Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

LOTBS, Ep 17

Good acting by all in this episode. Tore me up when HJJ cried when his father died, the sobs came from so deep down. My favorite scene, though, was when he went upstairs and insisted SC tell him what was wrong. Such simple, beautiful confessions of love and tenderness. 

And yes, I agree, the camera does love him and he´s stunningly gorgeous. I don´t think I´ve ever literally gasped at a man´s beauty the way I do when I see some of his pics or scenes. Tonight I was also watching another S. Korea show with JCW, who is also extraordinarily good-looking, good actor, etc. But there is something very special about LMH. In addition to his looks, there´s a certain sweetness and honesty of character that he projects, combined with masculinity. It just sends me.

• Like 7

i9iPCVu.gif

Spoiler

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Poor Jeon Jae when he explained to Det Mimi and friends that his father wouldn't believe him since he's a conman. But it's interesting that Det Mimi is supporting Jeon Jae and even assuring him that he'll get a warrant using all the evidence taken by him - even if he should be aware, as his boss points out, that evidence taken illegally can't be accepted in court. I also laughed at his excuse that Joon Jae likes wearing exterminator's clothing.  :lol:

wHxeMBU.gif

zqfQQJt.gif

Looks like he was taken aback by Sim Cheong pushing him away for some space to think about things privately. I love that he grants her wish, even if reluctantly, and sleeps on the sofa instead.

c0eNju4.gif

iXoz6qZ.gif

I even love that he cooks her breakfast and puts on Tae Oh's headphones with blaring music just to reassure her that he can't hear her!

BFpC1Ni.gif

Good thing that Joon Jae's words triggered suspicions that Dad started throwing away the meds given by stepmom. Too bad stepmom is too cunning, and creepy, she sees Dad throwing away the meds. 

Nam Doo sneaking into Sim Cheong's room and even doing some research on the selling value of mermaids just give the creeps. Add to that his Joseon counterpart encountering Ajhussi. Talk about building up intrigue in this show.

I can't help but hold my breath when Shi Ah was confessing to Joon Jae. It must be terrifying to do that, and even more heartbreaking to be rejected. But hey, at least Joon Jae was direct to the point and apologized for not saying it sooner.

qK851rS.gif

I agree, LMH's eyes could get its own acting award! Chi Hyun's face got a good beating with Joon Jae's fist, but Joon Jae's piercing eyes might have done a similar damage.

BsNK8tU.gif

I like the scene with the serious talk in Sim Cheong's room, too! I admire Joon Jae for giving her time and space, and then later asks her what really is bothering her. Yes, it sucks that he could hear all of her thoughts, but it's not like he asked for it. At least he is aware that communication should be two-way, and so he approached her and had that heartfelt conversation with her. 

gjJV0kB.gif

This is too heartbreaking...Dad got Joon Jae's number on speed dial #1. Unfortunately, Joon Jae's phone is not with him when dad makes that "matter-of-life-and-death" call. 

a7soGN4.gif

Good thing that Chi Hyun was discerning enough when his mom invites him for drinks. Too bad though, he was a little too late to save his stepdad.

Well, regret is always in the end. Hearing dad's voicemail as Joon Jae was rushing towards his dad's house was a brilliant way for the show to build up all the emotions. And so with that dreaded sight of a stretcher carrying the body of Joon Jae's dad, you can't help but feel his intense grief and heartbreak. And if I may add, the world is blessed with LMH's superb acting prowess. 

t1QK787.gif

• Like 7

10 Wealthiest and Influential Korean Actors in the World

Lee Min-Ho

Highly iconic and still one of the most popular Korean actors of them all since the Korean drama hit series Boys Over Flower was released. Lee Min-Ho is estimated to have a wealth of over $15 million and his income streams remain steady as he continues to endorse many projects. Lee Min-ho will always remain as the crowd’s Gu Jun Pyo

Lee-Min-HoOKKK.jpg

https://www.menhave.com/10-highest-paid-korean-actors/

• Like 6

Thank you Syntyche. Hopefully we will get more pictures as the filming progresses.

It feels very exciting.

I mentioned awards in a previous posting and since then I have been looking at SBS awards on YouTube  ( when they have an English sub) and I was  really surprised by his speech when he got the award for Faith. Despite cheers from lots of fans who were there he looked really embarrassed and uncomfortable as though he wanted to cry. I guess this came after the problem of the cast and crew not being paid. (But before the director committed suicide). I really admire LMH watching this- he could easily have just accepted the award and not said anything - but he is always true to himself isn’t he?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, msdot said:

LOTBS, Ep 17

Good acting by all in this episode. Tore me up when HJJ cried when his father died, the sobs came from so deep down. My favorite scene, though, was when he went upstairs and insisted SC tell him what was wrong. Such simple, beautiful confessions of love and tenderness. 

And yes, I agree, the camera does love him and he´s stunningly gorgeous. I don´t think I´ve ever literally gasped at a man´s beauty the way I do when I see some of his pics or scenes. Tonight I was also watching another S. Korea show with JCW, who is also extraordinarily good-looking, good actor, etc. But there is something very special about LMH. In addition to his looks, there´s a certain sweetness and honesty of character that he projects, combined with masculinity. It just sends me.

Yes!  There are other actors who are good looking, but they (for me) don’t have that X factor.  He’s like a magnet.  bTW, I’ll miss your posts in the Faith thread☹️

@syntycheI wonder who will reside in that house.  It doesn’t look grandiose enough for a king unless it’s a countryside home.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CarolynH2 said:

bTW, I’ll miss your posts in the Faith thread☹️

I re-read the Soompi rules and I think I was violating more than one of them by posting my adaptation on the Faith thread. I was recently warned by Soompi because I set up a second account when my first one mysteriously quit working. Evidently that's a no-no, to have two accounts at the same time.  Sooooooo, since I don't want to miss any of your posts, I'm being more careful.

Happy to send anyone more of the story by email. Just send me a PM with some way to send it to you. Thanks to to those of you who took a look or followed it!

• Like 6

LMH in LOTBS episode 17:

Thanks for all the comments!  I agree with what you all have said.

tumblr_pzhflgULid1w2zf0ho1_540.png

That is a good point.

tumblr_pzhflgULid1w2zf0ho5_540.png

That is the important point.

LMH's eyes are sooo expressive!  He conveys so much with them!  I think he is amazingly handsome and charming! 

I know everyone has different tastes, but he seems to get an unnecessary share of mean-spirited comments.

More than his looks or his acting, I am his fan because he is a warm and decent human being.

I am totally wowed by the new pictures and the interview!!  He is ever humble, diligent, and wise.

I'm glad to have a happy place to share here in this forum.  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 5

20191022 Promiz FB updated.

Sejonghakdang, a new channel to meet Lee Min Ho, Muse of PROMIZ

In July this year, Lee Min Ho was appointed as ambassador for the Sejonghakdang, which promotes Hangeul and Korean culture to the world.

PROMIZ supports Lee Min Ho and Sejonghakdang, and delivered gifts to participants in the Sejonghakdang's training program for outstanding students.

Korean language learners from more than 180 countries around the world were surprised by the wonderful gifts and had a good chance to know PROMIZ and Lee Min Ho.

For Korean being spread far and deep,
Promsie for all, PROMIZ!

72669682_3229094227164935_51964477613979

72770275_3229094397164918_25233161785756

72976744_3229094467164911_15633535873444

Spoiler

75242225_3229094233831601_31207525289505

74643658_3229094360498255_44023689232410

• Like 8

On 10/20/2019 at 6:50 PM, 1ouise said:

LMH's eyes are sooo expressive!  He conveys so much with them!  I think he is amazingly handsome and charming! 

I know everyone has different tastes, but he seems to get an unnecessary share of mean-spirited comments.

More than his looks or his acting, I am his fan because he is a warm and decent human being.

I am totally wowed by the new pictures and the interview!!  He is ever humble, diligent, and wise.

I'm glad to have a happy place to share here in this forum.  :)

People throw rocks at things that shine. It just means he shines brighter than all.

Likewise, I became a fan through his acting but remained years after because of the person he is. He’s truly an amazing man with a humble and kind heart. I wouldn’t need to elaborate here because we all know. 

• Like 7

On 10/20/2019 at 6:50 PM, 1ouise said:

You are right. He has done nothing to deserve mean-spirited comments. I think it is the jealousy that he is more popular than their favorite actor or actress.Sometimes nice people just get hated because they are nice.  I can think of another person, not an actor who wants to help every day people and has done good all his life but he is smeared because they fear him and the changes he will bring to those who already have a lot.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, CallieP said:

You are right. He has done nothing to deserve mean-spirited comments. I think it is the jealousy that he is more popular than their favorite actor or actress.Sometimes nice people just get hated because they are nice.  I can think of another person, not an actor who wants to help every day people and has done good all his life but he is smeared because they fear him and the changes he will bring to those who already have a lot.

Hi CallieP,  I couldn't agree with you more - I hate the argument that you can’t judge someone’s art if you can’t do the same thing. Like anytime you look at the comments section of a bad live performance, there are tons of people saying “Don’t judge if you can’t sing better!!!!!” We are all entitled to state our opinions on each other, we live in a free society." - People have a lot to say. ... It can be intended to hurt, and is often bitter and sarcastic. ... :o<_<

• Like 5

Thank you Syntyche. I can’t believe how quickly it hit a million views-especially as lots of other people also put it on Instagram. And he hit all the ones- 111 posts and 11.1 following. What a fabulous set of poses-especially the one near the end where he holds the flower up- swoon!

• Like 4

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's "The King" Start Shooting Today in Chungcheong

0000638551_001_20191024153905189.jpg?typ

SBS drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch," to be aired next year, made its first shoot on Thursday in a town in North Chungcheong Province, one of the main sets.

The filming site is a two-storey house with a large yard and a stand-out signboard which says, "Heroes Taekwando Studio" installed by the production team. It is known as the home of Kim Go-eun's character, a detective. The characteristic of this house is a high ginkgo tree nestling in one corner of the wide yard.

0000638551_002_20191024153905242.jpg?typ

Since it will be broadcast in 2020, filming of the drama will be completed by first half of next year. The producers reportedly set the "house with a ginkgo tree" on the condition of their choice for the drama's location casting. As such, ginkgo trees in the drama are expected to be used as important objects.

Kim Eun-sook's new work "The King: The Eternal Monarch" is a drama about a romance between Lee Gwa-hyung, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Moon Gwa-hyung, a Korean detective who tries to protect someone's life, people, and love. Lee Min-ho, the emperor of the Korean Empire, plays the role of "Lee Gon," a detective of the Republic of Korea. Other stars include Woo Do-hwan, Lee Jung-jin, Kim Kyung-nam and Jung Eun-chae.

The King: The Eternal Monarch" is scheduled to air on SBS in 2020.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/144/0000638551

• Like 7

94247ff0feaf4241beff5f619e429c41.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun’s Upcoming Fantasy Drama Begins Filming

Oct 24, 2019
by D. Kim

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun’s new drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal title) has started filming!

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: The Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

Sports Kyunghyang reported that the upcoming SBS drama began filming on October 24 in North Chungcheong Province at one of the main sets for the drama.

The set is a two-story house with a spacious backyard that has a large gingko tree and a sign that says, “Heroes Taekwondo Studio.” This setting is said to be the home of Kim Go Eun’s character.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” is scheduled to conclude filming in early 2020 and premiere within the first half of the year via SBS.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1361146wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-euns-upcoming-fantasy-drama-begins-filming

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun start filming upcoming drama 'The King: The Eternal Monarch'

1571906310-20191023-leeminhokimgoeun.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun have started filming their upcoming drama 'The King: The Eternal Monarch'.

SBS's 'The King: The Eternal Monarch' is the latest project by hit screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, and it's about two parallel universes where in South Korea is ruled by a monarchy in one and governed by a democracy in another. Lee Min Ho plays the role of Emperor Lee Gon, who wants to close the portal between the two dimensions, and Kim Go Eun plays the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who aims to protect people.

The drama began filming on October 24 in North Chungcheong Province, and the setting is a two-story home with a big backyard that's reported to be the home of Jung Tae Eul. 

'The King: The Eternal March' is expected to premiere in the first half of 2020. Does it sound like a drama you'd watch?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/10/lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-start-filming-upcoming-drama-the-king-the-eternal-monarch

• Like 4