Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

4 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

is everyone ready for Faith rewatch?

City Hunter wasn't only my first Lee Minho drama but also my first kdrama ever, I fell for minho at the first sight :p I started marathoning all of his other dramas after finishing CH, and put Faith at the end of my to-watch list because I don't like watching historical series or movies and the posters of this drama weren't attractive at all and I didn't like his long hair and the fact that it had some CGI work done didn't help but.... I loved it when I finally decided to watch and kinda regretted why I kept on avoiding it. it's one of the loveliest dramas ever made and minho's acting was amazing in it. I've been wanting to rewatch it since last year and I'm happy to do it together with you guys so let's start ~

cr. to owners

Thanks for doing a great recap. Yes, he looks dreamy in the rain and hood.

Spoiler

I like how serious he is in Seoul, everything is strange but it is heaven anyway so anything goes. It is hilarious that he is not fazed out. Completely fixated on completing his duty to the king. Must find doctor, cannot be distracted by anything else. Since he has superpowers, it is not impossible to go throw the TV screen just has to figure out how, LOL. Even though he is completely loyal to the king since that is his duty and his role, he does not enjoy what he has to do. It is such a contrast. He does it because he has to. He rather be sleeping though. He is also as Dramabeans say, Mr Literal. Nothing devious about him, completely straightforward and uncaring about status,  not a sycophant. Even though he is lazy and sleepy, nothing gets past him. He knows what is going on. That is the great thing about the general. 

I enjoyed his first meeting with the great doctor and how materialistic she is, wanting a rich boyfriend LOL. How she reacted to him being a psycho and weird. On to the next episode

• Like 6

LMH in Faith episode 1:

Thanks for the recap Latifah!  It was hard for me to appreciate Faith at first, too.  It was my first sageuk drama--and fusion-fantasy-time travel at that.  :crazy:  I had to stop and start again, and then get past the first few episodes before I accepted what was going on.  I've been looking forward to re-watching, hoping that a few Faithlings will be here to share their insights.  It's easier to watch now because I already know what heroic and lovely moments are coming.

My favorite part of this episode is honorable Choi Young's promise:

tumblr_pdbqkb8kmQ1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pdbqkb8kmQ1w2zf0ho2_540.png

• Like 7

ndGwHuC.gif

Spoiler

Disclaimer: This is my first time to watch Faith. Although previously, I gave in to the temptation of skimming through the LMH scenes of the first few episodes. :D

That skimming-through, I did after watching LOTBS. And this time watching it, right after CH. I have to say, I can't help but compare the "look" of those dramas. I am not a film major, but unlike in Faith (and also in PT), CH and LOTBS had that "cinematic look" to it. Considering that this is a historical series, I think it would have been better if they gave that "cinematic look" to it, to add more drama and feel. Well, I guess I would have to get used to how Faith was filmed.

So this time, LMH's character is a skillful yet apathetic general. With his great acting, such traits of his character are quite easy to grasp even at the very first episode. Compared to his ingenious use of ordinary things as weapons in CH, this time, he has a distinct weapon that is the sword. In the bts video, he is quite good in handling a sword. And I do remember seeing a photo/video of him shooting an arrow. And magical powers? Hmm...considering that this is a historical drama/fantasy, I would have to see how that plays out in the story.

The character of the king is quite interesting. He seems to lack confidence, I think, but at least he is brave enough to ask and hear what Choi Young actually thinks of him. The dynamics between the two would be interesting to watch.

Choi Young in the future is quite funny. He does take things literally, walking straight into traffic to "just go." And actually slashing a man's neck to illustrate what the princess' injury is. And his odd outfit doesn't really help; I can't blame Eun Soo calling him "ajhussi." :D

Hj9pLBx.gif

So that's where he got the plastic shield. While I was skimming through the episodes, I was wondering what a plastic shield was doing in the Goryeo period. Heh.

My favorite part, too, was when he makes a sincere pledge to return her to her home. How he softens up in this scene is notable.

P9MW3fV.gif

I look forward to watching the interaction of a perky doctor and an apathetic general. I just read days ago that Faith is LMH's favorite drama of his? If this is true, I can't wait to find out why.

• Like 6

PROMIZ FB Update

Aug 10 update

[우수하다 Season2 Coming Soon]

Guess Who am I ?

#PROMIZ #PMZER
#ㅇㅅㅎㄷ
#season2
#Coming_Soon

38780991_2191101674297534_3876085633906638848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=54860ea5a55dbcd6d89f541c1d44bfeb&oe=5C00571E

Aug 9 update

우수하다 Season2 Coming soon!

입양대기 아이들을 위한
프로미즈 [우수하다] 프로젝트,
그 두번째 NEW 아이템들이
곧 찾아옵니다!
Promiz brings you a new item
for Milk Mustache campaign,
which supports children
who are waiting for adoption,
and promotes their wellbeing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually I didn't like LMH's hair style at the beginning of Faith (except he's on the horse in the rain and hood), and I even was a little confused on the story. If it's not LMH's drama, it's hard for me to insist on watching it to the end.

But after the first time of watching and understood what's going on (why Eun Soo's notebook and materials had existed before the time she lived), it's not bad to re-watch it twice or more times. And importantly, Minho looked very handsome after his hair style changed :    :P

596e70efgy1fu6ssr2ts5j20sn0sn0ug.jpg

cr. yukari.xiaolin

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

hat skimming-through, I did after watching LOTBS. And this time watching it, right after CH. I have to say, I can't help but compare the "look" of those dramas. I am not a film major, but unlike in Faith (and also in PT), CH and LOTBS had that "cinematic look" to it. Considering that this is a historical series, I think it would have been better if they gave that "cinematic look" to it, to add more drama and feel. Well, I guess I would have to get used to how Faith was filmed.

I look forward to watching the interaction of a perky doctor and an apathetic general. I just read days ago that Faith is LMH's favorite drama of his? If this is true, I can't wait to find out why.

Everyone notice that in Episode 1, the king did not order Choi Yong to enter the portal but asked him if it was a good idea to try. He was so uncertain. Choi Yong just decided to go and claimed that it was an order. I thought that was cute.

Syntyche:   Can you give me the link to the article you read a few days ago with LMH saying that Faith is his favorite drama? Thanks!

I can give  a historical context about Faith. I have read quite a bit about it. It was planned to be a great cinematic drama like "the Legend" written I think by the same scriptwriter and directed by  the same director as well. It took years for Faith to be finally filmed. It experienced a lot of bad luck and delays. There was an initial trailer with another actor as the lead and Kim Hee Sun and Lee Philip. The fantasy was high quality. That was postponed. The lead actor role was offered to several actors before LMH was offered the role but Kim Hee Sun and Lee Philip waited to act in the drama. Kim Hee Sun was loyal to the director and waited a few years, I believe. It also seems that the story line changed from the original because of plagiarism claims so this drama was somewhat jinxed from the beginning. If I can find the original trailer, I will post it here. There were money woes and not sufficient backers. The writer said the the story she had in mind came out differently. Even Kim Hee Sun's role changed. During the filming, a lot of the scenes she wanted to do was cut due to lack of money and time. A lot of times it was rushed and the crew worked throughout the night. Editing was splotchy too. In episode one there was supposed to be a scene showing Choi Young show his fighting prowess and save the honor of his team in a fight with another group and thus gain the respect of his troop. That was not filmed or removed from the drama. I think a lot of the times what kept the drama sane was Kim Hee Sun and Lee Min Ho. They kept the set light with their jokes and antics. LMH and KHS worked well together as a team.

The poor ratings made it even harder for the drama. As it went on more scenes were cut and the direction of the story changed. The fantasy was reduced to almost nothing, court drama lessened and I think the love story became the main theme because of fan feedback. Those that loved Faith, it was because of Choi Yong and the Great Doctor. They became the Imja couple. Complains were centralized around the repetitious  nature of the drama. Also a lot of scenes were repeated. I believe it was because of lack of money and time constraints. It ended with a lot of the crew not being paid even Kim Hee Sun. Not sure if LMH was paid though. It was not clear. The crew including KHS sued the director for mismanagement and wages. The director was a great director who filmed one of the most watched dramas of all time " The Sand Glass". He finally committed suicide. A sad end to a great director.

I can safely say at that time that I do not think it was LMH"s favorite drama then. It was really a hard drama to film in summer. The heat was unbearable and LMH had to wear heavy armor. He lost 10 lbs or something he complained and got skinny. When the drama ended, there were no post drama promotions at all like all his other dramas. It just ended. He cut his hair really short the very next day and did not talk much about the drama after it ended. He did some CFs for Eider, Innisfree.  There is even not a DVD because of copyright issues released from Korea. Japan got the rights and there is a Japanese DVD release and a Singapore release, not sure if that is bootleg but no Korean DVD. During a Japanese interview, he went back to the set and said that he had actually not wanted to return there again. I took it to mean that the memories were not great. (That is my opinion).  He got a lot of criticism for his acting as being wooden and I think he took responsibility for the poor ratings too.

The drama did not get awards except for LMH and the Queen. They did not win the couple award or EVEN nominated for the couple award. I was shocked because the Imja couple was loved by Faith fans. It was solely because of low ratings, I think. It is all politics. They had to give LMH and award because he is so popular but none the other actors did. The king was excellent but did not get anything. LMH was lonely at the awards as the queen left soon after receiving her award. He was happy the next year as all his fellow  actors were there for Heirs and they won the best couple award, him and Park Shin Hye but to me the Imja couple is way better than the Heirs couple. It is all about ratings. I think as the years passed, he realized that he got the most fans from Faith. Faith also helped many fans through their personal difficulties. I know one such person personally. Faith has the record number of pages in Soompi, far more than any other forums, even LMH's own forum page that we are now on :D. I think it has a record number of fan made videos too on YouTube. Joonni's blog that did re-caps for a few dramas, her Faith re-cap brought many visitors to her site and it was her most popular and successful re-cap. Thus through the years, he realized that Faith had a strong effect on many viewers and gained him many new fans and came to be his favorite,  I guess. Anyway he said once that Kim Hee Sun was his most compatible co-star.

I think in the end Faith failed on being a blockbuster, or a great drama, poorly edited and directed due to money constraints but it succeeded in having a strong message about duty, loyalty, simplicity, honesty, uprightness, love, dedication. The hero was simple, did not covet power or money. There was no greed, avarice, or jealousy. He was brave, strong, kind, honorable, incorruptible  a great leader, yet humble. His word was his honor.  That is what the fans loved about Choi Yong compared to LMH's other characters. I think LMH finally realized that through the messages he got from fans and he always wants to be a good role model to his fans thus his fondness for Faith.

• Like 6

@CalliePThanks for the background behind Faith.  I think many of us, who are here now, began following LMH around Heirs or after.  I do remember one part where I said "again?".  Since Syntyche hasn't seen all of Faith, I won't mention specifics until we reach the episode.  I wonder why LMH accepted the role.  do you know?  I have seen the SBS award video in which LMH won the award and he looked so sad.  Almost ready to cry.  I felt so bad for him watching it.  I'm glad that he now can look back at Faith with more fondness.  

Here's a question for everyone on Faith.  Why did the King ask CY for his opinion?  did he sense something about CY?  I guess he did.

• Like 3

Today is the 6th anniversary of Faith aired. 

ed551508ly1fu7oh0fbudj21ww2pfq7e.jpg

cr. Minoz_Lucifer via MinHo_Yeah

I was very surprised that CallieP said "He got a lot of criticism for his acting as being wooden." Actually this is the first time I read about "criticism". I read lots of articles admiring his acting in Faith, said he could proved that he's only 25 years old , but he could act with his voice, mood, eyes, expression, Adam's apple, and his whole body. Even someone praised him acting with his every pore.

According to galaxy0401 (she is a senior Minoz, familiar with Korean/Japanese/Chinese), the reason why Ms. Song Ji Na chose Lee Min Ho to play Choi Young (according to Ms. Song's website and K-news) :

Ms. Song chose the end of Goryeo and Choi Young, plus the factors of crossing. So she thinks Choi Young, who is familiar with the audience, she doesn't need to re-paint again. She chose Choi Young, a decadent general who was tired of the world and had no desire to fight. However, the Korean audience is familiar with the heroic and loyal Choi Young, who is afraid that her "Choi Young" will not be accepted by the audience. She needs an actor who convinces her "Choi Young" to the audience. She thought of Lee Min Ho. So in September last year, when the outline was completed, the first one she sent was to Min Ho. The first reason is that Lee Min Ho's appearance is suitable for the general. The tall figure and the staunch face also took the hunter's experience of martial arts. But the above are all attached conditions. Choi Young, who is written by Ms. Song, is still a general in the bones. And because of the settings of Choi Young's personality, the lines can not be too much. The actor who plays Choi Young should use a limited number of lines to express, "Although he was born noble, but for some reason, he became a general of a wandering warrior." Therefore, Ms. Song took a fancy to Lee Min Ho’s acting style. Song's evaluation of Lee Min Ho has a pair of "doing romance" eyes. Not only must you express feelings other than lines, but you can even express "mouth is not the heart." And it will also be expressed in body language, "naturally noble aristocratic temperament and the mighty temperament of the general." An actor wants to use the scriptwriter to give his gorgeous lines to modify himself, basically anyone can. But you can only express yourself with a limited number of lines, and there is a "real" behind the limited lines, and it is not easy to convince the audience and touch the audience. If that character is not the character in the audience's common sense, it will be harder.

But Minho played Choi Young very successfully, I don't think he got the best actor award just because he's popular and famous. His acting was really good enough to get the award and he really got lots of talented and senior female fans through Faith in Korea/Japan/Big China Area, some of them even didn't like kind of flower boys like LMH, but Choi Young broke their prejudices. 

And I have read before that LMH read the script and discussed with Ms. Song, he decided to accept this role. The title was changed from "The great Doctor" to "Faith" for him.
LMH didn't get paid, but he didn't sue the director with KHS and the crew. I think that's why KHS said Minho was really really kind- hearted at her interview in other show after years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180813 on duty :

cr as tagged

Cr. 健康美丽0402 via Woodalchis Minoz

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures + the clip. :lol:

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Today is the 6th anniversary of Faith aired.

cr. Minoz_Lucifer via MinHo_Yeah

I was very surprised that CallieP said "He got a lot of criticism for his acting as being wooden." Actually this is the first time I read about "criticism". I read lots of articles admiring his acting in Faith, said he could proved that he's only 25 years old , but he could act with his voice, mood, eyes, expression, Adam's apple, and his whole body. Even someone praised him acting with his every pore.

According to galaxy0401 (she is a senior Minoz, familiar with Korean/Japanese/Chinese), the reason why Ms. Song Ji Na chose Lee Min Ho to play Choi Young (according to Ms. Song's website and K-news) :

Ms. Song chose the end of Goryeo and Choi Young, plus the factors of crossing. So she thinks Choi Young, who is familiar with the audience, she doesn't need to re-paint again. She chose Choi Young, a decadent general who was tired of the world and had no desire to fight. However, the Korean audience is familiar with the heroic and loyal Choi Young, who is afraid that her "Choi Young" will not be accepted by the audience. She needs an actor who convinces her "Choi Young" to the audience. She thought of Lee Min Ho. So in September last year, when the outline was completed, the first one she sent was to Min Ho. The first reason is that Lee Min Ho's appearance is suitable for the general. The tall figure and the staunch face also took the hunter's experience of martial arts. But the above are all attached conditions. Choi Young, who is written by Ms. Song, is still a general in the bones. And because of the settings of Choi Young's personality, the lines can not be too much. The actor who plays Choi Young should use a limited number of lines to express, "Although he was born noble, but for some reason, he became a general of a wandering warrior." Therefore, Ms. Song took a fancy to Lee Min Ho’s acting style. Song's evaluation of Lee Min Ho has a pair of "doing romance" eyes. Not only must you express feelings other than lines, but you can even express "mouth is not the heart." And it will also be expressed in body language, "naturally noble aristocratic temperament and the mighty temperament of the general." An actor wants to use the scriptwriter to give his gorgeous lines to modify himself, basically anyone can. But you can only express yourself with a limited number of lines, and there is a "real" behind the limited lines, and it is not easy to convince the audience and touch the audience. If that character is not the character in the audience's common sense, it will be harder.

But Minho played Choi Young very successfully, I don't think he got the best actor award just because he's popular and famous. His acting was really good enough to get the award and he really got lots of talented and senior female fans through Faith in Korea/Japan/Big China Area, some of them even didn't like kind of flower boys like LMH, but Choi Young broke their prejudices. 

And I have read before that LMH read the script and discussed with Ms. Song, he decided to accept this role. The title was changed from "The great Doctor" to "Faith" for him.
LMH didn't get paid, but he didn't sue the director with KHS and the crew. I think that's why KHS said Minho was really really kind- hearted at her interview in other show after years.

***gtLmh, wow, time flies so fast. So, it's been (6) years now. :lol:

• Like 2

Hi @CallieP, thanks for the background story on Faith. I've read previously about the misfortunes and challenges the staff encountered on the show, including the suicide of its director. So I was surprised to learn that Faith is LMH's favorite drama (even that he didn't get paid for it! I am told that he mentioned about it being his favorite drama during his latest FM, although I haven't watched the whole FM video yet.) But despite all that and its low ratings, I've also learned that a lot of Minoz like this drama, mostly on a personal and emotional level.

I came across this FB post months ago, and I think it was the reason why I decided, of all LMH's dramas, to skim through Faith. It's also about the writer of Faith, Ms. Song, saying very nice words on LMH's acting and attitude. After reading it, I had such high respects for Minho's craft, as well as his personality.

***

Translation of Faith's writer Song's comments about Minho's acting and his attitude

==================================
Normally, under such atrocious shooting conditions, even veteran actors are prone to do a rough job, but he was developing his acting steadily even in that circumstances.
Not to mention his acting with his eyes. And he scores<shows(?)> the accurate emotions of his character at any scene.
I thought he is very meticulous and has every calculation inside while looking loose outside.
When I watched his eyes in the Jeong Dong Haeng Seong fighting scene in episode 22, I thought, 'He has become Choi Young completely. I lost to him.'
He really did a great job in that scene despite adverse conditions!
Acting of being confused? and feeling of emptiness.
Frankly, I was surprised at that such a young actor at his age could express such internal emptiness!
It goes without saying his eyes toward a woman... a writer can get a free ride with such an actor like him!

[Anna's comment: I translated this sentence somewhat literally, but I'm sure you'll understand. She meant Minho's eyes can make writing love stories much easier for a writer.]

===================================
While I set up a character and give an actor the lines and settings, it is the actor himself that makes the character real.

It is the Choi Young that the actor Lee Min Ho made himself. ^^

◆ About actor Lee Min Ho who I worked with lately.

Even at a young age, he was an actor who will listen to his shortcomings and imperfections rather than merits and praises.
As he is a rare young actor who speaks "I'm short of this and that" with his own mouth, I don't worry about him.
To such an actor, I think his fans could say, "You are short of this and please make efforts for it" on their own.

===================================
[Anna's comment: This was a part of chatting with her fans before airing of the last episode of Faith]

◆ About his next role

I hope that Minho will act a more psychological thing rather than a romcom whoever his costar(an actress) will be.
I think Minho will do well a very painful character in a melodrama... like Heathcliff.
Actually, I had put 'Die Leiden des jungen Werthers' into the basis of the Choi Young character.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=118736655318510&amp;id=100015465282535

***

***

This post is for those who have deep affection for Faith and Choi Young Daejang. ^^

Faith's writer Song Ji-Na wrote a couple of posts about Minho on her homepage in 2012.

As far as I remember, the title of the first post was "Talks behind Lee Min Ho's back".

But she didn't have any negative connotations about the title. I clarify it in advance in order that her intention might not be distorted in the translation of the title. It was just a play on words.

She wrote her impression about Minho without his knowing. And lots of Minho and Faith fans were grateful to her and happy for her post.

I translated only Minho-related part of that post.

The original post was written on an early day of Faith airing, but I cannot recall the exact date. The original post was deleted long ago, so I can't check.

==============================

Frankly speaking, I never watched Minho's past works before.

After I joined the Faith production team and wrote some initial scripts, the director and the SBS chief PD in the drama department brought up Minho's name.

So I said to them, "Please give me some time." And then I watched through 'Personal Taste', and 'City Hunter' for a few days.

After watching his works I sent a text message to those two people. "I heard that he was young, but he can express love with his eyes, Aha..."

At our first meeting, my greatest concern was whether he could act with Hee-Sun as a couple or not.

Their age gap is as many as 10 years, so I worried about it, of course.

He came in black... And I felt 'Um? Well, it seems that they can make it...'

Then I made up various stories instantly in my head, matching up this and that.. Wow..

The more I imagined stories, the more I felt thrilled without knowing it precisely.

The next time when we met was the character meeting held in my work room. We talked about Choi Young's character written previously in the initial scripts.

In a case like that, I usually talk to the actor repeatedly and lead him to talk.

In my opinion, the best character is made from the genuine traits of the actor, only spiced a little by the writer.

Sometimes I can find the actor's character and charms which even the actor himself doesn't realize yet. And that is the writer and the director's job.

However, though we talked for quite a long time, it was hard for me to catch them from him at first... (Yep. I remind you, this is 'talks behind his back'...)

I could see only his well-mannered and decent aspects. I provoked him, and tried to make him angry...

But he just laughed "hehe", and blinked those big eyes of his repeatedly... -_-;;

And then something hit me... ^^ That has become Choi Young now.

(He may want to protest, saying "how can this be me?". But you did look like this to me, so now what?)

(I caught tiredness, loneliness, languidness, or whatever hidden behind his courteous smiles.)

And then, I totally changed the Choi Young part from the previous scripts to what we have now. (The previous Choi Young character was somewhat more macho and tougher.)

There were many features of him I want to show you fans.

For example, on the script reading session over 3-4 hours, he and the acting teacher practiced together including screaming, and he was in distress even pulling his hair with his reddened face.

He was in deep agony screaming "Ahhhhhhh~~" and folding his long body to the extent of falling from a chair.

Nevertheless, after that, he laughed his typical "hehe" laughs, and so on.

It was a pity that only I could see him at that time, but what could I do?

Ahhh.. I remember the day when the production team and I met Hee-Sun and Minho together for the first time. ^^

We were so pleased to death with seeing them sitting side by side.

I thought, 'Wow, it feels like matchmaking. Should we make them bow to each other?' or something like that.

Those two actors seemed to be match-made in heaven since their first meeting. On that day, seeing those two I could not help smiling inside.

I even thought that they could make their love story on their own even if I wrote rough scripts. What a relief...

Dear Minho, now sleep-deprived and busy shooting... I read an interview saying he already lost 7kg weight.

Please sleep and eat like Choi Young as much as possible on your own and I hope you will endure a long shooting schedule like a marathon. Fighting~!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=117892685402907&amp;id=100015465282535

***

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, syntyche said:

In my opinion, the best character is made from the genuine traits of the actor, only spiced a little by the writer.

Sometimes I can find the actor's character and charms which even the actor himself doesn't realize yet. And that is the writer and the director's job.

However, though we talked for quite a long time, it was hard for me to catch them from him at first... (Yep. I remind you, this is 'talks behind his back'...)

I could see only his well-mannered and decent aspects. I provoked him, and tried to make him angry...

But he just laughed "hehe", and blinked those big eyes of his repeatedly... -_-;;

And then something hit me... ^^ That has become Choi Young now.

(He may want to protest, saying "how can this be me?". But you did look like this to me, so now what?)

(I caught tiredness, loneliness, languidness, or whatever hidden behind his courteous smiles.)

And then, I totally changed the Choi Young part from the previous scripts to what we have now. (The previous Choi Young character was somewhat more macho and tougher.)

Thanks for posting this!  The Choi Young that everyone loves is LMH's Choi Young.  It would not be the same with any other actor.  So even though the drama might start out a little weird (low production values, hard-to-believe powers, ancient history), there is LOTS of good stuff to come!

tumblr_p5ow7cHtuN1w2zf0ho2_500.png

By the way,  Anna Jo (Facebook) is @zinnia here on Soompi.  It's worth looking through all her posts for her translations. :)

Talking about Faith at the 2017 fan meeting:

On 2/23/2017 at 1:37 AM, zinnia said:

Some lucky fans came up to the stage for receiving presents on the first day of fanmeeting, and the MC asked those fans which project of Minho's made them his fan. Surprisingly, all of them answered coincidentally 'Faith'. At that Minho said he wondered why many fans picked Faith as their favorite despite its low rating.

On the second day, Minho originally planned to make a little change in the first section, but the wrong script was handed to him. It was the same one with on the first day. So Minho was a little troubled but he decided to give an impromptu talk without script. He talked about Faith and gave his thoughts about why many fans liked especially Faith among his works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGywNp8pn0

Cr: goodboySR

MH: Ah, then I'll talk about Faith, which I wanted to talk about only to drift away yesterday. [Fans cheered] On a whim. Actually, I was curious. Though I don't mean to say that Faith was turned away by the TV viewers, it was not loved very much. [Fans protested] Nevertheless, why on earth do my fans keep saying that they got a lot of consolation and healing from it despite that? I don't know what you're thinking, but I guess that the character of Choi Young has the substance we seek for a person while we're living in this world and age. Therefore, regardless of gender, Choi Young is the kind of person I can believe in. I can have the faith that he will understand me, accept me, and stand by me silently. So I think many fans might have their wounds healed by this character of mine. I also realized many things through shooting this drama. Did I guess right?

[Fans clapped]

MH: (1:40) Frankly speaking, I don't think I can live like Choi Young. I still have many days to come to live for in the future. Though I have doubts whether I can live consistently like him, I will keep that intention deep in my heart. I will try to live well and become a person like him who can give somebody consolation and quiet comfort merely by being looked at. [Fans clapped]

MH: (2:18) Let's skip to the next topic.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone for all their comments about Faith, started by Syntyche comment and question.

@1ouise  I did not know Anna Jo is Zinnia. I will check her FB. She said she was starting something and I did bookmark her link but there was nothing when I checked and then forgot about it.

After Faith ended many were interested in Song Ji Na writing a book about Faith which she did and someone I know did buy her book. I think there were several books but I saw the first book. Many Faith fans also asked it to be translated in English. I did sign the petition but nothing came out of it. Not enough demand to encourage an English version, I guess.

She did an interview and there were 8 or 9 parts which someone translated for us. I remember she said that at the part where CY faced off the soldiers at the 22nd episode or something, LMH was CY. That was praise for him from Song Ji Na. She did make other comments but not much that I could remember about LMH so Syntyche your translation by Anna Jo is much better and  there is more about LMH in this translation that I never knew about so it was an interesting read. Thank you.

CarolynH, " why did LMH select Faith?" I remember he announced that he found a drama that excited him. He was given the script and read a few pages and could not put it down. He was totally sold on the script and he wanted to do it.  That was the first time that I heard that he was going to do a new drama.

GTLMH0622, I read those comments in Dramabeans. In the end, I signed up to comment as well in defense of LMH, that I did not think he was wooden. Some readers agreed with me. There was another criticism that he did not have the gravitas for such a role. He was not tough or manly enough for a general like Choi Young. Since Choi Young is a real person in history. That his hands were soft, etc, etc. If I can find it again, I will send the link. Finally, I found Joonni blog where everyone loved Faith. There was another site that was critical of LMH and Faith too. Forgot the name of that blog. Dramabeans liked it at first but as time went on the criticisms increased by readers and by DB.

More on Faith history: It backs up what I had written yesterday.

Taken from Wikipedia:-

Production and trivia

"Faith" was ’90s drama queen Kim Hee-sun comeback project, her first TV appearance in five years after her marriage and childbirth.

The production of "Faith" was riddled with problems. The initial budget was 10 billion won (about 10 million USD). But the series got its budget slashed, and was pushed back multiple times because of the leading man. The drama was announced in 2009 with Lee Joon-gi as a main lead. However the actor had to be replaced because he was drafted in the army. Born in 1982, Lee would normally have time to enlist until the end of 2010. But he received his papers early, shortly after beginning his new film project. This forced him to drop "Faith", as well as his horse-racing movie Grand Prix, which had already begun shooting. Lee had tried to postpone enlistment to finish these two projects by the end of the year, but was unable to do so.[20]

He was replaced by Kang Ji-hwan (Coffee House) who, however, had to withdraw after a request by the Entertainment Management Association because of his ongoing contract dispute and legal fight with his former and current management companies.[21] The antagonist, Kim Seung-Soo, also left, with the majority of the original cast at that time. This was a severe blow to the budget, as 10 million won had reportedly been spent on promotion with Kang as the lead.[22] Actors like Oh Ji-ho and Lee Sang-yoon were considered for the main role, before finally deciding for Lee Min-ho.[23] It seems that at that time the story itself was rewritten to some extent. A released trailer with Kang Ji-hwan showed a different atmosphere, much darker, more epic and dramatic than what was finally filmed.[24]

Filming for "Faith" began May 24, 2012 and it aired from August 13, 2012 to October 30, 2012/ The ratings were mediocre but rarely dropped below 10%.

On October 19, a little before the end, the news was published that Philip Lee (who played dr.Jang Bin), sustained an eye injury and had to pull out of the drama. The injury did not arise during drama filming, but because he was scheduled for surgery next week he wouldn’t be able to continue shooting. Many viewers agreed that "It’s too bad that he leaves so close to the drama’s finale without getting to be a part of it. On the other hand, it’s both fortunate for the drama and a damn shame for him that he’s barely a presence in the show to begin with, despite the setup hinting at a much meatier role." [25]

The writer Song Ji-Na uploaded the original script on her website and it was obvious that there were considerable changes in the final product, some of them because of lack of money. However, Faith had financial problems almost from its start and they didn't finish after the drama wrapped. Six months after the end of its airing, many of the cast and crew of that drama had not been paid, The acting, editing, and producing salaries which hadn't been paid amounted to 1.7 billion won. Drama producer and direction Kim Jong-hak, whose credits include Eyes of Dawn, Sandglass, Daemang (2002) and Legend (2007), was accused of double-contracting the Faith OST rights (to two separate companies) in the fall of 2012 became the subject of a police investigation for embezzlement and breach of trust. Kim was sued in February 2013 under the charge that he had embezzled 2 billion for personal use and summoned by police for ongoing investigation. He took his own life in July 23, 2013, by carbon dioxide, in a gositel room.[26][27][28] This tragic death and many of the "ills" of Korean dramas have been attributed to the outsourcing of production to independent companies which struggle to cover the exhorbitant cost of writers and stars.[29]

The original trailer with Kang Ji Hwan. This is a longer trailer.

The one I saw previously is different. It is shorter and has 3D-like effects but I can't find it.

I found another one. Never seen this before

• Like 5

On 8/21/2017 at 9:41 AM, Kris Silva said:

Hi Minoz,

First of all I would like to thank everyone for keeping this thread busy ..... making missing LMH more bearable. I mainly just lurk and doesn't has anything interesting to share. This is why I appreciated every posts here. The reason I decided to delurk is wanting to share my view point on acting award. I don't believe ones popularity or high status can influences the outcome of acting award. Otherwise we'll see many acting awards being handed out to popular idols. Others may think I am being bias but I truely believe Minho deserve all the acting awards he received. I used to be an anti-kdrama person but thanks to Minho he has changed my perspective.  When I have more time I'll come back and share how I became kdrama fan because of Minho.  Until then hope everyone enjoys this thread as much as I do.

Edited by happivirus
Tagged by accident
  • Like 6

8 Male Celebrities Who’ve Completely Transformed Their Bodies Since Debuting

5. Lee Minho

In his rookie days, Lee Minho certainly went for a much slimmer, prettier look.

1HtjWE9KZ-ySjtbzGThQMsTABa2M3zgJoIg8Fh38

Now, he’s turned into a hunky Hallyu star!

CKaDIbXJtEKu3oT2p-dZCedfLcit6vkmJ8F1tuvg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 7

@1ouise, I did not know that Anna Jo is @zinnia here on Soompi. Her FB posts are very interesting. I will try to go over her posts here.

@Calliep, thanks for sharing the videos/trailers. Now that's the "cinematic look" I was talking about. In fact, it's even on 3D. At first, I thought that the low production value of Faith was because of the available technology then. But CH was able to get that cinematic look, despite being filmed before Faith. So Faith must really have had budget issues. It's sad that it went through such dilemmas, and Minho had to endure it. But I guess him knowing that his fans actually loved the drama is a huge consolation on his part. By that, I think he's already managed to "become a person like him (Choi Young) who can give somebody consolation and quiet comfort merely by being looked at."

• Like 6