Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

A post on Weibo today by 百合乃禾 to analyze Minho's acting. She is a doctor and LMH's fan. Sorry that I'm busy on works, so I used translator with some modifications.

https://www.weibo.com/1893491274/J5bPc2cd1?type=comment

Analyze Minho's micro-expression performance. I've analyzed Minho's micro expressions in LOTBS, and part of the analysis was devoted to the asymmetry of the left and right facial expressions. Let's start by explaining why we have a split face. The reason for this asymmetry is that the cross brain controls the expression of the left and right faces in humans. The left brain dominates the right face, and the right brain dominates the left face. Since the left side of the brain is primarily responsible for logic, and the right side of the brain is primarily responsible for emotion, this leads to the phenomenon that the right side of the face is the result of rational thought, in other words, processing. In other words, the left side of our face is more direct and not deceptive. Observing Minho's performance on this basis, we will find that his expression changes, sometimes appearing on the left face, sometimes appearing on the right face, which implies a meaning worth exploring. For example, with Gon's cousin in Prince Buyeong's study room, the king was silent to listen but before he began to speak, a minor change in the left face has two: left eyebrow lifting, on the left side of the lip Angle left for a moment, the pie mouth very subtle, I even in a moment he withdraw his lips, only to find that his lip Angle change. On a micro expression, the raised eyebrow is a sign of surprise, while the puckered mouth is a sign of unhappiness. It's not just because he's not in the right mood, it's because the expression of the smile pulls the corners of the mouth toward the eyes. And the lip is the corner of the mouth to the ear direction pull. According to what cousin said, we can understand what kind of emotion he expressed: he was both surprised and displeased at the ambition of his cousin, but as the emperor, he would not show obvious sarcasm, that is to say, his reason prevented him from showing this expression, so his right face remained calm. But his emotions are different. Anger and sadness make him want to laugh at cousin's incapacity, which makes the left side of his face appear the above changes. So even if he didn't speak, we can guess what king Gon's thought. I was quite surprised to find this detail because he was acting with the left side of his face. This proves at least two possibilities: first, his emotional brain is really at work during the performance. That is to say, no matter how he understands the role, he will make his emotions close to the role's needs after entering the performance state, so as to naturally transition to micro-expressions. The second is that his micro-expression has been trained to make the left face subject to will rather than emotion. Is that possible? Yes, but it's very difficult. How difficult ? It's like learning to write with your feet. This is because our instincts dictate that the left side of our face is too straight to change overnight. In either case, minho's mastery of acting means a huge amount of work: one minute on stage, ten years off.

In contrast, the dialogue between The king and JTE in episodes 13, JTE said don't be afraid in advance, after all, the door of the two worlds is not closed. Here the king's performance is, looking at TE thoughtfully for a moment, slowly smiled. However, only on the right side. Then, combined with the plot is: the king is worried, TE's comfort let him temporarily put down the worry. But this relaxation, with some unsettled emotions, because he did not really let go of his worry. Why do you think so? Because the right side of the face is logically processed. His left brain, after rational thinking, came to the conclusion that TE is reasonable, has not happened, the probability of its occurrence is temporarily 0, then the current worry is unfounded, not desirable. The left side of his brain was relieved and the right side of his face smiled. But the right side of his brain was less gullible, because his emotions could not accept the possibility, even if it was only one in a million, that he would never see his wife again. This fear of the future, so that he denied TE's words in the feelings, so, the right brain stuck in its own ways, determined not to compromise, even if you say flowers to me will not be deceived, as a result, the left face is still tight. At this time, the asymmetry of the left and right face reflects the heavy worry of The King, which is filled with rich content and very rich texture. And this "texture" means the success of the performance. This kind of success allows the audience not only to feel the emotions of the characters, but also to feel what lies behind them, without the need for words to gild the lily. This is why I like to turn off the subtitles when watching live: I can simply enjoy Minho's performance, capture those fleeting emotions, and pick up the characters' emotions in the auspicious scenes. That said, Minho's performance of the feast, really called, nanoscale feast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And according to 百合乃禾's replies to comments of her post, LMH's acting is underrated, she wants to write the detail for a basis for fans to praise his acting skills.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Layali said:

I'm not sure why it bothers me but it does. 

Does anyone here know how to contribute/edit to wikipedia? I dont like that LMH pictures on his wikipedia page are so low resolution and really old. Like who chose those pictures? Can we have some recent high resolution up there? is it possible to spruce up his wikipedia pictures? :blush:

Layali, adding your own contributions to Wikipedia - or you can build your own contributions list simply by editing existing pages (click the Edit tab on a page you're interested in contributing to) or creating new pages (for example via the Article Wizard).

Wikipedia is the product of thousands of editors' contributions, each one bringing something different to the table, whether it be: researching skills, technical expertise, writing prowess or tidbits of information, but most importantly a willingness to help. Nobody owns articles so if you see a problem that you can fix, do so. Everyone is encouraged to copy/edit, add content and create new articles if they have knowledge about the topic at hand or are willing to do the necessary research to improve it. Although you should use a broad vocabulary of regular, non-technical terms, do not use words or expressions that many readers may not know. If an article is written in a highly technical manner but the material permits a more understandable explanation, then editors are strongly recommended to rewrite it.

Most images used on Wikipedia are actually on Wikimedia Commons. If you have an image that meets their copyright requirements, please upload it to commons. More information: please visit this - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Free_image_resources :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2020060601000585900037141_20200606085405

"The King" Lee Min-ho, affectionate and mournful acting. 

Lee Min-ho's deepening melodramatic performance has brought "The King"'s affectionate index to its highest level.

In the 14th episode of SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," Lee Min-ho, who plays the role of "Lee Gon," the emperor of the Korean Empire, expressed his absolute love for Kim Go-eun with affection and sorrow, stirring viewers' hearts. Lee Min-ho's deep and rich melodramatic sensibility, which makes one's heart flutter just by looking into his eyes, increased his immersion in the fateful romance that transcends time and space, adding emotion and lingering imagery.

In the previous broadcast, Lee Gon, who traveled 26 years back to the night of treason, was trapped in the past and shared the same space but another time with Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) and waited for a non-promising reunion. Lee Gon and Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) used the 'axis of space' that exists only when the whole flute becomes one, and went to 1994 through their respective portals. Lee Gon saved his younger self by shooting at Lee Rim's men just like in the first episode, and the scene of dropping Tae-eul's ID card also unfolded like a deja vu.

But Lee Gon was locked up in 1994 and can't return to 2020. It was impossible to move time with only half of the flute. Moreover, as the cracks have become more serious than before, he was in a desperate situation where he cannot frequently cross the worlds.

Nevertheless, Lee Gon created a touching sensation by showing that he was the king of pure love, who silently endured 26 years to reach Tae-eul in 2020. In particular, it was heartbreaking and sad for him to try to engrain memories of himself.

"I have to travel through 26 years," he said to five-year-old Tae-eul as she asked who he is. "I'll be there soon. I am on my way to you," he further said to her, who just lost her mother, then gave her a warm pat on her head. In his second meeting with Tae-eul, who became an adult in 2016, he said, "We'll meet again at Gwanghwamun. So then, would you be a little nicer to me? We don't have much time." Also, the scene of him writing, "Please wait a little longer, we're almost there," inside the public phone booth, as he held back his tears, was heartbreaking.

At the end of the broadcast, the fateful encounter between the two in Gwanghwamun, Republic of Korea, in 2019 was expressed more dramatically with a different emotional line than in the first episode.

Lee Gon's heartfelt love story could be completed in more depth through Lee Min-ho. Lee Min-ho gave a warm and friendly look at Kim Go-eun, but his eyes suddenly filled with sadness stimulated the cold emotions of fateful love. In addition, he expressed the loneliness of a character isolated in a different time, in a calm yet dim and mournful mood, thereby touching the viewers. Lee Min-ho, with his more mature eyes, voice and rich expression of emotions, is adding emotions in presenting a fantasy melodrama that is different from his previous works. The 15th episode of SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," will air at 10 p.m. on Saturday, the 6th.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003579760?lfrom=twitter

• Like 10
  • Love 1