Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

23 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @Vincentia Vocalia!  It's a lot of fun, especially with our current situation, to discuss LMH and the drama with other chingus.

I was a little surprised to see that they are still filming; I read that there's a possibility that a 2nd wave of covid-19 has hit SK. :(

@CarolynH I’m surprise as well that they are still filming. I would feel relief when they announce that they wrap the filming. And everybody is safe and healthy. 

Do they announce when shooting wrap up (when pre produce) 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, syntyche said:

The stylist is actually Filipino, now based in South Korea. Hence they chat in English. I'm proud of bb casually and seemingly fluently chatting in English. :) Now only if he chats with fans, too :P

I noticed his good english too I think he did practice during the 2 yr hiatus he's very good ♥️ I hope he goes on vlive like he'd done before LotBS, I'll ask him about what he did to improve and that we'll be ready whenever he wants someone to practice with :P

15 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I found all screen shots of "The King" on Netflix in different countries showing the date Apr. 17. 

So, will Netflix prepare all subtitles in advance to be aired at same time with Korea ?

Or Netflix always show the premiere date in Korea.
(I've never watched any show/drama on Netflix, now I'll start my first one. :))

Taiwaness news reported that "The King" will be aired on Netflix without lag.

it depends like for some shows they become available after they had finished airing in Korea as whole, while for others(like The King) each episode becomes available right after it's aired in Korea and new episodes release every week with english and/or your language's subtitles

unfortunately for me, my middle east netflix doesn't have it I keep on searching everyday but find nothing :( I guess I'll have to use vpn

14 hours ago, Vincentia Vocalia said:

hello everyone, i'm vincentia. "newbie here" I wish I could join here. I really enjoyed reading comments and all the news about him from you guys. Thank you very much. i'm so excited for his new drama, our King LeeGon. it would be more fun to share this joy with all of you here :)) stay safe wherever you are now. 

Welcome Vincentia! I'm glad you've joined us it's nice to have a place where everyone can comfortably talk about the one thing we all love, stay safe too and hope to see you around more often ^^

from a Japanese Magazine :wub:

1ro9DGn.jpg

cr. as tagged via DC

some people have shared their accounts on seeing Minho shooting today (April 5th)

one said that Minho was so handsome and his face is really too small(I swear if I had a dollar for each time someone said this I'd be a millionaire now xD), the bodyguards didn't allow them to take any pictures so they didn't

another one said that they were passing by and stopped for watching the filming for about 10 minutes and that Minho was ridiculously handsome, she described his outfit and he had a filming scene with WDH. to avoid spoilers she can't describe what he was shooting exactly, but after finishing each take Minho would put an earphone and monitor his scene. the staff looked scary so she couldn't take any pictures :unsure:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, CarolynH said:

Well dang. we just had an earthquake here in SoCal

cr:  as tagged

Just think in 2 short weeks we'll be watching the first episode! woo hoo!:D

Hope the earthquake was minor. Take care!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1ouise said:

have noticed that on Netflix I can watch a currently-airing drama immediately after it has finished airing in Korea.

So yes, they prepare the subtitles in advance (at least for English), even with dramas that are not pre-produced.

That means that a drama

shown at 10 pm in Korea on April 17

is live for me (in the US--MDT) at 7 am on April 17

and available on Netflix at 8:30 am on April 17. 

But you have to remember that there are different licensing rules for different regions.

For my Netflix, other Kdrama new releases play at 7 am in the morning after it screens in SK and with subtitles. So it is confirmed that we will see it on Friday 17th instead of Saturday 18th . Wonderful ! Yay! Other Netflix dramas that are pre-produced like Mr Sunshine and others  were around one and 1/4 hours and without commercials. Since it is airing through SBS, with advertisements, will the show be as long as Mr. Sunshine (1 1/4 or longer hours) or 45 minutes usual time for commercial SBS dramas? Do you know @gtLmh0622 or anyone else.

@Latifah_ I noticed his good english too I think he did practice during the 2 yr hiatus he's very good ♥️ I hope he goes on vlive like he'd done before LotBS, I'll ask him about what he did to improve and that we'll be ready whenever he wants someone to practice with .

Yay, if he really practiced and improved his English, he can do an American movie next. Really hope so.

Really looking forward to seeing King. Can't wait.

• Like 8

202004060907207501_1.jpg?20200406093906

Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan, "The King-Eternal Monarch," captured a neat suit and focused attention.

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Baek Sang-hoon) on Monday revealed the images of Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan, who is furious as Cho Young, the head of the Korean Empire's imperial guard.

The photo released shows Cho Young-ho (Woo Do-hwan), who protects Lee Min-ho, the emperor of the Korean Empire. After finishing the church's condolence visit, Lee Gon is returning to his car with a solemn atmosphere, and Cho Young is guarding him while silently keeping a close eye on the surroundings. Above all, the two figures are like brothers, as they first met in the royal court of the Korean Empire when they were eight and four years old, respectively, and grew up building trust together.

"The scene where Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan appear can be seen as a combination of the majesty of Lee Gon as the emperor of the Korean Empire," said the production company, Hwa & Dam Pictures. "Please look forward to the chemistry between the two who attempted to transform their roles in 'The King-Eternal Monarch.'

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15861332641535065002

• Like 6

4 hours ago, scrawford said:

@CarolynH I’m surprise as well that they are still filming. I would feel relief when they announce that they wrap the filming. And everybody is safe and healthy. 

Do they announce when shooting wrap up (when pre produce) 

@scrawford:  i don't know if LMH does so every time, but I seem to recall at least on one occasion that he mentioned on one of his SNS accounts that filming was finished. 

@CallieP I hope he does another vlive too.  I'm really curious what he did on his off hours during those 2 years.  

@syntyche:  Hmm, those pictures you posted above makes me think that he's at a funeral.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202004067837H

01.22270697.1.jpg

01.22270700.1.jpg

@CarolynH, yes, this was a filming of a funeral service in a Cathedral done in January. Photos of it circulated then, if you remember.

0000628641_002_20200114162004554.jpg?typ

**********************************************************************************************

These 5 Korean Actors Have The Highest Number of Followers On Instagram Right Now

Social media kings!

For K-Movie and K-Drama fans, there are countless reasons to follow actors on their social media platforms, like Instagram. These verified, personal accounts have become an easy way for the fans to keep up with their favorite actors’ genuine interests, important updates, and even current whereabouts too. That is to say, social media has inevitably come to prove: the higher the number of followers an actor has, the greater the popularity he has in the industry at the moment. As of April 2020, these 5 Korean actors have the highest number of followers on Instagram — and so are, undeniably, Korea’s hottest celebrities.

2. Lee Min Ho

With his brand new K-Drama The King: Eternal Monarch coming soon in April 2020, actor Lee Min Ho comes in second on this list of Instagram kings! He has 12,682,444 followers at the moment — but as the anticipation for the drama builds, that number is bound go shoot up!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, CallieP said:

For my Netflix, other Kdrama new releases play at 7 am in the morning after it screens in SK and with subtitles. So it is confirmed that we will see it on Friday 17th instead of Saturday 18th . Wonderful ! Yay! Other Netflix dramas that are pre-produced like Mr Sunshine and others  were around one and 1/4 hours and without commercials. Since it is airing through SBS, with advertisements, will the show be as long as Mr. Sunshine (1 1/4 or longer hours) or 45 minutes usual time for commercial SBS dramas? Do you know @gtLmh0622 or anyone else.

About SBS Fri/Sat dramas, I found Vagabond was around 70 minutes per episode, but Hyena is only 60 minutes per episode. Is because Vagabond also produced by Netflix ? I think "The King" will be at least around 60 minutes like most of K-dramas. 

The "World Rowing" official Weibo account updated yesterday.

https://www.weibo.com/u/6621580179?from=usercardnew&refer_flag=0000020001_&is_hot=1#_rnd1586145782854

According to the post, Lee Gon's position at the rowing scene is the leader of the team, it's a position needs leadership and athletic skills, matched the title of soompi's article. 

007e7tujgy1gdiidk29afj30pc0oq1c1.jpg

And according to the comments of "World Rowing" these days, Lee Min Ho's rowing posture was very correct, he must practiced many times. But his overall athletic skills must be over average that he could do it within such a short time and without lots of practices.  :)

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

actorleeminho Twitter and myment_official Update

Revealed on the site of the elegant emperor's visit!
Lee Min Ho in a suit.

Expectations are high again today due to the extraordinary atmosphere of the site! Come early next week.

SBS New Friday and Saturday Drama #The King - Eternal Monarch
The first episode will be aired on April 17th at 10 p.

EU5JXI2UwAAtg1z?format=jpg&name=small

EU5JXqpU4AApJf8?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Guys i am so nervous for the drama and his comeback.  He looks so stunning and i want it to become huge success for him. I hope after this he moves to movie land because movies are easy in body compared to drama shooting as he has claimed that his body is seeing the affects of all drama work back in his 20s. So i hope he takes it easy and this drama become a massive success.

• Like 6

10 Most Searched Dramas In Korea (Based On Apr. 5 Data)

Which dramas do you think Koreans are searching the most for? Which current drama catches the curiosity of Koreans?

Naver has a ranking of the most searched dramas in Korea with a daily ranking. Being searched online does not mean that these dramas are the most watched, but it is the most issued dramas of the day. It is also interesting to see the changing trends with dramas going up and down from the searching list (changing every day).

This list is based on the data of Apr. 5 daily searched dramas.

EU5L4DUU0AEd3XJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

EU5NynrUMAAjVy0?format=jpg&name=small

“The King: Eternal Monarch” did not start to air but was already in the top 10 most searched dramas of the moment.

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-searched-dramas-in-korea-based-on-apr-5-data/

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

D-11 B)

cr: Tina_minoz

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this picture. LMH has quite a chiseled jawline in the picture you posted. He looks good as ever! He's just so good-looking that it's hard to get him an equal pairing...in terms of looks. That smooth complexion, warm smile, perfect features. When I first read about this comeback drama, that he'll play as King I thought that it will be like sageuk era but it quite turned-out a modern day kind. Well, I guess it's going to be both modern & sageuk-ish. Can't wait for this to drop out already. I hope they make a complete trailer that gives more details by then. It looks like he' s comfortable with the role as a King.  :P

Please be safe everyone! Look forward to enjoying the ride!  :heart:

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SophieH said:

Oh gawd he is so extra fine in the black suit..... this one really sent my heart fluttering all day. How can a funeral look be so perfect :D

Hi SophieH, I couldn't agree with you more - I have always adored LMH! It never faded away - it only grows fonder.  :P

• Like 4
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan, "The King-Eternal Monarch," captured a neat suit and focused attention.

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Baek Sang-hoon) on Monday revealed the images of Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan, who is furious as Cho Young, the head of the Korean Empire's imperial guard.

The photo released shows Cho Young-ho (Woo Do-hwan), who protects Lee Min-ho, the emperor of the Korean Empire. After finishing the church's condolence visit, Lee Gon is returning to his car with a solemn atmosphere, and Cho Young is guarding him while silently keeping a close eye on the surroundings. Above all, the two figures are like brothers, as they first met in the royal court of the Korean Empire when they were eight and four years old, respectively, and grew up building trust together.

"The scene where Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan appear can be seen as a combination of the majesty of Lee Gon as the emperor of the Korean Empire," said the production company, Hwa & Dam Pictures. "Please look forward to the chemistry between the two who attempted to transform their roles in 'The King-Eternal Monarch.'

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15861332641535065002

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I guess he's attending the funeral of a deceased Royal & dignitary in the stills.  :P

• Like 1

D-10 :D

Behind-the-scene photos released! 

202004070836290410_2.jpg

202004070836290410_3.jpg

202004070836290410_5.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

202004070836290410_4.jpg

202004070836290410_6.jpg

202004070836290410_7.jpg

202004070836290410_8.jpg

202004070836290410_9.jpeg

202004070836290410_10.jpg

202004070836290410_11.jpg

The behind-the-scenes cuts of the new SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (directed by Kim Eun-sook, directed by Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun) is drawing attention.

The behind-the-scene photo collection of ``The King-Eternal Monarch'' actors Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae and Lee Jung-jin have been released.

Lee Min-ho, who plays the role of the emperor of the Korean Empire, Lee Gon, took on the mysterious emperor who faces a new fate across the parallel world, showing various charms ranging from mournful eyes to dignified appearance. In particular, even though he showed a soft smile on the set, he drew applause in front of the monitor with his professional side, which was a sharp analysis.

Meanwhile, "The King-Eternal Monarch", written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Baek Sang-hoon, is considered the most anticipated film of 2020.

The first episode will be aired at 10 p.m. on the 17th

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202004070902444949&ext=na

actorleeminho Twitter and myment_official IG Update

D-10 from first episode! Behind-the-scene photos released!

From the tender eyes of a heartthrob
Taste monitoring mood 

Ready to next week's premiere on small screen

SBS New Friday and Saturday Drama #The King and the Prince of Eternity
The first episode airs on April 17th (Friday) at 10 p.m

• Like 5
  • Love 2