warn me. But i love that the romance is taking a back seat for now and we are focus on choi young and the tension within the kingdom. It makes you feel for him and the glimpse of the romance makes it sweet. 

That's why i wish Choi Young character would get Lee Gon production value.

Oh, darling LMH age like a fine wine, you know...the kind i like to drink ;) But 2012 LMH still have that Boyish feel and i feel like 2020 LMH could pull more mature and refined Choi Young

My gosh, what did just come out of my mouth????? I love Lee Gon, I love him and he is perfecto!, but i wish Lee Gon got 24 episode and more focus like Choi young had.

Right?? Right?? we should write LMH next script. I want a revamp for choi young

*****************************************************************************************************

@mademoisellesia where can I watch that better video? resource??

• Like 7
  • LOL 1