Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

cr: Monika Setiono

It's KCON weekend in Los Angeles.  Watching this, I remember I went to KCON in 2016.  Sadly, I didn't get to see LMH:(.  So close, yet so far.  The tickets were over $100 (and probably in the nosebleed section) by the time I found out LMH would be at the venue.  It is, however, interesting people watching if anyone has a chance to attend.  

I have to admit that I'm somewhat disappointed that the King will be broadcasted by SBS.  I was really hoping it would be on cable.  @willenette:  is the writer who choses what station a drama will be broadcasted.  it sounds as though KES chose SBS.  I'd love to see the King this year, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.  

@Lindyloo421@sophieH and anyone else who is new to the thread.  I'd to read how you found LMH.  

LBS weekend episode 8.  Start watching!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 3:10 AM, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho is No. 2 on the poll, "A Clean Male Star Who Looks Better Than a Woman?" conducted from Aug 4 to 10

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=657840#_enliple

Speaking of girly boys... LMH actually looks better than a woman!

True, to me he has the sweetest smile at times, my favorite is Faith when he smiles, also LOTBS. However that does not diminish his manhood. He is man enough for me and better than the hunky Mr. Universe types which I dislike, too muscular.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I have to admit that I'm somewhat disappointed that the King will be broadcasted by SBS.  I was really hoping it would be on cable.  @willenette:  is the writer who choses what station a drama will be broadcasted.  it sounds as though KES chose SBS.  I'd love to see the King this year, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.  

I've post the reason why The King will be broadcast on SBS instead of on tvN in The King's thread.
It's determined by the production company - Studio Dragon.
I copied my post here :

According to one of media accounts on Weibo :

https://www.weibo.com/5638992606/I1QgQgbTu?type=comment#_rnd1565769866991

The new drama  The King: The Eternal Monarch is confirmed to be aired on SBS channel next year.

It is reported that the drama will be broadcasted on TV stations through SBS, and will be subsequently published on various platforms.
In this regard, Studio Dragon, one of the co-producers, said: It is different from the existing TV station in investing in part of the production fee, making TV series, and holding IP (intellectual property). Studio Dragon adopts a strategic model of planning and producing programs based on its own business capabilities and selling broadcast rights to TV stations and OTT platforms. Based on the open platform guidelines, it is not limited to internal circulation channels (tvN, OCN, etc.), and the platform suitable for each program is selected to maximize business results.

↑↑↑
[Studio Dragon is a production company owned by CJ. The previous productions were broadcast on CJ's TV stations tvN, OCN, etc. The reason for selling this to the wireless station SBS, not on the internal TV platform such as tvN, is as above]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that SBS bought the right at a very high price that Studio Dragon gave up to air on tvN.   :P

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I've post the reason why The King will be broadcast on SBS instead of on tvN in The King's thread.
I copied my post here :

The new drama  The King: The Eternal Monarch is confirmed to be aired on SBS channel next year.

It is reported that the drama will be broadcasted on TV stations through SBS, and will be subsequently published on various platforms.
In this regard, Studio Dragon, one of the co-producers, said: It is different from the existing TV station in investing in part of the production fee, making TV series, and holding IP (intellectual property). Studio Dragon adopts a strategic model of planning and producing programs based on its own business capabilities and selling broadcast rights to TV stations and OTT platforms. Based on the open platform guidelines, it is not limited to internal circulation channels (tvN, OCN, etc.), and the platform suitable for each program is selected to maximize business results.

↑↑↑
[Studio Dragon is a production company owned by CJ. The previous productions were broadcast on CJ's TV stations tvN, OCN, etc. The reason for selling this to the wireless station SBS, not on the internal TV platform such as tvN, is as above]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that SBS bought the right at a very high price that Studio Dragon gave up to air on tvN.   :P

Ah, thank you @gtLmh0622!  That makes sense to me.  I guess the soompi thread for upcoming dramas isn't updated because it still has the King without a station or airing date.  

@CallieP:  i think LMH looks totally masculine in GB.  Aside from that, I think it's some of their mannerisms; the posing for certain photos which seem girly.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Hi CarolynH,   the programs are sold/offered to different television stations to be shown OR a Producer can make an offer to a network/cable they prefer. The producer has to SELL the show to a TV network/cable.  The latter will gauge whether a series will be successful or not prior deciding to purchase the video rights. :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So we don't have any idea when this show will be shown on Viki or Netflix, etc.? The recent Arthdal Chronicles was interesting because there was only a one-week delay from broadcast in Korea to Netflix (didn't much like the show itself, however, except for the SJK eye candy). Just wondering how these things typically work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

True, to me he has the sweetest smile at times, my favorite is Faith when he smiles, also LOTBS.

Yes! It's one of the things I most like about him. There's a sweetness about him that is so attractive when combined with his masculinity. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MsDot2 said:

So we don't have any idea when this show will be shown on Viki or Netflix, etc.? The recent Arthdal Chronicles was interesting because there was only a one-week delay from broadcast in Korea to Netflix (didn't much like the show itself, however, except for the SJK eye candy). Just wondering how these things typically work.

Hi MsDot,   usually, Netflix waits for a complete season to air before they acquire the rights to show them on streaming. ... New episodes/series tend to be more expensive which is why Netflix gets many series years after their air date. :P

In South Korea, major players such as CJ&E&M and SK Telecom, which controls the current dominant streaming service, turned down partnership requests, hoping to prevent Netflix from becoming a major player by denying it access to local content that South Koreans might want to stream. Actually, a 1-week delay is quite normal. Although, there were shows which runs on Netflix an hour after it airs on JTBC, and others, which air the next day.  For most of us, any delays aren’t appreciated. China, Syria, and North Korea are the only markets not served by Netflix – Netflix owned the streaming rights to a popular K-drama, but didn’t release it. The biggest sin Netflix is committing is that they’re not announcing when they’ll release a drama. They snatch up the exclusive rights to a show, then sit on it – for months – without a peep as to whether or not anyone will ever get to see it, and if so, when. It led people to wonder if it would ever be released. I hope Netflix does things differently now or soon. My ideal would be that international audiences all get K-dramas at around the same time, as soon as possible after episodes air in Korea. For sure actual K-drama customers want this. It needs to change its approach, fast. Do I complain too much? Or are there any sources of info on Netflix’s release schedule that I’ve missed? :o

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MsDot2 said:

Talking about a delay Viki have just made The Heirs available to its UK subscribers(you have to have a Viki pass to see every episode). LOBS has been on it for ages but for Faith etc it states “this content is not available in your region”. You can email  programme suggestions to Viki and Netflix so I have emailed re The King. Everything crossed that one of them will buy it and make it available to view worldwide.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Talking about a delay Viki have just made The Heirs available to its UK subscribers(you have to have a Viki pass to see every episode). LOBS has been on it for ages but for Faith etc it states “this content is not available in your region”. You can email  programme suggestions to Viki and Netflix so I have emailed re The King. Everything crossed that one of them will buy it and make it available to view worldwide.

Hi Lindyloo,  with the abrupt termination of the DramaFever service since last year,  a service like Viki offers a range of Korean and other Asian television shows to consumers in the U.S. & also to UK.  Viki offers an array of more than 1,100 K-dramas and Korean variety shows, including also “Boys over Flowers,” & “The Legend of the Blue Sea.,”   Korean dramas are definitely the key driver in terms of Viki’s growth right now. :P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi- I wanted to ask @willenette about ratings in Korea. Is 20% still considered the figure to aim for if a drama is to considered a success in Korea.( if it is on one of the main channels) There seems so much competition there with the cable channels also showing dramas. 

Lindyloo, in Korea rating chart, 15-20% is considered 'strong" -

20% – 30% = a hit
30% – 40% = phenomenal
40% and up = national drama

• In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. :P
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20190816 K-news :
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003200922

Lee Min Ho sent coffee truck to Lee Jung Jae.

Spoiler

201908161423519998813_20190816142505_01_

And 20190816 Promiz FB updated.

JAMJAMBOX helps children with low-income families for their dream and mind.

"Thank you for being born, you're precious."

It's a message that actor Lee Min Ho and PROMIZ want to send to the children through JAMJAMBOX.

And there are wonderful mobile background images with PROMIZ muse, Lee Min Ho!

http://www.promiz2014.com/sub/sub02_05.html

69043949_3034853623255664_26520337542765

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190816 K-news :
https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003200922

Lee Min Ho sent coffee truck to Lee Jung Jae. 

Reveal hidden contents

201908161423519998813_20190816142505_01_

And 20190816 Promiz FB updated.

JAMJAMBOX helps children with low-income families for their dream and mind.

"Thank you for being born, you're precious."

It's a message that actor Lee Min Ho and PROMIZ want to send to the children through JAMJAMBOX.

And there are wonderful mobile background images with PROMIZ muse, Lee Min Ho!

http://www.promiz2014.com/sub/sub02_05.html

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. Did they work together in a drama/movie before? I can't remember at all................. :P

4 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. Did they work together in a drama/movie before? I can't remember at all................. :P

4 minutes ago, willenette said:

I saw an article that they met through the Gangnam Blue director as he is a friend of 

LJJ and then he and LMH were going to China on the same plane and later  met for a meal

• Like 5

6 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I copied my post here :

↑↑↑

I was hoping too The King would air on tvN. Not sure if it is coinciding or SBS has great interests in LMH's dramas. Including The King it will be LMH fifth consecutive dramas ( City Hunter, Faith, The Heirs, Legend of the Blue Sea, possible The King) on SBS. This is only my theory please don't take this as a fact. Especially LMH's dramas are all costly productions and for local tv to bid for the right to broadcast is high risk. Unless SBS has good faith or confident enough to involve in his dramas. Since LMH isn't new to SBS they must have had good experience with his projects.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Lindyloo, in Korea rating chart, 15-20% is considered 'strong" -

20% – 30% = a hit
30% – 40% = phenomenal
40% and up = national drama

• In cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. :P

Hi  sorry to be asking you another question but I am curious about it being on SBS.

do they  just pay for the broadcasting rights in Korea? If; for example, Japan wanted to broadcast it would they pay SBS or Studio Dragon . I’m assuming SBS will hope  to get a big advertising return due to the magic mix of Kim Eun-Sook and LMH.

I read that Studio Dragon is owned by the people (CJ) who also own tvN so that sounds like SBS must have offered a high price to screen it instead of tvN.

• Like 3