Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

cr:  YukidiCa

One of my favorite scenes from ep 10.  LMH/HJJ is so cute!:heart:

Spoiler

LBS ep 10

Another good episode.  The Joseon scenes are becoming so sad.  Even though Shi Ah is annoying, HJJ could be a little nicer to her.  I loved Yoo na telling HJJ that he is unemployed heehee.  So, HJJ's mother called adjussi's wife and asked about him occasionally.  Why couldn't see spy on HJJ from afar?  (yeah I'm back on my soapbox)  Here it is--cute cute drunk HJJ.  I just want to hug drunk HJJ:heart:That cute laugh:tounge_wink: HJJ looks handsome at lunch at the Cha's .  It is rather sad for SC learning that her love is a conman.  Tae Oh is so cute trying to divert Shi Ah from entering her house.  SC is so disappointed in HJJ.  How did SC leave the house without HJJ knowing?  The last scene doesn't make sense with HJJ running aimlessly in the city looking for SC; it reminds me of Kim Tan running around in ES's new hometown in Heirs (ep 17?).  I wonder why the PD decided not to continue the epilogues?  Time constraints?  I know a lot of viewers liked them.  

Happy Labor Day weekend to my US chingus!   Is it confirmed that Kakao M acquired MYM?   

• Like 3

On 8/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho, Hyun Bin, and Park Seo-joon's Management Agencies, Nearing Acquisition by Kakao M

Kakao M, an affiliate of Kakao's general content, to take over MYM Entertainment, which is affiliated with actor Lee Min-ho.

"Kakao M recently proposed it to MYM Entertainment and there are positive stories going on," said multiple entertainment industry sources on the 27th. 

MYM Entertainment is a one-man management agency established in 2016 under the co-chairing system of Lee Min-ho's pro-sister and chairwoman Lee Yoon-jung of Seoul and Star House Entertainment CEO Jang Young-hoon.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/052/0001335577

Is that a good thing @syntyche?

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, MsDot2 said:

LOTBS, Ep. 9

I really enjoyed this episode, too. In addition to the scene with his father, I liked the shopping trip where they're setting up their mark.  And the discomfort they all feel in the car talking about a con man. My favorite, though, is after he sees his father. He says some really mean things to SC but she knows he's really hurting. The scene between HJJ and SC where he cries is so sweet, sad and moving. My husband was watching this with me and commented that LMH's nonverbals are really outstanding and what good instincts he has as an actor. And I laugh every time when HJJ later denies he cried, but SC assures him that he can tell her anything and she'll forget, and then he kisses her. Lovely.

Totally agree with your comments on this episode.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 5:08 AM, syntyche said:

Aaand our boy is in the phase of romantic love, as he giddily prepares her breakfast. Love his slight smile upon seeing her photo on Tae Oh's phone. And sends it to himself! Hah. And love the part, too, when he secretly admires her photo on his phone.  :wub:

Really enjoyed your comments for this episode. Just perfect. Thanks @syntyche

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Is it confirmed that Kakao M acquired MYM?   

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

Kakao M has been aggressively acquiring management agencies including MYM. If they are successful in acquiring MYM, LMH would be one of around 80 artists that are handled by Kakao M, together with the other big names in the K-entertainment industry.  We could only hope for the best for LMH's career, whatever turns out with this planned acquisition.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Lindyloo ye, in Korea, there's always a presscon prior the drama's airing. A press conference is an event organized to officially distribute information about the drama & introduce it to the media/people. During the event the cast & the PD answer questions from the media.  They ask them questions on specific topics related to the drama.  This is important as to gain coverage in newspapers, magazines, blogs and on TV news broadcasts. The whole press conference should last no more than 45 minutes, including questions. The writer & producer are not really required to attend but the PD should be there. 

Also, there are dramas in Korea that practice having a "Ritual ceremony" prior the airing of drama – this is a prayer ceremony and wish for the drama to have good fortune. :P

Thank you Willenette- I am really grateful to you for sharing your knowledge.

I saw a YouTube of the ritual ceremony for Gangnam Blues.

Can I ask you another question - I’ve also seen on YouTube some script read throughs with all the cast there- is this usual or is it that only some of them are made public

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CarolynH said:

cr:  YukidiCa

One of my favorite scenes from ep 10.  LMH/HJJ is so cute!:heart:

Hide contents

LBS ep 10

Another good episode.  The Joseon scenes are becoming so sad.  Even though Shi Ah is annoying, HJJ could be a little nicer to her.  I loved Yoo na telling HJJ that he is unemployed heehee.  So, HJJ's mother called adjussi's wife and asked about him occasionally.  Why couldn't see spy on HJJ from afar?  (yeah I'm back on my soapbox)  Here it is--cute cute drunk HJJ.  I just want to hug drunk HJJ:heart:That cute laugh:tounge_wink: HJJ looks handsome at lunch at the Cha's .  It is rather sad for SC learning that her love is a conman.  Tae Oh is so cute trying to divert Shi Ah from entering her house.  SC is so disappointed in HJJ.  How did SC leave the house without HJJ knowing?  The last scene doesn't make sense with HJJ running aimlessly in the city looking for SC; it reminds me of Kim Tan running around in ES's new hometown in Heirs (ep 17?).  I wonder why the PD decided not to continue the epilogues?  Time constraints?  I know a lot of viewers liked them.  

Happy Labor Day weekend to my US chingus!   Is it confirmed that Kakao M acquired MYM?   

LBS Ep 10.

I thought this episode really showed LMH’s great acting skills. The scene with the little girl Yoo-Na where she was saying she was invisible to people and no -body cared if she was at school or not and you could tell by JJ’s face how much he identified with the little girl- the scene in the earlier episode where as a child he was crying ill in bed and was ignored and then no one caring when he left home- I thought the emotion and empathy with Yoo-Na was all there in his face. Then the drunk scene- I was thinking back through his dramas and can’t remember him having much opportunity to play a comedy scene. He does this scene so well I hope he does more comedic scenes in future.  His face when the reveal of her being a mermaid comes was so full of shock and then the running scenes when the memories come crowding in so fast and furious that he doesn’t know what to do with himself and can hardly cope- what wonderful acting without a word being said. The writer of this drama Park Ji-eun must have been thrilled to see what he did with her script. 

It’s no wonder KES wanted him for her new drama and said he was an actor she could trust.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, syntyche said:

Kakao M has been aggressively acquiring management agencies including MYM. If they are successful in acquiring MYM, LMH would be one of around 80 artists that are handled by Kakao M, together with the other big names in the K-entertainment industry.  We could only hope for the best for LMH's career, whatever turns out with this planned acquisition.

Do you think MYM can reject the acquisition or they welcome it?

@Lindyloo421Thanks for the wishes for Labor Day. I could not find the Heir's parody that you were referring to on page 1759.

BS Ep 10.

I thought this episode really showed LMH’s great acting skills. The scene with the little girl Yoo-Na where she was saying she was invisible to people and no -body cared if she was at school or not and you could tell by JJ’s face how much he identified with the little girl- the scene in the earlier episode where as a child he was crying ill in bed and was ignored and then no one caring when he left home- I thought the emotion and empathy with Yoo-Na was all there in his face. Then the drunk scene- I was thinking back through his dramas and can’t remember him having much opportunity to play a comedy scene. He does this scene so well I hope he does more comedic scenes in future.  His face when the reveal of her being a mermaid comes was so full of shock and then the running scenes when the memories come crowding in so fast and furious that he doesn’t know what to do with himself and can hardly cope- what wonderful acting without a word being said.

Totally agree with your comments about LMH's acting in those scenes. :thumbsup:

bluesea10-00806.jpg

This is my very favorite LMH look with or without glasses. He looks so handsome in this hairstyle and suit.

I love the part where he paces up and down in his house grumbling about SC dressing so sexily after he orders her to change as they were preparing to go to Shi ah's brother's home. Can someone do the GIF of that scene,  please?  Syntyche?

Spoiler

This is a very entertaining episode and LMH rocks here. I loved it when SC was mad at JJ for being late and his expression and his cheekiness when he said he is the owner so he can do what he wants after being a bit guilty for being late for his curfew. Ha! Ha!

The Shi ah and JJ's mom scene is funny, she is upset that the maid is acting like she is the mom in law when Shi ah without knowing really wants to become her daughter in law. Too late, she is no longer mom in law material since she is so nasty to her. Really funny scene.

The first time JJ heard her quiet voice when Yoona came with SC to their home is when he is truly in love with her because the story states that only one in love can hear the mermaid's voice. Aha!

LMH is so cute drunk and he falls a asleep on SC's shoulder. He paid for it the next morning barfing :o

Doesn't JJ look cute dressing up as the real estate magnate going to Jin Jo's home. I like that he asks SC to change and fusses while pacing up and down the living room. One of my favorite scenes, his expression is so cute. The other is the drunk JJ.

I love the pacing of the scenes at Jin Jo's house. His mother is next to him but both never see each other. The egg roll taste familiar but as he turns he only sees her back. When she looks, he is hidden from view. I thought that was a well made scene.

Then Tae Ho has to tell Shi ah that he loves her to keep her away from the house. Tae Ho is adorable here.They barely miss each other as they make the getaway and SC realizes her loved one is a con artist. He hears her now and knows her secret, that she is a mermaid. Somehow at the end all his memories past and present comes tumbling out. How does that happen? How did he manage to recall his memories of her?

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

CallieP it’s page 1759 on The Heirs thread on Soompi. The thread is headed up as Drama  2013 The Heirs. It’s in a post towards the bottom by giselle-tw. Hope you can find it as it is lovely to see LMH so happy - and handsome.

Ah Thank you, I thought it was LMH Soompi not Heirs Soompi        :D                                                                     

• Like 1

LMH in LOTBS episode 10:

Thanks for all the comments!!

Another great episode!  Many different emotions for HJJ, which LMH showed perfectly with his eyes and face.  You are right, @Lindyloo421, very nuanced acting!  :heart:  

Yoo-na is too adorable.

tumblr_px4in6AI2r1w2zf0ho1_540.png

JJ starts to hear SC's voice.

tumblr_px4in6AI2r1w2zf0ho2_540.png

The "mind-reading" conversation was so intense.

Spoiler

tumblr_px4in6AI2r1w2zf0ho4_540.png

Filled with emotion, JJ is frantic after SC slips away.

tumblr_px4in6AI2r1w2zf0ho5_540.png

I think I need to watch episode 11 right now!!! 

• Like 6

On 8/31/2019 at 3:48 AM, CallieP said:

I read that KaKao M didn't manage those companies they bought, each company still be operated under it's original name and system.

Spoiler

Only IU is under KaKao M, and all other celebrities still under their own companies bought by KaKao M.

One thing will be good for LMH is helping him to get better resources of K-movies. Heard that different from K-dramas, the resources of K-movies are holding by several big companies, such a small company like MYM can not get good resource, even though he is a top actor in K-dramas, but he is still new in K-movies. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I read that KaKao M didn't manage those companies they bought, each company still be operated under it's original name and system.

Reveal hidden contents

Only IU is under KaKao M, and all other celebrities still under their own companies bought by KaKao M.

One thing will be good for LMH is helping him to get better resources of K-movies. Heard that different from K-dramas, the resources of K-movies are holding by several big companies, such a small company like MYM can not get good resource, even though he is a top actor in K-dramas, but he is still new in K-movies. 

Thanks for this info, @gtLmh0622.

13 hours ago, CallieP said:

Do you think MYM can reject the acquisition or they welcome it?

There is one management agency Kakao M planned to acquire, but negotiations broke down. As for MYM, multiple sources in the entertainment industry say that there are positive comments going around about the planned acquisition. 

• Like 6

jiCL4xo.gif

Spoiler

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Quite convincing way for Dam Ryeong to send his message to Joon Jae. Sending a plain message wouldn't make as much impact as a portrait of him with such uncanny resemblance as Joon Jae. It was enough for Joon Jae to question if Dam Ryeong is really him.

sV2BooI.gif

I also love Joon Jae's expression when he comes home late and tells Sim Cheong that the curfew doesn't apply to him. I also like his slight smile when she tells him she'll stare at him all night. Such a cutie when he smiles. :P

8j8CLmQ.gif

QczjI6v.gif

Funny scene when Joon Jae runs from room to room looking for Sim Cheong, it seems, but then he tells Nam Doo he's looking for Tae Oh, who is right there. "Are you a real con artist or not? Why are you so bad at lying?" :D He's really not quite himself when it comes to Sim Cheong.

J1vbEzZ.gif

Haha, not does Yoo Na call him ajusshi again (first time was when he's in pilot disguise), but she also calls him unemployed. Again, his facial expressions are on point, and amusing. :P

HXwIIMK.gif

He hears her real voice for the first time! And Yoo Na being there was just right timing, as he could confirm that he does hear her voice, but not everybody can!

UBdWMYj.gif

K9Eeh3l.gif

Oh drunk Heo Joon Jae, can't you get any more adorable? For someone who doesn't quite drink, LMH was able to pull of the scene and make it one of the most memorable ones and (memorable character) of this drama!

EsRYH7n.gif

@CallieP, as you requested, the gif of Joon Jae pacing up and down waiting for Sim Cheong and making her change. :) He must be nervous about involving her in their con, even so when he sees her in a short skirt.

CPXp0xk.gif

Oooh the close encounter with his mom! I also think the scene in Jin Joo's house was well-executed that mother and son didn't meet. Such calls for a more dramatic setting.

Uu32bdN.gif

It's interesting that Joon Jae learns about Sim Cheong being a mermaid through her 'real voice.' Just when we thought that that's the major secret ought to be revealed at the latter part of the drama, a new question intrigues the audience - why does he hear her 'real voice?'

TV89Tr6.gif

When he storms out of the house to look for her, it seems that passing by his doorstep triggered his memory of seeing Dae Young in disguise as a police officer one rainy night. Then he remembered all other memories and dreams from the Joseon era, which seem now to fall into place and make sense. Maybe the mermaid revelation was the missing piece for everything to add up. 

9xugpXC.gif

I agree how LMH perfectly executed this scene with only his body language and not uttering a word. We could feel the sense of urgency to find Sim Cheong, as Joon Jae remembered Dam Ryeong's words on protecting her from the dangerous person. We could also see him get overwhelmed by all the memories and the forgotten ones which come rushing back, which finally reveal the truth. 

• Like 7

13 Actors And Actresses Who Always Pick Good Roles

Don’t you just hate it when you have high expectations for a K-drama and then it ends up not being as exciting as you thought it would be? We’ve all been there, and it can be so disappointing. But then there are certain actors and actresses who pick and choose to be in amazing K-dramas that we can almost guarantee will be good. It’s definitely not the case with all of them, but the ones who are on this list have definitely proven to us time and time again that their series are worth the wait and the watch.

Lee Min Ho

Notable K-dramas: “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” “Heirs,” “Faith,” “City Hunter,” “Personal Taste,” “Boys Over Flowers

Lee-Min-Ho1-768x512.jpg

What people don’t know about Lee Min Ho is that he struggled as a young actor for several years before his big breakout role as Goo Jun Pyo in “Boys Over Flowers.” A lot of the roles he had previous to this series were small and supporting roles at best. However, once he landed the role in “Boys Over Flowers,” he catapulted in fame and became known all over Asia and around the world.

Since then, Lee Min Ho has done a great job of picking versatile roles and scripts that were all pretty different from each other. He doesn’t pick series that are at all similar and has done pretty much every genre there is from action, to historical, to melodramatic. The best part of this is that the stories are refreshingly unique.

Lee-Min-Ho-gif.gif

(skipped unrelated)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1346713wpp/13-actors-and-actresses-who-always-pick-good-roles

• Like 5

LOTBS, ep 10

I'm late posting my thoughts on this episode, but it gave me a chance to read everyone else's comments first!  I agree that we saw some first-rate acting from LMH in this episode, much of it nonverbal. He's really a master at showing thoughts and emotions without a word. I generally don't like drunk scenes but he was quite funny. And it was such a tease when she got drunk and was about to reveal her secret but then suddenly sobered up due to her mermaid's constitution. He was especially gorgeous to look at as the financier; all his con man scenes have been great. I liked the scene where he reveals he's a con man, quite defiantly. And then gets more than he bargained for when he learns her secret. Lastly, I'm glad he (finally) has all of his memories back, feeling the full impact of how much he cares (and has cared) for her.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2019 at 5:31 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you Willenette- I am really grateful to you for sharing your knowledge.

I saw a YouTube of the ritual ceremony for Gangnam Blues.

Can I ask you another question - I’ve also seen on YouTube some script read throughs with all the cast there- is this usual or is it that only some of them are made public

Hi Lindyloo a "table read or script-reading" or a rehearsal is usually done prior filming of K-dramas. It is a common first rehearsal activity. This is to get them accustomed to the fact that they're there, the role is theirs, they were chosen for a reason, and they're going to be putting on a show. It's usually the director's first opportunity to have the whole cast together at the same time. ... They’re also the director’s first chance to hear the show out loud from beginning to end. PDs describe his vision for the show there.  He talks why he chose the script, and why he chose this set of actors. For an actor/s, the table read is an opportunity to hear the story as a whole and to understand their character’s role in the story. Actors are not there to “act.” They are only asked to just read the script. This is not an audition, this isn’t a show, it’s a reading.  There will be lots of time for acting later, anyway. That's why, they should read their lines clearly. They need to focus on reading the words on the page. PD has to coach the cast to slow down if they’re going too fast. All cast including writer/s, DOPs, etc. are usually invited to be there (set design, costume design, props, etc.).  The writer/s has to be present as much as possible so that they can hear how it plays. So that they can discuss it after and do a “punch-up” for dialogue or for comedy. Script coverage is the analysis of a screenplay that touch on what works and what doesn't work within the script — everything from concept, story, characters, dialogue, pacing, and structure to marketability are discussed there.  Actors read through the script aloud. Script-reading is always fun, although it's work-time!  Here, you are building a team for the first meeting. :P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, syntyche said:

as you requested, the gif of Joon Jae pacing up and down waiting for Sim Cheong and making her change. :) He must be nervous about involving her in their con, even so when he sees her in a short skirt.

Thank you, that is exactly what I wanted. I just love that look on his face as he turns after SC goes back to the room to change.

• Like 1