Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 6/29/2020 at 2:50 AM, Ilmo yens said:

Pretty much this even here in Paris I run into people talking about the king regularly on the streets and have never experienced this befor

So wonderful that people in Paris talk about the King on the streets. What did you hear them comment about the show?  I am really curious. I did not expect Paris. Is it doing well there?  Is it on the top 10 on Netflix?

Haters claim LMH is famous because of his looks. If that is true, all we need are pictures, photo books, we don't need to see him in a drama or movie. It is because we love his acting that we want to see him in dramas and movies not merely photos in magazines and newspapers. Enough said. :hwaiting:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

33 minutes ago, scrawford said:

but guess what made me do it? There was this one comment “BOF is not my favorite version, but hey at least they gave us Lee Min Ho” and then I went to search who is this LMH guy. After seeing some of of his picture and read his Wikipedia I decided to give it a try. And, well.... the rest is history,  year later I joined soompi and missing this “Lee Min Ho guy”

@mychoiyoung you have read the comic/manga? So... you would understand with some of my frustration on how the SK Changed the storyline.

mainly the love story and some of their intimate swoon moments, have become rather awkward. And how they really amped up the second lead. And really a lot of Ji-Hu and jandi moments aren’t even in the manga

I love tht comment:heart3:

Im watching HanaDan right after I finish BOF. And I endup loveeeeeeeeeee relationship bet Makino & Domyouji more.

Unlike SK version, Makino is the real definition of 'tough weed' I would say, she live up to her name unlike Jandi, rather than tough, GHS potrayal make me feel Jandi  is so annoying cos she yells a lot and being over the top, during the second half her supposed 'toughness' dissapear and relied a lot on Jihoo.

I always feel JunPyo loves Jandi more n Jandi didnt love JunPyo as much as him loving her until the last ep during the pool scene :sweatingbullets: unlike the HanaDan, I can really feel tht both Makino & Domyouji inlove with each other equally

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

sorry but I never want SHK, you saw it TKEM first day, they talked about a actress's scandalise and so many scandalise and all of them effect drama's success, I don't want that his drama partner's private life effect LMH's drama, I don't care her life but I just care LMH's drama success .Because if she star in a drama with LMH, Knetz just talk about her private life .I just want best for LMH

Everything you said!!! I share your sentiment. Maybe sometime laterrrrrrrr in future but not now, even if they never work tgther is also ok with me actually cos I never a fan of her:sweatingbullets: LMH always endup get mindless hate because of nonsense stuff n I definitely dont want this pairing cos it clearly would lead to tht. Not to mention all those shippers thing :crazy: 

Spoiler

SHKxSJK, SHKxHB, 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@mychoiyoung you have read the comic/manga? So... you would understand with some of my frustration on how the SK Changed the storyline.

mainly the love story and some of their intimate swoon moments, have become rather awkward. And how they really amped up the second lead. And really a lot of Ji-Hu and jandi moments aren’t even in the manga

Yes.  It cannot be helped cos Ji-Hu was popular at that time & LMH was a nobody.  They flipped the story to make it more Korean I guess & cater to the fans of KHJ.  If not for his bad acting, KHJ could have been a good foil for LMH's GJP.  Looks-wise, he was the best Rui.  But the guy really cannot act, LOL.   So if you are a purist, you would not like BOF.  Some purists even hated LMH cos they find him "soft". I don't want to even talk about Jandi (looks to the sky)

Story-wise the Japanese version is still the best.  Meteor Garden was the 1st one I saw and that was really popular. However it did not age well.  I did not enjoy the Chinese version.

But among all the F4s, I like the Korean version the most. And of course among the Tsukasa portrayal, LMH for me is the best - despite the changes in the story. Jun Matsumoto is a close close 2nd.  He was a good Tsukasa. The thing was, he was small for  a Tsukasa, LOL

• Like 6

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

It remind me fan fiction again, some fans have talked for a while that they want SHK with LMH, I think it is some fans' dream and ( do you remember Taylor Swift issue :lol: it started just fan jokes and it got bigger and bigger , it was expanded and in the end LMH's agency made a statement  about it:lol:) sorry but I never want SHK, you saw it TKEM first day, they talked about a actress's scandalise and so many scandalise and all of them effect drama's success, I don't want that his drama partner's private life effect LMH's drama, I don't care her life but I just care LMH's drama success .Because if she star in a drama with LMH, Knetz just talk about her private life .I just want best for LMH.

Good lord I hope that remains a dream and is the fakest of fake news. Noooooo he doesn't need any more bad press surrounding his projects. please be a rumour for the NEXT 2 YEARS. I beseech all drama gods.

But I still want LMH SHK pairing .Maybe it could be his first drama after marriage (which I hope is within/after 2 years from now) 

But I fear even in that scenario ,though he may personally not get hate from those who ship her with their bias coz he'd be married in RL but k-media will still drag her and that would negatively affect the drama. So ,that's that.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

WUTT?! HOW CAN YOU FORGET??!!

Never would have thought in a million years that the word YEOGI would be so sexy! Oh my heart. Oh DaeJang!

Yeogi was mentioned a lot even in TKEM and the BOD over dramas blog has done some wonderful interpretation of its use in the drama.

I'm happy to have found this thread. I also keep checking his social media and search for news for his updates whenever I'm free! :P Nice to wait with all of you! 

Have you'll seen his KBS Celebrity Date interview on YouTube before Gangnam Blue premiere? Its so much fun, I rewatch it a lot!

• Like 3
  • Love 4

8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

WUTT?! HOW CAN YOU FORGET??!!

Never would have thought in a million years that the word YEOGI would be so sexy! Oh my heart. Oh DaeJang!

Thank you for welcoming here @CarolynH :wub:

And sorry to cut your post  @mychoiyoung Because of you, I jumped to Epi 20 of Faith, then Epi 21 .. oh my gosh!  You are so dang right!  I dunno which sounded sexier or cornier .. dae jang or yeogi?? !!  (For info, am presently into Faith after TKEM to quench my thirst)

never would I fall helplessly AGAIN for this daejang ... he is so cool here, man of few words with steely gaze!  What a killer!  

:bashful:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

23 minutes ago, Layali said:

Good lord I hope that remains a dream and is the fakest of fake news. Noooooo he doesn't need any more bad press surrounding his projects. please be a rumour for the NEXT 2 YEARS. I beseech all drama gods.

But I still want LMH SHK pairing .Maybe it could be his first drama after marriage (which I hope is within/after 2 years from now) 

But I fear even in that scenario ,though he may personally not get hate from those who ship her with their bias coz he'd be married in RL but k-media will still drag her and that would negatively affect the drama. So ,that's that.

2 years is still early to me. Make it 5 years:joy:

Spoiler

Ya know, maybe its my shipper heart talking rn but im hoping, praying n confidently feel LMH will endup with Ggone :transforms:

Maybe after hes getting his first child, then i can hv a gud nite sleep if LMHxSHK hving a project together:)

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Morning.. :D 

i have been reading your posts.. Thank you for leaving posts here.. Love to read them :heart:

Hallyu Ban lifted in China..SO looking forward to LMH’s next project . Many fans want TKEM s2 and many fans want movie or new drama. :)  What does LMH and MYM want? That is the biggest question which could be answered through a kinda of interview which we don’t have YET  :tears:  I still believe we will have an interview Post-TKEM :D 

MO: I think there is a higher chance he comes back with drama. Why? Now that China lifted the ban and with LMH’s immense popularity in China, he will be chased after for Kdrama with great offers.Previously I said movie better but with this news, maybe drama is the best option. China will buy his drama for iQiY? (Not sure about the name). The offers for drama may be more appealing now to MYM. In contrast, movie offers are risky due to pandemic.

Agree? Disagree? Please feel free to share your opinion! :)  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miss Pizza said:

I love tht comment:heart3:

Im watching HanaDan right after I finish BOF. And I endup loveeeeeeeeeee relationship bet Makino & Domyouji more.

Unlike SK version, Makino is the real definition of 'tough weed' I would say, she live up to her name unlike Jandi, rather than tough, GHS potrayal make me feel Jandi  is so annoying cos she yells a lot and being over the top, during the second half her supposed 'toughness' dissapear and relied a lot on Jihoo.

I always feel JunPyo loves Jandi more n Jandi didnt love JunPyo as much as him loving her until the last ep during the pool scene :sweatingbullets: unlike the HanaDan, I can really feel tht both Makino & Domyouji inlove with each other equally

Hehehehe..... In most reddit post about BOF, LMH's acting were being praised and it piqued my interest since i was at the time loving Dylan Wang portrayal of Dao Ming Se. Boy, i didn't know what i signed up for. The show was outdated so the flaws were a bit more glaring than if i'd watched it while it was airing or right after it ended. But i fell hard for Gu Jun Pyo. 

I definitely love the the love story, chemistry and The FL in the japanese version. Many times i wished to pair LMH/Gu Jun Pyo with Inue Mao/Makino. Maybe in the parallel world?

1 hour ago, Miss Pizza said:

LMH always endup get mindless hate because of nonsense stuff n I definitely dont want this pairing cos it clearly would lead to tht. Not to mention all those shippers thing :crazy: 

Chingu...in my heart, there is only one ship that LMH is on and he is the captain of that very ship :wub:

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Yes.  It cannot be helped cos Ji-Hu was popular at that time & LMH was a nobody.  They flipped the story to make it more Korean I guess & cater to the fans of KHJ.  If not for his bad acting, KHJ could have been a good foil for LMH's GJP.  Looks-wise, he was the best Rui.  But the guy really cannot act, LOL.   So if you are a purist, you would not like BOF.  Some purists even hated LMH cos they find him "soft". I don't want to even talk about Jandi (looks to the sky)

Story-wise the Japanese version is still the best.  Meteor Garden was the 1st one I saw and that was really popular. However it did not age well.  I did not enjoy the Chinese version.

But among all the F4s, I like the Korean version the most. And of course among the Tsukasa portrayal, LMH for me is the best - despite the changes in the story. Jun Matsumoto is a close close 2nd.  He was a good Tsukasa. The thing was, he was small for  a Tsukasa, LOL

I backtrack this thread all the way back to BOF era because i want to know what people are saying about the show while it was airing, and here i found that some people read an article from Yahoo, where they interview the PD and production house, and it was true that they were intentionally amping up the Second Lead storyline due to KHJ popularity, at the time they thought people will tune in for KHJ and they didn't expect LMH would stole the show and shot to stardom.

To their defense, in the early stage of the manga, Yoko Kamio original was going to make Makino and Rui story with Tsukasa as the second love interest to add tension in the F4 friendship, but Tsukasa was smooth and the reader came to love him and root for him to get the girl. So, i see what the SK version was trying to do, but still, the story is established at the time that BOF is about GJP and JD, and its fine if they want to make the second lead more prominent, but i wished they wouldn't rewrite or watered down JD and JP intimate moment. 

I don't know whether I would considered myself a purist or not, because each version tweaked the story to make their version  stand out/different than the others and i have no problem with that. However my disappointment for the Korean version is that they really Botched Jandi and Jun Pyo arc. The only time i think LMH's portrayal as Jun Pyo was soft was the fact that He would ended up marrying Jae Kyun if she didn't cancelled at the Altar. LMH did look very sad and he nailed that scene and it's not his fault that the script was written that way. I agree that the way Jun Pyo was written a bit soft, but, LMH did 120% percent with his portrayal, he made Jun Pyo his own and charismatic. I wouldn't know how BOF would Turned out if somebody other than LMH played the part for GJP.

I agree, storywise The Japanese Version takes the cake for me, but Matsujun is my least favorite Tsukasa and he is short Lol!. But I'm still rooting for him to be with makino, it's because they stayed true with the OTP story arc. Although i had moment of weakness with Rui in season 2.

Meteor Garden TW (2001) I had the fondest memories of watching it, and it had all the feels, but yeah it doesn't age well and the fashion??? *shudder. But, it was big!!! it really paved the way for the franchise and for me it opens up the realm of Asian drama at the time.

All in All, LMH did the best TSukasa/GJP. If i could change story and FL in any of his past drama, it would be BOF. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

MO: I think there is a higher chance he comes back with drama. Why? Now that China lifted the ban and with LMH’s immense popularity in China, he will be chased after for Kdrama with great offers.Previously I said movie better but with this news, maybe drama is the best option. China will buy his drama for iQiY? (Not sure about the name). The offers for drama may be more appealing now to MYM. In contrast, movie offers are risky due to pandemic.

If it’s on iQiY, will it not be aired on Netflix? I prefer Netflix hands down! 

If he comes back with a drama, I’m not complaining because I get to see him on screen for 16+ hours. 

I’m growing greedier as the days go by and he’s nowhere to be seen. 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

20 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

If it’s on iQiY, will it not be aired on Netflix? I prefer Netflix hands down! 

If he comes back with a drama, I’m not complaining because I get to see him on screen for 16+ hours. 

I’m growing greedier as the days go by and he’s nowhere to be seen. 

So a Netflix drama cannot be also bought by iQiY?  I didn't know that!  Lets ask @gtLmh0622  if there is a solution to both get Netflix and iQiy or other chinese platform.  Am I greedy??  :joy:

Lets open a door to both Netflix and Chinese platform, lets open a door for our Oppa! :joy:

No news from him and i don't know what to do!! I have never felt this helpless and desperate before :bawling:

I am getting greedier about his come back too! no patience whatsoever! :D 

Edit: 16 hours not enough, can we get 20 hours please?? :( 

wait, are tvN dramas 1 hour and half ? tvN is better than SBS

If SBS steals LMH's next drama, SBS shall be beheaded!! :relieved:

• LOL 4

18 hours ago, Heretorant said:

watching a new drama. Imja moving into daejang’s room is a surprise to me :sweatingbullets:

Daejang is so romantic when he wants to be! 

“I will protect you your entire life, so will you be with me?”

”If I am to have imja, it is for an entire life. Not today, this one day, nor a few days.” 

Yes, incredibly  beautiful and sweet!

• Love 3

15 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

So a Netflix drama cannot be also bought by iQiY?  I didn't know that!  Lets ask @gtLmh0622  if there is a solution to both get Netflix and iQiy or other chinese platform.  Am I greedy??  :joy:

Lets open a door to both Netflix and Chinese platform, lets open a door for our Oppa! :joy:

No news from him and i don't know what to do!! I have never felt this helpless and desperate before :bawling:

I am getting greedier about his come back too! no patience whatsoever! :D 

Edit: 16 hours not enough, can we get 20 hours please?? :( 

wait, are tvN dramas 1 hour and half ? tvN is better than SBS

If SBS steals LMH's next drama, SBS shall be beheaded!! :relieved:

I have no idea if it can be broadcast on the both platforms. Backstreet Rookie is currently airing on iQiY but not on Netflix so I was wondering if it’s because it can’t be on both. Yes, we need answers from @gtLmh0622 :lol: 

tvN has no limits. The drama can run on for 2 hours if he wanted. I say yes to tvN! Please god, no SBS! I’m done with SBS! I’ve been done with them for years now! 

I’m greedier than that too. I want 3 whole months with lmh so I am asking for 24 episodes :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Morning.. :D 

i have been reading your posts.. Thank you for leaving posts here.. Love to read them :heart:

Hallyu Ban lifted in China..SO looking forward to LMH’s next project . Many fans want TKEM s2 and many fans want movie or new drama. :)  What does LMH and MYM want? That is the biggest question which could be answered through a kinda of interview which we don’t have YET  :tears:  I still believe we will have an interview Post-TKEM :D 

I'm on the camp of No TKEM season 2. Sure, if there is season 2 with original cast, i will support 100% . But for now, i would say lets move on and leave TKEM legacy as it is. If there is one, please be a good strong script and clear editing as the story is very complex.

It's good that Hallyu ban is lifted in China and i know that our boy is well loved there. Not sure If a drama can be stream on Netflix and IqiY at the same time. I prefer netflix, it reaches broader audience

I want LMH in Movie so bad, but the last 2 days, i have been missing him and would be ok if his next project is a drama, however, Now i'm really favoring writer No Hee Kyung. After looking at her catalog, she seems to write Strong story with well develop character, and i would love to see LMH in one of her drama. She is no rating queen but she got more baeksang than KES, and we know that International rating is taken care of by LMH. And as far as Local ratings, now we know that Nothing is guaranteed anymore. So, im in favor for strong and well develop story. With no 10 side characters. lol!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I have no idea if it can be broadcast on the both platforms. Backstreet Rookie is currently airing on iQiY but not on Netflix so I was wondering if it’s because it can’t be on both. Yes, we need answers from @gtLmh0622 :lol: 

tvN has no limits. The drama can run on for 2 hours if he wanted. I say yes to tvN! Please god, no SBS! I’m done with SBS! I’ve been done with them for years now! 

I’m greedier than that too. I want 3 whole months with lmh so I am asking for 24 episodes :lol:

I forgot about JTBC.. JTBC is also producing good dramas lately,,  :D 

I want LMH to break away from SBS and go the opposite pole! :joy:  

A 16+ dark and exciting JTBC drama but with No adult bed scenes , I personally don't want LMH to be in a drama like TWOTMC which had scenes of ML-FL on bed lol because he also has to keep his image. You know, most Korean actors avoid these scenes. The bed scenes in WRWSK (PMY) were okay but more than that would also hurt LMH's image. You can disagree with me, but I think it is for best. SK industry differs from that of Western. 

You know the neck kiss we got in TKEM was perfect and delivered the adult feels well without going into details. Details can be left to the audience imagination! :joy:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I forgot about JTBC.. JTBC is also producing good dramas lately,,  :D 

I want LMH to break away from SBS and go the opposite pole! :joy:  

A 16+ dark and exciting JTBC drama but with No adult bed scenes , I personally don't want LMH to be in a drama like TWOTMC which had scenes of ML-FL on bed lol because he also has to keep his image. You know, most Korean actors avoid these scenes. The bed scenes in WRWSK (PMY) were okay but more than that would also hurt LMH's image. You can disagree with me, but I think it is for best. 

Yes for JTBC. Their stories are pushing the envelop. I like it.

Hmmmm I guess I'm the gutter fan girl here. LOL!

Ok, for drama, maybe more like WRWSK or Something in the rain Bed scene. But for a Movie, i'm willing to see a little more as long as its done nicely and classy. Nothing Like KRW in GB, no...please no.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Yes for JTBC. Their stories are pushing the envelop. I like it.

Hmmmm I guess I'm the gutter fan girl here. LOL!

Ok, for drama, maybe more like WRWSK or Something in the rain Bed scene. But for Movie, i don't know, i'm willing to see a little more as long as its done nicely and classy. Nothing Like KRW in GB, no...please no.

agree!! that is a no no!  You see big actress like SHK also don't have scenes like that. The bigger the star is, the bigger the burden and pressure of image maintenance. You know how big LMH's name is. 

Yes scenes in WRWSK or in the rain are fine! Even SYJ with her image had those scenes. Those scenes are safe and okay. They can deliver the adult feels enough with good directing and angle view LOL . There is no need to go beyond that. 

• Like 9

18 hours ago, leeminhosny said:
18 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Jfowhkdhwnsodbdkdbdkebos

I totally forgot we were robbed of another kiss in episode 21! How dare that Woodalchi interrupt the “daejang” kiss!!

:onfirex:

Ignore me.

there is just 1 kiss in Faith?

In the series, yes, just one.:( But it's a good one!

OiEfHlB.jpg

In my  written recaps/adaptation of the series, I snuck a few more in!  In Song Ji-na's script for Episode 24, they at least get to hug when they are reunited at last!

17 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

me too, Love to see LMH in pain.  I still remember all those scenes in City Hunter when he got shot .

He does anguish really, really well. And he looks gorgeous doing it! Just draws me in like crazy in sympathy with him.

• Like 7