Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

LOL I guess everyone has his own taste but No way in my taste I could say Reply series are boring .

Hahaha, I love them at least the one I watch.R88.

@Heretorant

did you say you want Minho to do ......".a mature romance drama "?:tounge_wink:

chingu I am all in for a mature drama with Minho in.

Yes, I am a pervy ahjumma.:)

As for the pairing now for his next project.

I can not tell yet who I want to see next to baby boy because I dont know what kind of drama he will make when he will make.

In the past when I heard the announcement of his female co-stars I used to get excited but when I saw  some of them next to him I felt that they were not a par with Minho.

lol sorry but not sorry and truth must be said .

Edited by kiklaminHo
add
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, scrawford said:

Haven't seen the reply series

It’s a heart warming family series. I love the old school nostalgic feels of the series. 

Reply 1988 - I believe you will cry watching it. I cried almost every episode. It’s not the depressing kind of cry but more so the touching type of cry. It’s relatable and the characters are realistic. You either have experienced, will experience or know some who’s experienced the things they go through. It’s also about first love. Of the 3 series, I like this one the most. It’s like a slice of life. 

@kiklaminHo You like R88 too? I honestly believe it’s a drama everyone should watch. Everyone can learn a thing or two about appreciating life. Are you watching Hospital Playlist? It’s the same writer as Reply. 

Reply 1997 - A drama about first love. It’ll give you butterflies. 

Reply 1994 - I don’t recommend. I didn’t finish this one. Well, maybe because I’m biased and shipped her with the second lead. But overall, I don’t think it was as good. 

he needs to try different genre, be a villain, or main lead but a damage/or bad ones.

I’m up for it. I’m a sucker for damaged leads or a “villain” lead. Unfortunately, I don’t believe korean dramas write too many of these characters. It’s usually movies. That’s why I don’t mind him taking a break from dramas and choosing film instead. Off the top of my head, I can’t name a ton of korean dramas where the lead is “bad.” Maybe Ji Sung in “Defendant,” Lee Jun Ki in “Two Weeks,” Jang Hyuk in “Slave hunters,” and Jo In Sung in “That winter the wind blows?” I think that’s as “bad” as characters get in kdramaland. 

What do you guys think about lmh taking on a role like Penn Badgley’s character in “YOU?” I think it’ll be interesting. 

I believe all those comments due to, his recent dramas who got high ratings (heirs and LOTBS), didnt really display his acting ability to the fullest. While His movie GB and faith and now TKEM, i believe display more of his acting range, of course got low ratings, heheh.

Hahaha you’re most certainly correct. Lmh is mostly remembered for his roles from hit dramas but I think he performs the best in his projects that are low rated. It’s not that he didn’t perform well in this other projects, it’s that he could only do so much with what he was given.  I think it’s not LOTBS though, I think it’s more BOF and Heirs. People actually liked him a lot during LOTBS and praised his comedic acting. Many can agree that he shined even next to JJH and possibly carried the show. To me, lmh is a great actor but a great actor also needs to meet a great role. LG is a great role imo and that’s why he’s excelling. LG‘s story was an emotional roller coaster ride so lmh had to portray many different emotions and he delivered flawlessly! 

a) Tom Cruise type actors, who is good, and always have blockbuster movies/dramas? and these type of actors, when they tried challenging roles, either it didn't get acknowledge or it didn't do well. Or b) if he wants to focus on his craft to be critical acclaim actor (which i believe he has the skill and can keep improving), he needs to branch out and might get wrong/flop project here and there, and it will be part of the journey. 

I prefer he takes both routes lol. He can take on some roles that will be automatic hits and some that are more challenging and may not be a success. 

I honestly believe he accepted GB with the mindset of b). A heartthrob known for his romantic roles taking on something completely opposite? GB wasn’t a huge blockbuster but everyone who watches it will agree he is so different there and it might even convert some haters to believing he’s not just all romance. 

If he choose more of a serious actor route, he is going to have to shed some images that has been placed upon him and take more of a risk. Or, he might want to be an entertaining actor, which nothing wrong with that because he can deliver. 

Wish him all the best on his second chapter and will support him whether he chose another romance or more of dark/thriller project.

I think some people were saying that his fans won’t allow him to “shed his image” but truthfully, I would like it if he did. I seriously would love to see him venture out and try different roles. Nothing is wrong with being an entertaining actor but I do believe that’s not where he wants to stay. Whatever his choice, I will support him every step of the way. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2020060900622_0.jpg

"The King: Eternal Monarch" has been ranked No. 1 in Wavve drama popularity for weeks. "The King," which has been number one on the weekly Wavve for seven weeks, remained in place ahead of its final airing. As the storyline reached its peak toward the final episode, "The King" Wavve VOD viewing time increased by about 25% compared to the previous week.

http://it.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/06/09/2020060900625.html

• Like 10
  • Awesome 4

@Heretorant

Do you see in my signature  the name next to Minho?

I m glad R88 introduced me to RJY.

R88 left a hole in my heart .:bawling: team Jungpal always.

I love HP . I can not move on .WG for ever :)

Only 2 dramas chingus I am following now but so many theories and analyses between The King and HP that at the end of the day I had a headache.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Here's where I watched "Good Day."

https://www.dailymotion.com/woodalchisminoz/videos

They have 18 episodes.

@gtLmh0622 says there are 6 episodes left to be translated.  (I didn't know that.)

Yes, "Good Day" has total 24 episodes.
And already 18 episodes out ? Woops ! Woodalchis minoz has done the jobs efficiently, I need to start my translation ASAP.  :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

would your thread like to host a virtual party in lieu of his birthday? let me know and I will help you all organize and invite the rest of soompi to join the fun. chingus, if this idea sounds fun to you, just tag me. otherwise, no worries. :)

so what would a virtual party look like? it would be similar to something like the soompi love feast event held in feb. see here:  

so it is a birthday party, you pick a theme. and then we ask people to post something that might include 1 or 2 questions plus food and drinks (well it is virtual!) your thread will be the host/location for the day for the event. have held virtual parties in my old ship before. it was so much fun! but we were a little crazy. kekekek... :lol:

@LmanglaLet's do it!  I'm not sure I totally understand the concept, but let's give it a shot.  Hope everyone in the thread agrees!

So get your thinking caps on!.  We need a

(1) theme:

(2) questions

(3) food and drink (this should be the easiest)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

hi guys, quick question. Is anybody familiar with MDL (MyDramalist)? is that site LMh friendly? or....

I think I looked at it.  If it's the same site, a couple of comments were harsh, but mostly people liked it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarolynH said:

I think I looked at it.  If it's the same site, a couple of comments were harsh, but mostly people liked it.  

ok, the King's thread is very heated and mainly dominated with negatives. it's crazy in there. I asked because i was just wondering if it's because of the drama itself, or LMh being in it influence the polar opposing comments. even the moderator seems to be biased. smh.

So yeah, avoid that site.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scrawford said:

ok, the King's thread is very heated and mainly dominated with negatives. it's crazy in there. I asked because i was just wondering if it's because of the drama itself, or LMh being in it influence the polar opposing comments. even the moderator seems to be biased. smh.

So yeah, avoid that site.

Sometimes just a photo of LMH sets people off lol.

I wanted to voice my opinion on LMH's next project.  I also like mysteries, so I'd love for him to try a movie or drama with some sort of mystery.  Or a combo mystery-comedy like the movie Clue (which is also my favorite board game).  I guess LMH would be Wadsworth.  Another idea is LMh as a single father bringing up a baby or young kid.  I think LMH looks so cute with kids.  

No real preference as to actress.  There are some that I don't think would be a good match.  I do prefer him with actresses older than him, for some reason.  He does have a more mature look than some of his contemporaries, so he can match up with someone older than him.  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

@LmanglaLet's do it!  I'm not sure I totally understand the concept, but let's give it a shot.  Hope everyone in the thread agrees!

So get your thinking caps on!.  We need a

(1) theme:

(2) questions

(3) food and drink (this should be the easiest)

awesome! let me think about something fun as a theme and get back. I keep thinking of a space theme for some reason. hahahah...  usually for questions, we do something kind of random and funny. so something like:

Q1. imagine you end up running into lee min ho and his manager at the airport. his manager says you can ask one question but min ho is bored of the usual questions. so, what would you ask?

Q2. he has been a chaebol, spy, general, king, con artist, gangster. what would you like to see? astronaut? zombie killer? doctor?

for food and drinks, we can ask people to post their favourite foods or something from their part of the world to give it an international flavour.

P.S ~ when is his birthday by the way?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Sometimes just a photo of LMH sets people off lol.

I wanted to voice my opinion on LMH's next project.  I also like mysteries, so I'd love for him to try a movie or drama with some sort of mystery.  Or a combo mystery-comedy like the movie Clue (which is also my favorite board game).  I guess LMH would be Wadsworth.  Another idea is LMh as a single father bringing up a baby or young kid.  I think LMH looks so cute with kids.  

No real preference as to actress.  There are some that I don't think would be a good match.  I do prefer him with actresses older than him, for some reason.  He does have a more mature look than some of his contemporaries, so he can match up with someone older than him.  

I totally agree with this!!! I loved his chemistry with SYJ in PT and Kim Hee Sun in Faith!!! He also had great chemistry with PMY in city hunter (she was noona too, 1 year older? :lol:). Lets look up Noona actresses and come up with a list. lol :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

I totally agree with this!!! I loved his chemistry with SYJ in PT and Kim Hee Sun in Faith!!! He also had great chemistry with PMY in city hunter (she was noona too, 1 year older? :lol:). 

GHS is also noona.  :)

006UQ8nvly1gfltx15qgqg30rs0fnu15.gif

006UQ8nvly1gfltxc3assg30rs0fn1l4.gif

006UQ8nvly1gfltx9ptvjg30rs0fnkjt.gif

cr. The B

• Like 3
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, scrawford said:

I like Kim Tae Ri, although i have only seen her in Mr. Sunshine, i think she is really impressive.

Agree, Whichever role he choose it will be a mature one for sure. I'm going to miss him....i want him to announce next project soon lol! but i know career wise, it's best to wait for the right script and i don't know much about k-Ent Industry whether it's good to have project back to back or better wait, but i do like that LMH is very selective with his Project.

scrawford having a busy schedule does not mean they are getting good projects and are well-paid. For me, I prefer that LMH would wait for better script again instead of grabbing any offers that may come his way again. I want him to have a reputation to uphold in terms of picking quality scripts. I want him to show us that he’s more than capable of meeting our high expectations. LMH tends to pick roles that involve him being wealthy and tough, which I don’t ever complain about because it works for him & love it for him. He picks these kind of roles, which for me are all crowd-pleasers and thoroughly entertaining to watch. His "Gangnam" character was one that went against his typical roles. It’s a personality we’re not used to seeing for him, but for some it was an unforgettable performance and movie! I want him to pick versatile roles and scripts that will be all pretty different from each other. Well, he has done pretty much every genre, anyway. He pulled them all off with such ease. :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I totally agree with this!!! I loved his chemistry with SYJ in PT and Kim Hee Sun in Faith!!! He also had great chemistry with PMY in city hunter (she was noona too, 1 year older? :lol:). Lets look up Noona actresses and come up with a list. lol :D

Nikaa, actually, she's 2-year older than him. :blush: I loved their chemistry!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, scrawford said:

hi guys, quick question. Is anybody familiar with MDL (MyDramalist)? is that site LMh friendly? or....

scrawford,  oh.....is this site still up? I thought all along it's permanently down. The website has not been working for quite a while. I thought it was IP banned or something - LOL. IDK if it's as you said LMH-friendly or what but, it's such a great website and it's easy to keep track on your watched dramas. You can also keep track on which episode you're on or the dramas you want to watch in the future + that the database contains almost all the dramas. :blush:

• Like 1