Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun’s Upcoming Drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” Shares Character Relationship Chart

58f21472afba4846ae96fd72a9723df8.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has unveiled a chart explaining the relationships between its cast of characters.

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, and Kim Go Eun stars as Detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul are at the center of the relationship chart, which is divided in two circles to represent the two parallel universes. The blue circle represents people in Lee Gon’s world, and the orange circle represents people in Jung Tae Eul’s world. A double-sided yellow arrow means that the actor is playing two different characters in each parallel universe.

For example, Kim Go Eun plays the detective Jung Tae Eul in one world, but the criminal Luna in the other. Woo Do Hwan plays Jo Young, the chief imperial bodyguard, in Lee Gon’s world, but Jo Eun Seob, a public service worker, in Jung Tae Eul’s world. Kim Yong Ji plays Myung Seung Ah, an employee of the imperial family’s press office, in Lee Gon’s world, but Myung Na Ri, the owner of the building Jung Tae Eul’s father uses to teach taekwondo, in Jung Tae Eul’s world.

Other people surrounding Lee Gon include Noh Ok Nam (Kim Young Ok), a court lady who raised Lee Gon after he was orphaned; Lee Jong In, a relative of the imperial family; Lee Rim (Lee Jung Jin), Lee Gon’s uncle; and Goo Seo Ryung (Jung Eun Chae), the prime minister. Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul have a reciprocal romantic relationship, indicated by the double-sided pink arrow, but Goo Seo Ryung has a one-sided love for Lee Gon.

In Jung Tae Eul’s world, Detective Kang Shin Jae (Kim Kyung Nam), also has a one-sided love for Jung Tae Eul. Other members of her police investigation team include leader Park Moon Shik (Park Won Sang) and youngest member Michael Jang. Jung Tae Eul also has her father, Jung Do In (Jeon Bae Soo), and the mysterious Song Jung Hye (Seo Jeong Yeon).

Which relationship are you most looking forward to seeing?

the-king-eternal-monarch.jpeg

“The King: Eternal Monarch” premieres in April.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388006wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-euns-upcoming-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch-shares-character-relationship-chart

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

They can have press conf with journalists being online.

That's true!  I'm looking forward to seeing him (hopefully!) at the press con.  i remember how handsome he looked at the LBS press con.

• Like 6

myment_official Twitter Update 

2020. 03. 14

Happy PROMIZ day

Congratulations on the 6th Anniversary of PROMIZ!

ETC4gLWUMAAxjuv?format=jpg&name=360x360

IF Design Awards  - 2019 IF Design Awards Social Campaign Award

31 donor organizations  - NGOs that have worked on projects together and donated proceeds

29 countries/161,968 people - PMZer worldwide

ETC4gVmUYAAwqnB?format=jpg&name=360x360

3 years - Grand National Party Brand Award for Best Donation Platform Category for 3 years in a row

136 Partners

155 Product Types

38,450 Cumulative Sales

658,510,467 Won - Production Part Energy Fund

ETC4gr9U4AAsWgS?format=jpg&name=360x360

Spoiler

ETC4hCJVAAAxs2C?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello minoz, I am also a minoz from Ghana. i have being following this thread since 2014. can't wait to watch the king with you guys. thanks for those who have being posting news in this thread, i like reading this thread and feel happy to see new post everyday. Thanks once again

• Like 9

3 hours ago, zaingh said:

Hello minoz, I am also a minoz from Ghana. i have being following this thread since 2014. can't wait to watch the king with you guys. thanks for those who have being posting news in this thread, i like reading this thread and feel happy to see new post everyday. Thanks once again

Hello @zaingh, welcome to the thread! It'll only be a few weeks 'til we see our LMH on a drama again! Also visit The King thread for more posts! 

Lee Min Ho Will Be Reuniting With His 'Boys Over Flowers' Halmoni For 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

We can't wait to see everyone's favorite grandma again!

lee-min-ho-kim-young-ok-the-king-eternal

Remember Gu Jun-pyo's (Lee Min Ho) beloved halmoni from the 2009 series Boys Over Flowers? The head housekeeper who trained Geum Jan-di (Ku Hye Sun) to become the young master's ~personal~ maid? The role was played by veteran actress Kim Young Ok

Here's a clip of their ~banter~ in the show (OMG he even says, "You're still alive?"): 

We'll get to see them again in the upcoming drama The King: Eternal Monarch! According to Soompi, Kim Young Ok will be playing the role of Noh Ok Nam, the palace lady who raised Lee Min Ho's character, Emperor Lee Gon, after he lost his parents at the age of eight. We can't wait for this reunion!

Kim Young Ok, who is often dubbed as South Korea's "National Grandma," is currently 82 years old. In 2019, she appeared in the dramas Love Alarm and Her Private Life. Guess what? She even tried rapping and DJing with Jooheon from MONSTA X in 2016! 

The King: Eternal Monarch tells the story of Emperor Lee Gon and Detective Jung Tae El (Kim Go Eun), two people from parallel universes who somehow cross paths. It is set to premiere this April on South Korean channel SBS. 

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/lee-min-ho-kim-young-ok-the-king-eternal-monarch-boys-over-flowers-a2520-20200312

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello!  Other than standing in long lines at the market, I find that I have time now that the events I planned to attend have been canceled :(

Welcome @zaingh:)  I recognize your name from seeing in the "likes".  I hope that you and everyone else will join us at the end of The King to list your favorites.  I dearly hope that we'll be able to list The King at the top of our favorite LMH dramas.  

@syntyche:  I loved watching or rather, rewatching, the clip from BOF.  

• Like 5

20 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hello!  Other than standing in long lines at the market, I find that I have time now that the events I planned to attend have been canceled :(

Welcome @zaingh:)  I recognize your name from seeing in the "likes".  I hope that you and everyone else will join us at the end of The King to list your favorites.  I dearly hope that we'll be able to list The King at the top of our favorite LMH dramas.  

@syntyche:  I loved watching or rather, rewatching, the clip from BOF.  

Thanks for the welcome, I will mostly be joining you guys at end of the king for the favorites.

• Like 5

Close-up of Lee Min Ho's excellent image in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

After 2 teasers of "The King: Eternal Monarch" were revealed, Lee Min Ho continues to attract attention with his handsome image and the "heart-stopping" fans.

Lee_Min_Ho_IOBX.jpg

The first scenes of the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" starring Lee Min Ho, Woo Do Hwan and Kim Go Eun were officially released in the anticipation and excitement of the audience.

The teaser not only introduces the background and the story between the characters in the drama, but also evokes the formation of the two main characters.

In the role of Emperor Lee Gon, a young and mysterious king, Lee Min Ho "hearts" fans with a handsome statue-like appearance.

Actor "Legend of the Blue Sea" possesses a high nose and deep eyes.

Lee Min Ho's charisma in the drama also received much praise from the audience.

https://vov.vn/van-hoa/nghe-si/can-canh-tao-hinh-xuat-sac-lee-min-ho-trong-quan-vuong-bat-diet-1017036.vov

Top 10 K-dramas for guys

There is an assumption that K-dramas are for female viewers only, that it’s all rom-coms and family dramas, but there is a subsection of the form that has been tailored specifically to draw in a male viewership as well. There have also been popular crossover properties, of course, but you can usually tell when the producers are going after guy viewers and sometimes the gamble pays off handsomely.

So here are 10 K-dramas guys can binge. Of course, it’s heavy on action, but it’s also about soldiers, spies, criminals, tycoons, kings and mythological beings. There really is something for everyone in K-drama and it’s the perfect time to binge. Here are our top recommendations, arranged alphabetically by title:

Super29875.jpg

1) “City Hunter” (2011)

This is the big daddy of them all, the K-drama that established what an action K-drama should be as so many K-dramas on this list carries some of this one’s DNA. Not only did “City Hunter” establish Lee Min-ho’s K-drama bonafides, it established Park Min-young’s as well. Very complicated back stories, covert operations gone awry, father figures, secret identities and a very real assassination plot turn “City Hunter” into an adrenaline-

fueled, intrigue-filled, even politically charged show. Min-ho is a mysterious but well-trained agent with revenge in his heart and the skills to do it; Min-young’s the National Intelligence Service agent who’s convinced to join him. This show’s ending remains among the best in all K-dramas.

https://lifestyle.inquirer.net/359160/top-10-k-dramas-for-guys/

• Like 4

MYM Ent IG Update

ETMMNWRUMAABSYq?format=jpg&name=small

ETMMNl3UUAEZbbX?format=jpg&name=360x360

"Lee Min-ho will become a life character who opens Act 2 of his acting career."

'The King-Eternal King' Lee Min-ho has unveiled his first force to transform into a dignified 'King of the Korean Empire'.

The new SBS drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/Director Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun) is a fantasy romance that depicts Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, who is trying to close the gate of the dimension, and Jeong Tae-eun, a Korean detective who is trying to protect someone's life, people, and love, through collaboration across the two worlds.  The best screepwriter in Korea, writer Kim Eun-sook, director Baek Sang-hoon who has been recognized for his delicate directing skills in 'Hua Yu-School 2015' and 'Descendants of the Sun' Director Jung Ji-hyun, who was considered a master of trendy production through "WWW," are in unison to create the best ambitious drama of 2020.

Most of all, Lee plays the role of the emperor of the Korean Empire, Lee Gon, in 2020 in "The King-Eternal Monarch," attempting a different acting transformation from before and exuding overwhelming charisma. In the drama, Igon is a perfect monarch who combines beautiful appearance, dignified appearance, and quietness with literary work, but he likes exact numbers more than ambiguous words because of his sensitivity and obsession. In particular, Lee has chosen "The King-Eternal Monarch" as his first comeback in three years, drawing keen attention to show an explosive synergy as he is reunited with writer Kim Eun-sook after "The Heirs."

In a related development, Lee Min-ho has been spotted making his first transformation into the "King Lee Gon of the Korean Empire." Lee showed off his dignified appearance as an emperor with his tall height, solid shoulders and "unparalleled" visuals. In the imperial court, which has a mysterious feeling in the dim lighting, he showed off his charisma with his deep eyes and dignified expression while wearing an emperor's uniform. Lee Min-ho's unique aura, which Orod described as "Lee Gon," the emperor of the Korean Empire, who crosses gentleness and sensitivity with a deadly atmosphere, is already raising expectations.

"After a long hiatus, I'm visiting you as 'The King-Eternal Monarch.' As long as you've waited, I'll come to you soon with a good look," he said, offering his excitement about returning to "The King-Eternal Monarch." He added, "I will work harder to become a better work since it's my second work and it's more meaningful to be able to work with the writer once again in a mature manner. Please look forward to our drama's different love story."

"Lee Min-ho breathes his life into an imaginary Lee Gon by writer Kim Eun-sook," said producer Hwa & Dam Pictures. I think it's the best casting," he said, adding, "I don't doubt that he will be a life character that opens the second act of Lee's acting career. I ask for your great attention to the King-Eternal Monarch, whose performance will be brilliantly illuminated by the Emperor Lee Gon." 

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200316084119737?f=m

• Like 5

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388464wpp/lee-min-ho-exudes-an-aura-of-royalty-as-emperor-in-upcoming-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch

9cbee7f7697744a7ae328ee9827e004b.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho Exudes An Aura Of Royalty As Emperor In Upcoming Drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” By Kim Eun Sook

Lee Min Ho is returning with SBS’s upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch”!

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, and Kim Go Eun stars as Detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

Lee Min Ho’s role as Lee Gon, the third generation emperor of Korea, will be an opportunity for the actor to show his charismatic side. The citizens see him as a man of sophistication, having good looks and a calm demeanor, and a perfect ruler. However, Lee Gon is sensitive and compulsive, and he is a man who likes exact numbers, rather than vague words. “The King: Eternal Monarch” is Lee Min Ho’s first drama in three years, and it is his second drama by screenwriter Kim Eun Sook after “Heirs.”

On March 16, the drama revealed new images of Lee Min Ho as Emperor Lee Gon. Lee Min Ho looks sophisticated and charismatic in his uniform as the lights shine on him and create a mysterious atmosphere.

lee-min-ho-2.jpg

lee-min-ho1.jpg

Lee Min Ho revealed his feelings about returning to acting, saying, “After a long break, I am returning with ‘The King: Eternal Monarch.’ You have waited a long time, so I will come to you soon and make a good impression. It’s even more meaningful to be able to work with [Kim Eun Sook] again as a more mature [actor], and I will work hard to make this a good project, especially since it’s our second one [together]. Please look forward to the exceptional love story drawn by our drama.”

Production company Hwa&Dam Pictures shared, “Lee Min Ho is bringing to life the imaginary character Lee Gon created by screenwriter Kim Eun Sook. We believe it was the perfect casting. There is no doubt that this will be the character that opens up the second era of Lee Min Ho’s acting career. We ask for your interest in ‘The King: Eternal Monarch,’ where Emperor Lee Gon will shine brightly.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is slated to air in April as the follow-up drama to “Hyena.”

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho exudes a regal mood and aura in The King: Eternal Monarch

leeminho2_20200316133442.jpg

On March 16, the film revealed new images of Lee Min Ho as Emperor Lee Gon. Lee Min Ho exudes a regal and charismatic atmosphere in an authority outfit. When the light shines on the actor, he shines the glory of a king and creates a mysterious atmosphere.

https://voh.com.vn/giai-tri/lee-min-ho-toat-len-khi-chat-vuong-gia-va-toa-hao-quang-trong-the-king-eternal-monarch-357429.html

Lee Min-ho is returning to the small screen after three years

132040_120902_4652.jpg

Lee has chosen SBS' new Friday-to-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" as his return to the small screen for the first time in a long time.

In the upcoming drama, Lee will play the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire in 2020, and will try a different acting transformation than ever before. He will be transformed into a charismatic monarch with both literary and sensitive features and a graceful figure as the third emperor of the Korean Empire, showing more mature acting skills. Attention is focusing on whether Lee Min-ho, who has a strong image as a third-generation chaebol, will succeed in changing his image.

After SBS' "The Heirs," Lee Min-ho and Kim Eun-sook met again. The question is being asked what synergy the two will draw in their first reunion in seven years. On top of that, "Hwa&Dam Pictures," a recent production company of "The King-Eternal King," said Lee Min-ho breathes into an imaginary Lee Gon by writer Kim Eun-sook. I think it's the best casting," he said, adding to the expectations of prospective viewers.

"After a long hiatus, I'm visiting you as 'The King-Eternal King.' We will come to you soon with a good image as you have waited for us for a long time," said Lee Min-ho. His return to Korea after three years as a hallyu star and the reunion of writer Kim Eun-sook. Viewers are paying keen attention to Lee Min-ho, who will be performing in his first comeback.

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/curationView.html?idxno=132040

• Like 5

https://www.hancinema.net/the-king-eternal-monarch-lee-min-ho-s-perfect-emperor-visuals-139634.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"The King: Eternal Monarch" Lee Min-ho's Perfect Emperor Visuals

photo1164250.jpg

The new SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" released pictures of Lee Min-ho as Lee Gon, the emperor of the Republic of Korea.

Starting in April, "The King: Eternal Monarch" is a fantasy romance drama in which a deity has unleashed a demon unto the world of humans, and that demon has opened the door to a parallel world. Lee Gon and a detective named Jeong Tae-eul join hands to close the doors and to protect the lives of the people and the ones they love. It is written by Kim Eun-sook, a legendary writer known for her talent in rom-coms, and directed by Baek Sang-hoon and Jung Ji-hyun.

photo1164249.jpg

Lee Min-ho undergoes a transformation for the role of Lee Gon the emperor, which is something he's never done before. In the drama, Lee Gon is the perfect monarch with a beautiful appearance, dignified presence, quietness and someone who is good at literary and martial arts, but likes exact numbers more than ambiguous words because of his sensitivity and obsession. When Lee Min-ho chose to be in "The King: Eternal Monarch" 3 years ago, his synergy with writer Kim Eun-sook, with whom he's worked in "The Heirs", was expected to be tremendous.

Lee Min-ho's first appearance as Lee Gon was spotted. He looks unrivaled as an emperor, as his great height and broad shoulders give him the posture that he needs. The dim lights make him look mysterious wearing the royal emperor suit. Lee Min-ho's exclusive aura depicts the gentle and sensitive emperor Lee Gon.

photo1164248.jpg

Lee Min-ho is excited to be back with "The King: Eternal Monarch" after a long time. "I am so happy to work with Kim Eun-sook once again and it's very meaningful, since it's my second job with her. I hope everyone looks forward to the multi-dimensional story we have in our drama", the actor said.

Hwa and Dam Pictures, the production company, said, "Lee Min-ho is bringing life to the character of Lee Gon, which is pictured by Kim Eun-sook in her head. We think the casting couldn't get any better. We believe this character will become the second chapter of Lee Min-ho's life".

"The King: Eternal Monarch" will be broadcast every Friday and Saturday at 10PM.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" is directed by Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun, written by Kim Eun-sook, and features Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam-II, Jung Eun-chae, Lee Jung-jin. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2020/04~Upcoming, Fri, Sat 22:00 on SBS.

• Like 7

3 reasons "The King: Eternal Monarch" is the most anticipated drama in Korea in 2020

With the come back with "The King: The Eternal Monarch", it is hard for anyone to stand in the way of Lee Min Ho and the SBS blockbuster in terms of popularity, viewership ratings and reputation rankings of the cast throughout aired in April in 2020 

1. Lee Min Ho is the guarantee of the ratings

Since Boys Over Flowers, Lee Min Ho has maintained a good popularity with most of the projects featured,

Despite receiving The Heirs' excessive disparity, the Kim Tan effect spreads throughout Asia as powerful as the legendary Goo Jun Pyo just a few years ago. Even for Legend of the Blue Sea, which is considered a bomb even with the participation of Jeon Ji Hyun, the film still received a rating of over 20% in the mid-week frame of SBS.

2. The King: Eternal Monarch has all the conditions to prevail

In addition to having Lee Min Ho made The King: Eternal Monarch named the "super blockbuster", SBS blockbuster almost has all the elements to win on Korean TV, one of which is the patchwork. written by writers of Korean TV blockbusters such as Mr. Sunshine, Descendants of the Sun, Goblin - writer Kim Eun Sook.

In addition, The King: Eternal Monarch also has Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan. Airing on SBS's blockbuster weekend, preceded by Vagabond, Doctor John to Hyena, The King: Eternal Monarch is expected to set SBS's rating record.

photo-1-1584178552179611171878.jpeg

3. No strong competitors debuted at the same time

Weekend films of any main channel or cable channel are in the big queue, especially with tvN in the weekend ratings battle with Crash Landing on You or Hotel Del Luna before. Out of Korea's 3 major main channels, SBS is the strongest candidate with all-week blockbusters, regardless of Monday night or midweek. Expected to air in April 2020, this film will be unrivaled. One of them is that jTBC will broadcast The World of the Married after Itaewon Class is finished - the only film that will have the same time with The King: Eternal Monarch and When My Love Blooms will on air in April

https://www.dramacool.info/3-reasons-the-king-eternal-monarch-is-the-most-anticipated-drama-in-korea-in-2020.html

• Like 5

Legend of the blue sea was never a bomb. It average 17.6% and reached 21 % at peak and was one of top 5 rated shows. It was on par with love in moonlight ratings wise. Just because it didn't become phenomenon like dots that year. Not every project of his is going to be massive like boys over flowers or heirs. And hallyu ban was there when it aired. That is too much expectation.  You just can't  keep peaking with every project . 

• Like 7

Lee Min-ho Promises to Perform Best in The King: Eternal Monarch

4fdf4c9e-3bbc-4499-a96e-4fedcd36ba01_169

Lee Min-ho  promises to look his best and again displays his charming charisma through the character Lee Gon in the latest drama The King: Eternal Monarch.

This was admitted by the production house Hwa & Dam Pictures after seeing Lee Min-ho's ability to revive the character created by writer Kim Eun-sook.

"Lee Min-ho brought to life the fictional character Lee Gon. We believe this is the perfect selection. It must be a character that opens a new era in Lee Min-ho's acting career," the production house representative said.

On different occasions, Lee Min-ho expressed his feelings could return to star in the drama. The King: Eternal Monarch is a drama starring Lee Min-ho after a four-year hiatus.

He last played in the drama The Legend of the Blue Sea with Jun Ji-hyun in 2016.

Lee Min-ho is grateful to fans who have faithfully waited a long time for his return to the screen. According to him, the wait will pay off in his role in The King: Eternal Monarch.

"I'll be right back and show my best," Lee Min-ho said as reported by SBS via Naver .

The actor who was born on June 22, 1987 stated that he was very excited to be able to re-star in a drama written by Kim Eun-sook.

Both have worked together in the drama The Heirs in 2013. He hopes fans can continue to support him through the latest drama.

In The King: Eternal Monarch, Lee Min-ho plays the role of Emperor Lee Gon who seeks to close the doors of the parallel world, Monarchy and Democracy. In this drama, he will compete acting with Kim Go-eun who plays Jung Tae-eul, a detective who wants to save many people.

Lee Gon is the third generation emperor of Korea. Residents see him as a very calm, handsome, smart, like a perfect ruler. However, Lee Gon is actually sensitive, compulsive, and prefers numbers rather than unclear talk.

The King: Eternal Monarch will air April 2020 after the drama Hyena ends. 

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/hiburan/20200316153651-220-483893/lee-min-ho-janji-tampil-terbaik-di-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1