Find results in...
CarolynH

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

38 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://www.promiz2014.com/shop/

The new items of PMZ :

@CallieP

Reveal hidden contents

According to galaxy0401, Minho really got lots of criticisms when he took the character of LYS in City Hunter, especially from the male K-netizens, they thought the lead of Japanese caricature City Hunter was a hero who they wanted to be and he could not be played by a 24-year-old flower boy. After City Hunter aired, Minho's action scenes surprised everybody, criticisms were replaced by admiration.
When the news of Minho decided to take the character of CY in Faith came out, she worried about that netizens would criticize Minho again. But fortunately, even male K-netizens applauded it, they said LMH was tall and sturdy, matching the image of General CY, and his action skills were great.

I'm not the fan of Minho at that time, I really don't know what happened, I just read many articles written by senior Minoz.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing these stuff of PMZ. NICE especially the last (2) pics.....:lol: And I love the color.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche oh.............really? Did he say that

Hi @willenette, I just quoted what @CallieP mentioned previously. And I think I read somewhere that he did say that. 

On 8/13/2018 at 2:25 AM, CallieP said:

Anyway he said once that Kim Hee Sun was his most compatible co-star.

Ladies, all these discussions about Faith made me even more curious and excited to watch it. :)

• Like 3

Innisfree Indonesia IG Update 081618

The following promos are available at the grand opening of the Pakuwon Mall Innisfree store tomorrow

DkuOyU_UYAE9oDM.jpg

DkuOzhZUUAEdtPs.jpg

Spoiler

DkuO0VNU8AAE5j2.jpg

DkuO1ZSUwAcXExC.jpg

https://t.co/3I62gz8ZPs

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @willenette, I just quoted what @CallieP mentioned previously. And I think I read somewhere that he did say that. 

Ladies, all these discussions about Faith made me even more curious and excited to watch it. :)

Hi syntyche, does it mean that you still haven't watched the drama? Watch it when you find time, it's good. :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

Innisfree IG Update 081618

The following promos are available at the grand opening of the Pakuwon Mall Innisfree store tomorrow

Reveal hidden contents

DkuO0VNU8AAE5j2.jpg

DkuO1ZSUwAcXExC.jpg

https://t.co/3I62gz8ZPs

*** Thanks for sharing this. Is this in Indonesia? This is the biggest mall there right, for which you cannot complete looking at in 1- day.  When I visited Indonesia some years ago, I stayed in Orchard Apartment. It has a direct access to this Mall  where it is located above this shopping mall. :lol:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Japanese caricature City Hunter was a hero who they wanted to be and he could not be played by a 24-year-old flower boy. After CH aired ....criticism replaced by admiration.

LMH may have been a flower boy in BOF since it is Boys over Flowers :D but that ended after in City Hunter, he is very much a Jason Bourne. Look at him in Gangnam Blues compared to Alain Delon (mentioned by the director) A real hunky french actor during the time of Sean Connery the original James Bond and similar to the famous American actor James Dean who is iconic for Rebel without a Cause and Giant. Turner film classics. That he can be both flower boy and a Jason Bourne is a testament to his acting ability to play any role given to him.

• Like 4

@willenette, yes, I haven't seen it yet, but I am now, with the rewatch here. I've been sharing my comments as a first time viewer. :)

Yes, the Innisfree promo is in Indonesia. Minho is in MS now, but I guess his photos are enough to make the product do well. :)

• Like 2

I think LMH has nothing more to achieve in Korea and this has been the case for a long time hence why he overlapped into China. It's more about following natural growth. I have never seen him as an Korean actor but rather as an International actor. hopefully he has stuided english in his off-time and becomes fluent as soon as possible. There are so many franchiese and movie-directors both in Hollywood and in other parts of the world who would love to get their hands on him.

His very charismatic and only works good in a very strong leading man roles and on the other hand korea don't really need a star-power hence it's a small country and the competition is slow. His more needed in a environment where it's competitive like selling big international franchiese whether it's marvel movies, DC comic movies or other sci-fi movie series. He belongs in such environment and he already has the fan-following to contribute.     

When you also look at the bright side Hollywood truly needs their strong Asian leading man for the next 2 decades since both Chow Yun-fat and Jet li are old and way past their prime and perhaps into their 60s nowadays. They need to be replaced by a strong Asian leading man and honestly there is really no one to fill that gap nor anyone charismatic enough to take the mantle nor anyone has the name recognition to fill such void. LMH naturally fits that role hence nobody has that international notority already. His arrived by using other platforms and it also means no more love-dramas or hack no more dramas in that matter just International movies and action perferably

• Like 5

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

@willenette, yes, I haven't seen it yet, but I am now, with the rewatch here. I've been sharing my comments as a first time viewer. :)

Yes, the Innisfree promo is in Indonesia. Minho is in MS now, but I guess his photos are enough to make the product do well. :)

syntyche, I believe that Innisfree is in good hands under LMH. :lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

I think LMH has nothing more to achieve in Korea and this has been the case for a long time hence why he overlapped into China. It's more about following natural growth. I have never seen him as an Korean actor but rather as an International actor. hopefully he has stuided english in his off-time and becomes fluent as soon as possible. There are so many franchiese and movie-directors both in Hollywood and in other parts of the world who would love to get their hands on him.

His very charismatic and only works good in a very strong leading man roles and on the other hand korea don't really need a star-power hence it's a small country and the competition is slow. His more needed in a environment where it's competitive like selling big international franchiese whether it's marvel movies, DC comic movies or other sci-fi movie series. He belongs in such environment and he already has the fan-following to contribute.     

When you also look at the bright side Hollywood truly needs their strong Asian leading man for the next 2 decades since both Chow Yun-fat and Jet li are old and way past their prime and perhaps into their 60s nowadays. They need to be replaced by a strong Asian leading man and honestly there is really no one to fill that gap nor anyone charismatic enough to take the mantle nor anyone has the name recognition to fill such void. LMH naturally fits that role hence nobody has that international notority already. His arrived by using other platforms and it also means no more love-dramas or hack no more dramas in that matter just International movies and action perferably

I applaud what you say and of the bunch of young Asian actors, LMH has the best chance to break into the Hollywood market but he really has to improve his English considerably. Good luck to him if it is what he wants.

• Like 3

Joonni's recap on Faith, a lot of good recapping and comments. It gets better with time so feel free to explore her episode 1 and onwards. Read the comments

https://joonni.com/2012/08/14/recap-faith-episode-2/

Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2012/08/faith-episode-2/

Spoiler

Spoiler

It is just a few minutes then CY returns in Goryeo time with Eun Soo in tow. It is funny the way she hides behind CY, her captor becomes her protector. Goryeo is a patriarchal society but God’s doctor is female, LOL. They bring her to the queen and Eun Soo is looking around trying to make sense of what is going on. Jang Bin asks if she is really a doctor the way she is behaving. Eun Soo had a eureka moment. Ah, it is a film set and they had an accident they are trying to cover up. She says she can’t lose her medical license by treating the patient. CY convinces her to look at the patient. She starts to work ordering them around using her light scope as the warriors look at in awe. CY gives her an admiring glance and LOL he goes and take a nap. The queen’s maid is a mole and passes information to a scar faced man who works for Gi Cheol. The warriors are admiring the police shield LOL. After it is done, Eun So tries to escape but CY stops her saying he will take her to the portal once the queen awakes, he promises her. Then the king shows up and talks to Eun So. She thinks the king is even weirder and pulls her hair trying to wake up from her crazy dream.

The adviser tells the king to keep ES with him to show his people that he has a God Doctor. CY said his word is his life and he promised ES. The king said a person’s promise to saving the country, which is more important. CY said, the advisor thinks breaking a promise is nothing, a warrior kills for his country but as a king shouldn’t he be above all of it, he questions the king and asks “Am I not right?”

Gi Cheol and his cohorts has the palace dignitaries gassed to death.

ES in her room cannot understand why there is no cell phone connection. She tries to bribe the maid to let her escape, the very maid who is a mole. The maid unlocks the door to the outside and leaves the room. CY asks Dae Man to keep and eye on Eun Soo and he goes away. Dae Man sees that ES has escaped and follows her. He watches her at a clothes store in the market. Sends a guy to inform CY. Eun Soo thinks the village is a drama set. She escapes Dae Man and gets knocked unconscious and kidnapped by scar face. CY gets ready to leave to find ES and his second in command tries to get him to give them orders. Finally with a sigh he tells them what they should watch out for and protect the queen, as for the king, they can decide, LOL , he is so blasé about everything, his second in command is more like the leader, conscientious and responsible.

As CY tracks ES, he realizes that she has been captured. He thinks to best clue is the ship owner and dunks him in water to get him to talk. He gets to where ES is and forces the blacksmith there to talk. He says that the king is being attacked by gas poison. CY reluctantly leaves to return to the king. At the inn, the king is under attack. They leave the building; Jang Bin carries the queen and the maid follows. Dae Man returns and overpowers the enemy archers on the roof. As Jang Bin fights the attackers, the maid tries to knife the queen. She is suddenly hit by wait a flying police shield that returns to CY like a boomerang, LOL, the things he uses as weapon, very creative.   The queen has awakened so CY asks the king permission to return ES to heaven’s gate.

He goes back but thinks they are gone when the cell phone chimes feed me. It needs charging Ha! Ha! CY and Dae Man accosts the guy who threatens to knife ES. CY coolly throws a knife at him, killing the assailant. He unties ES and berates her for not listening to him. She almost collapses but walks away, telling him not to follow her. He said the queen is fine and he is here to take her home. She is missing one shoe and tells him she would not be carried like a potato sack. He lifts her up and carries her effortlessly and a smile appears on his lips. Why the sweet smile Daejang?

At the portal, he gives her a majestic bow and apologizes sincerely for causing her harm. The music at this moment is beautiful. She looks uncertain and walks towards the portal. Then a shout, Jo Sung says that the God doctor must be stopped, CY angrily draws his sword and points it at the advisor. Jo Sung says it is the king’s order. The look on CY’s face is indescribable, he turns and pulls ES back he back hugs her as she struggles until the portal shuts. He lets her go and walks away devasted that he broke his promise. ES angrily grabs his sword and walks towards him and aims the sword at him stabbing him in the stomach, she belatedly recoils in horror but CY grabs her hands and pulls the sword through his body, aargh, he is helping her kill him, saying that she has punished him. She then tries to save him. Jo Sung tries to get them to leave and pulls the sword out of CY to hasten his death. He says they have to leave CY agrees and asks them to leave him. He can survive on his own. ES orders the men to get her medical supplies. Dae Man rushes in to the king’s room. The king wants to know if his order was carried out. Dae Man said yes and that is why he is dying. The queen gives Dae Man permission to leave and asks Jang Bin to follow. The dynamics between the king and queen is interesting. The queen has a mind of her own.

They bring CY back. He argues to be left behind, he knows how to survive on his own but ES refuses and says Shut UP, Huh! LOL

They get back to the inn and ES prepares to open up CY amid Jang Bins objections. You want to cure him by cutting him up, HuH! It ends there.

In this episode, you see the growing attraction CY secretly has for ES whether he realizes it. ES relies on him even though he kidnapped her.

• Like 5

On 8/13/2018 at 5:31 PM, 1ouise said:

By the way,  Anna Jo (Facebook) is @zinnia here on Soompi.  It's worth looking through all her posts for her translations. :)

On 8/13/2018 at 8:30 AM, syntyche said:

even thought that they could make their love story on their own even if I wrote rough scripts. What a relief...

Dear Minho, now sleep-deprived and busy shooting... I read an interview saying he already lost 7kg weight.

Please sleep and eat like Choi Young as much as possible on your own and I hope you will endure a long shooting schedule like a marathon. Fighting~!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117892685402907&id=100015465282535

I found Anna Jo's Facebook but I don't know how you managed to find the Song Ji Na's translations. I scrolled down her page for a long time but could not get to the translations. I also clicked on your link above but it said I did not have permission to read that page.

LMH in Faith episode 2:

tumblr_pdor7l2XWy1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pdor7l2XWy1w2zf0ho2_540.png

I actually find his absolute moral compass and his code of honor so moving. When he tells the king he should be more than men, it tells us so much about his character. He understands the larger purpose he serves—he fights by the sword so that greater men may rule.--girlfriday

tumblr_pdor7l2XWy1w2zf0ho4_540.png

• Like 6

Spoiler

FAITH EPISODE 2

Thanks @CallieP  for the recap.  And thanks @1ouisefor your comments.

cr:Lee_min_ho_333 _Yuki

Thanks also for you insights on Faith.  With regard to the criticism of LMH,  I wonder if there would have been fewer comments about his acting being wooden if he described how his version of CY would be portrayed ahead of the drama.  

I admire the King for waiting for CY to return.  Man, the advisor drives me crazy.  I think we all loved the line "A Goryeo warrior's promise equals his life."I think the King is torn because his country's future rests with him.  That roach oil is gross.  I like ES thinking that she is on a movie set asking for taxi, ATM and the big blue bag hoofing it in her high heels.  I think CY/LMH is pretty hot with the ponytail.  Dae-man is a pretty good fighter; I had forgotten about that.  Argh, if ES would have hurried through the tunnel, she would have returned home.   And why isn't she running to the tunnel instead of just standing there.  I love the Queen; she totally understands CY.  I love how the woodalchi are devoted to CY:heart:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, CallieP said:

I found Anna Jo's Facebook but I don't know how you managed to find the Song Ji Na's translations. I scrolled down her page for a long time but could not get to the translations. I also clicked on your link above but it said I did not have permission to read that page.

@CallieP, I think you should log in first to FB so you can access it through the link. Anyway, her posts on Song Ji Na's translations are dated 28 Feb 2017.

PMSOTtR.gif

Spoiler

I am loving Choi Young's moral compass and code of honor. Watching PT, CH, and now Faith, I admire his characters in these dramas for their uprightness and integrity. Early on this drama, I can see that Choi Young stands by his principles and is a man of his word. Thus, the devastated look on his face when he had to break his promise in favor of the King's orders. I feel like Choi Young is more principled than the King - well, the King seems to be lacking self-confidence, and considering that he has to make tough choices to lead a kingdom, it would be interesting to see how his character interacts with an upright character like Choi Young. Add to that a Queen with a mind of her own, their dynamics is something to look forward to.

gcgN436.gif

I see Choi Young is warming up to Eun Soo - I like his admiring look at her when she was operating on the Queen. And that slight smile as he carries her. He even gave that majestic bow when he brought her to the portal. With a handsome and gallant warrior like that sweeping you off your feet, I wouldn't go running straight to the portal either. Lol. :lol:

EFfinO0.gif

TWbLnOQ.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

I think you should log in first to FB so you can access it through the link. Anyway, her posts on Song Ji Na's translations are dated 28 Feb 2017.

Actually, I believe I was logged in and then clicked on your link. I tried both ways logged and not logged but it did not work. Thanks for the date. I know how long to scroll then,

The photo of LMH in Secret Campus and Legend of Blue Sea.He looks pretty much the same except for his hair. It was wild and spikey then. The fashion at that time. He looks just as young or as old ? :P 13 years ago

• Like 2

20180820 on duty :

e3970d78gy1fufvrtxbylj20u011i1g7.jpg

64441a2fgy1fufvxih4bej20u011hwuw.jpg

e3970d78gy1fufvrsgnaoj20u011ikca.jpg

Spoiler

e3970d78gy1fufvrv7v3xj20u011i4n1.jpg

64441a2fgy1fufvxjfnphj20u011dwtp.jpg

64441a2fgy1fufvxm342tj20u011dqg0.jpg

9de39090gy1fufv2pqm9yj210n0xrh3u.jpg

eda0ce69ly1fufuu7un1zj20yi186q94.jpg

0065tSR2ly1fufwuvpte0j31to2qiaxd.jpg

0065tSR2ly1fufwuwudgwj31oc2z91kx.jpg

0065tSR2ly1fufwuxyrixj31to2qi1ft.jpg

0065tSR2ly1fufwuz5f0sj31to2qi1kx.jpg

0065tSR2ly1fufwv0ph9cj31ob2z9npd.jpg

cr as tagged / Logo

• Like 8

I found a Lee Min Ho's interview when he's filming Faith re-posting on Weibo today. My translation is according to Chinese translation by Galaxy0401.

"Choi Young's original personality setting is more neurotic and sharper than now. But I think it would be more interesting if Choi Young's character gradually changed in the drama. So, I proposed to Ms. Song, if it would be possible that Choi Young was a little lazy at the beginning? Anyway, how the personality changes, Choi Young's greatest charm is strong and trustworthy. Choi Young is not the kind of person who can express with lines, need to express more feelings with expressions and eyes. This part is really difficult to deal with, so I have always kept in great concentration."

"I practiced riding only two or three times. So I didn't have much confidence to ride a running horse, it was OK if just walking. And I was a little anxious about the martial arts because I only practiced for one month, but actually it was quite handy to do it. After Episode 8, I couldn’t keep holding the shield, I felt very lonely just like my girl friend suddenly disappeared. Furthermore, if I don’t have a sword in my hand, I feel like I went to school but without the schoolbag.”

"Eun Soo who crossed from the modern time to Goryeo finally will go back to where she came from. What will Choi Young decide? "Choi Young will not follow Eun Soo to modern. Choi Young is not the kind of unresponsible man to give up all in Goryeo and go to the modern just for the women he loves. If it have to be only one between work and love, Choi Young will choose the work."

"Please pay attention to Choi Young's new hairstyle!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is my translation of the comments by Galaxy0401 :

My reasons for appreciating Min Ho include Min Ho's understanding for the character. From BOF to Faith, Min Ho’s understanding for his role is exactly the same as I thought. What Min Ho played was what I felt. This means that Min Ho's thinking will be reflected in his acting skills, and fans can realize what kind of character and theme he wants to express from his real acting skills.

Finally, for those who love Min Ho from Faith, I provided the comments from the crew and Korean media after he became hot after BOF in 2009. I deliberately revisit old things, and some people will have "feeling".

First, the reason why the PD of BOF chose the unnamed Lee Min Ho to play GJP. "The 2nd lead is played by the idol who first time challenge acting, so the lead must be played by a talented orthodox actor."

Second, in 2009, the Korean media called Lee Min Ho "a super newcomer who will appear once every 20 years." This honor "a super newcomer who will appear once every 20 years" has never been appeared on Korean website after that. So I have to emphasize it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2