Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 hours ago, meowmuta222 said:

Hello all,

I've been a LMH fan for over 4 years. Only recently I discovered this forum and would like to hop into the wagon of fangirls :D.

And I was on "QuizUp" when there I found a quiz on LMH. The only K-actor to have a quiz on the app. Another achievement? ;) 

There was this one question I was amazed to discover that in high school he was called as "blinking eyes". Please somebody put some light on this.

meowmuta, ohhh.... my 1st time to hear this. :o Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, happivirus said:

And an article claiming LMH can't save the project of his own and headlining the article as '[HanCinema's News] Lee Min-ho Faces Next Stage of Career in Uncertainty'.

HA! And we shall just sit back and laugh because it is far from the truth!

Our boy is living the best time of his career. He’s doing well even if some people like to think he’s not. Matter of the fact is it doesn’t make him any less successful :P

19 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

You may find that the news about LMH's SNS followers and the success in Netflix was from MYM.
SBS only had the right of airing "The King" and SBS had earned enough before "The King" aired. And SBS mostly seems standing in a hostile position to Netflix. I may understand why there were poor promotions by SBS.
But why Studio Dragon ? After LOTBS airing, SD was accused by Knetz that they didn't publicize the great success of LOTBS in overseas countries. And now again for TKEM. A new record on Netflix has unexpectedly never been reported during the airing of TKEM.  :(

Yes, Studio Dragon handled marketing for TKEM poorly and didn’t do their best in promoting. Imo, it’s because they already sold it to SBS and ratings wouldn’t even benefit them so they couldn’t careless. They made their profit and that’s all they cared about. 

But correction, they were the first to report Netflix ranking. They said Netflix released the list to them and TKEM ranked number 9 in the world. They also released that it was thanks to TKEM they saw a significant increase in revenues during the second quarter and also thanks to TKEM, the later half of the year is projected to perform better than last year. So while they’ve been pretty bad at refuting rumors about TKEM flopping, I’m glad they finally came out and cleared the air. 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

9 Best K-Dramas Of First Half Of 2020

best-drama-in-the-first-half-of-2020-cov

It is already halfway through June and half of 2020 has already passed by! It is time to look back at the best K-Dramas of the first half of the year. Did you find any interesting dramas to watch in the first half of the year? For us, there were plenty.

Here are 9 dramas that aired in the first half of 2020 (and ended) that you should not miss according to us. They are the best of the first half of the year (in no particular order).

Let us know in the poll and comments what are the best drama(s) according to you and the one(s) you would like to recommend. This list includes drama that ended before June 17.

1- "The King: Eternal Monarch"

the-king-the-eternal-monarch-poster-SBS.

When: April 17 - June 12

Cast: Lee MinHo, Kim GoEun, Woo DoHwan, Kim KyungNam, Jung EunChae, Lee JungJin

Summary: It is the fantasy romance drama in which Lee Gon, the Emperor of Corea and Jung TaeEul a detective from the Republic of Korea try to protect's lives and love through cooperation between the two parallel worlds.

For: Viewers looking for a drama with fantasy, passion-filled romance, complex storyline, action scenes of huge scale, big-budget, and beautiful sets.

Why watch: It is a must-watch drama! The story and acting are both perfect. The romance is worth watching and the plot is climatic and fascinating. There are a lot of poignant and memorable scenes. One of its main strengths is also its big-budget and beautiful cinematography allowing viewers to watch majestic scenes.

For more information, poster, teaser you can check our cast and summary here.

Ea1QUZ-XsAEY-d7?format=png&name=small

https://www.kpopmap.com/9-best-k-dramas-of-first-half-of-2020/

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 4

Welcome @ionica to the LMH thread!.  As @syntyche said, you've come to the right place to fangirl about LMH.

14 hours ago, ionica said:

There was this one question I was amazed to discover that since his childhood he was called as "sudden blink". Please somebody put some light on this.

I remember reading something about it way back in the BOF days of the thread.  I thought it was his mother who mentioned it.  If the thread was searchable, we could find it.   

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

You may find that the news about LMH's SNS followers and the success in Netflix was from MYM.
SBS only had the right of airing "The King" and SBS had earned enough before "The King" aired. And SBS mostly seems standing in a hostile position to Netflix. I may understand why there were poor promotions by SBS.
But why Studio Dragon ? After LOTBS airing, SD was accused by Knetz that they didn't publicize the great success of LOTBS in overseas countries. And now again for TKEM. A new record on Netflix has unexpectedly never been reported during the airing of TKEM.  :(

The only reason I can thought is because SD always got enough profit before LMH's drama aired. They don't need to pay much attention on further promotions.  B)

21 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

So they only care about money. As long as they make their profit they don't care about the rest. This is annoying!! Are most dramas produced by SD? Is there any better production company? I wish LMH get better treatment from better production company in future. What makes me sad is that all these stuff isn't in LMH's hands. His only job is to portray his character and he always does his best. The rest is out of control. I am glad that LMH's company is active in terms of releasing news. 

I am not sure how the actors' agency can involve in dramas. I am sure MYM does it best for LMH. After all, MYM is his own agency. right?

Was LOTBS a huge hit overseas?  I did not know that!   Why did Studio Dragon or SBS not promote  LOTBS  if they did it for Goblin?  I thought LOTBS did okay but not a huge hit internationally. It was released on VIKI.  SD did talk about Netflix ratings but why did they not promote King  before and during airing?  Were they stingy or waiting for Netflix to promote. I did not see Netflix do much promotion before the airing date either!  How big a hit was LOTBS?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Was LOTBS a huge hit overseas?  I did not know that!   Why did Studio Dragon or SBS not promote  LOTBS  if they did it for Goblin?  I thought LOTBS did okay but not a huge hit internationally. It was released on VIKI.  SD did talk about Netflix ratings but why did they not promote King  before and during airing?  Were they stingy or waiting for Netflix to promote. I did not see Netflix do much promotion before the airing date either!  How big a hit was LOTBS?

yeah LOTBS was a hit overseas. I don't remember what countries but back in LOTBS thread I remember we talked about and shared information. So I am sure it was hit overseas. To be honest, all LMH's dramas have been hit overseas. :joy: It is because of LMH himself. As long as LMH is in a drama, the drama is already hit. :glasses:If the chemistry is good and script is solid, the drama becomes even more hit. :relieved:They didn't promote LOTBS as much. I don't also don't understand why they would do that. Goblin was very well promoted.  TKEM wasn't promoted well and SD could have released information about Netflix ranking and the news could have been aired on SBS. They probably were happy with their profit and didn't care. This is so annoying!!! I really hope this won't happen for LMH's next drama.

Do you know why LMH and KGE didn't have magazine photoshooting? There were some pictures of the cast together and LMH shared them on IG as well. But I figured they never did any magazine one. why? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @ionica to the LMH thread!.  As @syntyche said, you've come to the right place to fangirl about LMH.

15 hours ago, ionica said:

There was this one question I was amazed to discover that since his childhood he was called as "sudden blink". Please somebody put some light on this.

I remember reading something about it way back in the BOF days of the thread.  I thought it was his mother who mentioned it.  If the thread was searchable, we could find it.   

It was definitely his mother who said it. Ever since he was a baby, he had big beautiful eyes and he was very cute whenever he’d blink so they gave him the name “sudden blink.” 

I can attest! Even now, his blinking is so adorable! :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2020 at 8:31 PM, CarolynH said:

1. . imagine you end up running into lee min ho and his manager at the airport. his manager says you can ask one question but min ho is bored of the usual questions. so, what would you ask?

2. LMH has enough money to buy whatever he wants, what unique and / or original gift would you give him?

@Lmangla:  Is it too late to set up the birthday party?  The two questions are above.  Theme?  I was thinking of Prince Charming or something having to do with his last drama.  Anyone, chime in with ideas!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

2. LMH has enough money to buy whatever he wants, what unique and / or original gift would you give him?

@Lmangla:  Is it too late to set up the birthday party?  The two questions are above.  Theme?  I was thinking of Prince Charming or something having to do with his last drama.  Anyone, chime in with ideas!

I like Prince Charming idea. Birthday cake and champagne gifs or drawings?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Welcome to the birthday party of Lee Min Ho! happy-birthday-to-you-smiley-emoticon.gi

who is invited: anyone! if one of the dramas that you really enjoyed or started your kdrama journey with was a Lee Min Ho drama, then join us for the birthday bash along with fans of Lee Min Ho thread and celebrate!!! my fave drama of his was boys before flowers - it was so hilariously addictive even though the plot makes you lose you brain cells. hahahahah.. but how can you not be charmed by curly hair? :lol:

original.jpg

What are we going to do? just because this is a virtual party, doesn't mean we can't have fun! just turn on your imagination and join!!!

theme: toy story! why? I watched it recently and that's what I can think of. ahhahaha... so post a picture of toy story or change your DP as dressing up for the occasion. chingus here are thinking of prince charming. so it is all part of fairy tale etc kind of theme! hahahah

tenor.gif

answer any of these questions -- you can be as whimsical or funny as you want. it is just supposed to liven up the party!

Q1. you are in the airport lounge and discover Lee Min Ho is also there with his manager. His team lets you know that you can ask one question as long as it is something different because Min Ho is just bored of all the usual questions. what would yours be?

Q2. He has played a rich chaebol kid, spy, king. which of these would you like to see?

1. zombie hunter -- he gets to show off his action skills but he will be covered in blood. so maybe not?

2. crime solving priest -- but then he won't get a love story except a tragic one in flashbacks?

3. oil rig worker who has to fight a sea creature -- we get to see him swim! but will he wearing oily uniform?

4. astronaut fighting alien! - well, may be floating in space is not that interesting?

5. some other suggestion of your choice!

Bring food! maybe your favourite or something local from your place. what's a party without food and drinks!

here I am with fried nuggets (you can pick your choice - veg or some meat). why? it is one of my faves and I haven't been to a restaurant in months. :(

Chicken-Nuggets.jpg

re: @CarolynH

tagging some chingus: @kokodus @JC's Lingxi @vangsweetie637 @Alice Wonderland @CallieP @ktcjdrama @Ameera Ali @mouse007 ....

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

28 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Prince Charming!!! :blush:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

yeah LOTBS was a hit overseas. I don't remember what countries but back in LOTBS thread I remember we talked about and shared information. So I am sure it was hit overseas. To be honest, all LMH's dramas have been hit overseas. :joy: It is because of LMH himself. As long as LMH is in a drama, the drama is already hit. :glasses:If the chemistry is good and script is solid, the drama becomes even more hit. :relieved:They didn't promote LOTBS as much. I don't also don't understand why they would do that. Goblin was very well promoted.  TKEM wasn't promoted well and SD could have released information about Netflix ranking and the news could have been aired on SBS. They probably were happy with their profit and didn't care. This is so annoying!!! I really hope this won't happen for LMH's next drama.

Do you know why LMH and KGE didn't have magazine photoshooting? There were some pictures of the cast together and LMH shared them on IG as well. But I figured they never did any magazine one. why? 

Nikaa, as far as I remember, SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea achieved 20.8 % nationwide viewer ratings in one of its EP. This is strong. It was the second prime time drama to surpass the highly desired 20 % that indicates a remarkable success for Korean dramas on 2017. The drama has been performing well since its premiere. The drama’s popularity could be due to both Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun. I guess the series also fared well overseas, having been exported to all major regions around the world. :blush:

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, willenette said:

Nikaa, as far as I remember, SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea achieved 20.8 % nationwide viewer ratings in one of its EP. This is strong. It was the second prime time drama to surpass the highly desired 20 % that indicates a remarkable success for Korean dramas on 2017. The drama has been performing well since its premiere. The drama’s popularity could be due to both Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun. I guess the series also fared well overseas, having been exported to all major regions around the world. :blush:

That is true!! The ratings of LBS were also very consistent and double digit strong throughout the whole time. Hoe Jun Jae was my favorite throughout the show. LMH poured all his charms for Hoe Jun Jae. :wub:

• Like 7