Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

7 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

really? I don't watch HP. Good for them. I don't think HP is as globally hit as TKEM. TKEM is number #9 on the Netflix world ranking. If we don't get season 2, I kinda feel sad. When SBS news talked about TKEM success locally and globally, it felt so good,because then I realized the cast and crew KNOW about it. They are aware of this globally hit drama. Even after TKEM ended, it is still top around the world. Even if we don't get season 2, TKEM will be more hit because it is a completed drama. 

It did really well in SK because of the brand. The PD is well known for his Reply series and Prison Playbook. 

I only love Reply 1988 and Prison Playbook. HP didn't click with me despite having 3 likeable leads. 

I know I felt the same way. Letting the cast and production crew finally know about the global success of TKEM via SBS news was a defining moment. 

Though I am still not forgiving SBS for letting all the disparaging comments about the ratings continue till the end of the broadcast. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

It did really well in SK because of the brand. The PD is well known for his Reply series and Prison Playbook. 

I only love Reply 1988 and Prison Playbook. HP didn't click with me despite having 3 likeable leads. 

I know I felt the same way. Letting the cast and production crew finally know about the global success of TKEM via SBS news was a defining moment. 

Though I am still not forgiving SBS for letting all the disparaging comments about the ratings continue till the end of the broadcast. 

yeah apparently reply series are very known in SK. But I find them kinda boring. I don't think the PD and writer write stuff that attract global fans. They care mostly about SK. I think the production company of these type of drama don't go with high paid actors like LMH. They rely on simple and heart-warming stories to make viewers watch without casting buzz creating cast. I personally hope LMH won't be in a drama with a lot of characters. I prefer him to be in a small but strong casting team. Managing a drama with a lot of characters and distributing screen time yet carrying story is kinda hard. 

I will not forgive lazy SBS too. :joy: they pay a lot for drama itself (I'm sure TKEM was expensive) so maybe they don't wanna do other promotions. In contrast, tvN and JTBC have much better promotions. People pay to watch dramas there and writer don't have worry much about PPL. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

yeah apparently reply series are very known in SK. But I find them kinda boring. I don't think the PD and writer write stuff that attract global fans. They care mostly about SK. 

I will not forgive lazy SBS too. :joy: they pay a lot for drama itself (I'm sure TKEM was expensive) so maybe they don't wanna do other promotions. In contrast, tvN and JTBC have much better promotions. People pay to watch dramas there and writer don't have worry much about PPL. 

The first Reply drama Reply 1997 was a bona-fide surprise hit. Nobody expected it to be big. It clicked because the audience felt nostalgic about their own past youth. 

Spoiler

Same thing with the succeeding two other series. It had something to do with making the audience relate and feel nostalgic to that specific time where the story unfolds. 

Nostalgia is the key. It makes people remember their past, being young, fangirling about their oppas (Reply 1997/1994) , first loves, first heartbreak. It easily speaks to the audience. Because everyone goes through this at least once in their life. Not just in South Korea but everywhere else in the world. 

While Prison Playbook has a different vibe because the writer is different. But I really liked the story. 

If I could use sweets to describe above dramas to TKEM, then I'll say for me PD Shin's Reply 1988 is like custard pudding, sweet and comforting.

While TKEM is, to borrow a line from Forrest Gump, "was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get". It is full of surprises and twists. :P

• Like 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

hahahahha.... i have been re watching it too. partly listening to his voice and partly wanting to hear if there is KGE's voice lol!

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHY ARE YOU SO ME? :lol::lol::lol:

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:
3 hours ago, scrawford said:

Ok ok.... when i originally wrote Hong Sisters, i put "?" as in, i am not sure cause i have not seen their drama but they are popular, so that's why i put their name on my list, but....they were last on my list and honestly im not so sure either.

They are popular but can't get over ghost stories :lol: I don't like their stories 

I had to cover my eyes half of the time I watched Hotel Del Luna :lol:. I think Hong Sisters are like another writer Kim and writer Park. Most of their dramas do good and sure I enjoy it, but they are never my favorite dramas.

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Honestly I feel like there is shortage of female leads in SK drama industry. :joy:  Yeah IU proved her acting ability in HDL. I am glad she didn't give up and has continued to work hard. 

IU is an impressive actress I’d say. I don’t even see her as an idol when she acts. Of course I approve them working together :D

My bet is on IU or GHJ. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

LMH twt update

news link:

0004600655_001_20200623100503512.jpg?typ

Lee Min-ho releases Kakao Talk emoticon for his character Minomi.

All proceeds from the sale will be donated 

Thanks to the popularity of actor Lee Min-ho, the character "Minomi" was released as a Kakao Talk emoticon.

Minomi, a lion doll character symbolizing Lee Min-ho, recently released 16 emoticons on Kakao Talk. The "Minomi" emoticon cutely captures Lee Min-ho's emperor costume, which became popular in the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch."

Domestic and overseas fans are showing enthusiastic response with the launch of the "Minomi" emoticon. The proceeds from the sale will be donated in full according to Lee Min-ho's will. Lee Min-ho's donation projects, which shares the value of sharing through various campaigns in daily life as well as national disasters such as the Covid-19 donation, adds warmth.

Marking the 14th anniversary of his debut this year, Lee Min-ho opened his career as a 30-year-old by showing more mature looks and acting skills through "The King," which he chose as his first comeback film after being discharged from the military.

In response, Lee Min-ho ranked No. 1 in the drama's popularity category in June released by Good Data Corporation, a TV popularity analysis agency, and "The King" was the only Korean film to rank in the top 10 in the Netflix World Ranking, showing strong Hallyu influence.

Recently, he once again proved his global status by boasting the overwhelming number of followers among Korean actors on major SNS channels such as Weibo (28.6 million or more), Facebook (17.4 million or more), and Instagram (17 million or more), one of the criteria for the actual popularity of Hallyu stars.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho's character "Minomi" emoticons, which were released this month, will be available at the KakaoTalk emoticon shop, and all proceeds from the sale will be donated to places in need of help.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/009/0004600655?lfrom=twitter

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

yeah apparently reply series are very known in SK. But I find them kinda boring. I don't think the PD and writer write stuff that attract global fans. They care mostly about SK. I think the production company of these type of drama don't go with high paid actors like LMH. They rely on simple and heart-warming stories to make viewers watch without casting buzz creating cast. I personally hope LMH won't be in a drama with a lot of characters. I prefer him to be in a small but strong casting team. Managing a drama with a lot of characters and distributing screen time yet carrying story is kinda hard. 

I don't like the Reply series and Hospital Playlist either, but I understand why others do.  I prefer to have an actual plot in the shows I watch, compared to character studies or characters merely interacting which is the trademark of those shows mentioned.    Honestly, I do not want LMH to do a slice-of-life drama.  I want more action!

EDIT:  Regarding actresses to be paired with, my first choice would be IU (wishful thinking!).  Kim Ji Won would also be great (Heirs reunion LOL).   

Just realized that a lot of the top Korean actresses that LMH hasn't worked with yet are all older.  LMH has pretty much worked with the top actresses in the 25-30 year old range (PMY, PSH, KGE) and some acting heavyweights too (JJH, SYJ).  He has not worked with an idol turned actress yet although the only two prominent ones are IU and the ex anyway :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, gwin said:

I don't like the Reply series and Hospital Playlist either, but I understand why others do.  I prefer to have an actual plot in the shows I watch, compared to character studies or characters merely interacting which is the trademark of those shows mentioned.    Honestly, I do not want LMH to do a slice-of-life drama.  I want more action!

Agree with everything you said. You know these type of dramas have separate story each episode and the story itself stands out. I want LMH to have action and involvement through his character development and love story. To be honest, it would be a waste of LMH's talent if he were to star in these type of dramas. LMH's acting is great enough for him to get absorbed in a well-written character and bring out the story by himself and his interaction with other characters. I have mentioned this previously, many of LMH's dramas are successful because of LMH's portrayal of that character. For example, HJJ in LOTBS. I liked his character a lot more than the story line itself. Lee Gon was also very well played so much so that the character stands out of the story. LMH himself focuses more on choice of character+writer and director. He is cautious enough to work with great writers and also act alongside strong cast. 

Yes, IU is good! I guess she will be next. We all have this hunch. :joy:

KJW is on my top 3 choices too (IU, PBY, KJW). Her acting is good. Heirs reunion!! YES!!

The title of article "LMH has reunion with The heirs cast KJW" :joy:  Imagine PSH make a cameo as his ex-girlfriend in the drama. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Thanks everyone for stopping in to wish our LMH a happy birthday Monarchs-@timeloop, @vangsweetie637, @Heilo, @llmo yens, @Joanna Alfson, @AgentQuake, @Flloy House  and new friends to the LMH thread @TiNaDo, @lupeace, @Miss Pizza and @Killa92!  I hope I didn't miss anyone.  Forgive me if I did and please tag yourself:crybaby: You're always welcome at the house LMH built.:kiss_wink:

I hope LMH choose something soon.  The title looks so bare now:(.  I wouldn't mind IU with LMH because she can help with the ratings, and is a solid actress, but I think she isn't available until 2021.  

• Like 11
  • Love 2

On 6/23/2007 at 10:11 AM, Guest jojo12144 said:

it doesnt say in any of his profiles online how tall he is

:S

im guessing like 6 foot, anyone agree with me?

=)

I believe he is 6'2. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Has anyone from the USA tried buying from the official MINOZ website? How would you rate their shipment process? I want to buy a Minomi keyring but I'm not sure how legit the shipment process is. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks everyone for stopping in to wish our LMH a happy birthday Monarchs-@timeloop, @vangsweetie637, @Heilo, @llmo yens, @Joanna Alfson, @AgentQuake, @Flloy House  and new friends to the LMH thread @TiNaDo, @lupeace, @Miss Pizza and @Killa92!  I hope I didn't miss anyone.  Forgive me if I did and please tag yourself:crybaby: You're always welcome at the house LMH built.:kiss_wink:

I hope LMH choose something soon.  The title looks so bare now:( I wouldn't mind IU with LMH because she can help with the ratings, and is a solid actress, but I think she isn't available until 2021.  

what is she up to these days? drama?

i figured PSH has no drama plans yet. There is a chance she will have a reunion with him. I didn't pay attention to schedule of actresses before. PBY has confirmed for a drama too. I don't think she will be his female lead. JJH is also busy with mount juri (?). Moon Chae Won also has a drama coming up. not sure about KJW. We need a female lead. LOL

What is kim tae ri up? :D

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hi guys, just want to let my thoughts out. Hope Im not offending anyone here.

Im really getting frustrated abt how those blogs and headlines talking abt the currents shows ratings after TKEM. Suddenly, they were mentioning abt international fans & success. Where were these retards when TKEM smashes all the Netflix ranking during its running??:angry: 

I will never forget and forgive how poor SBS handles all the marketing & promotions for TKEM. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

Lee Min Ho: 10 curiosities that every 'King of Hallyu' fan should know

Learn a little more about Lee Min Ho's personality and how he came to be the current King of Hallyu.

Bordering 20 million subscribers on Instagram , Lee Min Ho's worldwide popularity grows, as the Minoz fandom celebrated a new birthday for the Korean actor on June 22.

Since his rise to fame in 2009 with Boys Over Flowers , until 2020, with the Netflix production The King: Eternal Monarch , Lee Min Ho has been revealing curious aspects of his personality . Here is a list of the most interesting ones.

1. As his mom recounted in an interview in 2013, Lee Min Ho became interested in acting when he entered high school and had as his role models to follow movie stars Kim Soo Ro and Sul Kyung Gu , stars of S -Diary (2004) and Venus and Mars (2007), respectively.

2UWTMFBA5JENBDADMF622CXTU4.jpg

2. He took refuge in his mother every time he was rejected in an audition because he was considered just a pretty face. She urged him to keep trying. For this reason, every time he receives his payment for acting, he buys a gift for his mother.

3. For his role as Lee Gon in The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min Ho studied math books and attended scientific lectures on physics. He also practiced rowing and horseback riding.

4. Despite his world star status, Lee Min Ho defines himself as a traditional person: “My ideal marriage should be like my parents', a harmonious family that meets after dinner and enjoys chatting together, capable of feeling happiness through the little things of ordinary life. "

5. However, the man from Legend of the Blue Sea confesses that he would challenge his family for love, even running away with his girlfriend if she were rejected by his parents.

6. In his most conservative aspect, the Korean actor expressed in an interview to CBM that he does not like women who wear miniskirts. “I have an older sister and I really don't like her wearing short skirts. Even with a girl who has some kind of relationship with me, even though they are just my friends, I will feel uncomfortable with them if they wear short skirts. ”

7. As a way to express appreciation to his fans, Lee Min Ho has released three albums and several singles to date. Although, he said, he is not interested in pursuing a musical career. However, during The King: Eternal Monarch showcase , he joked that he would likely be a singer of romantic songs in a parallel universe.

This is his portrayal of Painful Love, the official OST from the drama The Heirs (2013) where he teamed up with Park Shin Hye .

Spoiler

8. Since 2009, the ' King of Hallyu ' has been collaborating with UNICEF , in South Korea, in various campaigns in favor of children and the environment.

"I have always believed that giving love and help to those who need it, in addition to raising awareness in situations like this, is my duty and responsibility," he said in the delivery of emergency packages with purifiers on World Water Day.

9. In 2014, Lee Min Ho launched the PROMIZ platform , with the aim of raising funds for various charitable causes.

10. During the spread of the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ), Lee Min Ho donated $ 250,000 to 8 charities .

Spoiler

L6BMUCAF5FHETFFKZIQYMD5ZRA.jpg

Lee Min Ho in military service

The Korean actor's career was paused from 2017 to 2019 for the fulfillment of his military service . Due to a serious accident in the past, his physical evaluation directed him to community service rather than active duty.

He only spent four weeks with basic training in Nonsang, where the star's followers were able to see him in uniform.

Spoiler

DBO6RONT4JCLDM7OCXQEZKXUQY.jpg

JZOIF6JKABA3FFQCPV4QP4VAB4.jpg

In April 2019, the actor completed his mandatory period and was thus greeted by his fans. On having performed his service at the end of his twenties, he commented “If I had entered early, I would not have been chosen for Boys Over Flowers and these years would not have been so happy. Personally, I think it was a good choice for me. "

Spoiler

The king of social networks

In June 2020, Lee Min Ho managed to gather a total of 64.5 million followers in total considering his four official social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Weibo. This even exceeds the population of South Korea, which has 51 million inhabitants.

Lee Min Ho's 34th birthday

On June 22, 2020 Lee Min Ho reached 34 years of age. To celebrate, his fandom Minoz held a virtual party through social networks. The dedications to the 'King of Hallyu' can be found in the hashtags #HappyLeeMinHoDay and # Happy34thMinhoDay .

XAWD4AHHVFEIBNMNAK7TMZUSEQ.jpg

Projects for Lee Min Ho

Projects for Lee Min Ho's birthday were plentiful. In Vietnam, for example, Minoz hired advertising panels with which they paid tribute to the special day of the star.

Lee Min Ho's party

On Instagram, shortly before the end of his day, Lee Min Ho shared photos of his celebrations and the multiple gifts he received.

The post was accompanied by the message "Thank you to all who made today a special day."

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/06/20/lee-min-ho-curiosidades-del-protagonista-de-doramas-the-king-eternal-monarch-boys-over-flowers-fotos-y-videos/2

• Like 8
  • Awesome 3

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005848759

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Celebrates His Birthday with Tons of Gifts Sent from Fans
출처 : SBS 뉴스

201443252_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Minho expressed his thanks to his fans for their incessant birthday wishes. On June 22, Lee Minho updated his personal Instagram to share photos and a video of him posing with gifts he had received for his birthday.

201443250_1280.jpg

201443251_1280.jpg

In the photos, Lee Minho was seen posing in a room filled with gifts and flowers that were sent to him from his fans worldwide. Along with the photos, Lee Minho wrote, "Thank you, everyone. You all made today as a special day."

The actor also shared a video of him trying to blow out the candle on his birthday cake. He captioned, "I'll make sure to blow out the candle properly next year."

Born on June 22, 1987, Lee Minho turned 33 years old (34 in Korean age) this year.

Spoiler

I found several posts on Weibo that a reporter Kim JS got lots of criticism on DC today.
He wrote an article to degrade "The King" even the rating of "The King"'s premiere was over 10%. But now he wrote another article to upgrade a new drama even the rating of premiere is only 6%. That's why he got criticism. It's obviously that he likes to drag LMH down and praise another actor.

He is also the reporter who wrote the article of actor's rewards that was totally wrong.
Now, who will believe this reporter ? And I think the actor got favors from his articles will lose his reputation that he's doing such operations. 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

Hi guys, just want to let my thoughts out. Hope Im not offending anyone here.

Im really getting frustrated abt how those blogs and headlines talking abt the currents shows ratings after TKEM. Suddenly, they were mentioning abt international fans & success. Where were these retards when TKEM smashes all the Netflix ranking during its running??:angry: 

I will never forget and forgive how poor SBS handles all the marketing & promotions for TKEM. 

Go at it! I wrote a long post in TKEM’s thread talking about this very issue! 

I was expressing my frustration to my sister and she said, “lmh is so successful that people want to see him fail. They jump at the chance to bring him down.” 

I find comfort in knowing no matter how much haters want to bring him down, he will continue to succeed and continue to shine! HA! I bet it irks them :P

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Go at it! I wrote a long post in TKEM’s thread talking about this very issue! 

I was expressing my frustration to my sister and she said, “lmh is so successful that people want to see him fail. They jump at the chance to bring him down.” 

I find comfort in knowing no matter how much haters want to bring him down, he will continue to succeed and continue to shine! HA! I bet it irks them :P

Agree with this. I guess this is also something that we as Minoz need to endure. After all, we stanning the most famous Korean actor in the world right:wub:

But still, I wish people just cut LMH some slack and dont play double standard card with him. Its reqlly annoying seeing tht.

But I guess that also one of the price for being famous. The one who wears the crown must endure its weight. Man, that Heirs title really made for LMH:open_mouth:

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, gwin said:

Agree with everything you said. You know these type of dramas have separate story each episode and the story itself stands out. I want LMH to have action and involvement through his character development and love story. To be honest, it would be a waste of LMH's talent if he were to star in these type of dramas.

I think we’re at disagreement here :lol: I kind of really love slice of life drama lol. But I also would love more action. So I’ll root for something that we will all love :D 

IU for the win! praying, wishing and crossing my fingers! 

• Like 6
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Hide contents

I found several posts on Weibo that a reporter Kim JS got lots of criticism on DC today.
He wrote an article to degrade "The King" even the rating of "The King"'s premiere was over 10%. But now he wrote another article to upgrade a new drama even the rating of premiere is only 6%. That's why he got criticism. It's obviously that he likes to drag LMH down and praise another actor.

He is also the reporter who wrote the article of actor's rewards that was totally wrong.
Now, who will believe this reporter ? And I think the actor got favors from his articles will lose his reputation that he's doing such operations. 

Spoiler

nobody will believe that reporter! This shows that the article about ratings were written with bad heart. good thing is a lot of good news have been released after TKEM ended and we can feel better now. But you know if SBS and Dragon team had done a better job at releasing news about success of TKEM on Wavve and netflix, the reporter like him couldn't have dared to write that. But still I am glad that TKEM team did receive praise after the show ended. LMH's large increase of followers and news regarding that also prove how successful TKEM is. It is okay, we go this!! :glasses: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3