:)Surprise birthday greeting!

PROMIZ IG Update 071119

Minho liked the post :)

D_KeAAUVAAEkGS8.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho for Cheong Kwan Jang

:)Surprise birthday greeting!

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this video. LMH's special day is nearing.................... :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

cr. owner via LeeMinHo Fame

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. Lee Min Ho marks another noteworthy deed for his country for his new role to raise more interest in studying Korean language. This new role fits him to T since he has had the opportunities to visit many countries and meet overseas fans. I heard that Lee Min Ho was selected as one of the most preferred Korean actors in the Hallyu region by the Korea Culture & International Promotion Agency this year. As far as I know he has been a member of the Korea Tourism Promotion Ambassador. In this new role he adds another notable project to his name. :P

• Like 4

20190711 PMZ FB and PMZ blog updated :

The behind-the-scenes story of PROMIZ tumbler film!
What happened in Paris to Lee Min Ho, Muse of PROMIZ?!
Aren’t you curious?

It's on the PROMIZ blog

b2044af0-a2ef-11e9-9b38-505dacfba98a_06.

https://blog.naver.com/pmz2014/221582914634

This time, there are English translations on blog.  :thumbsup:

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20190711 PMZ FB and PMZ blog updated :

The behind-the-scenes story of PROMIZ tumbler film!
What happened in Paris to Lee Min Ho, Muse of PROMIZ?!
Aren’t you curious?

It's on the PROMIZ blog

https://blog.naver.com/pmz2014/221582914634

This time, there are English translation on blog.  :thumbsup:

gtLmh, thanks for sharing the link.  So NICE that there are English translations - it's fun reading or watching something where you can fully understand. He's in Champs-Elysees in Paris in the video. Most shops are closed here on Sundays due to both state regulations and cultural norms. This is one of the famous streets in Paris.  The Avenue has been beguiling visitors with its ritz and glamor for a very long time. ... and is frequently described as "the world's most beautiful avenue." :P

• Like 4

The Oppas Are Back

photo1080481.jpg

Stars in their early 30s get discharged from the military. Lee Min-ho, Im Si-wan, Kim So-hyun come back.

Stars who have been playing the main roles on the small screen for a while, and left the audience for two years after being called by the nation are getting ready to return. Lee Min-ho (32), Kim Soo-hyun (31), Im Si-wan (31), Ji Chang-wook (32), Joo Won (31) and Kang Ha-neul (30) are some of them. They were actively involved with acting until right before they left for National Service, and anticipation for them is not only heightening in the showbiz, but amongst viewers too.

The showbiz welcomes them. This is even more so because there are no major topics to talk about in the lineup of various dramas. Kang Byung-taek from the KBS drama department said, "The return of those from the military will thicken the list of names to choose from for future casting. We hope their different colors and traits bring life into the drama industry".

Lee Min-ho chose to come back with "The King: Forever Sovereign" even before he got discharged from the military on the 25th of April. He's reuniting with writer Kim Eun-sook, who also wrote the 2013 drama "The Heirs" in which Lee Min-ho played the leading role.

The showbiz welcomes them. This is even more so because there are no major topics to talk about in the lineup of various dramas. Kang Byung-taek from the KBS drama department said, "The return of those from the military will thicken the list of names to choose from for future casting. We hope their different colors and traits bring life into the drama industry".

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 5

Jam Jam Box Happy Bean Funding has achieved 643%!

We have always been able to achieve funding with the support and warmth of the people who are always with us. 
The jamjam box project for low-income children will continue in the future. 
Please join us in your interest and support!

Rx4eKMz.png

%EC%9E%BC%EC%9E%BC%EB%B0%95%EC%8A%A4_%EC

https://happybean.naver.com/crowdFunding/Intro/H000000155306

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 6

On 7/9/2019 at 8:58 PM, willenette said:

Hi MsDot,   King Sejong Institute is an international institute with branches all over the world. Here in my side, it has its branches. If you made a good performance in class, you can even have a chance to visit Korea and experience the culture for free.  My friend was a part of the scholars in the 2014 batch of Korean learners who were sent in Korea during the fall season some years ago. I knew King Sejong Institute because of her. She said that this institute really offers good Korean class. So who is King Sejong? To those of you that do not know, Korean was using Hanja (Chinese characters) before and King Sejong was the one who created Hangeul in order for everyone to be literate, not only the scholars. Aside from the normal classes, those who are in need of intense Korean classes (for spouse visa and for working visa) usually enroll here. Before I go any further, one site I relied on heavily when I started Korean was this site: https://www.rocketlanguages.com/korean/rocket-korean-premium

It’s one of the most comprehensive audio-rich tools I’ve seen anywhere for studying Korean. It focuses on teaching you very natural Korean conversation. For me, if you’re just starting out with Korean or planning to move to Korea then this will help you. You need at least 15-30 minutes a day of actual study, focusing primarily on repeating natural dialogues and the rest of your time has you speaking with native speakers as much as possible. And the best part is it’s significantly cheaper than other household-name language courses. The way people talk in the audio is extremely easy to follow and detailed, and there’s an app version on iOS and Android. :P

Thanks so much for the recommendation, @willenette!

• Like 2

Official Lee Min Ho Minoz FB Update

글로벌 미노즈 10기 모집이 진행 중입니다

인터파크에서 가입하시고
*이용자 정보 등록*도 꼭 해주는 센스:D

특별 이벤트도 진행하고 있으니
여러분들의 많은 참여 기다리고 있을게요!

바로가기
인터파크 상세페이지
KOR: http://bitly.kr/FXg0PP
ENG: http://www.globalinterpark.com/detail/edetail…

가입 특별 이벤트
KOR: http://bitly.kr/SEa5ij
ENG: http://bitly.kr/PkTi1N

#MINOZ #10thRecruitment 
#이민호 #LEEMINHO #イミンホ #李敏镐
The 10th Global Minoz is open now.

*register user information* please

Special events are ongoing as well, come and join!

64395230_2982495981791280_18363436414135

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

cr: as tagged

I hope no one posted this video since I have no idea how to delete it.  My favorite- part at the end "Can I go back to my seat?"  That is way too cute for me:heart:

@syntyche:  Thank you for helping Lindyloo421 with the Minoz membership.  Separately, I saw that you posted on the King thread, that it will be on TvN--yippee!

It's LBS ep 3 weekend.  I watched it and will post my comments tomorrow.  

• Like 8

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I hope no one posted this video since I have no idea how to delete it.  My favorite- part at the end "Can I go back to my seat?"  That is way too cute for me:heart:

@syntyche:  Thank you for helping Lindyloo421 with the Minoz membership.  Separately, I saw that you posted on the King thread, that it will be on TvN--yippee!

Hi- your post reminded me that I hadn’t thanked @syntyche for the advice on the membership so thank you to both of you! The advice really reassured me.

I agree about the “can I go back to my seat” moment - he is so adorable.

I’ve only been a fan for a few months so The King will be the first “live” LMH drama for me. Can I ask - Is it better that it will be on TvN cos I notice when reading about past dramas which are on SBS etc there seems to be the worry about viewing figures hitting 20% in Korea for the drama  to be called a hit- even if there are millions of online viewings?

I really hope it goes on Netflix or Viki.

• Like 7

Wing Joo Loong IG Update

The Wing Joo Loong brand has been a hallmark for quality traditional chinese herbs in Singapore since its inception in 1947.

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Thanks, @CarolynH for the video! His message of his willingness to help his fans learn to communicate in Korean is heartfelt. Good choice of him as PR Ambassador! 

When he asked if he can go back to his seat, cute moment indeed. Also, if you see some videos of him when he was asked to give the acceptance speech, he seemed surprised, and felt a bit shy.  He doesn't lose that kid in him. :wub:

About "The King", yes I've been seeing news that it will be shown on tvN, so I shared it on the thread. Fans are actually happy that it will be shown on cable, in this case, tvN. This is a change from his previous dramas that were shown on national television networks. 

@Lindyloo421, glad to help with your membership!

• Like 8

eLiTMsm.gif

Spoiler

Episode 3 comments 

I just love this scene with the lanterns and the mermaid seeing Dam Ryeong on a floating boat. :wub:

9pgWqQZ.gif

So he finally asks for her name, and she tells him the story of how she got that name. We connect the dots and realize that the boy who gave Se Hwa her name is Dam Ryeong himself. And that they go way back and share a very special bond. Only, she erased his memory at the night of his wedding, hence, him not recognizing her. But the connection between the two since the moment they met is undeniable.

k0ofpZs.gif

I've seen this drama a couple of times, but I am always amazed by its picturesque scenes. One of these is when Joon Jae wakes up alone on the shore wearing the mermaid's bracelet. Props to the LBS team for scouting such amazing locations. 

N3ghvUL.gif

Mermaid erasing Joon Jae's memory. There were a lot of comments about this on Dramabeans. My take is that firstly, she gave air to Joon Jae as they were deep down the water. Similarly to the Joseon era, Se Hwa gave air to Dam Ryeong who can't swim. Secondly, also as in the Joseon era, the mermaid erased his memory of her to give him a chance of living a normal life, with no memories of an extraordinary being like her. 

And Joon Jae is back to his house (his house that has become a tourist spot for Minoz and LBS fans) with his fellow con men. Watching the dynamics of the trio is amusing and interesting. But as they are con men by profession, there is that silent hope in me that they don't con each other. They are just too fun to watch.

RheBN0n.gif

Joon Jae and mermaid driving along the shoreline in Spain. This is an interesting, and rather important scene. We see here that it was Joon Jae who asked the mermaid to come to Seoul, telling her about the food and sights that she'll love. Despite seeing her home, the sea, in the background, she made the decision to come to Seoul, Joon Jae's home. So it's not that she initiated to swim across the seas to come to Seoul just to pursue Joon Jae, but she's actually fulfilling a promise that she'll see him there, who asked her to come to that place to begin with (although with his loss of memory of her, it does seem that she's the one chasing after him). See his face lit up when she finally agreed to go to Seoul.

WQrhTkg.gif

Oh I remember Joon Jae's room. And the sheets. The interior of his house is pretty awesome, actually. Is it the same house as the exterior one with the iconic tourist-spot gate? I hear the one with the tourist-spot gate is actually a gallery in real life.

F1bpRei.gif

I don't quite remember him wearing this pink/fuchsia shirt. But he looks great in it. And again his awesome house with an awesome secret closet with uniforms for his disguises. And wow to all those vehicles to match in his garage!

ovvvTpX.gif

Can I just say, the pilot is one of the hottest, if not THE hottest disguise of Joon Jae in this drama? With that matching brushed-up hair. Darn hot! :glasses: :heart: (But despite looking that hot, the little girl who bumps into him calls him ajhussi. Haha)

wXNnMbm.gif

8kMm6LM.gif

JJH is quite effective in playing the clueless mermaid wandering off the streets of Seoul. Funny scene with the little girl calling her out for bullying her for her lunch money. But if the mermaid has no money, then what is in her giant seashell for a clutch bag?

When Joon Jae visited the aquarium for his birthday, he was actually teary-eyed. Must be heartbreaking to visit the special place where he used to go with his mother every year on his birthday. 

lvRxZc0.gif

And so, Joon Jae and the mermaid finally meet again. If "The Heirs" has its "Love is the moment..." song, LBS, on the other hand, has "This is love story..." Heh.

FeZtsiM.gif

And we see the mermaid's account of what happened on the shore in Spain where Joon Jae woke up. She says she'll keep her promise of going to him, even if he doesn't remember her. And so the mermaid's quest continues.

JZDtlb9.gif

• Like 7

cr:Muvika Online

Spoiler

LBS EPISODE 3

I didn't think about it when I first watched LBS, but all the comments in Viki now have me asking the same question.  How did that boat carrying Dam Ryeong move?  I do like Viki because the comments can be pretty funny (although with respect to LMH, sometimes irritating)

@syntyche: I don't really recall seeing the closet with the clothes.  Now that I think about it, that house really didn't look big enough to have a basement and garage large enough to hold the clothes and vehicles).  I totally agree that LMH looked so hot in the pilot's uniform.  The scene where HJJ bumps into the little girl was my favorite scene in this episode.  I thought it was beyond cute.  LMH, you MUST act as a father with little kids. 

Regarding the aquarium scene, it still bugs me that his mother wouldn't think of spending her day at the aquarium on HJJ's birthday knowing how much it meant to little HJJ.  When I was watching on viki, the funniest comment was with respect to SC eating the fish in the aquarium.  Many people were wondering,on viki, how she can eat her friends, the someone said, "what do you expect her to eat-rocks?"  I was watching during my lunch hour at work and laugh out loud when I read that comment.  

@Lindyloo421:  You will have fun commenting on the drama as you watch it "live".  LBS was my first LMH drama that I watched live and had a lot of fun commenting with everyone after each episode aired.   I hoped that TvN would pick up The King for a couple of reasons.  One and most importantly, it doesn't appear cable is strictly limited to an hour.  Some scenes, as you saw in episode 1 were cut, possibly due to limiting the episode to an hour, which should not have been edited out.  Two, from what I've read, the pressure to hit certain rating numbers don't seem as vital with cable as it is with the big networks.  Yes, people will still focus on and compare the ratings for the The King with other dramas, but I think not as much as if the drama aired on SBS.  And yes, I think LMH will still stress about the ratings.  Third, there seems to be more creative freedom on cable.  

Willinette (sorry,I think I botched your name, but I'm too lazy to look for the correct spelling) do you have any insight on cable vs network?  You seems to have an insight to all things Korean, so I'm curious if you know why the Hallyu actors's dramas are now on cable rather than the big 3 networks. Coincidence or reason?  

• Like 7