Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

An Honest Review Of 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

Some people want a light and enjoyable escape from the real world—and this show definitely is not it.

the-king-eternal-monarch-honest-review-1

The Short, Honest Plot

Two parallel worlds + a complex storyline + a compelling cast = an unforgettable viewing experience!

What My Friend Thinks:

"In the beginning, I was skeptical about the drama because I wasn't a fan of the fantasy genre when it comes to my K-dramas. But with each episode having unexpected twists and turns, I found myself getting hooked more and more. Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Gun did good jobs but Woo Do Hwan playing both the stoic Young and the playful Eun Seob was definitely my favorite. I find myself crushing on Jung Eun Chae too! I'm sad I didn't get to see a royal wedding (I was really looking forward to it), but Gon crossing universes just to find Tae Eul again is good enough for me." —Rap

What I Think:

I came into watching The King: Eternal Monarch being a fan of neither Lee Min Ho nor Kim Go Eun, and I think that really worked in my favor in appreciating the drama without expecting too much. I grew up reading fantasy novels so the genre has a special place in my heart, but I never opened myself up to watching fantasy K-dramas until The King. Watching the first episode kept me at the edge of my seat and I was utterly blown away by the gripping storyline and the ace cinematography, but what I wasn't so sure of was the two leads. I knew they were accomplished actors in their own right, but something seemed to be off about the way their characters' arcs came together. Was it the lack of chemistry between the actors? Or the way their characters were written? I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was bugging me. But unlike a lot of other people I know who dropped the drama after a few eps, I wanted to trudge on and give them a chance. And I am so, so glad I did! What made no sense in the first half of the drama was explained in the second halfand this doesn't just apply to the two leads but also goes for small yet significant details scattered all throughout the drama. It was like a huge puzzle that I needed to solve with me theorizing and dissecting each episode. I understand why this drama isn't for everyone. Some people want a light and enjoyable escape from the real worldand this show definitely is not it. It wasn't like your regular 'ol rom-com drama that followed "the formula" where you could easily predict what happens next. No. The King kept me guessing until the very last episode. And I absolutely LOVED the experience.

For sure The King had its flaws: the overkill in sponsored products (I found them endearing at first but eventually rolled my eyes at every appearance of those damned LED face masks!) and the plot holes and rushed story arcs (which I have to attribute to the story being limited by the 16-episode formatThe King needed MORE episodes!). But, for me, I can overlook these because the drama was smart and ambitious. It's commendable that screenwriter Kim Eun Sook aspired to attract a wider audience by choosing to veer away from tried and tested drama tropes.

When I finished the drama, I found myself becoming a fan of the lead actors: Lee Min Ho, who finally broke from his pretty boy acting and matured into an intelligent actor with gravitas; and Kim Go Eun, who could play any role in the world and make it her own! But just like most The King fans, it was a joy to watch Woo Do Hwan shine brighter than anyone in the drama. Him playing the two polarizing roles of Jo Young and Eun Seob was like watching two totally different actors on screen. He just has this special charm and charisma and warmth and, god, does he deserve to be the leading man in his next drama!

Who I'd Recommend It To:

• Fans of fantasy and sci-fi!
  • Fans of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eunyou must not miss this!
  • People who want a break from the regular K-drama formula.
  • Those who want to use their ~minds~ while watching the drama.
  • Everyone who hasn't seen Woo Do Hwan on screen.

full article:

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/honest-review-the-king-eternal-monarch-a483-20200622-lfrm

• Like 8
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi- hope everyone is keeping well. I’ve got a bit behind reading all the posts and catching up.

In one of the posts someone asked about the fragrance LMH is said to use - well apparently it’s Bygari for men. I think it was mentioned in a post a good while back and I remember it cos I had never heard of it and looked it up.

Re LMH’s dorky dancing- if you like watching his dancing ( and like seeing him in tight leather pants!!!) then there is a YouTube video by leeminhosha called Dance Russia. It’s had over a million views and honestly he is so adorable and funny.

Has anyone else found that watching TKEM for a second or third time is great- Because you don’t have to use your brain trying to suss it all out cos you already know - it gives you the chance to just watch it and marvel at the acting - LMH is so good at timing - watching the scene where they are sitting on the bench outside the hospital- the acting from both of them is perfect. Even watching it a third time I had tears in my eyes.

Lindyloo, were you referring to Bvlgari? I love this perfume & had used it once. It was Rose Essentielle. The classic scent is fresh & feminine.  If you like rosy fragrances that are not too sweet and are a bit powdery, this perfume will be your new favo rite. In case, it is I wonder what Bvlgari cologne is he using, huh? So bad that this brand for men was not included as Top 5 of The Best Men's Perfume for 2020 anymore only for women. :blush:

• Like 7

It seems tht our baby is a big hit in Nigeria.:glasses:  LMH is trending on twitter and most of the tweets is from Nigerian fan wishing LMH happy birthday and Nigerian man are getting upset being compared with LMH by Nigerian girls:joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Ugh, I’m such a Choco stan.  The ridiculous outfits, constant unimpressed facial expression, MY SWEET BABY.  LMH is also as ridiculous with the puppers as I was with my Brandy.  

I only trust men who treat their dogs like their babies okay.  LMH + animals = :crybaby:

Turns me into - :poledance:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

LMH just hit 17.2 million followers on IG! He gained another 100k new followers in a matter of hours! :approves:

26 minutes ago, lupeace said:

have you all seen nigerian posts on twt. they are so funny and i think that our boy is very popular over there

way to go minhoshi :coolshades:

He's #1 trending there. Wow. A Nigerian fan even baked a cake for his birthday. B)

cr: Blesheen

EbHaDYLXQAcF8r6?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 6

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

As MYM said there were a little troubles to handle too many flowers and cakes before, K-Minoz helped C-Minoz (China and Taiwan) to buy Minomis as Minho's birthday gifts. All Minomis will be sent to the children of the primary school that Minho studied. 

Reveal hidden contents

And the gifts from Malaysia Minoz :

Reveal hidden contents

cr. Logo

All Minoz around the world are daebak :wub: by doing things like this it will make his birthday very memorable. The kids will love to get cute Minimos  gift from Lee Min Ho. I am from Malaysia. I was totally happy seeing the picture of that certificate that Lee Min Ho had adopt Lion in Zoo Negara. Zoo Negara is our country national Zoo but something kinda happen there  plus because of the covid 19 pandemic and we are having MCO so the Zoo are not open for months and now the management are doing adoption  program to help them surviving and feeding the animals. Very creative of Malaysian Minoz to adopt the animals in the name of Lee Min Ho. So by doing this they are helping the animal to get proper meals and treatment :D I guess they adopt the lion as it symbolize the Lion Bear Minomis from TKEM drama.

a5f2a8e4cdee41e1e673906c0ce4e40e561b28a8

• Like 9

On 6/11/2020 at 6:25 AM, Nikaa94 said:

There is a writer called Kim Eun Hee (Jirisan (New),Kingdom, signal).  I heard the name of her dramas and I think her dramas are successful too. Not sure if she focuses on Romance too. It seems like her style is different. If LMH wants to try a different genre, it would be great to try her style of drama. When is LMH going to be interviewed? lol I miss his interviews. We can get to know his opinions about his future projects through him. He might have changed his mind about projects after MS. 

1 more episode left and Im so sad!! :tears: This drama should have been 20 episodes. 

I really like Signal and I want to LMH a drama like Signal, he can be dedective :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

It’s certainly not normal and unhealthy the amount of times I’ve watched this dork trying to blow out his candles. I laugh every time! Why is he so cute and precious? 

Like, lmh, just go ahead and take my heart every time! EVERY TIME!  

*side note* did he gain 200K new followers in 24 hours?! Impressive! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, CarolynH said:

HI Kiks, I will let you know when we start!

Welcome @Ale Minoz Kim to the LMH thread!  Awesome videos!  He's changed so much since he first started, hasn't he?  But, always has that sweet smile:heart4:

Question for you guys:  Do your friends know about your LMH obsession?  Mine do not--no idea I watch kdramas.  I showed one coworker/friend a picture of LMH.  She's more into the macho muscular types, but she did think that LMH is good looking. 

No, I hid it from my friends for a long time then I shared a little with a couple friends and my brother.  We were talking about which actors we find cute and I showed them his photo as someone I thought to be really cute.  Recently, I talked one friend into watch TKEM and admitted I am a fan and talked a lot about him to her, about TKEM, but previously I played GB which she liked too but I did not admit that I was a very serious fan then, just that I liked that movie. Then during TKEM, I told a few friends that I am busy with a  drama of my fav in Netflix and spazzing with others but did not mention name or share picture.  My husband is jealous so I watch when he is asleep or not around. I know someone else whose husband is very supportive though. :joy:

• Like 6

On 6/14/2020 at 3:30 AM, Heretorant said:

Since TKEM has ended, I’m finally open to discuss who I want him to pair up with next. 

This list is in no particular order. 

1) IU - I thought she was amazing in HDL.

2) MCW - always been fond of her in Nice Guy. I prefer her in melo genre. Not as much in comedy. 
3) GHJ - she’s a classic rom-com queen.

4) JJH - I definitely don’t mind them collaborating again. But this time, I don’t want a rom-com. They’re both great at action so I would like a thriller. 
5) KTR - I liked her in Mr. Sunshine. 

6) PBY - I think they’ll be cute and she’s a good actress. 

:lol: I follow this  kpop prediction account  and I saw this,

Szs4.png

it is just prediction but We already knew that IU is a actress among high prohability candidates and I predicted JJH and KGE before LOBS and The King and they came true:lol: If she has a character like Hotel character, I want to her

2) X

3) XXX I don't want noona partner more 

4)x and I don't want married partner more :lol:

5):heart:

6):heart::heart::heart:

On 6/15/2020 at 5:34 AM, Nikaa94 said:

By the way,  @scrawford mentioned Hong sisters. The thing with Hong sisters is that not all their ideas are good. Sometimes I like their drama and sometimes don't. I think it is more like hit or miss. For example, at first I liked their drama MS (Gong hye jin), but after some episodes I lost interest. They usually start strong but then lose ideas. Another thing is that I see a pattern of well-written female characters in their dramas. Her male leads are not that memorable like how KES's are. I personally watched HDL because of IU's character. 

God save us from Hong Sisters, really I am tired their stupid ghost stories :wacko: just I liked My girlfriend Gumiho from them and They obsessed ghost stories and Korean odyssey was awful I can't forget:vicx:

and Sorry I can't read more almost there are 30 pages , this thread was so fast without me , so many new fans came here:lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

40 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

It’s certainly not normal and unhealthy the amount of times I’ve watched this dork trying to blow out his candles. I laugh every time! Why is he so cute and precious? 

Like, lmh, just go ahead and take my heart every time! EVERY TIME!  

*side note* did he gain 200K new followers in 24 hours?! Impressive! 

You shouldn't get me started but the beheading kiss scene was my thing and rewatched it until i nearly collapsed. 

source.gif

Before that I was just innocent time loop but now I can't unsee it  

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi- hope everyone is keeping well. I’ve got a bit behind reading all the posts and catching up.

In one of the posts someone asked about the fragrance LMH is said to use - well apparently it’s Bygari for men. I think it was mentioned in a post a good while back and I remember it cos I had never heard of it and looked it up.

I asked it and I hadn't answer, is it Bvlgari for men really?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

:lol: I follow this  kpop prediction account  and I saw this,

Szs4.png

it is just prediction but We already knew that IU is a actress among high prohability candidates and I predicted JJH and KGE before LOBS and The King and they came true:lol: If she has a character like Hotel character, I want to her

2) X

3) XXX I don't want noona partner more 

4)x and I don't want married partner more :lol:

5):heart:

6):heart::heart::heart:

God save us from Hong Sisters, really I am tired their stupid ghost stories :wacko: just I liked My girlfriend Gumiho from them and They obsessed ghost stories and Korean odyssey was awful I can't forget:vicx:

and Sorry I can't read more almost there are 30 pages , this thread was so fast without me , so many new fans came here:lol:

Haha agree about hong sisters!! God save us and Lee Min ho from falling into Hong sister's trap! :joy: I think they need to update their mind and ideas about dramas. At least KES has some creativity and create different drama every time. 

I totally agree with "no noona partner" and no married partner. No offence, I just think that he already acted along side Noonas and married co-stars enough. The thing about married actress is that there is no meaning and fun in discussing the OTP. See how fun we have in MinEun thread. JJH is a great actress but I would rather see LMH with unmarried actress so we can ship them and gush over the couple. :joy: Unmarried Noona is better but after seeing LMH's chemistry with KGE I think he can have good chemistry with younger actress (Like his chemistry with PSH). 

LMH has mysteriously good chemistry with Noonas based on his previous work (Faith, BOF, PT). But again, lets break the pattern of Noona and married actress and move on to younger generation.

Glad there is someone whose prediction come true. Mine never comes true. :joy: If LMH does pair up with IU, then lets all of us take a bow to Sunbaenim @leeminhosny :blush:  IU is so pretty! By the way, what is the story?? curious to know! How valid are these rumors?? Im already excited even if the news is fake. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1