Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

5 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Haha, detective, lawyer, crime, and doctor dramas are always my favorite. Now I even can't watch the romance only. The worst is, after "The King",  no other K-drama can be attractive to me. :P

Except LMH, no other Korean actor and actress that I'm so like to watch all his/her dramas. But I like Park Bo Young, I watched her dramas even movie but I couldn't complete "Abyss". I think his co-star should be top actress now but there are not many. Maybe Han Hyo Joo or Ha Ji Won ?

(I thought I did watch almost all Choi Jin Hyuk's dramas after Heirs, because most of his dramas were my favorite kind.)

gtLmh, oh.....I adore CJH, too & I've watched all his dramas except Rugal since this was just recent. :blush:

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, kiklaminHo said:

@Lmangla

I just voted!

City Hunter for me was the one for his best look.

I had a problem to choosing one there because Minho is gorgeous always!

friends probably I am in the minority but Personal Taste is my choice in the second question.

Maybe I should rewatch this one .It was years ago the last time I watch it.

@gtLmh0622thank you for the post above.

chingus,

On another note do we do anything for Minho's birthday?

glad you enjoyed the poll. :) since you mentioned his birthday, had an idea. would your thread like to host a virtual party in lieu of his birthday? let me know and I will help you all organize and invite the rest of soompi to join the fun. chingus, if this idea sounds fun to you, just tag me. otherwise, no worries. :)

so what would a virtual party look like? it would be similar to something like the soompi love feast event held in feb. see here:  

so it is a birthday party, you pick a theme. and then we ask people to post something that might include 1 or 2 questions plus food and drinks (well it is virtual!) your thread will be the host/location for the day for the event. have held virtual parties in my old ship before. it was so much fun! but we were a little crazy. kekekek... :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

Good you brought my message here.  :D I have heard KTR name but I have never watched any drama or movie of her. Is she good? I kinda agree with your opinion about PSH and SHK. I am a fan of SHK and watched almost all her dramas that is why i like her a lot.  Kim Ji Won always has good chemistry with her partners and acts so well. Someone mentioned IU in the TKEM thread and I think they can be very charismatic and kinda sexy couple. In the past years, LMH's roles have shifted towards warmer and kinder characters. I like him to play a role which has cold charisma and sexy. :D  By the way, I don't like detective, lawyer stuff, and crime dramas. Hope he never plays in those type. 

@gtLmh0622  What actresses do you have in mind for LMH? like to hear your opinion too! ^^

Does the news of new offers (drama and movies) get released to public only if they accept the offers? I am always curious to know if he had rejected projects before. How is the processing of project offerings handled? curious to know! 

Nikaa, no, even if an actor/s has not taken the offer yet, news about the offer gets released publicly. I haven't heard any news where LMH rejected a drama/movie - please correct me if I'm wrong. :blush:

• Like 1

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Ratings Rise Ahead Of Finale + “King Maker: The Change Of Destiny” Soars To New All-Time High

336a89915a4a42c1b509717b7fed0055.jpeg?s=

With just one episode left to go, SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” is heading into its finale on a ratings boost!

On June 6, the penultimate episode of the fantasy romance drama saw an increase in viewership from the previous broadcast the night before. According to Nielsen Korea, “The King: Eternal Monarch” scored average nationwide ratings of 5.9 percent and 8.1 percent for its two parts.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

To read FULL article : https://www.soompi.com/article/1405178wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-ratings-rise-ahead-of-finale-king-maker-the-change-of-destiny-soars-to-new-all-time-high

• Like 6

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Nikaa, no, even if an actor/s has not taken the offer yet, news about the offer gets released publicly. I haven't heard any news where LMH rejected a drama/movie - please correct me if I'm wrong. :blush:

@willenette LMH has rejected bad guy and chose PT as his follow up project after BOF. His reason was the character isn't suitable for his age at that time and he rather wait until the moment is right. 

The second one I remembered is with Zhang Ziyi (crouching tiger) calling him directly to do a film together but he kindly rejected the offer * around 2014 or 2015.

Edited by happivirus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, happivirus said:

@willenette LMH has rejected bad guy and chose PT as his follow up project after BOF. His reason was the character isn't suitable for his age at that time and he rather wait until the moment is right. 

The second one I remembered is with Zhang Ziyi (crouching tiger) calling him directly to do a film together but he kindly rejected the offer * around 2014 or 2015.

happivirus, what i remembered was the 2nd one you mentioned but i thought all along this was just a rumour & there was no truth on it as what his management agency said then. :blush:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, willenette said:

happivirus, what i remembered was the 2nd one you mentioned but i thought all along this was just a rumour & there was no truth on it as what his management agency said then. :blush:

I wish I could find the article again and it was his agency then stating that it's true ZZ calls LMH for the movie title that I can't record. Not many fans were fond of the movie plot. Maybe if I came across that article again I'll post it here as reference. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2007 at 4:46 AM, spark said:

WHOA!!! hes looking SEXYYY in those model pics <33 i love his smile, its so goofy in the drama but hot in pics lols.

hes the best newbie in that drama, Run Mackeral! =]]

i TOTALLY recognize that girl hes taking pics with his arms around!! omgsh she was in some drama large toy plushies... but crap i cant remember what she played... i feel like they are gf and bf but cute couple lols (or maybe he broke up check here and that other girl in the last couple pics is his g/f hmm...)

also JUNG IL WOO!!! ahhh!! hot guys hang with hot guys lols 

AND WHOA IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY TODAY (in korea anyways)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIN HO-sshi!!!! <33

i've never seen him before,

but he looks yummy. lol.

maybe i'll watch his drama

when school's over<3

Edited by linda martin
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Good you brought my message here.  :D I have heard KTR name but I have never watched any drama or movie of her. Is she good? I kinda agree with your opinion about PSH and SHK. I am a fan of SHK and watched almost all her dramas that is why i like her a lot.  Kim Ji Won always has good chemistry with her partners and acts so well. Someone mentioned IU in the TKEM thread and I think they can be very charismatic and kinda sexy couple. In the past years, LMH's roles have shifted towards warmer and kinder characters. I like him to play a role which has cold charisma and sexy. :D  By the way, I don't like detective, lawyer stuff, and crime dramas. Hope he never plays in those type. 

@gtLmh0622  What actresses do you have in mind for LMH? like to hear your opinion too! ^^

Does the news of new offers (drama and movies) get released to public only if they accept the offers? I am always curious to know if he had rejected projects before. How is the processing of project offerings handled? curious to know! 

I like crime, mstery my favourite :lol: I want LMH new drama maybe like City Hunter action romance.And I like IU's Hotel De Luna character if she has  character like Hotel character they will be good.I watched Kim Tae Ri just Ms.Sunsine and I liked her and she is so beautiful.

And mostly actor announce offer news because this is marketing " we receive so many offer" means:lol: but LMH never announce because he is everytime humble , he needn't media play

• Like 5

8 hours ago, happivirus said:

I haven't watched that drama. Just searched and it seems too dark. Glad he rejected.:lol: If plays dark characters in movies, it is good but in a 16-20 episode drama not fun.  I have watched each of LMH's dramas more than twice. But if a drama is too sad like a thousand days' promise, I can never watch it twice. He rocks Rocco genre and most of Hit K-dramas are mix genre like romance-comedy-fantasy,.  A romance-comedy-action-mystery genre is great!! I l :heart: fantasy dramas too because they can be so different with amazing stories. 

It seems I am the only one who doesn't like crime, lawyer, and detective stuff. The reason is these type of dramas are kinda repetitive. I have watched this genre before but I don't want LMH to play in these type. :D I like LMH to be in unique and blockbuster drama  (The type that makes buzz like LBS, TKEM, Heirs, TKEM) not drama with too many characters and heart-warming stories (The reply stuff) LOL. TKEM also has quite many characters but the story is insanely awesome and different. 

@leeminhosny Yeah, KTR is pretty, I searched and saw that she is active in Movie industry. Her age matches LMH too 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, happivirus said:

I wish I could find the article again and it was his agency then stating that it's true ZZ calls LMH for the movie title that I can't record. Not many fans were fond of the movie plot. Maybe if I came across that article again I'll post it here as reference. 

I do remember reading this article .it was back in 2015-16 I think.

@linda martin

"I 've never seen him before,

but he looks yummy. lol.

maybe i'll watch his drama

when school's over<3"

all and all ages are welcome .

Never is too late to indulge your self ! :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

not drama with too many characters and heart-warming stories (The reply stuff) LOL

What?! I love the Reply series lol. I don’t want lmh in a drama with a ton of characters ever again but I do like heart warming simple stories if it’s done right. For example, I really enjoyed “When the camellia blooms.” Extraordinary is fun but sometimes simplicity is better. My only wish for his next project, whether it be action, romance or healing, is that it won’t be a fantasy. He’s done 3 fantasy dramas so far, two back to back though 3 years apart. I might be the only one but I wouldn’t mind a mature romance drama that deals with realistic problems and teaches a meaningful life lesson, something like “Go back couple.” Although “Go back couple” did involve a bit of fantasy but still lol. And I also don’t mind a drama like “Mr. Sunshine,” one that isn’t for the purpose of entertainment only but for the purpose of delivering a deep and meaningful message. Lol, I guess I see my pattern here. I like dramas that have meanings.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

What?! I love the Reply series lol. I don’t want lmh in a drama with a ton of characters ever again but I do like heart warming simple stories if it’s done right. For example, I really enjoyed “When the camellia blooms.” Extraordinary is fun but sometimes simplicity is better. My only wish for his next project, whether it be action, romance or healing, is that it won’t be a fantasy. He’s done 3 fantasy dramas so far, two back to back though 3 years apart. I might be the only one but I wouldn’t mind a mature romance drama that deals with realistic problems and teaches a meaningful life lesson, something like “Go back couple.” Although “Go back couple” did involve a bit of fantasy but still lol. And I also don’t mind a drama like “Mr. Sunshine,” one that isn’t for the purpose of entertainment only but for the purpose of delivering a deep and meaningful message. Lol, I guess I see my pattern here. I like dramas that have meanings.  

Love talking about LMH next project, i'm gonna elaborate and this will be a long one :).

Haven't seen the reply series, but now you mentioned it, i want to check it out! heheh... Regarding LMH next project, if i want to follow my fangirling heart, of course i want to see him be a romantic partner again, but....as somebody who enjoy versatile acting, i want his next project to not be romance, or if it's romance, maybe a different kinds of romance, more mature, dealing with real relationship issues like you you mentioned above. I remember one of his recent magazine interview (lofficiel i think) he said he look up to actors like Lee Jung jae and Lee Byung Hun. Assuming he aspire to have longevity like those two actors he mentioned, he needs to try different genre, be a villain, or main lead but a damage/or bad ones. I'm sure he can cash out more Male lead role in Kdrama and he will slay. However, just like how some people here have discuss, how it can be annoying that, people now just notice that LMH can act or comments like "he is getting better" annoyed us fans who already acknowledge his acting skills. I believe all those comments due to, his recent dramas who got high ratings (heirs and LOTBS), didnt really display his acting ability to the fullest. While His movie GB and faith and now TKEM, i believe display more of his acting range, of course got low ratings, heheh.

It will all goes back to what LMH wants to focus on, Does He wants to be a) Tom Cruise type actors, who is good, and always have blockbuster movies/dramas? and these type of actors, when they tried challenging roles, either it didn't get acknowledge or it didn't do well. Or b) if he wants to focus on his craft to be critical acclaim actor (which i believe he has the skill and can keep improving), he needs to branch out and might get wrong/flop project here and there, and it will be part of the journey. 

When i think about the latter option, i can't help but think of Leonardo Dicaprio, he was a heartthrob, and the project that got his name on the map was the modern Romeo and Juliet and Titanic, but he had been acting longer than that and had challenging roles. He was handsome, but i always believe and acknowledge that he can act. but it takes him a long time to prove his craft, he even work with amazing directors, but he finally got his Oscar like 2 years ago? after got nominated 5 times.  

Like most of you here, I see LMH who can act and he is more than pretty face, but....what got him really popular are the cliche romance drama, which nothing wrong with that, because people love romance and he is good at it, duh! hence many public perception is that he is one dimensional actor. While so many of us here, his true fans who follow his work, has seen his range and know he can act more than being a Kim Tan or Gu Jun Pyo. If he choose more of a serious actor route, he is going to have to shed some images that has been placed upon him and take more of a risk. Or, he might want to be an entertaining actor, which nothing wrong with that because he can deliver. 

Wish him all the best on his second chapter and will support him whether he chose another romance or more of dark/thriller project.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Lee Min Ho can't star in like Reply series dramas because of his popularity, this is disadventege of popularity ,you saw how everyone behave fast to criticise his drama  just in first ep, Reply series is so boring in the beginning, at least you sould wait 5-6 ep to love drama, we saw TKEM broke rating record first ep but everyone started to critise just in 2nd ep like this "rating won't rise" so less popular actors star in reply series, Knetz and everyone behave merciless to popular actors, other actors don't receive so much criticism but if LMH star in this series he receives so many criticism " so broing" etc.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

It's fun to hear everyone's thoughts about LMH's future roles.  I think I agree with almost everyone.  :lol:  

I like the suggestions Park Bo-young, Kim Tae-ri, IU, and maybe Han Hyo-joo.  I would suggest Jung So-min, also.

It would depend on the role as to which actress would be best suited.  But LMH would have chemistry with anyone.

I want him to try everything, and I look forward to more of his second chapter, which quite logically and naturally will be more mature.

tumblr_oubz2dN8U11w2zf0ho1_540.jpg

cr. cine21

Here's where I watched "Good Day."

https://www.dailymotion.com/woodalchisminoz/videos

They have 18 episodes.

@gtLmh0622 says there are 6 episodes left to be translated.  (I didn't know that.)

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

It's fun to hear everyone's thoughts about LMH's future roles.  I think I agree with almost everyone.  :lol:  

I like the suggestions Park Bo-young, Kim Tae-ri, IU, and maybe Han Hyo-joo.  I would suggest Jung So-min, also.

It would depend on the role as to which actress would be best suited.  But LMH would have chemistry with anyone.

I want him to try everything, and I look forward to more of his second chapter, which quite logically and naturally will be more mature.

I like Kim Tae Ri, although i have only seen her in Mr. Sunshine, i think she is really impressive.

Agree, Whichever role he choose it will be a mature one for sure. I'm going to miss him....i want him to announce next project soon lol! but i know career wise, it's best to wait for the right script and i don't know much about k-Ent Industry whether it's good to have project back to back or better wait, but i do like that LMH is very selective with his Project.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I like Kim Tae Ri, although i have only seen her in Mr. Sunshine, i think she is really impressive.

Agree, Whichever role he choose it will be a mature one for sure. I'm going to miss him....i want him to announce next project soon lol! but i know career wise, it's best to wait for the right script and i don't know much about k-Ent Industry whether it's good to have project back to back or better wait, but i do like that LMH is very selective with his Project.

As much as I want him to come back, it is better to wait. To be honest, LMH might have not come back with drama after MS if KES hadn't offered him TKEM role. KES is a top and known writer and I doubt any actor would reject her. LMH himself mentioned in the press conference that KES's name is influential (don't remember exact words) and that he trusted her. That is why he came back with drama soon after MS. He might have come back with a movie had it not been with KES offer. LMH is very popular and well-established and he doesn't need to be in projects to gain popularity. Therefore, I think he has become even more cautious and meticulous about his projects. He may not choose drama until he knows for sure the script has something good to offer. Like @leeminhosny mentioned popular actors get criticized fast. LMH knows this too. It is best we wait until we get a script worthy of coming back. If he doesn't choose good scripts, people will judge and criticize that his role is the same and it is boring. K-netizens were not patient with TKEM and criticized it so fast because of A-list actors and super high expectations, which is why KES should have started the drama stronger to meet up with viewers' expectations and not lose them *eye siding* :D (less ppl, ..). tvN dramas are a lot better in terms of creativity and new plots. He has been in public channels for so long. tvN and JTBC produce very good dramas. Most actors have once played in tvN dramas. To be honest, TKEM is tvN material, I don't know why KES chose SBS. I agree that we should support him whatever role he chooses. I want the best for him!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

As much as I want him to come back, it is better to wait. To be honest, LMH might have not come back with drama after MS if KES hadn't offered him TKEM role. KES is a top and known writer and I doubt any actor would reject her. LMH himself mentioned in the press conference that KES's name is influential (don't remember exact words) and that he trusted her. That is why he came back with drama soon after MS. He might have come back with a movie had it not been with KES offer. LMH is very popular and well-established and he doesn't need to be in projects to gain popularity. Therefore, I think he has become even more cautious and meticulous about his projects. He may not choose drama until he knows for sure the script has something good to offer. Like @leeminhosny mentioned popular actors get criticized fast. LMH knows this too. It is best we wait until we get a script worthy of coming back. If he doesn't choose good scripts, people will judge and criticize that his role is the same and it is boring. K-netizens were not patient with TKEM and criticized it so fast because of A-list actors and super high expectations, which is why KES should have started the drama stronger to meet up with viewers' expectations and not lose them *eye siding* :D (less ppl, ..). tvN dramas are a lot better in terms of creativity and new plots. He has been in public channels for so long. tvN and JTBC produce very good dramas. Most actors have once played in tvN dramas. To be honest, TKEM is tvN material, I don't know why KES chose SBS. I agree that we should support him whatever role he chooses. I want the best for him!

Everyone said " if only you show LMH so much in the beginning" THEM has so many detective scenes and edit problems in the beginning, so everybody dropped drama, I remember in EP3 almost 30 minutes LMH didn't come out , this drama wanted patience but viewers were impatient they didn't wait, unfortunately drama was better after EP8 but there are so many detective scene until EP8 , I think drama started actually after Ep8, viewers missed most beautiful parts.I am really sad so little people could see LMH's amazing acting and beautiful scenes .

Rwlt.png

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2