Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CarolynH

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

emotional connects and romance  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which pairing would you have preferred and why? (can pick max two)

• Gu Jun-pyo and Jandi (BOF)
    • Gu Jun-pyo and Ha Jae-kyung (BOF)
    • Jeon Jin Ho and Park Gae In (PT)
    • Jeon Jin Ho and Kim In hee (PT)
    • Lee Yoon Sung and Kim Na na (CH)
    • Choi Young and Yoo Eun-soo (Faith)
    • Kim Tan and Cha Eun-sang (Heirs)
    • Kim Tan and Yoo Rachel (Heirs)
    • Heo Joon Jae and Shim Chung (LOTBS)
    • Heo Joon Jae and Chi Shi Ah (LOTBS)
    • Kim Dam Ryung and Se hwa (LOTBS)
    • Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul (TKEM)
    • Lee Gon and Koo Seo-ryung (TKEM)
    • Lee Gon and Luna (TKEM)
    • Other pairing?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 08/17/2020 at 10:37 PM

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

how about

1. Kang so ra

2. lee sung kyung 

3. Go ara

4. Shin min a 

5. Seo Hyun Jin 

In case he will act in a melodrama again:

1). Kang So Ra

2). Han So Hee (The World of the Married)

3). Song Hye Kyo

4). Kwon Na Ra 

5). Kim Sa Rang

6). Shin Min A 

Honestly, I want to see him in unusual role. For example, in OCN drama with Bae Doo Na or Jeon Do Yeon))

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @gwin, @htk9207 and @4evrkdrama to the LMH thread!

Thank you for the welcome!  I am not sure I will drop by often, as I feel sad we won't see him weekly anymore :(

Anyway, re the question of who he should be paired up with next, I want him to act with IU.   Wishful thinking, but I hope it happens.

Given the heaviness of TKEM, I would like him to take on a more lighthearted role next time.   Hopefully something on Netflix again so we international fans can watch as it airs.  And can he possibly do a cable show next?  Pretty please?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

how about

1. Kang so ra

2. lee sung kyung 

3. Go ara

4. Shin min a 

5. Seo Hyun Jin 

1. is she a good actress?  I searched her name to see how she looks like :lol: she can be a good match for LMH visual wise. 

2- I love Lee Sung Kyun! She is a good actress. I watched Weight lift fairy and she was so cute. I think she can have good chemistry with her partners

Spoiler

3- not sure, her acting isn't really impressive 

4- Shin min a is good too

5- hmm, not sure

How about Gong Hye Jin?? I think it was already mentioned in the previous post. She is so talented and has had great chemistry with every lead actor she played with. She is just so good!!! Many years ago GHJ was asked in an interview who she wanted to pair with and he chose LMH. :lol: I think she also said something about LMH being handsome?The article was published by dramafever and I cannot find it. 

@leeminhosny miss you! You haven't posted recently. Come back soon! :) 

So LMH, WDH, JIW, and Kim Bum are all friends now?no wonder WDH left many comments under LMH's posts. I know actors do that when drama is being aired. But Kang shin jae never left any comment for LMH. :lol:WDH and LMH were so friendly and close behind the scene. I think their friendship will last. WDH even made friends with LMH's two best friends. They may have group chat too. :)

• Like 10

@CarolynH am a fan of you ( I admire you a lot seeing you as a fan of LMH for more than 13 years .... ) 

This man showed me the gateway to kdrama world in 2012 through his character GJP. And from then onwards I had fallen for him .

Thanks alot for inviting us ! 
@Nikaa94 I personally love kang so ra, she is a good actress

I agree Go ara’s acting isnt very impressive 

but I really wish if he could act with shin mina ! She is an awesome actress like KGE !

@alma4ka2 me too wish he would chose a total 180 degree different character in his next project.(unusual role) 
haters think he is overrated, But this man has seriously got all potential in him and i hope he will get a role that could make his “inner pearl” shine more brighter ! 
@Heretorant I agree with you abt HHJ ..she might bring out awesome chemistry but there is something she cant pull off in her acting ! 

But I seriously love the W/nine writer song jae jung (when it comes to thriller).And Pinocchio writer park hye reon (she brings out prblms in society and make us think more about our approach towards society) 

I need lmh to collaborate with them so badly ! 

Many of the minoz may consider me crazy but I prefer him to act in kdramas than in kmovies coz I can watch and swoon over him more hrs ( way too greedy ) ! 948632110bf48ed27332577ca18909da.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@CarolynH am a fan of you ( I admire you a lot seeing you as a fan of LMH for more than 13 years .... ) 

This man showed me the gateway to kdrama world in 2012 through his character GJP. And from then onwards I had fallen for him .

Thanks alot for inviting us ! 
@Nikaa94 I personally love kang so ra, she is a good actress

I agree Go ara’s acting isnt very impressive 

but I really wish if he could act with shin mina ! She is an awesome actress like KGE !

@alma4ka2 me too wish he would chose a total 180 degree different character in his next project.(unusual role) 
haters think he is overrated, But this man has seriously got all potential in him and i hope he will get a role that could make his “inner pearl” shine more brighter ! 

I just watched GuerrillaDate with Kang Sora on Youtube and I like her!! :)  Count me in! I think her and LMH can be so cute together.:love: Powerful Visuals!!! I think she is also successful in movie industry.  Do you know how popular she is in SK? like is she as popular as LMH or PSH or IU? 

I have mentioned this before, but I like Kim Ji Woon too. Her chemistry with her co-stars is so good. I loved her in FMW. She was really adorable!! 

I watched Shin Mina in drama 'my girlfriend gumiho' and she was so adorable there. 

Can someone please start a poll for LMH's next female co-star? I miss LMH now he is drama is over. Every week, I waited for stills, articles, osts, discussion in forums, and so on. It is over now. :tears:

• Like 9

I have so much to catch up lol!! but i want to chiming in on LMH next Project Discussion.

FL

1. Kim Tae Ri - For some reason i want LMh to be pair again with another Chungmuro Darling. Plus, call me Gutter mind, but i want him to be pair with someone who is not shy at love/romantic scene. Plus KTR would be the right pair for more serious romance or if its maybe thriller movie, she would be a great fit. 

2. IU - i have never seen her in anything but looks like she is well loved in SK, and i like her visual. 

3. Kwon Na Ra - I'm not sure with her acting capability is, but i love her on IC. and honestly i was rooting for her with PSJ ( NO offense to Kim Da MI acting). She had more chemistry with him. and i like her visual and she had done one of the Eider CF with LMH.

4. Seo Ye-Ji - I almost don't want to mention her because she is being paired with KSH for upcoming drama next week. But i think she is pretty. not sure about the acting, but i feel like they can be visually match.

5. Gong Hyo Jin - Cause i love her in It's ok that's love.

Writer

1. Kim Eun hee - She wrote signal, kingdom and the upcoming mount Jiri. While i want to be swoon by LMH's charm, i want him to branch out from the typical romance, and I think Kim Eun Here is a good writer for a non romance heavy story.

2. Song Ji-Na. I found out that she also the writer for "Faith" and "Sandglass", but i picked her because she is the writer for Healer, which was a solid story. I love City Hunter, but i feel like Story wise Healer was a bit more strongly written.

3. Hong Sisters?

Male Co star.

I believe to improve our craft we need to work with those who can challenge us. so i also have a male Co star in Mind.

1. Yoo Ah In. his social media presence is a bit "pot Stirring" but IMO, he is an amazing Chungmuro actor. I wouldn't mind LMH being cast with him in a movie project.

2. Lee Byung Hun. he is not necessarily my favorite actor and i know he has scandals etc. But since LMH mentioned he is one of the actor he respects, it would be nice for him to work with Veteran actor like him. Will challenge him and he can learn so much.

3. Won Bin. Just because heheh.... it will be a top project to be in something for Won Bin comeback

4. Whoever actors LMH dreams to work with hehehe..

PD.

1. Lee Eung Bok - Because we got cheated with TKEM.

2. Kim Won Suk - He is notable for directing Signal and Arthdal Chronicle.

3. Bong Joon Ho - Parasite PD. I know, i know, it's cliche. And I'm sure his next project won't be oscar winning. But....i like his movie (Parasite and Snowpiercer), but i'm not sure if LMH up for it. His style is very Wes Anderson meet Quentine tarantino. And I don't know if he would cast a hallyu star. But, hey we are just dreaming right?

Since we are Dreaming. Here is my delulu "LMH next project"

PD Bong Joon Ho, LMH and Kim tae Ri. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

2. IU - i have never seen her in anything but looks like she is well loved in SK, and i like her visual. 

I urge you to watch her in Hotel Del Luna. Her acting is impressive. And that’s coming from someone who started HDL with doubts because IU is an idol and I didn’t like her character in Producers. She changed my mind completely! I’d say HDL is worth the watch for her character alone. She’s one of the best female leads in my opinion, strong and iconic! 

4. Seo Ye-Ji - I almost don't want to mention her because she is being paired with KSH for upcoming drama next week. But i think she is pretty. not sure about the acting, but i feel like they can be visually match.

I have to watch her before I can judge. I’ll most likely tune in for her new drama. But she has a lot to live up to? Because her character is giving me major IU in HDL vibes. And as said above, IU was impressive! 

5. Gong Hyo Jin - Cause i love her in It's ok that's love.

One of my most anticipated pairing. BUT if they are paired together, we can expect most likely the genre will be rom-com because GHJ is the rom-com Queen. Even though I named her, I’m not sure if I want lmh to do rom-com next lol. 

1. Kim Eun hee - She wrote signal, kingdom and the upcoming mount Jiri. While i want to be swoon by LMH's charm, i want him to branch out from the typical romance, and I think Kim Eun Here is a good writer for a non romance heavy story.

Is it too much to wish that Ju Ji Hoon would decline Mount Jiri and lmh would be offered? That would mean a second collaboration with JJH. I’m up for it because this time, it’ll be different, it won’t be romantic comedy. I’m asking for too much huh? 

If I keep wishing, it might come true. :lol: That’ll check two boxes for you: Director Lee Eun Bok and Writer Kim Eun Hee. For me, 3 boxes including JJH in genre that’s not rom-com. :D

Though I’ll admit, I hated season 2 of Kingdom! That whole explanation of the stupid resurrection plant was just complete bs. But in general, my wish is formed with the thought that Mount Jiri will be good lol. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I urge you to watch her in Hotel Del Luna. Her acting is impressive. And that’s coming from someone who started HDL with doubts because IU is an idol and I didn’t like her character in Producers. She changed my mind completely! I’d say HDL is worth the watch for her character alone. She’s one of the best female leads in my opinion, strong and iconic! 

One of my most anticipated pairing. BUT if they are paired together, we can expect most likely the genre will be rom-com because GHJ is the rom-com Queen. Even though I named her, I’m not sure if I want lmh to do rom-com next lol. 

Is it too much to wish that Ju Ji Hoon would decline Mount Jiri and lmh would be offered? That would mean a second collaboration with JJH. I’m up for it because this time, it’ll be different, it won’t be romantic comedy. I’m asking for too much huh? 

If I keep wishing, it might come true. :lol: That’ll check two boxes for you: Director Lee Eun Bok and Writer Kim Eun Hee. For me, 3 boxes including JJH in genre that’s not rom-com. :D

Though I’ll admit, I hated season 2 of Kingdom! That whole explanation of the stupid resurrection plant was just complete bs. But in general, my wish a formed with the thought that Mount Jiri will be good lol. 

Ok, i will have that on my list to watch. still finishing The winter that wind blows and also rewatching TKEM. lol!

Maybe in 4-5 years after 2 movies and other hit drama, He can be paired with GHJ. and have a rom com or "slice of Life" type love story. Maybe about Upper 30's love? heheh...

Nope, it's not too much. Why do you always speak my mind?. I thought of it, but i brush it off, and then here you are writing it out, LOL! I thought of that when the project is being announced, Looking at the Possible FL, the writer and the director, it looks like a promising project. Rating aside, Kim Eun Hee writing is really solid (signal). I have only watch Kingdom season 1, it's good, but idk, i am not pulled to watch the second season. I spent years, watching the Walking dead, so i am bit weary of the zombie genre. Not sure about another collab with JJH, but if it's not heavy romance like LOTBS, i am game.

***********************************************************************************************

IDK why, but somehow i want LMH to go dark on his next project, not a good guy/perfect lover. More like flawed character that would have a good character arc? and have a complete 180 transformation, like Cut his hair shorter or Buzz cut (depending on the character. and while i don't like overly bulky guy, i want LMH to bulk up a bit. Like when he was on City Hunter and Heirs, but more define toned muscles and abs heheheh...I know that when he gained weight, his face gets rounder, but it wasn't the case with City Hunter or heirs, because he gained muscle. 

TKEM is a thank you project for his fans who had been waiting for his comeback. i love how LG is written and LMH did really good. While it can be the same formula like his other past character, as an actor he carried Lee Gon differently. LG has range of emotions and LMH did so well in portraying those range.

But, as a fan, i released him to do something absolutely different. Even doing Movies likes "Silenced". it was the kind of movie that challenge the SK social justice towards the Disability. 

I hope his global fans would be ok with him doing roles that are way different than the usual.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Hey guy hwz u all. I m recovered now. Will try to catch the last 5 or 6 episodes. Soon

I am happy for lmh with international success of drama. But now i want him to focus on movie land and get some movie  in his name. Even if he has to do second lead, i don't mind.. at age of 33 song kang ho, legendary movie actor actually started his career as top main lead. And lmh has aleady topped it for 12 years. At 33 he has already got a legendary career. When most people start having success.

I want him to get a mega successful project in korea . His international fanbase showed their power making king such a smash overseas. But in the end, i want his work to get more recognition in his own country. 

If he has to invest his own money, he can afford to. He is with big company  now. I hope they give him strong script. A thriller or full on action movie or drama which gets love by the korean gp. He deserves it. He gave it all for king but didn't get same recognition that he deserved in korea.

I just want him to do serious damage with his work in korea next time.

Lets support his choices and future work.

Personally i don't want him to work with idols like yoona suzy iu types.

I want him to work with good actresses like kim go eun or seniors.

Kim dami

Park bo young 

Han so hee. Well she match his visuals  and got talent.

Song hye kyo who is his ideal type and 2 hallyu stars need to work for lord sake.

Son ye jin again. Love them

Jun ji hyun. Well she is my bias lol

Kim tae ri

Park so dam. 

Moon chae won.

It is best he works with actually  acclaimed co stars. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

lol, no I haven't been a fan that long.  I took over the thread last year.  I joined soompi around Aug 2014.  It was a great time, right after Heirs and so many CFs.  LBS was the first live LMH drama; I loved it.  Then came the dreaded, almost, 2 year MS.  Fortunately, we were able to keep the thread going by rewatching his dramas and movies. MOst recently, we just completed our Netflix watch party of The King.  I hope you stick around because we do have ideas to pass the time while we wait for LMH's next project.  See below.

@Nikaa94:  I think it may be against soompi rules to discuss anyone other than LMH, so a poll is probably not an option (especially because we need someone to set it up and it's visible).  We were not allowed to discuss his dramas in this thread because we referred to his costars, so I doubt we will be allowed a poll on prospective costars.  I'll check the rules, but I doubt it.  

Please vote for (or place in order) our next thing-to-keep-us-going-until-his-next-project.   .  We'll need a bit of time to coordinate so whatever wins; we will begin weekend in July 4-5.  Remember next weekend June 19-22 is the birthday party for LMH.

1. Watch the Good Day series (I think the English translation is complete through ep 18 of 24--@gtlmh0622- correct me if I'm wrong), Toyota series

2.  Quizzes about his past drama (example:  What is the name of GJP's father in BOF? Hints such as the episode where you can find the info will be provided if everyone is stumped)  I'll need volunteers for this @msdot is a Faith expert, so she can help with questions.  Maybe @CallieP for City Hunter?  I might be able to help on BOF and LBS.

3.  Favorites:  fave drama, OST, bromance, uniform etc.  We did this at the end of LBS; I thought it was fun to see everyone's answers.  

My vote is (1)quizzes, (2)favorites (3)then the Good Day series.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guy hwz u all. I m recovered now. Will try to catch the last 5 or 6 episodes. Soon

I am happy for lmh with international success of drama. But now i want him to focus on movie land and get some movie  in his name. Even if he has to do second lead, i don't mind.. at age of 33 song kang ho, legendary movie actor actually started his career as top main lead. And lmh has aleady topped it for 12 years. At 33 he has already got a legendary career. When most people start having success.

I want him to get a mega successful project in korea . His international fanbase showed their power making king such a smash overseas. But in the end, i want his work to get more recognition in his own country. 

If he has to invest his own money, he can afford to. He is with big company  now. I hope they give him strong script. A thriller or full on action movie or drama which gets love by the korean gp. He deserves it. He gave it all for king but didn't get same recognition that he deserved in korea.

I totally agree with you!!! 

TKEM is a Hit Netflix original series and a global hit.  LMH is now the most followed Korean actor on IG. I think TKEM is his most globally successful drama (even more than BOF and Heirs). LMH worked so hard for 8 months. It is his projects after 4 years. I am a bit sad that TKEM didn't get as much recognition as they had expected in SK. That is why I want his next project, movie or drama, to become a huge blockbuster. No confusion in story line, editing or directing issues. He deserves the best directing, editing, and story line when he is putting all the effort. I love TKEM but I am still upset because of all the stuff that happened. I sometimes wonder how TKEM would have been directed differently and explained differently to the viewers if Lee Eung Bok had been the director. 

Some fans don't like the heirs, but I really liked it and I was so happy especially for LMH. Because the heirs and Kim Tan character became a huge hit in SK. LMH and his agency already know that he is tremendously popular overseas and he is a true hallyu wave star. But I am sure that LMH himself wants his dramas and projects to get more recognition first in SK. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@Deepakmahajan I was thinking about you the other day.  Glad you recovered!  

22 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I am a bit sad that TKEM didn't get as much recognition as they had expected in SK. That is why I want his next project, movie or drama, to become a huge blockbuster. No confusion in story line, editing or directing issues. He deserves the best directing, editing, and story line when he is putting all the effort. I love TKEM but I am still upset because of all the stuff that happened. I sometimes wonder how TKEM would have been directed differently and explained differently to the viewers if Lee Eung Bok had been the director. 

Some fans don't like the heirs, but I really liked it and I was so happy especially for LMH. Because the heirs and Kim Tan character became a huge hit in SK. LMH and his agency already know that he is tremendously popular overseas and he is a true hallyu wave star. But I am sure that LMH himself wants his dramas and projects to get more recognition first in SK. 

Totally agree.  I hated hearing that TKEM was the most anticipated drama of the year.  It was like setting it up to be a failure.  You know it would never live up to the expectations.  And all the controversies:grimace:

I like LMH with the CH and LBS PD, Jin Hyuk.  Two of the most beautiful scenes came from those dramas, filmed beautifully, IMO.  

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Personally i don't want him to work with idols like yoona suzy iu types.

I want him to work with good actresses like kim go eun or seniors.

Kim dami

Park bo young 

Han so hee. Well she match his visuals  and got talent.

Song hye kyo who is his ideal type and 2 hallyu stars need to work for lord sake.

Son ye jin again. Love them

Jun ji hyun. Well she is my bias lol

Kim tae ri

Park so dam. 

Moon chae won.

It is best he works with actually  acclaimed co stars. 

-I kinda agree with you. to be honest, we all know that whenever idols get cast as male or female lead, they get a lot of criticism and hate even before the drama starts. I think IU was so good in HDL. But the view of general public to idols getting cast remain the same. This is why I don't know if I want idols such as IU or Yoona to be cast as LMH's co-stars. I actually think IU's acting is a lot more impressive than Yoona.  Her drama changed my opinion about her. The thing is, for LMH's next work, either movie or drama, we minoz  want no negativity before the project starts and after it is aired. That is why I mentioned in my previous posts that it is best to wait for good script with good director. Director Lee Eung Bok is on my top list for LMH's next drama. I will support LMH with all his projects. I also want the best for him. 

- I think PBY can be one of the best options for LMH's next movie or drama. She is definitely a talented actress and is also popular in SK. Her movies are usually hit and she gets cast in good projects. I hope K-netizens don't complain about height difference though. :lol:

- I like Son Yejin a lot too. Her acting is good and she is so pretty. But the problem is that now she and her co-star in her previous drama have such a strong image as a couple and gained fans supporting the OTP. If she and LMH get cast together, people start comparing again like they did with TKEM and Goblin. Comparing chemistry, ratings, story, and so on. If the drama becomes more successful, then it is okay. But if they lack some chemistry, they both get some hate. Fans just have this tendency to compare and contrast in these type of situations. But again, Son Ye jin is a very well established and trusted actress. She chooses her projects well. LMH is cautious too and chooses his projects with consideration. Thus, if they do pair up with a solid script and director, I am more than happy for this pair. :) 

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

@Deepakmahajan I was thinking about you the other day.  Glad you recovered!  

Totally agree.  I hated hearing that TKEM was the most anticipated drama of the year.  It was like setting it up to be a failure.  You know it would never live up to the expectations.  And all the controversies:grimace:

I like LMH with the CH and LBS PD, Jin Hyuk.  Two of the most beautiful scenes came from those dramas, filmed beautifully, IMO.  

I agree that director Jin Hyuk is really amazing. Both CT and LBS were so beautifully directed. 

I think it was the first time LMH's drama get so much controversy. It is true that all dramas get some kind of hate and criticism. Some get more and some get less. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Maybe in 4-5 years after 2 movies and other hit drama, He can be paired with GHJ. and have a rom com or "slice of Life" type love story. Maybe about Upper 30's love? heheh...

That’s my kind of dramas :D

If it’s that, let’s make it next year. I’ll gladly accept!

I thought of that when the project is being announced, Looking at the Possible FL, the writer and the director, it looks like a promising project.

The storyline sounds like it can be good too.

Possible FL? It’s been confirmed that JJH will lead the drama. Here’s where my doubt is because actors don’t usually collaborate again. It’s happened before but unlikely. 

I added JJH on my list specifically with this project in mind lol. I knew she was confirmed and I liked the writer and the director so I can’t wish lmh would be the lead without saying I want him to work with JJH again lol. The script sounds mature and way different from LOTBS so I think it’ll work. 

IDK why, but somehow i want LMH to go dark on his next project, not a good guy/perfect lover. More like flawed character that would have a good character arc? and have a complete 180 transformation, like Cut his hair shorter or Buzz cut (depending on the character.

My exact thoughts! 

But, as a fan, i released him to do something absolutely different

I release him too! True fans will not mind him switching up his image. It’s acting after all. 

3 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

A thriller or full on action movie or drama which gets love by the korean gp. He deserves it. He gave it all for king but didn't get same recognition that he deserved in korea.

Firstly, I am so glad to hear you have recovered! 

Secondly, I am with you. I prefer his next project to be a hit in his home country even if it’s not as successful overseas. I seriously could not stand all the negative talk about TKEM because it didn’t have ratings to back it up. It’s one of the biggest international hits yet people refuse to recognize it because of the local ratings. I hope whether it be a movie or drama, his next project will smash it in South Korea. 

3 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Personally i don't want him to work with idols like yoona suzy iu types

I completely agree and see where you’re coming from. Generally, I don’t like idol actors either. BUT for me, IU is an exception. Her acting is impressive, more so than some established actresses. When she acts, I don’t see her as an idol at all. Plus, Korea loves her so this pairing might actually do well :D

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I am a bit sad that TKEM didn't get as much recognition as they had expected in SK. That is why I want his next project, movie or drama, to become a huge blockbuster. No confusion in story line, editing or directing issues. He deserves the best directing, editing, and story line when he is putting all the effort.

Ditto. 

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Some fans don't like the heirs, but I really liked it and I was so happy especially for LMH. Because the heirs and Kim Tan character became a huge hit in SK.

I have mixed feelings about Heirs because it’s the one project that gathered him many international haters. BUT I was honestly so happy for him because he received so much love. The Kim Tan wave was huge! And even until this day, his lines are iconic. 

I wish his next project will be just as loved by Koreans. I want a strong script with a well written character that will allow him to showcase his acting chops.

It’s a pity TKEM wasn’t received as positively in South Korea because lmh was wonderful as LG! While I enjoyed it a lot, I also hated hearing the negative noise surrounding it. If I’m honest, I’m a bit glad it’s over so he can move on to better things. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

That’s my kind of dramas :D

If it’s that, let’s make it next year. I’ll gladly accept!

The storyline sounds like it can be good too.

Possible FL? It’s been confirmed that JJH will lead the drama. Here’s where my doubt is because actors don’t usually collaborate again. It’s happened before but unlikely. 

I added JJH on my list specifically with this project in mind lol. I knew she was confirmed and I liked the writer and the director so I can’t wish lmh would be the lead without saying I want him to work with JJH again lol. The script sounds mature and way different from LOTBS so I think it’ll work. 
My exact thoughts! 

I release him too! True fans will not mind him switching up his image. It’s acting after all. 

Firstly, I am so glad to hear you have recovered! 
Secondly, I am with you. I prefer his next project to be a hit in his home country even if it’s not as successful overseas. I seriously could not stand all the negative talk about TKEM because it didn’t have ratings to back it up. It’s one of the biggest international hits yet people refuse to recognize it because of the local ratings. I hope whether it be a movie or drama, his next project will smash it in South Korea. 
I completely agree and see where you’re coming from. Generally, I don’t like idol actors either. BUT for me, IU is an exception. Her acting is impressive, more so than some established actresses. When she acts, I don’t see her as an idol at all. Plus, Korea loves her so this pairing might actually do well :D

Ditto. 
I have mixed feelings about Heirs because it’s the one project that gathered him many international haters. BUT I was honestly so happy for him because he received so much love. The Kim Tan wave was huge! And even until this day, his lines are iconic. 
I wish his next project will be just as loved by Koreans. I want a strong script with a well written character that will allow him to showcase his acting chops.
It’s a pity TKEM wasn’t received as positively in South Korea because lmh was wonderful as LG! While I enjoyed it a lot, I also hated hearing the negative noise surrounding it. If I’m honest, I’m a bit glad it’s over so he can move on to better things. 

I honestly fail to see the importance of general local critics regarding TKEM and I heard things but nothing significiant and even the opinions that came out were hardly significiant or detrimental to TKEM. He only grew on that and look at TKEM how much it gained. I have also seen alot of praise from SK. You have both parts but nothing of it really matter. Because nothing could have propelled this show to be become such massive hit overseas or prevent it and just something that was bound to happen.

I also see alot of mention about dramas here and there I necessarily don't agree I want him to remain on TKEM and use it as ''HYPE MACHINE'' staying with it for like 3-4 seasons they can make it bigger and bigger. This has alot of hype and he can use that to his benefit instead of just leaving to look for something that is hardly interesting. 

While staying on TKEM for couple more seasons I want him to do movies on the side and I am gonna be honest and frank I want TKEM to be his last ever drama where he takes 3-4 more seasons with TKEM and after that no more dramas. He should release atleast 2 projects every year 1 movie and 2nd season TKEM followed by another 1 movie and TKEM 3rd seasons etc etc. Until the 4th season of TKEM. 

Why would I want him to remain on TKEM? It's because I truly and sincerely believe that the sky is the limit and it can become really really big if you keep building on it and that is how shows generally grow. It got massive hype already and fandom and they just continue growing due to word of mouth until it just gets bigger and bigger because all of the big shows started out smaller and just kept growing from season to season and this is in my opinion great start for TKEM and to explode further and further. He should use TKEM as side thing for him to raise interest and cause fanfare while doing movies on the side for serious reasons but whatever he dose he should not leave TKEM that is GEM. I am seeing things from clear glasses here 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

18 minutes ago, Heilo said:

While staying on TKEM for couple more seasons I want him to do movies on the side and I am gonna be honest and frank I want TKEM to be his last ever drama where he takes 3-4 more seasons with TKEM and after that no more dramas. He should release atleast 2 projects every year 1 movie and 2nd season TKEM followed by another 1 movie and TKEM 3rd seasons etc etc. Until the 4th season of TKEM. 

Why would I want him to remain on TKEM? It's because I truly and sincerely believe that the sky is the limit and it can become really really big if you keep building on it and that is how shows generally grow. It got massive hype already and fandom and they just continue growing due to word of mouth until it just gets bigger and bigger because all of the big shows started out smaller and just kept growing from season to season and this is in my opinion great start for TKEM and to explode further and further. He should use TKEM as side thing for him to raise interest and cause fanfare while doing movies on the side for serious reasons but whatever he dose he should not leave TKEM that is GEM. I am seeing things from clear glasses here

If only the writers and producers were willing to nurture TKEM and let it grow bigger and bigger. It’s big enough as is. For a Netflix show, it’ll definitely explode with season 2. Believe me, I would love to watch 3 more seasons of TKEM but the chances of renewal is unlikely so I have no hopes it’ll happen.

I like the way you think though. 2 projects every year. I’m up for it lol. 

• Like 6

LMH twt update

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003584416?lfrom=twitter

2020061601001411200096901_20200615093505

2020061601001411200096903_20200615093505

Spoiler

2020061601001411200096902_20200615093505

"The King" Lee Min-ho, endless challenges and growth...Acting Life Starts Second Act

Lee Min-ho, who has grown into a representative actor in Korea, has already marked his 14th year since his debut, boasting a wide spectrum on TV and movie screen, from modern to historical dramas, and from Romantic Comedy to Action Noir.

He marked the beginning of the second act of his acting career in his 30s through the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," which ended on the 12th. Lee Min-ho, who returned after three years after "Legend of the Blue Sea," played the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, which added to his weight as an actor by showing off his dignified appearance and serious acting.

After being discharged from the military, he made an irreplaceable emperor character with more mature and masculine visuals wearing imperial uniforms, naval uniforms and horseback riding suits. His wide range of acting skills, ranging from melodrama to action, has enhanced the perfection of the parallel world fantasy romance. Above all, his deep melodrama skills greatly filled the drama. Lee Min-ho, who had delivered with sincere lines and monologues, touched the hearts of viewers with his affectionate emotional performances until the end, putting a perfect end to the eight-month-long journey.

The evolution of Lee Min-ho's romance, which was shown as "The King," has made us look forward to his future moves. Lee Min-ho, who made his official debut in the EBS drama "Secret Campus" in 2006, gradually accumulated his 14-year filmography. He gained experience by participating in a number of works, including dramas, "Mackerel Run," "I am Sam," and movies such as "Public Enemy Returns" and "Our School's E.T."

Even after being reborn as a Hallyu star through "Boys Over Flowers" (2009), Lee expanded his spectrum regardless of genres and roles such as modern and historical dramas, romantic comedies and melodies, thrillers and action noir. It can be seen that there were endless challenges and efforts to become an actor representing Korea through various roles.

Lee Min-ho, who returned to "Personal Taste" (2010) after "Boys Over Flowers," showed off a different charm as an architectural designer, and made a drastic change in his first action performance as "City Hunter" (2011). Despite being the first action drama to challenge him since his debut, Lee was well-received at home and abroad for his excellent performance of the Philippine real-life martial arts Arnis and Kravmaga, a type of special martial arts.

Since then, Lee's challenge has continued. He challenged his first historical drama through "Faith" (2012). His deep eyes and restrained action have made many female fans fall into "Choi Young sickness". Lee Min-ho then moved back to the modern drama, culminating in a teen romance with "The Heirs" (2013). If Gu Jun-pyo of "Boys Over Flowers" was the second generation of a tough conglomerate in a typical pure anime, Kim Tan of "The Heirs" (2013) was a person based on loneliness due to the inherent pain of being a chaebol. Lee Min-ho gained popularity as a syndrome-class actor with his mixed performance as heir Kim Tan.

Lee Min-ho tried to change his acting style again without complacency. In the movie "Gangnam 1970" (2015), Lee made a successful screen debut with a dramatic change in his acting as a tough fighter. In particular, despite his injuries, large or small, he delivered with his perfect performance on all action scenes, and earned the acclaim "Lee Min-ho's rediscovery."

In the "Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016-2017), which marks the end of his 20s, he burst into acting potentials with colorful transformations that combine the charms of the past and present life of Heo Jun-jae. It was a work that showed a glimpse of his strong masculinity.

In "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020), which he began as a 30-year-old actor after his military hiatus, Lee Min-ho's acting skills and passion were confirmed again. He drew attention with a more mature acting transformation that completely elevated the male lead from the high-teen romance he showed in his 20s. Viewers who watched "The King" commented that they felt the maturity in his 30s. This is why Lee Min-ho is looking forward to the days ahead since his debut 14 years ago.

Let's go to King Sejong Institute with actor Lee Min ho! eng

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

OK.. Final thoughts!  :glasses:

- Before LMH's next project, he will have 19-20 M followers  (this maybe random, but i just love it that the number of his followers are increasing at a crazy fast rate)

-1 movie and 1 tvN drama or Netflix original series (please no sbs)

-Movie: unusual character and different story- Collaboration with great co-stars-

- My final vote for his next drama: Title: don't know :lol: Director: Lee Eun Bok, writer: not sure, whoever writes a solid story and gives him fair screen time, co-star: Park Bo Young , Genre: romance, mystery, action, comedy :lol:  honestly don't know-whatever he wants to explore. But lets be honest, most of the mega hit dramas that create popular OTP are rom-com. K-netizens don't like very sad dramas or dramas that don't involve romance. If we want LMH to come back with a blockbuster drama which can gain recognition in SK, he should probably choose rom-com in his next project. I agree that it is good if he explores different genre and story. But may be his agency make him to do something that caters general public of SK this time. But he can very well explore a different genre and story in movies. 

By the way,  @scrawford mentioned Hong sisters. The thing with Hong sisters is that not all their ideas are good. Sometimes I like their drama and sometimes don't. I think it is more like hit or miss. For example, at first I liked their drama MS (Gong hye jin), but after some episodes I lost interest. They usually start strong but then lose ideas. Another thing is that I see a pattern of well-written female characters in their dramas. Her male leads are not that memorable like how KES's are. I personally watched HDL because of IU's character. 

OH MY GOD!!! someone calm me down!!! :lol:Why does his hairstyle look so good?? in the video that @syntyche shared about King saejon institute. His hair looks different in an adorable way. I know his TKEM hairstyle is similar. But in the video it looks like he has some kinda cute perm and his forehead is covered more compared to TKEM. it is so good!! Is it new hairstyle for new project? LOL just kidding!! :lol:

• Like 10
  • Love 1