Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

remember when minho said he wanted to try the marine or navy captain suit someday? he got his wish fulfilled

this guy knows exactly what outfit would explode his already explosive charms :P 

during LotBS the presscon was streamed live via SBS' official page(facebook I think), we later got various short clips from different media outlets/news

it's been a while since pixie logged in right? it's about time she comes back! let all of us watch and analyze this drama together xD

I heard so many kminoz have recently subscribed to Netflix just to watch The King, idk if netflix is as popular and mainstream in Korea as it is anywhere else but this is huge as they can just opt out to watch it on sbs

friday come fasterrrrr

cr. holyground

Hi Latifah, Netflix entered SK market since 2016 but I feel that its presence hasn't neccessarily been welcomed by some local entertainment industry. I feel that it's stil CJ E&M & SK Telecom, which controls the current dominant streaming service. However, not all SK entertainment firms refused to license content to Netflix. Platform like Netflix will help to boost the consumption of K-movies/dramas by making them more accessible to foreign audiences. So, I feel that it will eventually become the largest streaming platform in SK in the near future.  :P

• Like 5

@Latifah_ @willenette but I thought local ratings is important? So wouldn’t it effect the local SBS ratings if kminoz (assuming kminoz means min hi fans in SK) watch the show from Netflix instead of straight from SBS?

just curious. 

I really want the drama to do well. That’s why I asked if the the two ratings agency in SK would count Netflix viewers, but supposedly they count only the local channels and that’s what’s important for the production. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@Latifah_ @willenette but I thought local ratings is important? So wouldn’t it effect the local SBS ratings if kminoz (assuming kminoz means min hi fans in SK) watch the show from Netflix instead of straight from SBS?

just curious. 

I really want the drama to do well. That’s why I asked if the the two ratings agency in SK would count Netflix viewers, but supposedly they count only the local channels and that’s what’s important for the production. 

Hi scrawford, in SK, a TV rating is an estimate of the percentage of households watching a particular program. I'm talking about households here, not individual viewers. Also important because advertisers can use these numbers to determine where to put their ads to maximize target audience reach. It may also useful to the viewers, particularly the international fans as they tell, which series are popular in K-audience. Neilsen does measure the audience for streaming shows then - this as far as I know - but I heard that Netlix & other platforms have disputed the rating service's numbers. So, basically I heard that international ratings now don't exist. So, I guess Netflix viewership number is meaningless. As far as I know now their ratings don't include streaming anymore.   :P

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, syntyche said:

D-6  :love:

LMH spotted in a white navy uniform in the filming of The King! :wub:

cr: polarisx_jino

************************************************************************************************

I was able to watch all The King videos on the Kakaotv app after using a VPN.

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. While many are expecting so much from LMH to give high ratings for his drama, I'm sure the same thing are expecting also from the screenwriter considering the fact that she has made a powerful reputation for herself over the years as a major hitmaker when it comes to her scripts especially that this drama has fantasy elements much like Goblin.  :P

• Like 3

***  We've seen another teaser/trailer but we still haven't gotten any event-driven scenes. I guess SBS knows many viewers will check this out. Take a look at LMH's expressive eyes here while hugging her. How expressive those eyes can be!  :heart:

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, willenette said:

*** Hyena ended April 11, paving the way for "The King: Eternal Monarch", which starts next Friday on SBS. Can't wait! :P

I love hyena, and it was such a good drama. However the last couple of weeks I have been itching for it to end Heheheh.

yay!!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Maybe it’s only me, but anyone else annoyed that this series is compared with Goblin? 

The opening with the tree and the fact that the demons released by deity VS the deity cursed Kim shin into Goblin, yeah it’s similiar. But as far as the vibe, I don’t really get the similarity. Aside from the fact both drama are well shot and has a good cinematography. 

But dang... people, just chill and watch the show if you want, and if you don’t, let’s keep the negative comments away. 

I realy

hope KES isn’t recycling her story, and I doubt that Kim Go Eun, is willing to do a comeback drama with the same writer if, the story is similar. 

I just need to rant. 

• Like 8

D-5 :blush:

HOT: Lee Min Ho is extremely handsome, riding on a white horse to find Kim Go Eun in The King: Eternal Monarch's teaser 

honeycam-2020-04-10-21-04-01-15865274617

https://kenh14.vn/hot-lee-min-ho-dep-trai-bat-pham-cuoi-bach-ma-tim-kim-go-eun-trong-teaser-be-ha-bat-tu-20200410211601705.chn

With SBS' Friday-Saturday drama 'Hyena' set to end soon, expectations are high for its successor, 'The King-Eternal Monarch'

In the preview of "The King-Eternal Monarch," internet users said, "I can't wait to see Kim Go-eun," "How can I hold out until next week?" and "Lee Min Ho's voice is crazy. The difference in pitch is crazy," and "I'm very much looking forward to it."

https://www.dailysecu.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=107759

20 male idols who have "guaranteed ratings" on Korean television: Handsome and talented

1.  Lee Min Ho  - The unbeaten monarch of Korean showbiz

He has been in the entertainment industry for a long time but Lee Min Ho remains on top of the game, capturing the love of so many viewers with his appearance. Dramas he participates in are already considered half successful even if it hasn't aired yet. That's why Lee Min Ho is considered one of the treasures of Korean television.

photo-1-15865342362181821995824.jpg

https://kenh14.vn/20-nam-than-bao-chung-rating-truyen-hinh-han-dep-trai-lai-con-tai-nang-chi-em-toan-chau-a-ai-cung-nhan-lam-chong-la-phai-2020041022475383.chn

• Like 6
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, scrawford said:

Maybe it’s only me, but anyone else annoyed that this series is compared with Goblin? 

The opening with the tree and the fact that the demons released by deity VS the deity cursed Kim shin into Goblin, yeah it’s similiar. But as far as the vibe, I don’t really get the similarity. Aside from the fact both drama are well shot and has a good cinematography. 

But dang... people, just chill and watch the show if you want, and if you don’t, let’s keep the negative comments away. 

I realy

hope KES isn’t recycling her story, and I doubt that Kim Go Eun, is willing to do a comeback drama with the same writer if, the story is similar. 

I just need to rant. 

Unfortunately, I think there are going to be comparisons, similar to when LBS was compared to YFAS.  

I wonder if LMH will do a VLIVE.  i really enjoyed the one before LBS.  

@Latifah_  I told Pixie that we missed her.  She said she'd try take a peak at the thread.  

• Like 7

13 hours ago, scrawford said:

just curious. 

of course they'll watch it real-time on sbs it's their priority, but many of them are also subscribing to Netflix just because it'll be there too just to double the fun y'know xD u get the luxury of rewatching the episodes whenever u want and they also come with subtitles(even Korean subtitles)

10 hours ago, scrawford said:

I love hyena, and it was such a good drama. However the last couple of weeks I have been itching for it to end Heheheh.

yay!!!! 

haha saaaame

during the last few episodes I was watching it just for the sake of finishing it, and whenever the little notice of The King comes out I used to happily get distracted by it

Spoiler

8gspOyO.png

YMU49hN.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/11/2020 at 2:18 PM, Latifah_ said:

remember when minho said he wanted to try the marine or navy captain suit someday? he got his wish fulfilled

this guy knows exactly what outfit would explode his already explosive charms :P 

I heard so many kminoz have recently subscribed to Netflix just to watch The King, idk if netflix is as popular and mainstream in Korea as it is anywhere else but this is huge as they can just opt out to watch it on sbs

@Latifah_ Oh yes he did mentioned this during the last fan meeting isn’t? I recalled you also attended that one... I enjoyed reading your experiences by the way, it’s important for a baby minoz like me. it’s gonna be in my bucket list to attend one of his fan meet in SK ...

Really hope netflix won’t impact the ratings, It’s so nerve wrecking. I read some knets are worried that the world of married couple at 11pm will overlap with some of the King. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep after the first episode I’ll be waiting for the ratings. 

Fingers crossed 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SophieH said:

@Latifah_ Oh yes he did mentioned this during the last fan meeting isn’t? I recalled you also attended that one... I enjoyed reading your experiences by the way, it’s important for a baby minoz like me. it’s gonna be in my bucket list to attend one of his fan meet in SK ...

Really hope netflix won’t impact the ratings, It’s so nerve wrecking. I read some knets are worried that the world of married couple at 11pm will overlap with some of the King. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep after the first episode I’ll be waiting for the ratings. 

Fingers crossed 

Hi SophieH, like you, I also haven't tried attending any of his FM. But, I've been to a couple of RAIN's FM & I can say that attending a FM is a little bit expensive - hahaha for the ticket alone. Fans gather for an hour or so to meet your fave idol in the flesh. Expect fun games, performances, interview segments & a whole lot of gushing. Super exciting, right? When you're there there's no way you can fully prepare yourself for all the feels. IDK if there's lightstick in any of his FM.....BUT, this is a must-have at live events the K-way. There' s usually an official lighstick designed for the whole fandom. Usually, a camera isn't allowed inside especially when FM is held in Japan. They're very   strict on this. I love attending FM because it involves a lot of fan interactions. If you're lucky enough - you can stand on the stage with them, shake their hands or give them a hug. When you're there, let go of your inhibitions & scream if you want - hahaha. FM is more intimate & for fans who wait a whole year or more to see them up close & personal, it's definitely worth all the money & hype.  :P

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

of course they'll watch it real-time on sbs it's their priority, but many of them are also subscribing to Netflix just because it'll be there too just to double the fun y'know xD u get the luxury of rewatching the episodes whenever u want and they also come with subtitles(even Korean subtitles)

haha saaaame

during the last few episodes I was watching it just for the sake of finishing it, and whenever the little notice of The King comes out I used to happily get distracted by it

Reveal hidden contents

8gspOyO.png

YMU49hN.jpg

Hopefully they will watch through SBS to help the ratings heheh... 

aweeee..... how nice!

im watching Hyena through Netflix, so.... I didn’t get little glimps of the king :(.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, syntyche said:

I remember back in 2017 when he and other top stars went for army. Producers were complaining  that they lack big stars to carry big budget dramas as  new gen failed to take over him n other  top stars. And next 2 years ratings were tragic.

Look at 2019 and 2020. Top stars r coming back, so does the ratings.

No wonders PDs love him.

I read that lotbs covered its budget from vitenam sales alone.

Sbs want lmh bcoz they know how much revenue he brings from overseas as well.

His track record as leading man is amazing.

4 shows so far over 20% and one of them peaking at 36% creating second hallyu wave altogether.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I remember back in 2017 when he and other top stars went for army. Producers were complaining  that they lack big stars to carry big budget dramas as  new gen failed to take over him n other  top stars. And next 2 years ratings were tragic.

Look at 2019 and 2020. Top stars r coming back, so does the ratings.

No wonders PDs love him.

I read that lotbs covered its budget from vitenam sales alone.

Sbs want lmh bcoz they know how much revenue he brings from overseas as well.

His track record as leading man is amazing.

4 shows so far over 20% and one of them peaking at 36% creating second hallyu wave altogether.

Ah yes, I remember reading that. Producers were excited that the big stars were coming back from their military service. 

Well, LMH is not called the Hallyu King for nothing. I have faith that The King will do well, if not better, than his previous dramas. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

24 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Ah yes, I remember reading that. Producers were excited that the big stars were coming back from their military service. 

Well, LMH is not called the Hallyu King for nothing. I have faith that The King will do well, if not better, than his previous dramas. 

@syntycheLove your positivity tone in this discussion.

even if it’s not breaking records in locals, his drama still do well overseas. And I think that it’s way he attracts big budget dramas. The productions wants to go overseas, and hence the hallyu king nick name.

but of course I also wants to see his new drama

breking records locally, knowing that it is important as well. 

But more importantly, I want this to be the work that Lee min Ho is proud of. I want this to be different than his past roles. There has been comments going around about him picking a typical rich male lead character, and while I can see some truth to it, I want to believe that LMH is very aware of what his previous role were and there is a reason why He picked this one. 

And I finally watch Gangnam blues last night, and wow!!! I hope to see him doing more project like that, or maybe film festival type project. The guy can act, he is not just pretty face. 

Also, he said that he receive a lot of offers and ended up picking King. Now I want to know what are those project that he passed. It’s interesting to know what kind of drama he could have ended up with :).

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2

@scrawford

People who say lmh can't act are just blind.

For people good acting is playing a poor man role in small budget dramas. 

All his roles are author backed roles. He gets best productions.  Why should he refuse them? Should he refuse them and accept low budget dramas lol?

Bof and heirs were school dramas. Both were different characters and had no similarity. 

City hunter was such a good action drama and despite his injuries he slayed.  For me his best drama role. 

He slayed his role in faith. Personal taste was different. 

Lotbs he stole the show from everyone.

Faith despite good acting didn't work much on ratings compared to other work of his. Isn't this a business? Doing so called edgy roles, don't bring ratings for him

Gangnam blues was a very different genre and he slayed in it. It is just cool for edgy people to call him bad actor. 

When he got diverse portfolio.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Yes cant agree more. He is not called the hallyu king for nothing. He is already the king since 2009 right? 

Even so, I must confess. In this new role, TKEM, he seems somehow different, exuding a diferrent aura. Sometimes, my heart just skip a beat whenever his pictures or the new teaser of him came out. Hahaha, ok I know he is handsome etc. But believe me, I never feel or act like this before B)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@syntycheLove your positivity tone in this discussion.

even if it’s not breaking records in locals, his drama still do well overseas. And I think that ita way he attracts big budget dramas. The productions wants to go overseas, and hence the hallyu king nick name.

but of course I also wants to see his new drama

breking records locally, knowing that it is important as well. 

But more importantly, I want this to be the work that Lee min Ho is proud of. I want this to be different than his past roles. There has been comments going around about him picking a typical rich male lead character, and while I can see some truth to it, I want to believe that LMH is very aware of what his previous role were and there is a reason why He picked this one. 

And I finally watch Gangnam blues last night, and wow!!! I hope to see him doing more project like that, or maybe film festival type project. The guy can act, he is not just pretty face. 

Also, he said that he receive a lot of offers and ended up picking King. Now I want to know what are those project that he passed. It’s interesting to know what kind of drama he could have ended up with :).

Hi scrawford, I want this drama to do well, rating-wise since it's his comeback project after MS - it's as simple as that. Good to hear that you love the movie, "Gangnam Blues". I find this great, too! A must-watch if you're fan of action movies. It was LMH's 1st major lead role in a movie. We can see that he remains too much of a pretty boy meaning, that you can't completely buy his portrayal of a tough guy but here, he's so convincing. Especially the very well-done soundtrack deserves some praise.  :P

• Like 6