Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

9 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Boys over flowers ranked 22 worldwide on netflix. You know how huge it is? Only old drama which ranked higher i think is friends which is worldwide classic. Language barrier still bof barely missed top 20. 11 years since it aired. It is biggest hallyu hit of all time. 

I m glad king is loved worldwide. If not in korea.

The first few weeks , the direction and story was slow which ruined the momentum in korea and people never gave it chance again. Poor actors not their fault.  Drama picked up by end of third week, but there was so much negativity.  There are many who are celebrating it. I am sure lmh will bounce back. I hope he picks a strong script, not just the writer and also start exploring movie land. He is rich enough to produce a movie on his own. 

There is an industry insider who gave me some info before about some celebs  and it came right. She revealed that LMH is not into media play and he is highest paid drama actor without letting million articles  getting out. She said he got paid 300k usd per episode. That is 4.8 million usd for season. He got paid so much  because of high distribution he brought for king. Despite not working in korea, drama recovered  the budget because of his name. I wish he mediaplayed too.

Lmh will keep getting big salary bcoz he brings profit despite the ratings. But i hope he doesn't relax after king and sign some good script and get a blockbuster. Some low lives r running their mouths too much. Which makes me sad.

Yeah, I really want him to come back soon. Now that he has completed MS., we don't have to be sad like when we were after LBS. He deserves to rest. But I hope it won't take him a long time.  1 movie and 1 tvN drama! :D

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

12 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

There are many who are celebrating it. I am sure lmh will bounce back. I hope he picks a strong script, not just the writer and also start exploring movie land. He is rich enough to produce a movie on his own. 

Lmh will keep getting big salary bcoz he brings profit despite the ratings. But i hope he doesn't relax after king and sign some good script and get a blockbuster. Some low lives r running their mouths too much. Which makes me sad.

@Deepakmahajan i trust he will bounce back, and i feel like his comeback is pretty successful regardless. IMO, i think he picked out a strong script, it was the way the story was delivered, especially during the 1-8 episode wasn't necessarily for mass consumption. I feel like it's such a pressure to always score big hits/high ratings drama, and my wish for him is that he will pick the script that he likes and will challenge him as an actor, because as you said, he makes a lot of money already. As a fan, we will just have to ignore the negative and focusing on supporting him :)

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Yeah, I really want him to come back soon. Now that he has completed MS., we don't have to be sad like when we were after LBS. He deserves to rest. But I hope it won't take him a long time.  1 movie and 1 tvN drama! :D

It just would have been really sad when LOTBS ended. I'm glad that it's over and now, we have the anticipation of hearing what would be his next project. I agree i would like for him to do movie next and yes, he needs to branch out of Public tv. hehehehe

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I feel this time we won't wait so long, and my 6th sence is strong generally :lol: I want a movie from him now and I think he will star in next year a drama again.

let's cross our finger that we don't have to wait too long. With TKEM Netflix Success, i hope he can score a Netlfix Original Movie or short drama. I'm wishing upon something more critical acclaim heheheh

• Like 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, scrawford said:

let's cross our finger that we don't have to wait too long. With TKEM Netflix Success, i hope he can score a Netlfix Original Movie or short drama. I wishing upon something more critical acclaim heheheh

I guess Netflix offer him orijinal scenarios, they saw his power I think so, I want crime, mystery movie:lol:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

let's cross our finger that we don't have to wait too long. With TKEM Netflix Success, i hope he can score a Netlfix Original Movie or short drama. I'm wishing upon something more critical acclaim heheheh

That is my hope! That his next series will be on Netflix, no pressure on ratings. It’ll be a success for sure! If TKEM was only aired on Netflix, no one would dare say it’s a failure! 

I’m pretty sad that TKEM is coming to an end. I waited so long for his return only for it to last so briefly. But we are in a better place now than 3 years ago. I hope he takes on at least 2 movies after TKEM and then return to small screen next year or the year after. I’m wishing to meet him more often through his projects. I feel a little deprived whenever he’s not on screen lol. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

That is my hope! That his next series will be on Netflix, no pressure on ratings. It’ll be a success for sure! If TKEM was only aired on Netflix, no one would dare say it’s a failure! 

I’m pretty sad that TKEM is coming to an end. I waited so long for his return only for it to last so briefly. But we are in a better place now than 3 years ago. I hope he takes on at least 2 movies after TKEM and then return to small screen next year or the year after. I’m wishing to meet him more often through his projects. I feel a little deprived whenever he’s not on screen lol. 

Yeah, especially during pandemic, Netflix seems to be the smart choice, although I’d like him to collaborate with senior actors and directors in SK cinema, but.... there will be time For that. 

Me too! TKEM seems to come and go pretty fast, even tho technically we still have this weekend and two more. But the wrap up filming definitely give us that “oh my gosh it’s gonna be over soon” feeling

• Like 6
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I guess Netflix offer him orijinal scenarios, they saw his power I think so, I want crime, mystery movie:lol:

TKEM reignited his fandom and it turned for him good. He gained in total around 4.2mio followers while tkem was airing on weibo,TW, FB and Insta. It became a massive hit on Netflix and worldwide it was a new territory for him to conquer. I remember the show that gained him most followers was actully Heirs he gained around 20mio followers after that show across different SNS mainly on FB and weibo. I think TKEM will do around 10-15mio followers. He has already covered around 25% of that the rest 75% will come post the show. Netflix performance truly signifies how big hit this was for him. 

Cinama is dead imo especially around this Covid19 panic era which I assume will last for the next 2-3yrs cinama won't be back fully. Netflix is where it is at currently. I don't wanna see him take drama for a good while just netflix original movies as he has a strong fanbase on Netflix already build in the system and also there comes bigger advantage with Netflix as there is more audience then cinema so there is more exposure

• Like 7
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Heilo said:

TKEM reignited his fandom and it turned for him good. He gained in total around 4.2mio followers while tkem was airing on weibo,TW, FB and Insta. It became a massive hit on Netflix and worldwide it was a new territory for him to conquer. I remember the show that gained him most followers was actully Heirs he gained around 20mio followers after that show across different SNS mainly on FB and weibo. I think TKEM will do around 10-15mio followers. He has already covered around 25% of that the rest 75% will come post the show. Netflix performance truly signifies how big hit this was for him. 

We already know his power in worldwide but there isn't to measure a system so far. This became to light because of Netflix so I am happy. Just let's wait TKEM more success now.:thumbsup::heart: So many fans watched so far but different people will watch it in future.Main success is coming soon.

There is a article about LMH on Naver  you can look 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000282980?lfrom=twitter

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

We already know his power in worldwide but there isn't to measure a system so far. This became to light because of Netflix so I am happy. Just let's wait TKEM more success now.:thumbsup::heart: So many fans watched so far but different people will watch it in future.Main success is coming soon.

There is a article about LMH on Naver  you can look 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000282980?lfrom=twitter

What’s the article about? I can’t really

use google translation on my phone. Also, is that a recent article?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

About His pysical and style "Lee Min-ho, who received attention as the top 1 professional visual since his debut at the beginning of 'Boys over Flowers', is robbing his gaze with perfect fit, from uniform to high, sculpted nose and sharp shoulders and solid shoulders." etc.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Cinama is dead imo especially around this Covid19 panic era which I assume will last for the next 2-3yrs cinama won't be back fully. Netflix is where it is at currently. I don't wanna see him take drama for a good while just netflix original movies as he has a strong fanbase on Netflix already build in the system and also there comes bigger advantage with Netflix as there is more audience then cinema so there is more exposure

In my honest opinion I am hoping for TKEM 2nd season and he can do movies on the side but keep going with TKEM it's doing wonders for him in many areas this is almost post-heirs like explosion for him and I want that continued or build upon. Keep rolling the dice. 

He can do netflix origin movies on the side while also doing TKEM 2. He can use that as for generating hype. It's a hype machine and a monster at that 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

"OOTD" by Lee Min-ho of "The King" 

Actor Lee Min-ho is melting women's hearts with his beautiful appearance and uniform fit.

In the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" (hereinafter referred to as "The King"), Lee Min-ho is playing the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, who travels between parallel worlds with cool charisma of the monarch and affectionate romance.

PIToaGX.png
▲ OOTD of 'King of the Korean Empire' Lee Min-ho

QruA5MZ.png

▲ Lee Gon, who melts women's hearts with his beautiful appearance and uniform fit (picture = MYM Entertainment provided)

pd5bt4j.png
▲ Lee Min-ho's OOTD in public

Spoiler

202005281730291810_4.jpg

▲ tall and sculptural features

Spoiler

202005281730291810_5.jpg

▲ Hallyu star who perfectly digests various suit looks

Spoiler

202005281730291810_6.jpg

▲ Tuxedo Fit Shines the Awards Red Carpet

Spoiler

202005281730291810_7.jpg

▲ Lee Min-ho, who is spotlighted for his body proportions that are comparable to that of a model.

Spoiler

202005281730291810_8.jpg

▲ Casual Look

Spoiler

202005281730291810_9.jpg

▲ Daily fashion showing a softer mood in public appearances

Spoiler

202005281730291810_10.jpg

(Photo=Lee Min-ho Instagram)

Spoiler

202005281730291810_11.jpg

Why does a military uniform look so good like this? (Photo = Army Training Center homepage)

Lee Min-ho, who has drawn attention as the top 1 percent visual since his debut in "Boys Over Flowers," is stealing attention with perfect fit from uniforms, horseback riding suits, and even konryongpo with his sculptural high nose, clear features, and long legs and solid shoulders.

From the drama "Boys Over Flowers," to "Personal Taste," "City Hunter," "Faith," "The Heirs," "The Legend of the Blue Sea," and the movie "Gangnam 1970," Lee Min-ho has become a Hallyu (Korean Wave) man who has captivated the continent beyond Korea with his masculine charm and delicate acting skills.

Outfit Of The Day (OOTD) by actor Lee Min-ho, who has been in his 14th year since his debut, showing off his pictorial-like outfit for every work, including preppy look, sophisticated city look, Hunter look, and warrior look.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202005281730291810

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

OH MY GOD!!!

I love this OOTD article!! Just looking at all these pictures together makes my heart beat. :bawling::heart:

My favorite drama fashion of LMH is from The King and city Hunter. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

202005290833372410_1.jpg

"The King" shooting is over after 8 months, and the final episode will be aired on June 12 (official)

The 13th episode of SBS's "The King," which was scheduled to air on the 29th, will air on the 30th with the movie "Contagion" being aired as a special program for Covid-19. Afterwards, the 14th episode airs on June 5, the 15th episode on June 6, and the final episode, 16th episode, on June 12.

"The King-Eternal Monarch" ended its eight-month filming.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon and Jung Ji-hyun) is a fantasy romance that depicts Lee Gon (played by Lee Min-ho), the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae-eul (played by Kim Go-eun), a Korean detective who tries to protect someone's life, people, and love, through cooperation between the two worlds.

"The King," which began its first broadcast on April 17, began filming in October 2019 in a village in North Chungcheong Province and held its last filming in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province, on May 28. As it is known that Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun were the main characters of the last shooting, attention is being paid to how the fate of the "Lee Eul couple," in which the two played enthusiastically, will unfold in the future.

The King" team launched nationwide filming locations to express a variety of parallel world fantasy romance across the two worlds, the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea. As a result, videos shot in Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Incheon and Osan were completed with beautiful visual beauty, which delighted viewers.

In addition, despite the large scale of the Korean Empire's New Year's event, the filming was completed safely with safety-first priority. In addition, the efforts of actors such as Lee Min-ho, who worked with Maximus two months before the shooting, Kim Go-eun, who worked together to express Jeong Tae-eul, a taekwondo fighter and a violent crime squad detective, and Woo Do-hwan and Kim Kyung-nam, who played colorful characters through exercise and action practice, were also outstanding.

The filming site of "The King" was always full of laughter, with everyone doing their best, as the actors continued to film for a long time. At the end of the last shoot, both the actors and the staff shed tears, hugging each other and giving a warm finish. Especially, the actors and staff shouted "Don't give spoilers," and they looked stunned as if the drama's feelings were lingering. Curiosity is increasing as to how The King will end.

The production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said, "The filming, which began in October last year and lasted for eight months, was completed on May 28," and thanked the actors and staff for their hard work for the new and special parallel world fantasy romance "The King." In the remaining four episodes, an unexpected, endless story unfolds. Please keep an eye on it until the end.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202005290833372410

a80f91ad994f459bafe91f2709f83a25.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Wraps Filming After 8 Months + Confirms Finale Date

Filming for SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has officially come to an end!

On May 29, production company Hwa & Dam Pictures announced that with just four episodes left in its run, the fantasy romance drama had finally wrapped up filming.

The company stated, “Filming [for ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’], which began in October of last year and continued over eight months, was completed on May 28. We would like to thank the cast and crew, who did their very best for the new and different parallel-universe fantasy romance ‘The King: Eternal Monarch,’ one more time for their toil.”

Hwa & Dam Pictures went on, “The drama’s unpredictable and endlessly eventful story will continue to unfold in the remaining four episodes. Please stay tuned until the very end.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” first began filming in North Chungcheong Province in October 2019, and after eight long months, the drama wrapped up its final shoot with Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun on May 28.

SBS also announced that the series finale of “The King: Eternal Monarch” will air on June 12. (As previously reported, the drama will not air in its usual time slot on Friday, May 29, meaning that the next episode will air on Saturday, May 30 instead. The following two episodes will air on June 5 and June 6 as usual.)

Are you looking forward to the finale of “The King: Eternal Monarch”—or dreading saying goodbye? Share your thoughts with us below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403305wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-wraps-filming-after-8-months-confirms-finale-date

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

OH MY GOD!!!

I love this OOTD article!! Just looking at all these pictures together makes my heart beat. :bawling::heart:

My favorite drama fashion of LMH is from The King and city Hunter. :wub:

My favorite drama fashion LBS (HJJ-even the itchy lime green sweater!) and the King.

Sigh, looking at the cast photos makes me sad, although at least it won't be another 2+ years until we see LMH in another project.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, scrawford said:

scrawford it's about LMH's looks & get-ups in all of his dramas from The King down to Gangnam.....It says that he melts everybody's heart with his gorgeous looks and what he wears. They described his who has sharped & tilted nose and broad shoulders. It says that Lee Min-ho received attention as the no. 1 who has good visual amongst actors since his debut in 'Boys over Flowers. It mentions about his preppy look, being a stylish urban man look, hunter look, etc. It says that he sets a trend in every work he's in, always with pictorial outfits. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1