Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Oh this feels exciting! It looks like a block of flats or offices at the back so maybe the residents will be taking photos!

I rang Netflix today - and a nice man said to get onto:-

help.netflix.com/en/title request

and request the programme you want- with it being a .com and not a .co.uk I’m assuming you can ask from other countries as well. (Worth a try) The thought of not getting it on Netflix or Viki is too awful to contemplate.

• Like 8

Thanks for posting about requesting the series on Netflix, @Lindyloo421. I think it's important to request that episodes be available on Netflix after they're broadcast in Korea. It seems to me that Netflix usually does a week's delay on current series.

For some reason the link Lindyloo just posted didn't work for me, so if you have trouble with it, try this one:

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest?ui_action=title-suggestion-quicklinks

• Like 5

Sorry about that - thank you @Msdot.

Can I ask - how does it work between this thread and the Upcoming drama thread.

Is anything related to The King to go on the new thread and not on here as well?

And anything thing else LMH related to go on here? 

I know Soompi can be strict. 

We’ve only got 18 19 and 20 of LOBS to go- I think a while back someone mentioned looking at DMZ next??? 

I think it was 1ouise who said this was a happy place to share and I totally agree with her!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Can I ask - how does it work between this thread and the Upcoming drama thread.

Is anything related to The King to go on the new thread and not on here as well?

And anything thing else LMH related to go on here? 

Hi @Lindyloo421. Anything related to The King go on the drama's thread, including updates about other artists. Since The King is LMH's drama, anything about the drama and LMH go to this thread, except those about other artists. I think we chingus visit this thread more, so I also post updates here about the drama in general, even if not specifically on LMH.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, msdot said:

Thanks for posting about requesting the series on Netflix, @Lindyloo421. I think it's important to request that episodes be available on Netflix after they're broadcast in Korea. It seems to me that Netflix usually does a week's delay on current series.

For some reason the link Lindyloo just posted didn't work for me, so if you have trouble with it, try this one:

Thanks @Lindyloo421 @msdot, the link works for me. Just to be consistent, do we type the title "The King : The Eternal Monarch" ?   it doesn't matter if there are slight variations right lol...:lol:

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Thanks @Lindyloo421 @msdot, the link works for me. Just to be consistent, do we type the title "The King : The Eternal Monarch" ?   it doesn't matter if there are slight variations right lol...:lol:

Hi @SophieH. The official English title hasn't been released yet. But articles in English write "The King: The Eternal Monarch"

• Like 3

765fec675c857a98d59c5b4ef7ce711e87af4566

credit to owner

Yay!  Things are starting to happen.  I want March to come sooner.  Thanks for all the news!

I will be happy if it is aired on Netflix.  Lately, I have noticed that I can watch a currently-airing drama immediately after it has aired.  That means that a drama shown at 10 pm in Korea is live for me at 7 am and available on Netflix at 8:30 am.  The only problem would be when it is not licensed for your region.  

When The King starts airing, most of the discussion and activity will migrate to the other forum.  Many other fans will be there (probably some non-LMH people, too).

I'm on the fence about how much spoiling I want to see before March.  I might skip over some posts.  It will be hard!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Oh this feels exciting! It looks like a block of flats or offices at the back so maybe the residents will be taking photos!

I rang Netflix today - and a nice man said to get onto:-

help.netflix.com/en/title request

and request the programme you want- with it being a .com and not a .co.uk I’m assuming you can ask from other countries as well. (Worth a try) The thought of not getting it on Netflix or Viki is too awful to contemplate.

Hi Lindyloo, ye, you can - Netflix has this page that lets you request TV shows and movies ... Click on the “Request TV shows or movies” quick link. This will take you to a form where you can enter your requests. Netflix allows you to suggest up to three TV shows or movies at a time. Enter your suggestions into the box and click on the blue box titled “Submit Suggestion.” It's just that sometimes they just aren't able to license a particular movie or TV show. :P

• Like 3

9 hours ago, msdot said:

Hi msdot, usually, Netflix waits for a complete season to air before they acquire the rights to show them on streaming. ... New episodes/series tend to be more expensive which is why Netflix gets many series years after their air date. :P

• Like 1

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Other photos of "The King" filming site

via. lmhmino622, wetted

Hide contents

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE on this. So NICE to know that the drama began filming yesterday (October 24) in North Chungcheong Province. It looks like the setting is a two-story home with a big backyard.  I've read that's reported to be the home of Jung Tae Eul. Can't wait! :P

• Like 3

First Filming Day Commences For Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun Starrer “The King: The Eternal Monarch”

75271410_10156235806775672_8820750197526

The house features a tall ginkgo tree that stands in a corner of the large courtyard. It was said that “The House with the Ginkgo Tree” was selected by the producers themselves. In particular, the ginkgo tree will be vital to the story. Because the target broadcast date is in 2020, it is expected that filming should be completed by the first half of next year.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/first-filming-day-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-the-king-the-eternal-monarch/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun’s Upcoming Fantasy Drama Begins Filming

Oct 24, 2019
by D. Kim

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun’s new drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal title) has started filming!

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: The Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

Sports Kyunghyang reported that the upcoming SBS drama began filming on October 24 in North Chungcheong Province at one of the main sets for the drama.

The set is a two-story house with a spacious backyard that has a large gingko tree and a sign that says, “Heroes Taekwondo Studio.” This setting is said to be the home of Kim Go Eun’s character.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” is scheduled to conclude filming in early 2020 and premiere within the first half of the year via SBS.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361146wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-euns-upcoming-fantasy-drama-begins-filming

syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE on this. The story centers around his dual roles here as Korean emperor & being in the parallel world. :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi msdot, usually, Netflix waits for a complete season to air before they acquire the rights to show them on streaming. ... New episodes/series tend to be more expensive which is why Netflix gets many series years after their air date.

I guess I was judging based on the recent showing of Arthdal Chronicles, which I thought aired 1 week after it showed in Korea. I hope we don't have to wait for the entire season to air before seeing "The King!" I wonder if Viki will have it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, msdot said:

I guess I was judging based on the recent showing of Arthdal Chronicles, which I thought aired 1 week after it showed in Korea. I hope we don't have to wait for the entire season to air before seeing "The King!" I wonder if Viki will have it. 

Netflix publishes right after the airing in Korea. Perhaps an hour later? I’m not entirely sure because by the time I wake up, usually 8:00 pst, the drama is already out on Netflix. Of course that’s only if they buy the rights to air it while the show is still going on. I’m really hoping for them to pick it up because I just love how it’s completely subbed and ready to be watched the moment it’s released.

My guess is they’re still negotiating contracts and that’s why we haven’t heard any news. I don’t follow too many dramas from start to end so I don’t know when they usually announce who picked it up. But rest assured, one or the other will guaranteed be picking it up. If Netflix isn’t already interested, Viki is for certain. Who can deny the power of Writer Kim and LMH? Writer Kim’s dramas are usually the hottest dramas of the year. Whether we agree her dramas live up to the hype is another story but time and time again, she has made hits. LMH on the other hand, I’m not just boasting as a fan but it is simply the truth that his name is no joke. They’re a pairing that has so much potential. Also true that they’re a pairing people love to hate but hey, at the end of the day, the hype is still there. Anyone who has been in the kdramaland long enough knows who writes the biggest hits and the names that can potentially carry it to become hit. Netflix may or may not know but Viki knows for sure. And that’s not even including KGE, who has quite an impressive portfolio herself. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello chingus!

Yay!  Finally filming has begun for The King!  Minoz have some pretty sharp eyes.  @Lindyloo421@sophieH @msdot(?)  and anyone else who has not experienced watching the drama while it airs, you will have a great time.  LBS was my first and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Hopefully, the people on the thread will be as civil and supportive of the actors as we were on the LBS thread.  

I requested The King for Netflix.  I think I may have already sent a request to Viki.  All bases covered.  I wonder how far in advance we will know who has the license.  I want to subscribe a month or two before  the drama begins to make sure everything works. 

Don't forget LBS episode 18.  I'm going to start watching right after I post.  @Lindyloo421 yes, it seemed that everyone wanted to watch the DMZ after the end of LBS.  After that--Mackerel Run?  I still want to play the "favorites" game before the start of The King.  

Does anyone remember LMH saying that he would do a talk concert or something before The King?  Or am I making things up?:unsure::wacko:

• Like 6

cr:  as tagged

One of my favorite scenes

Spoiler

LBS EPISODE 18

I love love love that Det Mimi was there to support HJJ. I hope to see some bromance in The King.  

So sad when the very wise SC comforts HJJ at the morgue.  The fake grieving widow is so annoying--talk about an actress!

Do y'all remember how suspicious everyone was of Nam Do?

Now why couldn't HJJ's mom been this feisty when the 2nd wife was making her moves?  

Remember how we all felt when Det Mimi popped out from behind the trash can after evil step mom confess.  Then we were happy to find out that Nam Do didn't betray HJJ?  And the two bickering about where the blood should be after Nam Do "hit" HJJ on the back of the head lol.  But then we were all shocked when CH pointed the gun at HJJ and SC ran to protect her love?  Brings back good memories when we were watching.  But I also remember dreading the last two episodes knowing it was the last time we'd see LMH, the actor, before MS.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone! :))

This is Nika! I used to have an account here and totally forgot the password and even the email’s password. It is Ok, I made another account. :) By the way, I will graduate in Spring 2020 from a school in CA. Yay! :))

I’m so excited for Lee Minho’s comeback drama. I’m so happpyyyyy!! It feels like it has been yeaaaaarssssss, it always feels like Lee Min ho oppa comes back to dramaland so late, but I’m super excited as he will star in a drama written by the Best writer in Korea. :)) 

By the way, I have a question. Is LMH going to play dual role? I’m a bit confused, because I read in an article that he will play dual role, but in AsianWiki, only the lead actress has two names for her characters, which are detective and other  one is called Luna. I hope LMH also plays dual role, because I really wanna see him in Modern clothes too. :love:

Thank you for reading my post and I missed you all. :))

Edited by Valentino
  • Like 9