Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

#LeeMinHo #ЛиМинХо #leeminhosha
Ли Мин Хо
"Если ты ищешь любовь другого типа, я надену для тебя маску,
Если тебе нужен партнер, возьми мою руку
Или, если хочешь, ударь меня в гневе, вот он я -
Твой мужчина". (с) 

коуб от Наиры Нары, наслаждаемся...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 8:39 AM, syntyche said:

Actor Jung Il Woo says he was more popular than Lee Min Ho in their younger years

Actor Jung Il Woo revealed he was more popular than Lee Min Ho in their younger years.

On the January 17th episode of 'Fun_stauraunt', Jung Il Woo visited a soondae restaurant from his past and reminisced, saying, "It's the same taste from long ago. It makes me think of the past. I used to go on dates with my girlfriend here. There were two famous people in the neighborhood when I was in high school. Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo."

When asked who was more popular with girls, Jung Il Woo responded, "When we were younger, I think I was a bit more popular."

Did you know Jung Il Woo and Lee Min Ho were high school friends?

Reveal hidden contents

1579268502-20200117-leeminho.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/01/actor-jung-il-woo-says-he-was-more-popular-than-lee-min-ho-in-their-younger-years

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. The two are not often mentioned together but they actually were very good friends since their high school days. I also read one article that JIW's first response upon meeting LMH was to wonder who that good-looking guy.  He said that LMH had always looked as handsome as he does today even in his younger years. The two of them became friends as they dreamed together about becoming actors. I really admired their kind of friendship that up to this day they maintain social contact, though they have never collaborated on the same project. We always see that they frequently send each other coffee trucks while filming each other's dramas in the past. :lol:

• Like 4

Korean Drama Lovers In The U.S. Are Very Fond Of Romantic Comedies

What’s love got to do with it? As the approach of Valentine’s Day inspires thoughts of romantic love, a new survey points out that love has a lot to do with Korean drama preferences. In the recently released Consumer Research Report on Korean Contents in the U.S. Market by the Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), 59% of the surveyed Korean drama viewers in the U.S. said that romantic comedies were their favorite genre.

KOCCA, a governmental agency that researches the Korean contents business, found that in the U.S. there has been a gradual increase in k-drama viewers and the number of viewers who have watched k-dramas for more than three years has also increased.

Among the top 10 k-dramas chosen by viewers in the U.S., seven were produced by Studio Dragon. Given the popularity of romantic comedies, Studio Dragon plans more romance for 2020, including The King, starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/01/23/korean-drama-lovers-in-the-us-are-very-fond-of-romantic-comedies/#1fc4518ef893

(skipped unrelated)

"New Year comes Spring," Lee Min Ho entertained fans with a new series of photos that couldn't be more glamorous

Indeed, with the handsome appearance hard to resist, the beautiful male born in 1987 has never made the audience "disappointed" every time.

The social network Weibo is "crazy" in front of the latest series of photos of  Lee Min Ho . In the picture the actor "Heirs" appears in colorful costumes.

Not only does he have lovely expressions in front of the camera, Lee Min Ho also shows a bright smile like the sunshine in the West. It must be said that at the age of 32, Min Ho is more and more masculine and attractive. That's why after he was discharged from the army, Lee Min Ho's reputation did not diminish, even hotter than before. Indeed, with the handsome appearance hard to resist, the beautiful male born in 1987 has never made the audience "disappointed" every time. So far, it seems difficult to find a worthy opponent in Kbiz for the title of "The Prince of Dream" for Lee Min Ho.

tet6-ngoisaovn-w650-h960-157984672839518

tet5-ngoisaovn-w959-h640-157984675265713

tet8-ngoisaovn-w960-h650-157984675265915

https://afamily.vn/tet-den-xuan-ve-my-nam-lee-min-ho-chieu-dai-nguoi-ham-mo-bang-loat-anh-moi-khong-the-quyen-ru-hon-20200124132309726.chn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

I like this episode. He is funny here and can make really funny faces. He also smiles a lot and acts very goofy when he broke the the bust,  when he was in the choir at the end trying to follow but doing the opposite movements, so endearing.

Someone asked why he is in this privileged school, I think it was because of his football abilities, like jocks here getting a college scholarship in a good college because of their sports abilities. The corporal punishments in the schools are bad, spanking and duck walking. Horrible. Then he is blamed for destroying the bust and poisoning the food.  I think PBY was not nice keeping quiet when he was spanked and punished because of her. The principal and teacher hating him just because he put a goal in his home team. The bias over a poor kid. Total snobbery.

I find it interesting that even though he is poor and not a good student, he still has enough confidence to chase a definitely intelligent and rich girl, that he does not feel inferior to her. Good for Chan Gong Chan

LMH is adorably cute, has comedic skills. His gawkiness and bright smiles plus some serious acting at times shows that he can go far in the drama industry.

• Like 5

cr:Faggotyliciouss

Spoiler

MACKEREL RUN EP 3

Thanks @CallieP for your comments!  Aside from the exaggerated facial expressions, I liked this episode.  I, too, thought the scene where Gong Chan broke the bust was funny.  That punishment administered by that teacher is too much.  I like Gong Chan's loyal friend.  A sweet smile from LMH when Yoon Seo spoke to him.  Interesting that it was Baek Hyun was the one who broke up with Yoon Seo.  That teacher is really a piece of shoot.    Gong Chan is fortunate that Sae Mi has a crush on him.  I can see some of the expressions that LMH still has today.  

Looking at LMH, I noticed he doesn't have that scar on the right side of his face.  i guess it was the result of the accident.  

I wonder what the PD of BOF saw in LMH to have him audition.  Did he watch Mackerel Run?  

There sure is a lot of filming in Busan for the King.  I wonder why.  Is it easier to film there because there aren't as many fans there as Seoul?  Or is the architecture?  

• Like 4

9HVzpzx.gif

Spoiler

episode 2

I still find the exaggerated expressions a bit silly, but I'm glad to see that familiar smile and those expressive eyes when he's playing other emotions other than being forcibly funny. The fight scene reminds me of City Hunter and Faith. The school head planning to have him expelled just because of one football game is too much, I think. Gong Chan's mother is right on point when she said that a school should instead provide guidance when a student makes a mistake. The plot may not be that unique but it's enough to make me look forward to the next episode. By the way, it's my first time to watch this drama, so I'm yet to see where this takes me. :P

xFvl3Zq.gif

fOgJRLF.gif

BPWzCa5.gif

kdao6Np.gif

xkCQSNk.gif

• Like 5

Hi everyone

I have just seen an article re Aston Martin’s new luxury DBX due to be launched in Korea. I think it says ( and my translator isn’t great) that one of the ways Aston Martin are marketing the car is by sponsoring The King the Eternal Monarch.

The article is

www.m-i.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=674174

Please can someone else have a look at it and see if I read it right- as it sounds a good thing for The King!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi everyone

I have just seen an article re Aston Martin’s new luxury DBX due to be launched in Korea. I think it says ( and my translator isn’t great) that one of the ways Aston Martin are marketing the car is by sponsoring The King the Eternal Monarch.

The article is

www.m-i.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=674174

Please can someone else have a look at it and see if I read it right- as it sounds a good thing for The King!

Hi @Lindyloo421. Yes, I read a similar article about it days ago.

http://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=61066

You are correct as to what it says:

Aston Martin Seoul (Kiheung International), which officially imports U.K. supercar brand Aston Martin, will unveil Aston Martin’s first sports utility vehicle called ‘DBX’ for the first time in Korea on May 5.

They are also preparing to make its debut in the small screen with the support of Kim Eun-sook’s new drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch," which is scheduled to air this year. In addition, the company is planning various ways of experiencing programs such as a showcase before delivering customers.

The concept of DBX is a luxury SUV with sports car DNA.

The hand-finished, high-end interior features the essence of a luxury SUV, and features styles and designs that match the praise of "the most beautiful SUV in the world."

http://www.m-i.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=674174

Considering the features of this car, this does sound great and fit for "The King"! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

His acting was so fantastic in Gangnam - I will never forget the end when just one tear fell from his eyes as he lay dying. Someone on twitter celebrating the anniversary posted a review from the time the film was released which said his acting was phenomenal and I think that’s the right word. I get so annoyed when people on a particular website are negative about his acting- but I guess when you are as popular as he is there are bound to be some naysayers.

I agree with CarolynH  I would love to see him in another film - and if it was in English that would be incredible! I always think he would be fab in a Cary Grant type role as he has the same sort of charisma.

I looked  up the price of the Aston Martin I mentioned previously and it costs from £158000 in the U.K. ($206,000)- that’s gonna be some car!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I looked  up the price of the Aston Martin I mentioned previously and it costs from £158000 in the U.K. ($206,000)- that’s gonna be some car!!

I’ll have to order two! :P

• LOL 1

Hi Everyone, Believe or not, i just got done reading through this thread from the 1st page :). I didn't read every post and definitely skip a lot, but it was very interesting that the first few page of this thread was before Min Ho became Goo Jun Pyo, and it was just a few people making comments that He was cute, and then the news broke that He would play Tsukasa/Jun Pyo, and then he shot to stardom, and reading when He took Personal taste after Boys over flower, and the City Hunter Era. Reading everybody's take on "Heirs" and there is definitely a lot of Pros and Cons on that topic :). And when He took on the Role of Hae Joon Jae. That's definitely my favorite character of Lee Min ho and it was the right project for him before going to MS. It's really cool to see the beginning of his career and how He got where he is now. I'm really impressed that He definitely didn't end up being a "One hit wonder' after BOF, because one wrong move, could possibly made him ended there. 

Now I.CANT. WAIT to gush over The king: The Eternal Monarch wait all of you. Can't wait for the stills, poster, and teaser and definitely the first episode :).

Also, question for you, what would you like to See him do or be in this Drama, that is different than his previous drama? 

This is really shallow, but I personally would like to see more mature kiss, heheheh.... While we know that He can kiss (Hello Personal taste, City Hunter, and LOTBS), but while the kiss is long/passionate i want to see more body movement than just standing. And no, i don't mean to be overly sexual, after all this Kdrama, but i definitely thinking more like Gong Yoo kisses in Goblin and Park seo joon Style. Where the kiss doesn't seem restricted. Although I'm not sure how that's going to be possible since this will be Air on SBS. I was hoping that TVN or JTCB would pick this drama, but hey we can hope right? And i really hope that his character would be different than he previous one as well. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

LMH in Mackerel Run episode 3:

Thanks for your comments!!

a06b4082e23f83898a638212780af101cf70f93a

10a24b47d15fa30b8d4468456df820d49646688a

03249012678fe4b4857dd69a901860eb899b5557

On 1/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, CarolynH said:

Looking at LMH, I noticed he doesn't have that scar on the right side of his face.  i guess it was the result of the accident.  

You mean the left side, right?  :lol:  It's there.  You can also see the scar in Secret Campus, which was before this.

Spoiler

Secret Campus:

tumblr_p9i6ksNIDe1w2zf0ho5_r1_400.jpg

I'm not sure if he has the scar here (in high school--his first job).  It's hard to tell.

One thing's for sure: he is ageless!  

9e3aaa0fef218c52afcba7a5766f15baf6f6a840

• Like 4

5 hours ago, scrawford said:

Believe or not, i just got done reading through this thread from the 1st page :).

Wow! Good for you! I did that with the Faith thread, so interesting to read people’s comments at the time a series is first showing. Like you, I’m looking forward to doing that with The King.

• Like 4