Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

My husband is jealous so I watch when he is asleep or not around. I know someone else whose husband is very supportive though. :joy:

My husband is super tolerant of my LMH obsession, bless his heart! Many people in my circle know I'm a K-drama fan but I've been selective in who I tell about LMH, or at least the extent to which I'm into LMH. I helped two friends become fans of K-drama and they even watched TKEM with me.  Between my private viewings (always want to watch an episode the first time by myself so I'm not distracted), watching with friends, and the Netflix Party from the TKEM thread, I've seen each TKEM episode at least four times, now on round 5 along with Faith. This is probably sacrilege, but at this point I'm fast-forwarding some parts that don't have LMH in them.  Slowly coming down from the TKEM high. If drug cartels could market this, they'd be even richer!

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

On 6/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, mychoiyoung said:

What I liked about PT as LMH's 2nd drama was it being an unconventional choice for him  After BOF, offers naturally poured.  But PT was a low-key vehicle, far removed from his chaebol flower boy image in BOF.  I think it was smart move. You can surmise that he is more interested in developing his craft by working with veteran actors and starring on a novel-based drama that had an intriguing premise.

I read an old article before LMH was confirmed for PT. He was Offered a lead role (Right After BOF) for another Highschool Drama based on a manga. LMH rejected the role and took PT and i am glad that He didn't take that other drama. I think PT was a bit underrated as well, but i love it, it's one of my favorite character from LMH and it was one of His best look, until HJJ and now LG heheheh.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:00 PM, CarolynH said:

The problem with Heirs is that the character KT didn't give LMH much to work with.  What I like is he was in a lot of the scenes, unlike TKEM, which is my problem with the latter.  Heirs would have been better if they focused on the relationships between KT and his brother and KT and YD.  When I first read that LMH confirmed with for TKEM, at first I thought great, in terms of ratings.  But later, I thought about it again.  She had 2 major hits with Goblin and Mr Sunshine, at some point, she's going to write a drama that doesn't do well.  I also hope LMH does not work with KES again.  Two strikes and she's OUT! lol

I agree with you. The Heirs had so much potential but turned out to be another typical HS drama. While I enjoyed the romance, I also wished the relationship between KT and his brother could be fleshed out more. And KT could be written a bit less possessive. I liked tht he was honest and straightforward, but i definitely love the early episode KT, and while some of the LA scene were a bit cringey, i really like KT's way of showing his affection or crush to ES. "Do i like you". Another missed opportunity by KES.

I was also a bit worry when i heard his comeback project was with KES drama. She wrote MR. Sunshine which was critically acclaim, but i had a bit of feeling that the expectation can be so high that people will get disappointed. 

No more LMHxKES collab.

18 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Question for you guys:  Do your friends know about your LMH obsession?  Mine do not--no idea I watch kdramas.  I showed one coworker/friend a picture of LMH.  She's more into the macho muscular types, but she did think that LMH is good looking. 

For me, My Husband knows i love LMH as Kdrama actor/celebrity and i often talk to him about his drama or i ship him with KGE. But he was a bit concern when i got way invested in to The King and Shipping him with KGE hehehehe.....and my 2 best friends knows i love to watch Kdrama and know of LMH but they don't know my level of love. few of my cousins knows i like LMH and one of themalso LOVEEEEE LMH. that's about. I never get this invested in celebrity, only LMH

9 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Has anyone else found that watching TKEM for a second or third time is great- Because you don’t have to use your brain trying to suss it all out cos you already know - it gives you the chance to just watch it and marvel at the acting - LMH is so good at timing - watching the scene where they are sitting on the bench outside the hospital- the acting from both of them is perfect. Even watching it a third time I had tears in my eyes.

Me!! I just finished watching it from start to finished few days ago and i love it!!! and i am more in love with the love story too and swooning over LG's charm and handsome face :)

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

Reupload of LMH IG update

"Next year, I will blow that candle"

I love love his deep voice. It's good to hear him talk in real life VS in drama or Interview.

4 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

NB posted article of lmh gift room. Wow his room is huge. Having big room in seoul is big deal. Man i know he is private but i want to know his real estate lol. So i can use it in argument:vicx:

hahahahah.... i want to know too! and i really want to know his rate. how much does he get paid. 

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

It’s certainly not normal and unhealthy the amount of times I’ve watched this dork trying to blow out his candles. I laugh every time! Why is he so cute and precious? 

Like, lmh, just go ahead and take my heart every time! EVERY TIME!  

hahahahha.... i have been re watching it too. partly listening to his voice and partly wanting to hear if there is KGE's voice lol!

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

God save us from Hong Sisters, really I am tired their stupid ghost stories :wacko: just I liked My girlfriend Gumiho from them and They obsessed ghost stories and Korean odyssey was awful I can't forget:vicx:

Ok ok.... when i originally wrote Hong Sisters, i put "?" as in, i am not sure cause i have not seen their drama but they are popular, so that's why i put their name on my list, but....they were last on my list and honestly im not so sure either.

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

IU is so pretty! By the way, what is the story?? curious to know! How valid are these rumors?? Im already excited even if the news is fake. :lol:

It isn't rumor just prediction, I have followed this prediction account for almost 1 years, she has some talented in her sense, her some predictions (about kpop) came true:lol:

36 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Ok ok.... when i originally wrote Hong Sisters, i put "?" as in, i am not sure cause i have not seen their drama but they are popular, so that's why i put their name on my list, but....they were last on my list and honestly im not so sure either.

They are popular but can't get over ghost stories :lol: I don't like their stories 

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

It isn't rumor just prediction, I have followed this prediction account for almost 1 years, she has some talented in her sense, her some predictions (about kpop) came true:lol:

They are popular but can't get over ghost stories :lol: I don't like their stories 

wow! Imagine the prediction come true!! :love: LMH-IU :heart:  What should we name them?  LeeU ? :wub:

But I'm not still over LG and JTE. They are always special in my heart no matter how many actresses act alongside LMH. Like how TKEM is special for LMH, it will be etched in our hearts because we waited 4 years for his come back. :)

Please share more prediction, rumors, and anything. :joy: I like this type of news even if it may not come true. We should pin our hope onto something until he for sure comes back. 

I still cannot choose among IU, PBY, and Kim Ji Won (These are my top 3). PSH, MCW, GHJ (last 3 choices). 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Heilo said:

@Nikaa94

I want to see a movie with Kim Bum and Lee Min ho. Netflix origin movie you can add JIW on top of that real life BBF in one movie

Imagine that!! What an epic movie it will be!! :glasses: The bromance will awesome!! 

KB is very cool! They can act as best friends. JIW is good too. It is interesting they all match so well visually too. :joy: All handsome! 

KB is good for dark genre too. He has this loyal friend vibe around him. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Imagine that!! What an epic movie it will be!! :glasses: The bromance will awesome!! 

KB is very cool! They can act as best friends. JIW is good too. It is interesting they all match so well visually too. :joy: All handsome! 

KB is good for dark genre too. He has this loyal friend vibe around him. 

You Nailed it. I want it to be dark genre as well. I think personally him and Kim Bum have great chemistry on screen. A bank robbery gone wrong or something along these lines and I would cast JJH also and we need one more casting in Ma Dong-seok. Thats it you drop this shxxht on netflix it caughts fire and make the movie 3 parts

filming 2 parts at first go releasing one part then releasing 2nd part after 6 months. We need to cast one Idol-actress from Blackpink Jisoo she will have a romantic side arc with Kim Bum and also we will give Jisoo a big character she joins the bank robbery

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

With regards to the predicted future pairing, I have a feeling it might happen. Since IU is riding high from the continued streak of success from My Ahjussi to Hotel del Luna. 

Add in the fact that there aren't that many actress to choose from who are age appropriate. 

Though personally I would choose cutie Park Bo Young or Kim So Eun (Liar Game)  if given a choice. Sadly both are quite not active as of late. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

With regards to the predicted future pairing, I have a feeling it might happen. Since IU is riding high from the continued streak of success from My Ahjussi to Hotel del Luna. 

Add in the fact that there aren't that many actress to choose from who are age appropriate. 

Though personally I would choose cutie Park Bo Young or Kim So Eun (Liar Game)  if given a choice. Sadly both are quite not active as of late. 

Honestly I feel like there is shortage of female leads in SK drama industry. :joy:  Yeah IU proved her acting ability in HDL. I am glad she didn't give up and has continued to work hard. 

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho Thanks Fans And Shares Funny Video On His Birthday

Lee Min Ho thanked his fans for all of their birthday wishes on Instagram.

The actor, born June 22, 1987, turned 33 this year (34 by Korean reckoning). He posted photos of a room full of gifts and flowers, and said, “Thank you everyone, U all made today as a special day.”

He also posted a video where he thanks his fans once again and attempts to blow out candles on a cake from a distance, making everyone laugh. Lee Min Ho wrote, “Next year, I’m going to blow out those candles no matter what.”

Happy birthday to Lee Min Ho!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1408471wpp/lee-min-ho-thanks-fans-and-shares-funny-video-on-his-birthday

202006230747770471_5ef137ddab7c5.png

• Like 5
  • Love 5

30 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

With regards to the predicted future pairing.

19 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Honestly I feel like there is shortage of female leads in SK drama industry

I personally don't have anything against all his future costars and especially everyone you mentioned are good on my book but I am holding out for TKEM S2 to roll out once again in late 2021. 

Can you imagine the frenzy and roars Social media will create and how bananas they will go. It will be pure madness. I think TKEM S2 will top S1 in everything especially overseas numbers it will expand in my opinion and I could see if TKEM is given 2 more seasons with good scripts it could turn into the GoT of Asia due to size and fanfare. If KES and Dragon studios really walked away from this series they will be scratching their heads 10-20 years from now thinking why why why what fuk. The Question is what are you gonna release if you move on? Makjang? I mean really? You got the audience and the worlds attention you build upon it from there. Example there is no quaraantee that KES will ever be able to capture this attention nor LMH because this time it was the concept of the drama that appeal to the International audience. Example if you take LMH and another actress and throw them into another Rom-com drama do you think they will get this level of buzz WW the answer is no while i do agree they will get buzz but not this level?  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I personally don't have anything against all his future costars and especially everyone you mentioned are good on my book but I am holding out for TKEM S2 to roll out once again in late 2021. 

Can you imagine the frenzy and roars Social media will create and how bananas they will go. It will be pure madness. I think TKEM S2 will top S1 in everything especially overseas numbers it will expand in my opinion and I could see if TKEM is given 2 more seasons with good scripts it could turn into the GoT of Asia due to size and fanfare. If KES and Dragon studios really walked away from this series they will be scratching their heads 10-20 years from now thinking why why why what fuk. The Question is what are you gonna release if you move on? Makjang? I mean really? You got the audience and the worlds attention you build upon it from there. Example there is no quaraantee that KES will ever be able to capture this attention nor LMH because this time it was the concept of the drama that appeal to the International audience. Example if you take LMH and another actress and throw them into another Rom-com drama do you think they will get this level of buzz WW the answer is no while i do agree they will get buzz but not this level?  

I agree! TKEM will be always the one project of LMH-KGE which caused so much buzz globally and is on the list of Netflix world ranking. If they were to make season 2, it would even be more popular. In addition, LeeEul couple fan base is very strong world wide even more than his previous works. Netflix should definitely talk with the production team. There is no doubt that TKEM season 2 will be blockbuster. They should only broadcast it on Netflix like how Kingdom was broadcast and has had season 2. 

• Like 7

@Heilo

@Nikaa94

It would be amazing to a have another season. I'm all for it. But this is a new concept in SK. And so far only Kingdom has done it.

Not even that other high budget A-lister drama with all those talks of another season has yet to confirm the deal. 

I forgot there is another one confirmed for season two. Hospital Playlist. So now I have my hopes up. 

Question: Will LMH, KGE, WDH and some of the supporting cast agree to return for another season?

The only actor that cannot return for sure is LJJ's character. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

@Heilo

@Nikaa94

It would be amazing to a have another season. I'm all for it. But this is a new concept in SK. And so far only Kingdom has done it.

Not even that other high budget A-lister drama with all those talks of another season has yet to confirm the deal. 

I forgot there is another one confirmed for season two. Hospital Playlist. So now I have my hopes up. 

Question: Will LMH, KGE, WDH and some of the supporting cast agree to return for another season?

The only actor that cannot return for sure is LJJ's character. 

really? I don't watch HP. Good for them. I don't think HP is as globally hit as TKEM. TKEM is number #9 on the Netflix world ranking. If we don't get season 2, I kinda feel sad. When SBS news talked about TKEM success locally and globally, it felt so good,because then I realized the cast and crew KNOW about it. They are aware of this globally hit drama. Even after TKEM ended, it is still top around the world. Even if we don't get season 2, TKEM will be more hit because it is a completed drama. European and middle east countries have yet to watch and it will be hit there too. 

Last words, congrats to TKEM team! Writing all this make me proud too! :) 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Lee Min Ho: how fans celebrated the birthday of the protagonist of The King: Eternal Monarch

Donations, cakes, cards and thousands of messages for Lee Min Ho. The actor of hits like 'Boys Over Flowers' and 'The Heirs,' celebrates his 34 years with an unpublished photo.

One of the most influential actors in the drama industry and representative of the Hallyu, Lee Min Ho, reached the age of 34 (in Korean age) on June 22. His followers greeted him in different parts of the world.

After a few years of inactivity due to compulsory military service, he returned to the small screen and turned into an emperor thanks to The King: Eternal Monarch . With this role, a more mature image emerged in contrast to the role that launched him into world popularity.

Naturally, the years have passed since he wore the shoes of the Gu Jun Pyo character . However, the impact it has on social media and networks proves that it is valid for a long time. 64.5 million people in total (even higher than the population of South Korea) follow his Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Weibo accounts.

To commemorate the special date, the actor revealed through his agency a never-before-seen photo of his childhood. Can you recognize Lee Min Ho's traits?

W3MV23F3SNEV7K2ZJLLLRMGJ6M.jpg

Gifts for Lee Min Ho

The fans of Lee Min Ho are called Minoz and on the occasion of his birthday, they prepared surprises and gifts from different parts of the world. Messages of support were spread in the hashtag # Happy34thMinhoDay , and international fanbases presented their birthday projects.

In Vietnam, for example, two outdoor advertising panels with images of the Korean actor were hired . A personalized cake and flower arrangements were also part of the feast.

4GOWN4WY45DR5I4NCL42H3KGCQ.jpg

The fanbase Minoz México , for its part, presented a donation of masks and protective glasses for a hospital in Mexico City. This was the report for his Facebook fanpage .

Spoiler

O4RHXSJBTZCU7G47CAKZR4R4YQ.JPG

XCWR3CT7VJGYLK2AIXYRFLI5O4.jpg

4ERVAWSZBRBF5H2LAPUBBSALMQ.jpg

Lee Min Ho thanks his fans

On Instagram, Lee Min Ho showed his gratitude for his fans by sharing a photo next to the multiple gifts he received.

In his post, he wrote in English and Korean the phrase, translated as "Thank you to everyone who made today a special day."

Spoiler

PLCIXGHPXVAFJE2XTDYZOHKZJQ.jpg

AVVTC6PMOZEIRIYYUCBVERZKXA.jpg

The post exceeds 2 million likes and 170 thousand comments.

Lee Min Ho can't blow out the candles on his cake

Shortly after uploading the photos, Lee Min Ho shared a video of their celebration. The clip records the fun moment when he tries to blow out the candles on his cake from afar.

His post on Instagram was accompanied by the following message: "I will blow out that candle next year."

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/06/21/cumpleanos-de-lee-min-ho-asi-celebraron-sus-34-anos-los-fans-del-actor-de-doramas-tkem-boys-over-flowers-fotos/

• Like 6
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

Welcome @Ale Minoz Kim to the LMH thread!  Awesome videos!  He's changed so much since he first started, hasn't he?  But, always has that sweet smile

It is true , he always has that sweet smile. His hair style has changed a lot. Korean men change their hairstyle every 2 years while American men never change theirs.

There were times when his face was slightly round but now he is thin.. Great video by @Ale Minoz Kim Love the song.

• Like 9

5 designer items Lee Min-ho wore in The King: Eternal Monarch

We can't deny that Lee Min Ho has got the full package. Apart from his charming good looks and heart-throb status (that make us go gaga, lol), this South Korean actor has accumulated numerous accolades, cementing his status in the Korean entertainment industry.

Some of his memorable works include the renowned 2009 hit K-drama series, Boys Over Flowers, and more recently, The King: Eternal Monarch (2020), which has been trending on Netflix SG ever since its launch.

Today (June 22) officially marks the day he turns 33. We celebrate his birthday (in style, of course) by rounding up five of the best designer looks he wore in his latest K-drama series, The King: Eternal Monarch.

1. Longines' Conquest V.H.P stainless steel watch

lee_0.jpg

In episode 10, Lee was spotted wearing one of Longines' iconic watches, the Conquest V.H.P. Made of stainless steel and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass, this quartz movement watch is timeless and sophisticated.

2. Gucci's wool and linen blazer

20200622_wear.jpg

When in doubt, put on a double-breasted blazer. Lee clearly agrees, as he looks sharp (and, dare we say, perfect) in episode 2 wearing this classic wool blazer from Gucci.

3. Louis Vuitton's cotton sweatshirt

Hide contents

lee_1.jpg

Going for that equestrian look doesn't mean you can't have fun with your outfit. In episode 10, Lee was seen in a chain print sweatshirt from Virgil Abloh's Louis Vuitton while riding a horse.

4. Gentle Monster's acetate sunglasses

lee_2.jpg

In episode 9, Lee was sporting a pair of oversized sunglasses by Gentle Monster - definitely an essential when it comes to shielding your eyes from the harsh UV rays.

5. Prada's wool coat

Hide contents

lee_3.jpg

Shades of neutrals (think beige, camel, etc) are a sure-fire way to look understated yet classy, as demonstrated by this look from episode 12, where Lee tops it off with this double-breasted camel coat.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/5-designer-items-lee-min-ho-wore-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 4
  • Love 5