Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CarolynH

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

LMH in City Hunter episode 19:

Thanks for all the comments!!

Aaaahhh!  We're  finally getting to the bottom of this horrid revenge plan.  Who will get the happy ending??

I, too, think that the soundtrack adds a lot to the atmosphere and mood of this show.

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho2_540.png

This really is the prosecutor's episode:

Spoiler

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho3_540.png

Soooo much foreboding here :(:

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho5_540.png

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho6_540.png

I couldn't help from crying.  CH calls him "inflexible and no fun," but Young-joo is honorable and smart and that's worth CH's respect.

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho7_540.png

It's kinda crazy to think that our BB will be finished with his service in April.  He probably already knows what his next project will be.

• Like 6

Ministry Of National Defense Announces Plans To Gradually Reduce Length Of Mandatory Military Service

lee-min-ho-taecyeon-ji-chang-wook-daesun

The Ministry of National Defense has announced its plan for the reduction of the length of mandatory military service, starting with soldiers whose discharge date is planned for October 1.

The reduction is to take place gradually over three years, with one day reduced every two weeks. In the end, those who enlist on June 15 of 2020 will be discharged after 18 months of service — three months less than they would serve now.

On July 27, the Ministry of National Defense included its plan for the execution of the reduction of military service time in its ‘Defense Reform 2.0,” which was sent to President Moon Jae In.

The period of service for those in the army and the Marine Corps is currently 21 months, and it will be reduced by three months to 18 months. Those who serve in the navy are currently discharged after 23 months, and the time will gradually be reduced to 20 months.

Those in the air force currently serve for 24 months. As there was a one month reduction of their service time in 2004, the time will now be reduced by only two months.

Public service workers’ time will be reduced from 24 months to 21 months, and the required time for skilled industry personnel on reservist duty will be reduced from 26 months to 23 months.

For those in the army, the reduction of military service time will begin with those who enlisted on January 3, 2017. They would have originally been discharged on October 2, but they will now be discharged one day earlier on October 1.

Following this, service time will be reduced by one day every two weeks. Therefore people who enlisted on January 17, 2017 will be discharged on October 14 of this year (rather than their formerly planned date of October 16). Those who enlisted on January 31, 2017 would have been discharged on October 30 of this year, but they will now be discharged three days earlier on October 27.

The Ministry of National Defense stated, “Those who are enlisting today [July 27] will be discharged on March 16, 2020, which is 41 days earlier than the originally planned discharge date of April 26.”

The gradual reduction of service time will end with those who enlist on June 15, 2020, as they will be discharged after 18 months of service on December 14, 2021.

In response to concern from some people that a reduction in the period of military service would lead to a weakening of the military’s power, the Ministry of National Defense has stated that there will be no such issue.

“Our cutting-edge military strength will be reinforced and positions that require proficiency will be replaced with noncommissioned officers,” it stated. “In order to allow soldiers to focus only on combat duty, there will be a minimization of their non-combat duties.”

It continued, “The reduction in military service time will relieve some of the burden of military service on young people, who are experiencing difficulties in areas such as their studies and finding a job. Servicemen entering society earlier will contribute to the effective utilization of our national human resources.”

The reduction in military service time will take effect following the National Assembly Defense Commitee’s report, a vote through a Cabinet meeting, and approval from the President.

The reform plan also includes an increase in salary for soldiers, the possible implementation of permission to use cell phones after finishing daily work, and more.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/27/ministry-national-defense-plans-gradually-reduce-length-mandatory-military-service/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

VhW5BrZ.gif

Spoiler

AQzu6ir.gif

We're into the final stretch of City Huner, and the scenes are getting so exciting, that I had to hug my pillow while watching this episode. :lol:

Yoon Sung is so kickass when Young Ju pulled off his mask. He didn't even budge, didn't even blink (I once saw a video of LMH having fun playing a staring contest with a camera/cameraman. He could actually keep his eyes from blinking for quite a long time, and I think that serves him an advantage when playing scenes like this). But he actually managed to escape in the middle of the road, with cops in cars behind him, who didn't chase him as soon as Young Ju let him go? But I don't want him to get caught, so good enough. :D

When the President advises Chun to turn himself in, I see a parallelism with Yoon Sung who upholds what is right and just. I guess that aside from the dislike of beans, Yoon Sung got that as well from his biological dad.

pE7SGw4.gif

During the scene when his omma finally confirms who his real father is, Yoon Sung was actually more shocked when he learned that Jin Pyo knew about it all along (we could tell by LMH's spot-on teary eyes). Learning about this must be heartbreaking for him, considering that in the previous episode, he even rushed to save Jin Pyo from the goons who beat him up, and even stood back-to-back with him, as if to tell, "it's you and me against the world." Since he is not really Jin Pyo's bestfriend's (Moo Yeol) son, it does appear that Jin Pyo only raised him as a weapon for revenge. And then eventually turn him against his own real father.

ne01ZPL.gif

I noticed this signature fight move of Yoon Sung in this drama. I don't know what it's called but it's when he leans on his side with his hand supporting his body weight and then kicks with both feet. He did it during the mud scene in the second (?) episode, fight scene with spoon, fight scene at the staircase of Nana's apartment, and then on the cars in this episode. How can LMH still look dashing and statuesque while fighting off several goons? He walked in that junkyard like he's on a runway. ;) And to think that he does his own stunts just blows me away.

9Uh0G4l.gif

CTrgV85.gif

hiqqNmm.gif

The upright Young Ju finally realized his and the law's limitations, and appreciated what the City Hunter can do beyond those limitations. And for him to ask for Yoon Sung/City Hunter's forgiveness for his father is meaningful, as he recognizes the validity of Yoon Sung's revenge. In the hospital scene, it was nice of him and Sae Hee to have those sweet moments. But as he was leaving, I thought, if he turns around and throws that tender look at Sae Hee, and accompanied by dramatic lighting and stuff, then something BAD is going to happen to Young Ju. Hah. I was right. This is what I get from watching too much movies and dramas.:lol:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

The reform plan also includes an increase in salary for soldiers, the possible implementation of permission to use cell phones after finishing daily work, and more.

Isn't LMH allowed to use his phone either cell or home phone after work when he is home?

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180731 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

a986b668gy1ftsq5t5p86j20v91jgqv5.jpg

a986b668gy1ftsq5vxs6lj20v91jokjl.jpg

a986b668gy1ftsq63orcij20v918he81.jpg

cr as tagged

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. :lol:

On 7/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, CallieP said:

Isn't LMH allowed to use his phone either cell or home phone after work when he is home?

Hi CallieP,  this only refers to those active-duty soldiers, those who are inside the camp. This is the reason why during basic training, on the Day 1 inside the camp, all unnecessary items they brought in are returned back home. Prohibited items are mobile phones aside from MP3 & jewelries. Recruits can communicate with their family & loved-ones during weekends especially SUNDAY or on breaks through a letter – they could call but it’s a collect call. This is also the reason why military restricts soldiers access to the public even to their family & loved-ones, causing concern among military leaders that high military secrets could be leaked. I heard that mobile phones now are allowed inside the military but it depends on the base where they're stationed. A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) still do not have.  Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns.

I'm sure during LMH's basic training he has no mobile phone access while inside the camp but after the four-week basic training is over, he's surely free to use the phone since his training schedule is over. But, as far as I know, the Ministry of National Defense distributed mobile phones to military barracks since year (2015). They distributed one mobile phone for a group of eight to 10 soldiers in a barrack to share so that they could use it during free periods after working hours or during weekends. For security reasons, the phones was programmed only to receive calls and will not be smartphones. The military explained that soldiers will be able to send text messages to ask their relatives to call them. The military plans to test-run the phone service in frontline units first before expanding it to other barracks nationwide. :lol:

• Like 3

20180801 on duty :

a986b668ly1ftty8iexnvj20v91jdb29.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8jysotj20v91jg7wh.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8lfgklj20lx183x4q.jpg

Spoiler

a986b668ly1ftty8gu5arj20v91j8hdt.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8czgeqj20v91janpd.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8ngc73j20mq1gd4qp.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8opyu5j20lz13faw8.jpg

005zuJBFgy1fttyf4sl1uj30v91jldsw.jpg

005zuJBFgy1fttyf2l64gj30v91jl177.jpg

005zuJBFgy1fttyf6zw8oj30v91jlnar.jpg

e3970d78gy1ftu0etd7zij20q10wjtbi.jpg

cr as tagged / Logo

• Like 3

innisfree Aug. calendar :

8d1c950egy1ftt78ym45ij218g0p0e81.jpg

And today 20180801 is 1st anniversary of Minoz China Official Fan Club :

006K4ngdly1ftt6n9u7xzj31kw16he89.jpg

• Like 5

Seeing this graphic makes me really, really, really want to see LMH and PBY together again!

tumblr_pcsw6wfgus1w2zf0ho1_r1_1280.png

https://www.soompi.com/2018/08/01/top-korean-celebrities-among-international-k-drama-fans-july-2018/

Her July 30 interview for Section TV was a lot of fun too:

While watching a scene of her and Lee Min Ho from ‘Secret Campus,’ Park Bo Young covered her face in embarrassment. She commented, “I apologize to Lee Min Ho for unintentionally bringing up his past. It was unintentional.”

Park-Bo-Young1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/30/park-bo-young-talks-impact-scandal-makers-career-kiss-scene-jo-jung-suk/

• Like 6

On 8/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

20180801 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

a986b668ly1ftty8gu5arj20v91j8hdt.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8czgeqj20v91janpd.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8ngc73j20mq1gd4qp.jpg

a986b668ly1ftty8opyu5j20lz13faw8.jpg

005zuJBFgy1fttyf4sl1uj30v91jldsw.jpg

005zuJBFgy1fttyf2l64gj30v91jl177.jpg

005zuJBFgy1fttyf6zw8oj30v91jlnar.jpg

e3970d78gy1ftu0etd7zij20q10wjtbi.jpg

cr as tagged / Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing the pictures. :lol:

• Like 1

20180803 on duty :

005zuJBFgy1ftw7rl2nwrj30v91jlkjl.jpg

005zuJBFgy1ftw7rhhw6bj30v91jlu0x.jpg

005zuJBFgy1ftw7s1tsdyj30v91jlx6p.jpg

Spoiler

Good boy ! He tried to hold every fan's hand even with one finger.    :lol:

a986b668gy1ftw84gefg3j20v91irhdt.jpg

a986b668gy1ftw84imes7j20v91jdhdt.jpg

a986b668gy1ftw84kgf0yj20v91j3e81.jpg

I found there were more and more male fans these days.   :P

cr as tagged / Logo

• Like 5

9 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180803 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

cr as tagged / Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. This is the reason why I adore him! He's so genuine towards his fans. :lol: Oh....so NICE to know that he gains MORE male fans.

• Like 2

Today's whole set from Nuch Rosy  (Minoz from Thailand). 2018new_liwu_org.png

e3970d78gy1ftwbtfgtiaj20u011i43p.jpg

cr. Nuch Rosy

• Like 3

7nmZWPR.gif

yKbZLgl.gif

072IphZ.gif

Spoiler

CH Episode 20 (Finale)

At the junkyard, badly beaten Young Joo dies while clasping Yoon Sung’s hand. On the way to the port, Yoon Sung calls Jin Pyo to ask why he had to lie and send Young Joo to the junkyard. Meanwhile, Kim Jong Shik, Young Joo’s dad, wakes up in his hospital bed. 

jDhgQfW.gif

At the port, Chun Jae Man and two of his guards are stopped by Jin Pyo. Jin Pyo takes out the guards, and goes after Jae Man. He strikes him with his sword-cane.

hpF5T60.gif

Yoon Sung arrives at the port, and is frustrated when he sees the unconscious guards and Jae Man lying in a pool of blood. He then opens the secret document, and sees the four men responsible for the special task in 1983, whom they’ve sought their revenge against. He finally learns who the fifth man is - Choi Eung Chan, the current President, his biological father. He realizes where everything has come down to.

IrHfsFt.gif

B7N7JSY.gif

He confronts Jin Pyo, telling him he’s no different from Jae Man, and thinks he wouldn’t be able to take revenge on his real father. He has seen what a good president he is, to which Jin Pyo rebuts, he did not get to that seat cleanly.

984HWrA.gif

Seo Yong Hak calls the press and declares that the City Hunter’s next target is the President, who was the mastermind of the sweep mission in 1983. The President calls an emergency press conference and denies his involvement in the sweep mission.

At Young Joo’s funeral, the President arrives. Yoon Sung also arrives, and is confronted by Pil Jae, who reveals he is the City Hunter, and calls him a killer. The president witnesses this, so back at his office, he goes over Yoon Sung’s records. Pil Jae drops by, and tells him that Jin Pyo is part of the sweep mission. He also reveals that Yoon Sung is Park Moo Yeol and Lee Kyung Hee’s son.

ZOHLWfo.gif

Yoon Sung drops by the President’s office. He asks him if the things he said in the press conference are true. The president confirms, and explains the choices he had to make. Yoon Sung questions the greatness of his causes, when they are done with means and methods that are wrong.

5WEqmwg.gif

Meanwhile, Nana visits Yoon Sung’s house, and tries to talk him out of his revenge on his own father. She fears that as the President’s guard, they may have to meet again.

xf7UJYd.gif

Yoon Sung, now working with Sang Gook, looks into the possible deal of the President with Councilor Lee Young Taek for the passage of the private school reform bill. The President meets up with the councilor in a restaurant, and does ask for his help in passing the bill. In exchange, the President offers to make arrangements so the councilor wouldn’t be summoned to the prosecutor’s office. Yoon Sung, just outside of the room, hears this deal, and confronts the President. He tells him that he has the secret book from 1983.

xIRNCcW.gif

Yoon Sung then meets up with the person in charge of the money during the presidential election, and learns that the President may have a record of the election money. He then heads to the President’s house, with Da Hye’s tutorial lessons as front. He slips into a room, and rummages for the ledger. The President suddenly appears behind him, with the ledger on hand. He gives him the ledger, and submits to whatever Yoon Sung decides to do.

MefUwNQ.gif

Yoon Sung heads off with the ledger, but stops as the President says, “You living like this, your father is sorry.”

Vb4iMIY.gif

Nana makes a final plea to Yoon Sung, but he is determined with his plan. He sends out copies of the secret book to the press, including the records of the President’s political slush fund. The press receives these files, as the private school reform bill gets passed. Due to the news of his scandals, calls are made for the President’s impeachment.

ZVyAX66.gif

Yoon Sung prepares his gun. So does Jin Pyo. And Nana.

The President, after hanging up Jin Pyo’s call, instructs his guards to let his expected guest in without a bodysearch. Jin Pyo arrives, but is met instead by Yoon Sung. The two point their guns at each other.

sylVgtJ.gif

Yoon Sung laments about the toll the revenge has taken on his life. He only wanted to live a happy and normal life with his dad. He suddenly points his gun to his own head. If this is his destiny, he would end it with his own hands.

He5tDXq.gif

The President and Nana stop him. Jin Pyo, who has come to take the President’s life, shoots the President, as the latter shoves Nana away. But Yoon Sung rushes in front of the President to take the bullet.

T3xg7Ch.gif

The guards flood the scene. Jin Pyo points the gun at the bleeding Yoon Sung, as he declares that he is the only survivor of the sweep mission, and took revenge on the men responsible for it. He then blurts out, “I am the City Hunter.” He drops the clip of his gun, turns around, and the guards shoot him down. Drenched in blood, Yoon Sung and Jin Pyo both reach out to clasp hands.

iTeRmrI.gif

Fast forward - Da Hye serves coffee to Nana, whose father has passed away. They are visited by Ki Joon and Eun Ah, who handed them invitations for their wedding. Meanwhile, as Ajusshi and Yoon Sung’s mom are preparing to leave for the US, they receive Eun Ah’s wedding invitation and the former President’s well wishes.

Nana herself is also heading for a trip, when she sees someone familiar from afar. She hurries towards him, but to no avail. She turns around, and sees Yoon Sung.

v6VZRq0.gif

A memorial is built for the 21 soldiers who sacrificed their lives for their country. First on the list are Lee Jin Pyo and Park Mu Yeol.

It all ends with Yoon Sung driving in the night.

rzWqmlj.gif

Comments:

I am having withdrawal syndrome from City Hunter. The last time I felt like this was with LOTBS. :tears:

When Young Joo died, Yoon Sung fixing up his suit shows that he respects Young Joo, despite their different methods and perspective on things. I think a death on someone around Yoon Sung, especially that of Young Joo whom he shares the same mission of bringing forth justice, would push him further to his cause.

It was heartbreaking for Yoon Sung to finally know that Jin Pyo orchestrated everything his whole life, from his abduction from his mother, to making him believe he is somebody else’s son, all the while knowing who his real father is. And it all comes down to son killing his own father. Heartbreaking, but story-wise, its irony is so satisfying that I can’t wait to see how such story line would end.

So it turns out the President is also corrupt. Good thing that Yoon Sung did not inherit that bad side. He is in fact upright that he would bring to justice anyone, even if he is his own blood.

At Young Joo’s funeral, I thought Pil Jae, of all his colleagues, would be the first one to say a testimony about Young Joo. Well, the writers were reserving it for his confrontation with Yoon Sung, to reveal that he is the City Hunter. I guess it was more dramatic, and that’s when the President learned about the Yoon Sung – City Hunter angle.

It must be very disappointing for Yoon Sung to be lied upon straight to his face when the President denied his involvement with the sweep mission. The President may have been forced to make those choices, he may have a great cause, but Yoon Sung is right to question him if he’ll still stand by his cause even if the methods are wrong. Well, come to think of it, Yoon Sung also has a great cause, and his methods are also wrong when he breaks the law to achieve that cause. Hmm, at least he is not corrupt like his father.

Not much fight scenes for LMH in this episode, but lots of heartbreaking and teary-eyed scenes. I like the scene when the President hands Yoon Sung the ledger, and as his father, says sorry for him living that kind of life. I love it when LMH gets teary-eyed on cue.  

As they were preparing their guns for battle, I was holding my breath. Unlike in the previous episode where I saw Young Joo’s death coming, in this episode, I was clueless on who dies, if any. I just took the ride and let the story surprise me. And surprise it did. Or more like shock. When Yoon Sung pointed his gun at his own head, my jaw dropped. His lines leading to that moment made sense to him ending his own life, story-wise (but in the Minoz world, not really :lol:). And then he leaps and takes the bullet for the President. Damn! Couldn't he be any more of a hero? Nana’s fear of them meeting in a situation where he would have to take the target that Nana is protecting, didn’t really happen, rather, HE protected the target. It’s consistent with his character really, since from the start, he didn’t want anybody dying. It’s just Jin Pyo who is bloodthirsty. But that turned out against him, as he shot the son he raised. The father-son relationship of these two is really out of the ordinary – Jin Pyo is evil and not endearing to Yoon Sung, but he still calls him Father and rescues him. And now Jin Pyo shows that he, after all, loves Yoon Sung and proves it in the most extreme and jaw-dropping way – takes the fall for his son. And what a dramatic and tragic way to end that scene with the two reaching out and clasping hands. It’s so “you and me until the end,” on the same vein as, “you and me against the world” in a previous episode, when they were standing back to back surrounded by goons.  Javabeans’ comment is worth noting: “Jin Pyo gives not only his life to Yoon-sung but takes the blame, so that Yoon-sung could in fact have a happy life after all this darkness and revenge.”

I love how this scene unfolded. It capped off the excitement that has been building up in the past episodes. It showed the interplay of various characters with different beliefs, methods, and causes, in a tragic but satisfying way.

I also like the open-ended scene of Yoon Sung and Nana meeting again. Of course, Yoon Sung did survive. I like that they didn’t have that cheesy ending. After that gut-wrenching, bloody scene, the sight of them together again is enough for me.   

In my list, City Hunter is one of LMH’s top dramas. It satisfies my fix for the mystery/thriller genre. I would very much like LMH to take on a project of this type. It showcases his range of talent, from doing his own fight scenes to capturing our emotions with his acting prowess.

Thanks, @CarolynH, @CallieP, and @Kris Silva for hosting the City Hunter rewatch. I very much enjoyed watching it with you, along with @gtLmh0622 and @1ouise. :D

• Like 5

On 8/3/2018 at 6:57 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

20180803 on duty :

005zuJBFgy1ftw7rl2nwrj30v91jlkjl.jpg

005zuJBFgy1ftw7rhhw6bj30v91jlu0x.jpg

005zuJBFgy1ftw7s1tsdyj30v91jlx6p.jpg

Hide contents

cr as tagged / Logo

This is so sweet :) 

gtLmh0622 can't thank you enough for these pics everyday. A big big THANK YOU

Though I wonder how you do this every day, do you stay close by if I may ask?

• Like 3

"Legend of the Blue Sea" featured in ABS-CBN TVplus and Asianovela Channel CF

"Oppa is very handsome!"

• Like 3

6 hours ago, heloise215 said:

This is so sweet :) 

gtLmh0622 can't thank you enough for these pics everyday. A big big THANK YOU

Though I wonder how you do this every day, do you stay close by if I may ask?

All those pictures were posted by other Minoz on Weibo or Twitter everyday, I just re-posted them on here.
You may find that I always credited to Logos of taking photos, I'm not staying close.   :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1