Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I read a theory on Weibo today. Don't know if there's same theory on "The King" thread. (I have given up to follow that thread for almost 500 posts per day. )

Who knows that the boss of book store got a gun shot on his left shoulder before.
1. the savior with mask

2. Lee Rim
3. the boss himself

4. other minions of Lee Rim

Child LG was wounded and fainted, he couldn't see what happened when Lee Rim and his minions were running away. So the savior must be Lee Gon himself.

But Lee Gon has not gone back to 1994, why he know the gun shot ? Is this LG from the future ?
After Lee Gon hold the ring at the frozen time and told his co-captain he would leave for several days, he should go to the between-world-area. Lee Gon we saw after that was all future Lee Gon coming beck including destroyed the book store, calculating the frozen time on the board, save JTE, and beheaded kiss. 
But how 2 LG relay without mistakes ? Maybe 2 LG already met each other and future LG told the secret of the flute to LG.
The evidence is after JTE was saved and on LG's bed, LG told JTE : If the door is closed, I will open the door of whole universe to see you. Same as LG told JTE that he's coming through the universe when he went to see her and gave her flower. That's only future LG can know and do it. 

It seems a very reasonable theory. :P

the theory of Lee Gon being from the future absolutely sold me, Lee Gon at the end of ep10 is definitely from the future. I also believe in the theories that say Lee Gon will be stuck in a loop hence the "eternal" in the title, he'll be traveling back and forth in time but what I don't like is people saying that someone(JTE most likely) will die that's why he starts traveling to save her :\

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

This is exactly what I thought! Young Lee Gon was down and bleeding when the guard was shot on his left shoulder, so I wondered how he would know about the scar. 

This theory is quite good and makes sense. I'm also thinking that what we are seeing is not one continuous timeline with the same people, but rather (1) meshed, different timelines, or (2) one timeline but with time-travelling people here and there. :P

I agree about the timeline! what we are seeing isn't happening at the same period of time and the fact that the story is being told in a non-linear way like they show scenes in one episode and expand those scenes in the next episode as flashback.. it bothers me and it's my main complaint about the directing/writing :( some people love this style of storytelling tho but it confuses me a lot

I bet the future Lee Gon was in a lot of scenes other than the ep10 ending

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I learned that there is a skill/method for horse trainers to earn the respect of their horses. Also, horses remember human friends who gave them positive memory through food rewards. This is yet another reason to admire LMH, for he made an effort to earn Maximus' respect - he even gave him a bath. We also saw him in previous BTS that he fed Maximus, and now we see him sending boxes of food to him. With LMH's kindness, Maximus would sure not forget him even after they're done filming! :wub:

syntyche,  I do agree with you - I wonder what kind of breed is Maximus, huh? He looks so calm. What I know is the calmest horse breed is the quarter horse or a draft breed. And I really admire LMH that he gets to earn his respect since as far as I know it needs to take so many months to really bond with a horse. Horses really can recognize their owners by their voices. Horses remember people who have treated them well. Just like dogs. horse could be one of your most loyal, long-term buddies if you treat it right.:blush:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

I also admire their friendship. Seeing some online interaction between them would be great!

After seven long months of filming, they're finally done. And in just two weeks, the airing would also be completed. I can't believe the project that we've waited for years is coming to a close. I do hope people would finally appreciate this intricate body of work that the team of "The King" has done.  

Pyeha look gorgeous in that suit :wub:

syntyche, ye, (7) months is quite long - Finally. the filming for the drama will end today. The reel couple will film their last scene for the drama in Nonsan, South Chungcheong Province. Sigh............ the drama will have their final episodes aired next week on June 5th and 6th. Time flies so fast..... :lol:

• Like 3

I said already he looked fine, how am I supposed to handle the added sweetness ♡

1590648804.gif

I read in the DC drama gal that both main actors had a tight schedule of 7N8D non-stop filming, and after today's pics of minho someone posted

"is that the face of someone who pulled a 3 all-nighters?

is this the secret of celebrities?

I'd turn into a zombie if I don't get a 1 good night's sleep"

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min Ho Shows Off Gift From Jung Il Woo On Set Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Jung Il Woo sent Lee Min Ho a thoughtful gift!

On May 28, Lee Min Ho shared a photo of himself posing in front of a banner of a coffee truck gifted to him by Jung Il Woo. The banner reads, “Min Ho, you’ve done great.”

Previously, Jung Il Woo revealed that the two had been close friends since their school days. Last year, Lee Min Ho also gifted a food truck to Jung Il Woo on the set of his drama “Haechi.”

Currently, Lee Min Ho is starring in SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” which airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m. KST. Jung Il Woo is also starring in the new JTBC drama “Sweet Munchies” which premiered on May 25.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403164wpp/lee-min-ho-shows-off-gift-from-jung-il-woo-on-set-of-the-king-eternal-monarch

LEE GON : the king eternal monarch

cr: theB

• Like 6

[SBS Star] 'The King: Eternal Monarch' Team to Wrap Up Filming Today

201435393_1280.jpg

The filming for SBS' ongoing Friday-Saturday drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' will officially end today. On May 28, it was reported that the production team and cast members of 'The King: Eternal Monarch' will film their very last scene for the drama in Nonsan, Chungcheongnam-do today. The King: Eternal MonarchAs the drama's filming schedule comes to an end, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' will officially be wrapping up its 7-month journey. The King: Eternal MonarchLed by actor Lee Minho and actress Kim Go-eun, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is a fantasy-romance drama that tells the story of two parallel universe―the Korean Empire and the modern-day South Korea. Meanwhile, the final episodes of 'The King: Eternal Monarch' will be aired next week on June 5 and 6 on SBS and Netflix. The King: Eternal Monarch(Credit= SBS The King: Eternal Monarch) (SBS Star)

source : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005809558

• Like 5

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

leeminhosny, I'm curious why Naver announced a change in its reaction emoji on their entertainment articles, huh? Previously, users were able to react with "warm and fuzzy", "angry", and "want a follow-up article"  emoji reactions. But these reactions have now been replaced with "support", "congratulations," "looking forward to it" and "surprised"  emojis. I guess they want to focus now on positive expressions. :innocent:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho boasted of the coffee car he received from Jung Il-woo. A friendship that steals attention

On Friday, actor Lee Min-ho posted a photo of himself on his Instagram account.

In the photo released, Lee Min-ho takes a photo in front of a coffee truck showing off his features. Lee Min-ho drew attention as he showed off his warm friendship by drawing a V.

Meanwhile, the SBS drama "The King-Eternal Monarch," in which Lee Min-ho plays a passionate role, airs every Friday and Saturday at 10 p.m.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005281437265417000_1

I also admire their friendship. Seeing some online interaction between them would be great!

syntyche, thanks for sharing this. They have been supporting each other; in fact, LMH even sent a food truck to Jung Il Woo’s drama set last year, right? So NICE & WARM of him that to show his gratitude, he posted this photo beside the food truck’s banner with a peace sign. Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo’s relationship is such friendship goals!  :blush:

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Not Airing This Friday

ae2383bf1d914ffba6b3412e3b9ac8e2.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” will not be airing on May 29.

On May 28, a source from SBS shared that the 2011 film “Contagion” will air instead of the upcoming episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch” on May 29.

The source explained, “Through ‘Contagion,’ we will examine how the human race deals with viruses and raise awareness [of COVID-19]. A crisis is on the rise once more as the number of newly confirmed COVID-19 patients has soared two days in a row, reaching more than 70 patients (in a day) for the first time in nearly two months.”

“Contagion” is an American thriller that revolves around a newly discovered virus that causes a pandemic across the globe. The film, which depicts the fear of infectious diseases and the struggle of experts at the forefront of the disaster, is said to have accurately predicted the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” will return with episode 13 on May 30 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Latifah_ said:

I said already he looked fine, how am I supposed to handle the added sweetness ♡

I read in the DC drama gal that both main actors had a tight schedule of 7N8D non-stop filming, and after today's pics of minho someone posted

"is that the face of someone who pulled a 3 all-nighters?

is this the secret of celebrities?

I'd turn into a zombie if I don't get a 1 good night's sleep"

It looks like many scenes shooting in last year were not used in drama. Or they took too many times for a single scene ? So the filming schedule was so tight that actors couldn't get enough rests. It's too hard to spend 7 months for only 16 episodes.  :crazy:

I'm glad Minho can have full time rest now but only 4 episodes left.............. :(

007Cj1rGgy1gf89x2l83nj30n014w771.jpg

cr. Logo

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

It looks like many scenes shooting in last year were not used in drama. Or they took too many times for a single scene ? So the filming schedule was so tight that actors couldn't get enough rests. It's too hard to spend 7 months for only 16 episodes.  :crazy:

I'm glad Minho can have full time rest now but only 4 episodes left.............. :(

cr. Logo

gtLmh, I very much agree with you - The term they use to refer to the sort of sleep actors are prone to get while on set is “jjok-jam,” which means catching a nap during breaks in filming, but a rather uncomfortable sort of sleep. Because in the case of a 16 episode mini-series, usually a minimum of four episodes needs to be filmed before the drama goes to air, but that really depends on circumstances.Cast members in leading roles have overlapping filming schedules, so they are on an even tighter schedule. Other cast members and staff have to be on standby for filming, and while the production might prefer a smaller cast, they are considered necessary for viewership ratings. Writers are also occasionally late with their scripts; it has become habit to continually edit the script to optimize ratings. Despite the lack of sleep and last-minute script deliveries, the cast are able to keep going for the sake of ratings. For some, this could be a sufficiently sweet reward for lost sleep. :blush:

• Like 3

Boys over flowers ranked 22 worldwide on netflix. You know how huge it is? Only old drama which ranked higher i think is friends which is worldwide classic. Language barrier still bof barely missed top 20. 11 years since it aired. It is biggest hallyu hit of all time. 

I m glad king is loved worldwide. If not in korea.

The first few weeks , the direction and story was slow which ruined the momentum in korea and people never gave it chance again. Poor actors not their fault.  Drama picked up by end of third week, but there was so much negativity.  There are many who are celebrating it. I am sure lmh will bounce back. I hope he picks a strong script, not just the writer and also start exploring movie land. He is rich enough to produce a movie on his own. 

There is an industry insider who gave me some info before about some celebs  and it came right. She revealed that LMH is not into media play and he is highest paid drama actor without letting million articles  getting out. She said he got paid 300k usd per episode. That is 4.8 million usd for season. He got paid so much  because of high distribution he brought for king. Despite not working in korea, drama recovered  the budget because of his name. I wish he mediaplayed too.

Lmh will keep getting big salary bcoz he brings profit despite the ratings. But i hope he doesn't relax after king and sign some good script and get a blockbuster. Some low lives r running their mouths too much. Which makes me sad.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, willenette said:

leeminhosny, I'm curious why Naver announced a change in its reaction emoji on their entertainment articles, huh? Previously, users were able to react with "warm and fuzzy", "angry", and "want a follow-up article"  emoji reactions. But these reactions have now been replaced with "support", "congratulations," "looking forward to it" and "surprised"  emojis. I guess they want to focus now on positive expressions. :innocent:

@willenette This is actually a good move for Naver. Sometimes articles could get too negative reactions from trolls. Encouraging positive expressions and vibes shouldn't hurt. :)

@Deepakmahajan hey, you're back! I hope you are doing well now.  

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

I read a theory on Weibo today. Don't know if there's same theory on "The King" thread. (I have given up to follow that thread for almost 500 posts per day. )

Who knows that the boss of book store got a gun shot on his left shoulder before.
1. the savior with mask

2. Lee Rim
3. the boss himself

4. other minions of Lee Rim

Child LG was wounded and fainted, he couldn't see what happened when Lee Rim and his minions were running away. So the savior must be Lee Gon himself.

But Lee Gon has not gone back to 1994, why he know the gun shot ? Is this LG from the future ?
After Lee Gon hold the ring at the frozen time and told his co-captain he would leave for several days, he should go to the between-world-area. Lee Gon we saw after that was all future Lee Gon coming beck including destroyed the book store, calculating the frozen time on the board, save JTE, and beheaded kiss. 
But how 2 LG relay without mistakes ? Maybe 2 LG already met each other and future LG told the secret of the flute to LG.
The evidence is after JTE was saved and on LG's bed, LG told JTE : If the door is closed, I will open the door of whole universe to see you. Same as LG told JTE that he's coming through the universe when he went to see her and gave her flower. That's only future LG can know and do it. 

It seems a very reasonable theory. :P

@gtLmh0622 @syntyche

Yes!  We chatted about this briefly during our watch party. 

LG remembered the shoulder shot because he is the savior. 

So he must be "future" LG?

My theory has been that the saviors are LG + LG.

Now he has traveled back once (and returned)?

I think the ring might be the key to time travel.

But I wonder, too, if LR has been time traveling by turning his watch and crossing the portal?

Thanks for posting from Weibo!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@Deepakmahajan. Hope you are ok now. I totally agree with you. I made the mistake of reading a certain blog for the first time since The King aired and low lives is right- and the owner of the blog is as bad. They are vicious and totally refuse to see what a great triumph The King is worldwide. Netflix and Studio Dragon must be delighted with its success. BOF doing so well is really phenomenal. 

I wonder if he will go on holiday now filming is finished. He said in one of his magazine interviews that he had loved the holiday in Spain - perhaps as countries open up again he will have a well  deserved break somewhere- but not for too long!!

Hope everyone on here is ok- it’s sad the virus is back in SK.

• Like 7

https://6.viki.io/image/de6f23b99bb0430aa33d3aa71ff0342f.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Woo Do Hwan Watches Over An Injured Lee Min Ho In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

May 28, 2020
by C. Hong

SBS’s “The King: Eternal Monarch” has previewed a dramatic confrontation in their upcoming episode!

Spoilers

In Episode 12, Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) couldn’t hide his shock when he noticed the lightning scars on Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryung (Jung Eun Chae), which suggested that she had been moving between the two parallel universes. Meanwhile, Jo Young (Woo Do Hwan) spotted Myung Na Ri (Kim Yong Ji) in the café with a woman who looked like Goo Seo Ryung, but got shot when he tried to follow her.

In the new stills, Jo Young discovers Lee Gon, who has been violently attacked by an unknown assailant. Although he immediately takes Lee Gon to the hospital, Lee Gon is put on breathing support and remains unconscious.

lee-min-ho-woo-do-hwan.jpg

Production company Hwa&Dam Pictures stated, “Lee Min Ho and Woo Do Hwan, in their roles as the emperor and the chief royal bodyguard, are like soulmates. This will be a key scene in how Lee Gon overcomes the troubles that he is involved in. Please look forward to Episode 13.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” will not be airing on Friday, May 27. Episode 13 will air on Saturday, May 28.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403221wpp/woo-do-hwan-watches-over-an-injured-lee-min-ho-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 3

Lee Minho sends horse surprise gifts after filming ends for 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

Korean actor Lee Minho is experiencing yet another surge of popularity thanks to Netflix's "The King: Eternal Monarch".

lmh-horse-featured.png

The 16-episode fantasy/romance drama started airing on Apr. 17, and sees Lee as a king in a parallel world.

Even though the series is still ongoing, viewers have noticed a special affinity between Lee and his royal steed Maximus.

In an interview with E-news Exclusive, Lee revealed that he would eat lemon candy with the horse after a wrap.

Spoiler

Screenshot-2020-05-27-at-11.42.22-AM.png

Screenshot-2020-05-27-at-11.42.32-AM.png

Screenshot-2020-05-27-at-11.42.37-AM.png

Screenshot-2020-05-27-at-11.42.48-AM.png

Screenshot-2020-05-27-at-10.50.36-AM.png

Filming for the series recently concluded after about six months on set, SBS Star reported.

On May 25, gifts that Maximus had received from Lee were posted to Instagram. Lee had sent Maximus the gifts to thank the horse for its hard work. 

According to SBS Star, the words on the ribbon read, "Good job. You did well, Maximus. From Lee Minho."

gift-2.jpg

Maximus received boxes of carrots, apples, bananas, and sugar cubes.

Spoiler

gift-1.jpg

Here are more behind-the-scenes of Lee interacting with Maximus (click cc for English subtitles):

Cute.

https://mothership.sg/2020/05/lee-minho-maximus-gifts/

• Like 5