Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

9 Moments We Can't Wait To See In Episode 13 Of 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

Why in the world do we only get one ep this week?!

WARNING: *Major* spoilers ahead for Episodes 11 and 12 of The King: Eternal Monarch! Don't read if you haven't seen the latest episodes yet!

You read that right, guys: Only Episode 13 of The King: Eternal Monarch is airing this week, which means we just have to brace ourselves for more heart-stopping cliffhangers. To prep ourselves for tomorrow's episode (yes, Ep 13 was moved from Friday, May 29 to Saturday, May 30 instead), here's a recap of the many MAAAAAJOR events that happened last week:

• Lee Gon and Head Court Lady Noh were overwhelmed with grief after the tragic death of Prince Buyeong.
  • Lee Gon ordered the execution of one of Lee Lim's followersa first in his reign as king.
  • Tae Eul was abducted by Lee Lim's men and brought to the Kingdom. During an intense confrontation between Team Lee Lim and Team Lee Gon, Lee Gon ordered his men to keep Tae Eul safe because SHE'S THE FUTURE QUEEN OF COREA.
  • Back in the Republic, Jo Young bumped into someone who totally looked like Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryung. Finding her super sketch, he followed her car and intentionally crashed into it. When he confronted her about her identity, he was shot by people who were most likely Lee Lim's men. Good thing he's always wearing his bulletproof vest though 'cause our Jo Young is ALIVE.
  • While in Lee Gon's palace, Tae Eul realized that the emotional encounter she had with Lee Gon in front of her house (which happened in Episode 10) was not with present-day Lee Gon, but with his ~future~ self. MAJOR MIND richard simmons.
  • Lee Gon got to spend many intimate moments with Tae Eul in the Kingdom (that ~neck kiss~ tho), but he's heartbroken by the fact that time and their separate worlds are working against them.
  • Yup, I got to hand it to Luna for escaping from the clutches of Lee Lim. GO, GIRL!
  • In a meeting with the Prime Minister, Lee Gon found out that she, like him, gets those ~mysterious burns~ when lightning strikeswhich just proves she crossed the portal.
  • And the ultimate twist of all: Head Court Lady Noh revealed that she's originally from the freakin' REPUBLIC OF KOREA!

What a FANTASTIC turn of events! Well, let's get right into Episode 13 and break down crucial moments from its teaser:

1. Yikes! Shin Jae meets up with Lee Lim…to find out about his ~mysterious~ past, perhaps?

Spoiler

2. Ugh, the Prime Minister actually visits Lee Lim's bookstore hideout?! SKETCH.

tkem13-3-1590724508.jpg

3. And she comes face-to-face with the future ~Queen of Corea~.

tkem13-4-1590724531.jpg

4. Iiiinteresting. Jo Young follows Song Jung Hye, the mom of Lee Gon's doppelganger, Lee Ji Hun.

tkem13-5-1590724558.jpg

5. Wait, who's Shin Jae kissing here? Tae Eul? Luna? It MUST be Luna.

tkem13-6-1590724589.jpg

6. NO! Someone's trying to mess with our bb Eun Seob while he's confined in the hospital!

tkem13-7-1590724612.jpg

tkem13-8-1590724613.jpg

7. Yup, it's confirmed: Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryung is the ~shadiest~ of them all. Here she is with the TRAITOR Lee Lim:

tkem13-9-1590724642.jpg

8. Cute! We'll get some sweet moments between Tae Eul and Lee Gon. (Thank god.)

tkem13-10-1590724661.jpg

9. Finally, Luna contacts Tae Eul. What does she even want??!!

tkem13-11-1590724689.jpg

tkem13-12-1590724689.jpg

New episodes of The King: Eternal Monarch are available on Netflix every Friday and Saturday night at 10:30 p.m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The King: Eternal Monarch" takes its form back, leading hottest dramas rankings

0004214371_001_20200528160004903.jpg?typ

After its "tough rival" "The World of the Married" (JTBC) - the work that received a passionate response - ended last week, "The King: Eternal Monarch" (SBS) has climbed to the first spot among on-air dramas. Although "The King: Eternal Monarch" lost points among viewers right from its first episode, this week's interest in the drama has risen significantly (1.10%). Netizens commented that the latter half of "The King: Eternal Monarch" is better than the former. On the popularity rankings for actors, Kim Go Eun took No.1 while Lee Min Ho was at No.2.

This is the survey result published on May 25, which analyzed factors such as news of the press, blogs and online communities, videos and netizens' reactions on SNS of 21 works which are on and about to broadcast. The survey was conducted by the TV popularity analysis agency Good Data Corporation from May 18 to May 24, 2020.

(skipped unrelated.....)

▶️ https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5

Available at Yes24 

> "The King: Eternal Monarch" Photo Essay set (8 photocards) Price: 31.500 KRW 400pages | 170*230*30mm Release date: June 30. Delivery shipping: July 8.

OVERSEAS SHIPPING AVAILABLE 

http://www.yes24.com/Product/Goods/90406595?scode=029

> Novel 1& 2 (10 photocards) + Photo Essay set (8 photocards) Price: 58,500 KRW 1040pages | 170*230*60mm Release date: June 30. Delivery shipping: July 8.

DOMESTIC SHIPPING ONLY

http://www.yes24.com/Product/Goods/90407437?scode=032&OzSrank=4

>TKEM’s Novel 1 & 2 (include 5 photocards with price 13.500KRW per each novel)

http://www.yes24.com/Product/Goods/90406893?scode=029

http://www.yes24.com/Product/Goods/90407511?scode=029

http://www.yes24.com/Product/Goods/90407143?scode=029

cr: V_PSH18

EZKMjryVAAA4Lp2?format=jpg&name=small

EZKMjryVAAIr1hZ?format=jpg&name=small

EZKMjrzVcAMG2ar?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

*** This is heartbreaking for the viewers who've been waiting for episode 13....but, can't watch it this Friday... What a joke! ^_^

No New Episode of The King: Eternal Monarch on Friday; When Will SBS Return With Chapter 13?

The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13 will probably feature an unexpected attack on Emperor Lee Gon as the teaser images show him in a hospital bed

The King: Eternal Monarch will not return with a new episode on SBS Friday, May 29, at 10 p.m. KST. The telecast of chapter 13 is postponed for the broadcast of 2011 American thriller film Contagion. The episode is rescheduled to air on Saturday, May 30, at 10 p.m. KST and it will continue to focus on the rivalry of Emperor Lee Gon with his uncle Lee Rim.

SBS released a statement explaining the rescheduling of its programs. The broadcasting channel revealed that this special arrangement is made in hopes of increasing the safety awareness of people in the country about novel coronavirus pandemic. This decision is made in the view of the rapid increase in newly confirmed COVID-19 cases in South Korea during the last two days,the SBS spokesperson said in a statement.

On May 28, a total of 79 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed in the country, according to Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). Currently, there are a total of 11,344 confirmed cases in the country, among which 10,340 people have been discharged from isolation.

What to Expect in The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13 and How to Watch it Online?

The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13

Lee Min Ho in The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13. SBS

The followers of this fantasy thriller are curious to know what lies ahead for these two characters in the upcoming episode. Some of the viewers have already come up with several fan theories about this story's ending. The producers of this mini-series also left some clues for the viewers about the conclusion. They released a few behind-the-scenes photos of the last scene that tease time-traveling or a flashback. Read on to know more about it.

New stills of this fantasy thriller hinted at trouble for Lee Gon. One of the images featured him in a hospital bed. Woo Do Hwan is also a part of the scene. Jo Young is sitting beside the King while he is lying unconscious on the hospital bed. The teaser images have increased the curiosity of viewers, and they are eagerly waiting to know what is in store for the King of the Kingdom of Corea.

"What is going on, Your Majesty! Who is the assassin threatening Lee Gon's life? Do not miss the drama on the time this week which will take your eyes by escalating tension," a Twitter user wrote. "I dunno what's happening. And with rumors of Lee Gon's doppelganger being alive that point seems so strange what could be the purpose?," another follower of the SBS fantasy thriller tweeted.

The followers of this mini-series will have to watch the show on Friday to know more about this scene. SBS will air the new episode of this television drama on Saturday, May 30, at 10 p.m. KST. Korean drama lovers can watch the show by either tunning on to SBS or by streaming it on the official website of SBS. Meanwhile, the non-Korean speaking population can watch the 13th episode of this mini-series with sub-titles on Netflix.

The King: Eternal Monarch Ending

The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13

Woo Do Hwan in The King: Eternal Monarch episode 13. SBS

The television drama wrapped up it's filming on Thursday, May 28. The production team released several behind-the-scene photos of the final day of shooting. These images featured a few scenes of Lee Min Ho with Kim Go Eun. After analyzing the stills, some of the eagle-eyed fans have come up with several fan theories about the drama's ending.

A few of the series' followers, like Twitter user Fictional Trash, speculated an opening ending for Lee Gon and his lover detective Jung Tae Eul. "So this is my greatest fear now. I think they won't end up together in the current timeline, so as the final scene we will be presented with their story in the 90s," the person tweeted. While some of the viewers, like Uniconrose, speculated a happy ending for Lee Gon and Tae Eul. "Do I sense a happy ending from the pictures from the fans who were at the filming location?".

Eagle-eyed fans of the SBS drama also came up with theories about time-traveling and flashback scenes. "In their last shooting location, seems like they are back in the past or time travel. The film posters/billboards are films from the 1930s or 1940s so it is most likely they are in a 50s era. They are back in time," a Twitter user wrote. "I'm really confused but I really hope this means a new freaking surprising plot twist and a happy ending," another person tweeted.

credit : https://www.ibtimes.sg/no-new-episode-king-eternal-monarch-friday-when-will-sbs-return-chapter-13-45868

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min-ho, Kim Soo-hyun and Park Bo-gum, The Comeback of Hallyu Originators

photo1189848.jpg

Lee Min-ho, Kim Soo-hyun and Park Bo-gum are coming back to dramas. As Lee Min-ho and Kim Soo-hyun are making their comeback after a long time since they were discharged from the military, attention is being paid to whether their appearance will become a relief for the recently sluggish melodrama.

Lee Min-ho from the KBS drama "Boys over Flowers", SBS's "The Heirs" and SBS's "The Legend of the Blue Sea" came back with the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" on the 17th of April. It's been three years since his discharge from the military. "The King: Eternal Monarch" is a fantasy romance in which Lee Gon, a science-type emperor of the Korean Empire who wants to close the door of a dimension, and Jeong Tae-eul, a Korean detective who wants to protect someone's life, people and love, cooperate across the two worlds.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" was written by Kim Eun-sook, whose recent successful hits are "Goblin" and "Mr. Sunshine", drawing attention since before the drama even came out. Lee Min-ho and Kim Eun-sook have worked on "The Heirs" together.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Hancinema

https://www.hancinema.net/lee-min-ho-kim-soo-hyun-and-park-bo-gum-the-comeback-of-hallyu-originators-141802.html?cachemessagespoiler=1

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

My favorite drama fashion LBS (HJJ-even the itchy lime green sweater!) and the King.

Sigh, looking at the cast photos makes me sad, although at least it won't be another 2+ years until we see LMH in another project.

Carolyn, I guess you're having a separation-anxiety  as this early - hehehe - KUDOS to the cast & crew for working hard on this drama. :blush:

• Like 4

2 Best Romantic Scenes Of K-Dramas Not To Be Missed This Week

Have you been watching dramas these days? If not, you are missing many great scenes! If you like romance, this weekly Kpopmap series is for you as we gather the most heart-fluttering scenes in one place.

Be aware of major spoilers from episodes that aired this week. 

The following scenes are the most romantic scenes to not have missed this week.

1- "The King: Eternal Monarch"

Kim GoEun and Lee MinHo as Jung TaeEul and Lee Gon

Kim GoEun was kidnapped and was wandering in the streets hoping that Lee MinHo would come to save her. He majestically arrived on his horse followed by all his guards ready to kill the bad guys and rescue her.

Kim GoEun was waiting for the one she loves with her weakened and hurt body.

Lee MinHo gave his bloody sword to his bodyguard and ran to her.

They hugged tightly, finally reuniting after a long time.

On a dramatic OST, she cried in his arms.

Kim GoEun: Let me skip the thanks.

Lee MinHo: You're skipping so much.

Kim GoEun: I missed you. I missed you. I missed you.

Lee MinHo: Let's go to the palace.

Kim GoEun fainted and he bridal carried her to the palace.

The-king-eternal-monarch-Lee-minho-kim-g

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/2-best-romantic-scenes-of-k-dramas-not-to-be-missed-this-week/

• Like 4

MYM IG update

‘Let me show you how well I can do~’ Showing off his sword skills as good as he used to be.

Lee Min Ho Romance Best Scene Collection

• Like 5

On 5/28/2020 at 10:39 AM, willenette said:

gtLmh, I very much agree with you - The term they use to refer to the sort of sleep actors are prone to get while on set is “jjok-jam,” which means catching a nap during breaks in filming, but a rather uncomfortable sort of sleep. Because in the case of a 16 episode mini-series, usually a minimum of four episodes needs to be filmed before the drama goes to air, but that really depends on circumstances.Cast members in leading roles have overlapping filming schedules, so they are on an even tighter schedule. Other cast members and staff have to be on standby for filming, and while the production might prefer a smaller cast, they are considered necessary for viewership ratings. Writers are also occasionally late with their scripts; it has become habit to continually edit the script to optimize ratings. Despite the lack of sleep and last-minute script deliveries, the cast are able to keep going for the sake of ratings. For some, this could be a sufficiently sweet reward for lost sleep. :blush:

Hi@willenette- just wanted to say thank you as you always give us a good insight

into the workings of Kr dramas. I can’t imagine what it must have been like for LMH in TKEM if he did get any scripts right before filming as some of his dialogue was really complicated.

• Like 3

What I love about LMH is that each thing he does is better than the last!!

TKEM is now my favorite, but I'm pretty sure his next project will become my new favorite!

I'm getting kinda bugged by people who are saying he has improved SO much.

Yes, he surely is always improving, but he has always been good.

Some people are just now overcoming their prejudice against him.

#AlwaysWithLeeMinHo

35072fbebac7fb50e5cd04d12171ffcaf943fe82

• Like 15
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I'm getting kinda bugged by people who are saying he has improved SO much.

@1ouise I am with you on this. Being his fan for many years and knowing how talented he his as an actor and I got so annoyed for those people only see his talent now are making statement such as his acting only improved after military is such an INSULT to him. All his hard work for many years being disregarded.  How do they think he kept his star power for this long? Do they think through lucks?

This is my personal takes:

Minoz:

Fangirling over his looks and talents.  But with great respect. Through many of his projects they knew his subtle acting shines brightly through his eyes. Even without dialogue it delivered and captured strong emotion that not many actors able to do. His talent is on a whole different level even at a young age, as early as early 20s, good example being shown in BOF. critics and alike acknowledge his early talent. As years pass for each character he portrayed comes alive and captured his viewer's heart because of his solid charisma.

Haters:

By using cheap skate statement or rumors to drag his name down. As pity as they are they constantly using his look as an excuse to down play his talent. Spreading false rumors to lessen his star power. Some only watch one or two of his show  making judgement base on their opinion as fact. Such as claiming he only do rich characters with no acting range.  LOL! 

Generally public:

Mix opinion on his talent. Some might be swayed by haters following along with their statement without giving him a fare opinion. Some might watch his show and able to see his talent especially through his eyes acting power.

The hardest part to overcome is his on camera appearances, especially the closed up shot of his face;

1) he has such BEAUTIFUL face and most of the time people get lost in story lines. Hence some may not look closely at his facial expression or his eyes emotion. 

2) those able to overlook his appearance can see he isn't just a pretty face and learn to appreciate him more.

Overall LMH star power and staying power isn't by luck or look alone but with amazing talent. He deserve the name  Hallyu King! 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1