Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

You’re right! We should be proud and we are proud! Let’s focus on being happy for him :D 

It’s currently ranked number 13 in the world on Flixpatrol because they don’t have all the data but we know it already placed 9 according to Netflix. So even more reasons to celebrate!

:doggie:

What do you think the highest TKEM will get? Is it to ambitious if I predict top 3 or even no 1??:sparklyeyes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

K-Media reported so many times a drama's just a country ranking,  they are talking about that drama success in 7263726 articles just according a country ranking but still they don't talk TKEM worldwide success, there are just 1-2 article , nobody see them and they are lacking too. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

What do you think the highest TKEM will get? Is it to ambitious if I predict top 3 or even no 1??:sparklyeyes:

Yes please yes. I would be over the moon. Could you imagined a good slap in the face for those media?!! I so want to put a side by side article with this success next to the nonsense articles and do the rounds on SNS. If they want to do the unbias article they should include all the pro and con and would be fairer for the whole of TKEM team including everyone involved in this project. My sincere wishes.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

K-Media reported so many times a drama's just a country ranking,  they are talking about that drama success in 7263726 articles just according a country ranking but still they don't talk TKEM worldwide success, there are just 1-2 article , nobody see them and they are lacking too. 

Exactly. This is so unfair. LMH global reach paved way for TKEM to be watched by so many international audience and now other dramas are also being watched by i-audience.I'm sure k-media will start publishing 737448948 articles about how he-shall-not-be -named-here's airing drama is also gaining worldwide popularity completely disregarding the fact that LMH was the gateway for most i-audience into kdrama. and that TKEM had a huge role towards K-drama domination on Netflix. I already saw 2 articles claiming so and so is a korean wave star (like really? are we living in the same world?)and no credit to LMH (just a mere mention that he starred in tkem)when said article mentioned Parasite and music groups overseas success.:cries: How could any sane person living in this day and age writing about k-drama overseas success not mention LMH role in contributing to this phenomenon but mention someone else who is merely reaping benefits of international fans through LMH ??? Like how?If this omission of his contribution is not a witch-hunt,I don't know what is.

Thus far there were only few (less than 5) articles about TKEM Netflix success and that too not on major news portals that were probably not widely read. There is clearly a witch-hunt against his success and popularity.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

What is this beef with KES and PJE? . These two women has done great by LMH and probably responsible for his career growth. 

I think what some are trying to convey it may just be a gap in time, before Kdramas were less risqué, relied on tropes whereas now changing times, changing tastes people like different things, or variety. I too loved KES when she did Lovers in Paris  when that came out(that was a really funny drama!)   alongside Secret Garden, Heirs, etc. Maybe viewing habits have changed for the younger ones or for people in general who are looking for "new blood" so to speak who are from their generation and want something fresh and new and out of the box. Although TKEM is also out of the box, they want a different interpretation besides the realm of the magic created by  Kim Eun Sook. 

that being said,  I feel so old now!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Enlighten me here ma friends.

Kdrama psy$&o that being aired right now, does it also have the same success as tkem? Hype in the world level? Because I don't see that in my country, Indonesia. Well, at least not as hype as tkem.

Tkem, it's another story. It was, is, phenomenal here. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, Layali said:

There is clearly a witch-hunt against his success and popularity.

I am calm about it to be honest. I know there is witch-hunt we are all certain of this but they are on short notice. If they don't react on naver they will face backlash and they are not gonna like it. If one comes it's gonna be severe and trash their image overseas and inside sk

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

33 minutes ago, Layali said:

Exactly. This is so unfair. LMH global reach paved way for TKEM to be watched by so many international audience and now other dramas are also being watched by i-audience.I'm sure k-media will start publishing 737448948 articles about how he-shall-not-be -named-here's airing drama is also gaining worldwide popularity completely disregarding the fact that LMH was the gateway for most i-audience into kdrama. and that TKEM had a huge role towards K-drama domination on Netflix. I already saw 2 articles claiming so and so is a korean wave star (like really? are we living in the same world?)and no credit to LMH (just a mere mention that he starred in tkem)when said article mentioned Parasite and music groups overseas success.:cries: How could any sane person living in this day and age writing about k-drama overseas success not mention LMH role in contributing to this phenomenon but mention someone else who is merely reaping benefits of international fans through LMH ??? Like how?If this omission of his contribution is not a witch-hunt,I don't know what is.

Thus far there were only few (less than 5) articles about TKEM Netflix success and that too not on major news portals that were probably not widely read. There is clearly a witch-hunt against his success and popularity.

IKR!!! its so dumbfounded they talk abt Korean Wave effect yada yada but didnt mentioned who is the one who originally & singlehandedly paved the way through it

Spoiler

And do you see how now they saying that tvn drama getting low rating because people watching it at netflix. Sounds familiar isnt it?<_<

• Unamused 2
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Layali said:

K-media underestimates LMH's international success always, I hope overseas new portals report this success and I just want to send a rocket them:onfirex:

7 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

Hide contents

And do you see how now they saying that tvn drama getting low rating because people watching it at netflix. Sounds familiar wasnt it?<_<

K-media wrote title of articles for TKEM "rating drop, decrease, again drop again drop, keep droing rating etc." but I looked yesterday I never saw "drop , decrease" words , they just wrote rating even "highest moment" rating not average rating for title , we saw NETZB articles about rating almost after every ep

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, madmad min said:
21 hours ago, CarolynH said:

think non LMH will see who he really is by doing a variety-type show

Didn't LMH do a show wherein he visited nearby DMZ?? Something like that. Does that count???

That was not a variety show. It was a documentary where he was not only a narrator but was an on-site presenter as well - first time to happen.  He did this w/o any talent fee. I think he did it as a further contribution to his civic duty cos he cannot be on active duty for his military service.'

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

K-media underestimates LMH's international success always, I hope overseas new portals report this success and I just want to send a rocket them:onfirex:

K-media wrote title of articles for TKEM "rating drop, decrease, again drop again drop, keep droing rating etc." but I looked yesterday I never saw "drop , decrease" words , they just wrote rating even "highest moment" rating not average rating for title , we saw NETZB articles about rating almost after every ep

Spoiler

That drama has its luck being air on cable network so media will keep on say tht rating was okay yada yada, so they able to cover their double standard, im wondering if it on air on public broadcast <_<

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

Enlighten me here ma friends.

Kdrama psy$&o that being aired right now, does it also have the same success as tkem? Hype in the world level? Because I don't see that in my country, Indonesia. Well, at least not as hype as tkem.

Tkem, it's another story. It was, is, phenomenal here. 

Not remotely comparable. (Psycho is operating exclusively in East asian markets and didn't manage to break into other markets such the sub-contentinet, Latin America, Middle-east, Europe and africa etc etc) In that sense they are not competitors where as the king's competition were snowpiecere, white lines, outer banks etc etc just because they came out from the same area doesn't mean they are direct competition on the platform they also aired in different timelines psycho competiton is currently airing netflix shows. Psysco is a tiny drama on all metrics. It would be like comparing ''elephant and ant'' 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

I am calm about it to be honest. I know there is witch-hunt we are all certain of this but they are on short notice. If they don't react on naver they will face backlash and they are not gonna like it. If one comes it's gonna be severe and trash their image overseas and inside sk

Please teach me how you remain calm.The only way I can remain calm is by not visiting said news portals. But I know our boy also must be seeing those degrading articles and I hurt for him.

I'm frothing at the mouth furious about this whole shady media thing.

Rant not over!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Not remotely comparable. (Psycho is operating exclusively in East asian markets and didn't manage to break into other markets such the sub-contentinet, Latin America, Middle-east, Europe and africa etc etc) In that sense they are not competitors where as the king's competition were snowpiecere, white lines, outer banks etc etc just because they came out from the same area doesn't mean they are direct competition on the platform they also aired in different timelines psycho competiton is currently airing netflix shows. Psysco is a tiny drama on all metrics. It would be like comparing ''elephant and ant'' 

Would you mind to share with us how differ both TKEM & Psycho metric is? Is it the theme or market reach? Im afraid you hv aldy mentioned it before but I might missed it

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Narine Joa said:

Was Choi Young an ally to Kublai Khan

I don't think so. Kublai Khan's invasion of Goryeo was around 1260's while Choi Yeong's military might was recorded around 1350's & onwards. They were almost a century apart.

Spoiler

The writers are not put in any specific order.

1-Yoo Young-A (Movie: Kim Ji-Young: Born 1982, On your wedding day, because I love you, Drama: Encounter, entertainer) 

2- Im Sang-Choon  (Fight for my way, when camellia blooms)

3- Jung Hyun-Jung (Romance is a bonus book, Five Enough, Discovery of Love, I need romance 3)  

4- Jo Gwang-Jin (itaewoon class)

5- Song Ji-Na  (Faith, Healer)

6- Yoo Hyun-Mi (SKY castle)

7- Jang Young-Cheol (Vagabond, empress Ki, History of salary man)

8- Song Jae-Jung (W, Memories of Alahmbra, Nine: 9 Times Time Travel)

9- Jin Soo-Wan (Chicago typewriter, Kill me Heal Me)

10- Park Hae-Young (My Mister, another Miss oh)

11 Kim Eun Hee (Signal, Kingdom) 

12- No Hee-Kyung  (Here (new), Live, Dear my friends, that winter the wind blows, It's Ok, That's love)

13- Kim Eun (Something in the rain)

14- JOO Hyun (The world of the married, Revolutionary Love)

@Nikaa94 I vote 2, 5, 8, 9, 11

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

You’re right! We should be proud and we are proud! Let’s focus on being happy for him :D 

I totally support what @Heretorant says above!    Imma much a pretty new fan towards Min Ho-ssi as I am presently rooting for another oppa.  I for one do not look at others but after watching TKEM, I am impressed , very much taken by him and his lady Kim GE-ssi - not just the chemistry, the story line and flow ... yea the initial episodes did spin me round and round. Have to thank you fellow soompiers here for the detailed explanations and everything :D 

I like to share this quote (not mine) here  -  

Work hard in silence. Let success make the noise

Lots of people talk more than they do.
Perhaps because it is easier to do this rather than to do the work. But this will not get you anywhere.

Only your actions will make things happen. Only actions will show others that you are serious and committed to your goals.

so back to Lee MH-ssi - he knows what he is doing and his humbleness and tenacity is reaping the success sweetly.

• Like 7
  • Love 8

@Miss Pizza 

It didn't have buzz during it's take-off which is why the beginning has been so slow plus low social media buzz. Mainstream viewers will likely not pick it either due to genre. I think it's romance flat out added with some histronics and the male audience will be the first once to not watch followed by alot of other genre related female viewers and specifically i-viewers. It lacks spectacles because it's not a big budget fantasy with alot of mystic, magic, parallel worlds, time travel etc etc no spectacles just romance in everyday life setting and there are plenty of these on the library hence there is no demand for it. It will get passed on by default due to these reasons. You can check it's metrics from Social media to rankings it's low not taking anything away from this drama tho and this was just an objective adresse on the matter for educational reasons 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I thought same they said they are busy but still there isn't only interview photoshot, not only LMH but also TKEM team actors right? Did you see WDH or KGE interview?

Chingu, think, When the TKEM cast came to the studio to shoot the Netflix Photoshoot/promo, they also went ahead and shot the Jenga and "who Me " game. After that TKEM cast were so busy with tight shooting schedule that they never had time to comeback to shoot more content.

It sucks but it is what it is. Especially for my shippers heart, i'd love to see LMHxKGE couch talk or any interview just the two of them.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1